PDA

View Full Version : CL Access

Basil
13-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Dear Mods

I am told by a friend that he is thinking of increasing his post count by shamelessly posting and creating diversions all over this excellent BB. I have strongly advised him against it, but he fears he can't hold on much longer.

Is there a policy, or should there be a policy against such shameless 'back end running' around the rules.

Or is it simply not possible to police it because it would just engender sneakier and less obvious tactics?

Alan Shore
13-05-2006, 11:19 PM
In before lock.

Basil
13-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Has it been done before? Surely?

I'm glad Bill put me out of my misery - I've told him so

ElevatorEscapee
14-05-2006, 12:16 AM
I did it for a while myself ;)

Now I am trying to get my post count up to 666 :P :lol: ;)

Welcome to the banned wagon! :D

MichaelBaron
14-05-2006, 10:11 AM
I have always felt its quality of the posting that counts, not the quantity - Am I wrong? :doh:

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I have always felt its quality of the posting that counts, not the quantity - Am I wrong? :doh:

No, you are not.

MichaelBaron
14-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Dear Mods

I am told by a friend that he is thinking of increasing his post count by shamelessly posting and creating diversions all over this excellent BB. I have strongly advised him against it, but he fears he can't hold on much longer.

Is there a policy, or should there be a policy against such shameless 'back end running' around the rules.

Or is it simply not possible to police it because it would just engender sneakier and less obvious tactics?

Is your friends name Boris? Hehe:eh:

So what is so special about the CL? Any priveledges to the CL memebers?

antichrist
14-05-2006, 10:41 AM

No, that is why I am in.

MichaelBaron
14-05-2006, 10:51 AM
No, that is why I am in.

LOL to Antichrist

ElevatorEscapee
14-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Yes, you are wrong. ;) Quantity of posts is the only yardstick to entry to the Coffee Lounge. ;) :P

So what is so special about the CL? Any priveledges to the CL memebers?

Yes, members with access to the Coffee Lounge get to post in the Coffee Lounge to complain about the Coffee Lounge. :lol:

See you there in another 100 posts. ;)

Kevin Bonham
14-05-2006, 02:31 PM

I would advise your friend that such action will be considered to be post-flooding (which there is a rule against) and will not have the desired effect, and is therefore best avoided. :P

four four two
14-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Flooding is best suited for the Sydney Swans and Noah's ark...:P

Basil
14-05-2006, 02:52 PM
It was hot and wet. Wet and hot, hot and wet. It was tough. It was a dark, long night.

four four two
14-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah but imagine what it would have been like if it had gone on for forty days and nights...:P ;)

bergil
14-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Flooding is best suited for the Sydney Swans and Noah's ark...:P
Both rightly rewarded! :P

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 08:53 PM
As annoying as some of Howard's spamming posts are, I remember some of kaitlin's posts (some of them seemingly just random words stuck together) and none of the mods felt they needed to restrict her CL Access.

Bill Gletsos
14-05-2006, 08:58 PM
As annoying as some of Howard's spamming posts are, I remember some of kaitlin's posts (some of them seemingly just random words stuck together) and none of the mods felt they needed to restrict her CL Access.I dont recall here trying to up her post count to gain CL access as she had no need to.

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I dont recall here trying to up her post count to gain CL access as she had no need to.

Well that's true, I guess she wasn't doiing it deliberately but geez she used to post some incomprehensible stuff.

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Well that's true, I guess she wasn't doiing it deliberately but geez she used to post some incomprehensible stuff.

Incomprehensible to you, George, but I think that says more about you than it does about her. Insofar as this relates to the spamming of Howard Duggan perhaps you can elucidate. Since right now it seems you are the one posting incomprehensible stuff.

antichrist
14-05-2006, 09:18 PM
WE, don't you realise that RW protects all the skirts except the Canberra sisters - a clash of dressmakers I think?

But Kaitlin and I got on well - both crazy.

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Incomprehensible to you, George, but I think that says more about you than it does about her. Insofar as this relates to the spamming of Howard Duggan perhaps you can elucidate. Since right now it seems you are the one posting incomprehensible stuff.

Barry, you seem to make one-eyed judgements about people, and iclassify them into either group A or group B. Group A consisting of those who kiss your ass, Group B consisting of various types, but mainly those with original and creative opinions.

When a post from a Group a person appears, you will invariably pop up and be the yes man for whatever they say. If a post from a Group B person appears, you will come out of your hole and say something personally insulting to that poster, often irrespective of what they posted.

Two of the BB's most interesting and best informed posters, Libby and Jenni appear to be Group B. It seems I have also inadvertantly become a part of that group. Well, I guess if I am in the same company as Jenni and Libby then I will take it as a compliment.

To you all I can say is, learn to communicate without insulting, it is much more endearing.

Basil
14-05-2006, 09:24 PM
As annoying as some of Howard's spamming posts "are"
Shouldn't that read "were"? Or are we talking about two posts today. One in the Graphics Card thread for old time sake, and one in PU asking for one sugar?

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:25 PM
WE, don't you realise that RW protects all the skirts except the Canberra sisters - a clash of dressmakers I think?

But Kaitlin and I got on well - both crazy.

I got along well with Kaitlin too, used to speak to her in live chat. I am just saying that the same standards should be applied to her and to Howard.

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I am just saying that the same standards should be applied to her and to Howard.

As Bill pointed out she did not spam to get access to the CL as you alleged initially, so the point of comparison is...?

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Two of the BB's most interesting and best informed posters, Libby and Jenni appear to be Group B. It seems I have also inadvertantly become a part of that group. Well, I guess if I am in the same company as Jenni and Libby then I will take it as a compliment.

George, you are the biggest arse-kisser on the board.

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:31 PM

If you mean I communicate amicably with people then that is true.

Another insult from you, though.

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Another insult from you, though.

Actually that was the phrase you used to insult a mystery group of posters who you feel are on my A-list. You can't dish it out and then try to claim the moral high-ground, fella.

I notice since your original claim in this thread was shown to be totally without value (other than to insult an absent poster) you have tried to move the argument on to other things.

Just be man enough to admit you were wrong and move on.

Basil
14-05-2006, 09:46 PM
As Bill pointed out she did not spam to get access to the CL as you alleged initially, so the point of comparison is...?
Hi Barry
Hate to burst your bubb first up. I didn't post [spam] to get access to CL, either. Your ananlogy is incorrect. I was actually having a bit of fun.

I am yet to make my own personal judgement as to whether you are rectally as tight as some have suggested, [I should say inferred, else I could be accused of misquoting] on this board - I don't think you are, as evidence on the whole suggests, mods and admins have a fair bit to wade through - on balance it seems a fair job being done.

However, back to your incorrect assessment of the situation ...

Had I been trying to get my post count up in a serious and 'contrary to the spirit' manner, I would not have:

1. Headed the thread "I want access to CL". Doh!
2. Asked Bill in the thread if I were being naughty - of course what I was doing is not on. Doh!
3. Wondered out loud when the thread was going to be killed. Doh!
4. Made such obvious unrelated "identical" posts in other threads. Doh!
5. Received a life ban! from Bill. Doh!

There was clearly no malice or hidden aspect to my actions. While your actions suggest rectal tightness in this instance, I defer to my global assessment, that these things are difficult for admins when dealing with so many personalities.

Regards
Howard

PS An autobot welcome message may help your profile
PPS A name change from CL to "Attic" or "Green Room" might be slightly more inkeeping with 3rd Millenium marketing
PPS A small PM from you might have been a better way to handle things.
PPPS I would seriously consider getting a different pic on your profile page - it looks pained.

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Actually that was the phrase you used to insult a mystery group of posters who you feel are on my A-list. You can't dish it out and then try to claim the moral high-ground, fella.

I notice since your original claim in this thread was shown to be totally without value (other than to insult an absent poster) you have tried to move the argument on to other things.

You keep spewing out vitriol and hope I will engage with you. I have better things to do. I will let you stew in your own juices. I hope you don't communicate with people the same way in the real world.

The only thing I will respond to is re: my comment about kaitlin. Like I said, I got along with her, but let's face it, some of her posts made no sense. I think she would be one of the first to admit it. So your mud-flinging seems rather pointless.

ursogr8
14-05-2006, 09:50 PM

Give George some homework to do Baz.
I suggest a complete read of the Baz v Kaitlin game would be instructional for him.

starter

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 09:51 PM
You keep spewing out vitriol and hope I will engage with you. I have better things to do. I will let you stew in your own juices. I hope you don't communicate with people the same way in the real world.

If this is your defintion of vitriol then all I can say is that you have lead a very, very sheltered life.

The only thing I will respond to is re: my comment about kaitlin. Like I said, I got along with her, but let's face it, some of her posts made no sense. I think she would be one of the first to admit it. So your mud-flinging seems rather pointless.

George, you are pointless. :hand:

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Barry
I am yet to make my own personal judgement as to whether you are rectally as tight as some have suggested,

While your actions suggest rectal tightness in this instance, I defer to my global assessment,

PPPS I would seriously consider getting a different pic on your profile page - it looks pained.

It looks slightly constipated to me.

Could be due to the rectal tightness :owned:

See what I've sunk to :)

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 09:57 PM

George, you are pointless.

Quality comebacks :)

Nice one.

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:04 PM
We await intense scrutiny and re-scrutiny for errors in Howard's post. Alas, there are none.

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 10:04 PM
There was clearly no malice or hidden aspect to my actions. While your actions suggest rectal tightness in this instance, I defer to my global assessment, that these things are difficult for admins when dealing with so many personalities.

Howard,

I did not claim you you were doing anything disingenuously. Just you were flooding the board with pointless messages some in otherwise quite sensible threads. This is something which should be discouraged.

Consider yourself discouraged.

warm regards, Barry

PS When a post gets deleted from a thread it is usually not a good idea to submit the exact same post in that thread. This is something for which I usually ban people.
PPS Before you started your campaign of post-flooding you could have PMed me or one of the mods to ask whether it would have been acceptable behaviour. I would have responded in the negative.
PPPS I could not care less about your opinion as to my rectal tightness.
PPPPS As this is electronic medium and we can easily edit the original text why are we are suffixing our posts with all these post scripts?

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Give George some homework to do Baz.
I suggest a complete read of the Baz v Kaitlin game would be instructional for him.

starter

I was actually gong to go back and cite a few of kaitlin's posts as examples. Was there something in particular in the Barry Vs kaitlin game that I should know about?

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:06 PM

Err, no Barry, you insulted him. Just be man enough to admit you were wrong and move on.

The fact that he may have insulted others doesn't get you off the hook, mate.

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:07 PM
This is a much more invigorating way to get one's post count up, don't you think?:eek:

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Err, no Barry, you insulted him. Just be man enough to admit you were wrong and move on.

Do you make it a habit of being wrong?

The fact that he may have insulted others doesn't get you off the hook, mate.

Actually it does.

WhiteElephant
14-05-2006, 10:09 PM
This is a much more invigorating way to get one's post count up, don't you think?:eek:

Have you got access yet, Howard, or are they still restricting you?

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I was actually gong to go back and cite a few of kaitlin's posts as examples. Was there something in particular in the Barry Vs kaitlin game that I should know about?

Perhaps you should do that WE and if you ask nice perhaps someone could explain them to you. But as Bill pointed out posts ago this is all off-topic to the discussion at hand as it had nothing to do with post flooding to gaining access to the CL.

The last post flooding by a member I recall was arosar's attempt to reignite debate in a bunch of his favourite threads one quiet (for him) Friday afternoon. He was also discouraged from doing so again.

Though that time also had nothnig to do with CL access either, at least it was post flooding so is more relevant to the discussion than random people posting cryptic (to some) posts.

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I did not claim you you were doing anything disingenuously. Just you were flooding the board with pointless messages some in otherwise quite sensible threads. This is something which should be discouraged.
BZZZZ. Wrong. You used the inference that I was attempting to do EXACTLY that not 10 posts ago. Specifically #24. :silenced:

Consider yourself discouraged.
BZZZZ. Wrong. I was at it again today. But only to the degree that it would not cause offence.

PS When a post gets deleted from a thread it is usually not a good idea to submit the exact same post in that thread. This is something for which I usually ban people.
Not me. I'm S/P/E/C/I/A/L

PPS Before you started your campaign of post-flooding you could have PMed me or one of the mods to ask whether it would have been acceptable behaviour.
True indeed. But then there would have been no humour. You follow?

PPPS I could not care less about your opinion as to my rectal tightness.
I reckon otherwise. Most ppl are sensitive about that. I reckon you'll go and check your pic once more, too.

PPPPS As this is electronic medium and we can easily edit the original text why are we are suffixing our posts with all these post scripts?
Light, shade. Marketing. Style. All sorts of things you don't get exposed to in your real line of work.

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Down to the river ... :boohoo:

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Howard,

you have clearly lost it. You were clearly post flooding and your motivation was IMHO to gain access to the CL. However, from the point of view of discouraging the behaviour the motivation is irrelevant. The punishment I choose was was related to what I perceived to be the motivation. If CL access was not your motivation then the punishment will not inconvenince you.

As to the rest of your post you obviously have a much higher opinion of yourself than you deserve.

warm regards, Barry

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Barry

I have no problem with the punishment. I would done the same myself. Why are we talking about that?

The issues here are as I have discussed.

PS - I'm winning this one about 10 zip at the moment - pick up your act.
PPS - In the public opinion stakes, its about 20 - zip.
PPs - You keep giving me free kicks by wishing warm regards.

Rincewind
14-05-2006, 10:39 PM
plonk...

Basil
14-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I can't answer "plonk", so I'll ask about your signature...

Are you holding the tool in your left hand or right hand?

Ahem that'd be 21-zip

Desmond
15-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Is your friends name Boris?

Have I done something wrong Michael?

MichaelBaron
15-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Have I done something wrong Michael?

sorry...i confused you for somebody else..my fault:wall:

Kevin Bonham
17-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Barry, you seem to make one-eyed judgements about people, and iclassify them into either group A or group B. Group A consisting of those who kiss your ass, Group B consisting of various types, but mainly those with original and creative opinions.

Those who pretend the originality and creativity to be all on their side in a debate generally display a mode of thinking that is the antithesis of either in jumping to such a conclusion. :hand:

Basil
17-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Those who pretend the originality and creativity to be all on their side in a debate generally display a mode of thinking that is the antithesis of either in jumping to such a conclusion. :hand:

That's excellent Kevin.

The only flaw is that it happens to be a load of bollocks; dare I say circular? :)

OK, its not circular. And I can't prove its bollocks either, however as the premise and the conclusion don't appear related, I would ask for some semblance of qualitative or quantitative research to back up what my brothers would classify as a 'pluck'.

Which is not to be confused with a "plonk".

Basil
18-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Dear Barry

Howard Duggan suspended from CL access until he is deemed to have posted 200 non-spamming posts and then some.

With regards to "and then some", did you have a particular quantity in mind? Or perhaps a timeframe?

If either, did you a) forget, b) neglect, or c) elect, not to share. 'Share' capturing both part of the public comminqué and a personal advice to me.

If you chose to nominate one of the above, or indeed one of your own, would you care to elaborate on the rationale? I appreciate at all times you are obliged to do nothing.

Please do not read this as a request to remove the ban or otherwise. I would be most grateful for a narrow interpretation of what I have requested.

Warm Regards
Howard Duggan

ursogr8
18-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Dear Barry

With regards to "and then some", did you have a particular quantity in mind? Or perhaps a timeframe?

If either, did you a) forget, b) neglect, or c) elect, not to share. 'Share' capturing both part of the public comminqué and a personal advice to me.

If you chose to nominate one of the above, or indeed one of your own, would you care to elaborate on the rationale? I appreciate at all times you are obliged to do nothing.

Please do not read this as a request to remove the ban or otherwise. I would be most grateful for a narrow interpretation of what I have requested.

Warm Regards
Howard Duggan

^^

:sick:

Defend your right to post, and have it count, Howard.

starter

Rincewind
18-05-2006, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the 'dark matter', starter.

Howard,

I prefer to review the situation on a periodic basis without setting a target number of posts because that was the arbitrary post target which created the situation in the first place.

As you have hit my killfile I will rely on the recommendation of the mods as to whether the CL ban should be lifted or remain in force.

warm regards, Barry

Basil
18-05-2006, 05:12 PM

Hi Trevor
I wasn't aware my right to post needed defending. I would add on a better day, that none of us has [third person, singular applies. A common mistake is "None of us HAVE a right to post] a right to post, but that's a different story.

Basil
18-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I prefer to review the situation on a periodic basis without setting a target number of posts because that was the arbitrary post target which created the situation in the first place.

As you have hit my killfile I will rely on the recommendation of the mods as to whether the CL ban should be lifted or remain in force.

Hi Barry

I would suggest that the 'review on periodic' would have been well served in the orginal penal notice. I would hate to offer 'transparency' as a reason, so I will settle for 'education'. I think a number of people would be genuinely interested in the machinations of the justice process.

Please elborate on "Killfile". I am not familiar with that vernacular.

With respect to the Squad recommendation; do you/ have you sought it? Or do you/ will you await it?

Cheers
H

ElevatorEscapee
18-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I was initially opposed to Howard's ban from the Coffee Lounge, however, seeing the wonderfully entertaining way in which he has reacted, and the positive benefit (enjoyment wise) that I have derived from the excercise, I think a good case could be made for upping the bar to say, 400-500 posts... and then upping the bar further when it looks like he is getting close. :lol: ;)

Bill Gletsos
18-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I was initially opposed to Howard's ban from the Coffee Lounge, however, seeing the wonderfully entertaining way in which he has reacted, and the positive benefit (enjoyment wise) that I have derived from the excercise, I think a good case could be made for upping the bar to say, 400-500 posts... and then upping the bar further when it looks like he is getting close. :lol: ;)Or perhaps remove access to all those with less than say 800 posts.

Or should that be 8000. ;)

ElevatorEscapee
18-05-2006, 08:09 PM
:lol:
You'd only have yourself to argue with... at least you would be assured of always winning! :D ;)

Basil
18-05-2006, 09:16 PM
EE - whatever the squad do will be a blunder!

Actually, there is a caveat. One path is the perfect path that ties up all the loose ends and justice will have seen to be done.

Apart from whether the appropriate parties could bring themselves to do it, the real indictment is that they don't have the remotest clue what path that is.:hmm:

Don't tell anybody, but I prefer it like that [no doubt they do too];)

Basil
19-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Please elborate on "Killfile". I am not familiar with that vernacular.

With respect to the Squad recommendation; do you/ have you sought it? Or do you/ will you await it?H

Hi Barry

Walking away from the table & board doesn't mean the mating net doesn't exist:) Please answer my original when you get a moment.

Warm Regards
Howard

Kevin Bonham
19-05-2006, 11:22 AM
And I can't prove its bollocks either, however as the premise and the conclusion don't appear related, I would ask for some semblance of qualitative or quantitative research to back up what my brothers would classify as a 'pluck'.

All I'm saying is that you get fools (often of the very earnestly young left-wing variety; tryhard gothlings are also rather prone to it) saying words to the effect of "all our mob are original and creative thinkers and everyone else is a bot". In fact this just shows a limited ability to think outside the square and realise that just because a person disagrees, doesn't mean they're not original/creative/imaginative. Far from being an original or creative thinker themselves, the person uttering the mantra is falling into blind group supremacy nonsense.

A bit like the Monty Python "Yes we are all individuals" bit.

Igor_Goldenberg
19-05-2006, 12:39 PM
All I'm saying is that you get fools (often of the very earnestly young left-wing variety; tryhard gothlings are also rather prone to it) saying words to the effect of "all our mob are original and creative thinkers and everyone else is a bot". In fact this just shows a limited ability to think outside the square and realise that just because a person disagrees, doesn't mean they're not original/creative/imaginative. Far from being an original or creative thinker themselves, the person uttering the mantra is falling into blind group supremacy nonsense.

Ever wondered why are they on the left wing?

Bill Gletsos
19-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Ever wondered why are they on the left wing?Because the right wing wouldnt have them. ;)

Igor_Goldenberg
19-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Because the right wing wouldnt have them. ;)

That's not what I was getting at, but not bad either.:D

Basil
19-05-2006, 01:19 PM

I knew what you were saying. I just want to see the correlation. Now you don't have to supply the correlation, because the substitued prose was excellent :)

Basil
19-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Because the right wing wouldnt have them. ;)

Boom, boom! I like it. Bill, you're going to send me broke.

Basil
19-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Because it is closer to the heart. And it can protect the heart from rubber bullets.

That's awful AC!

I regret that I have to pay that too. Can't work out exactly why, but I think it might tie about 12 threads together.

Kevin Bonham
19-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I have recommended that the ban be lifted sometime within a specific time range (which I won't be stating publicly) provided Howard does not engage in any postwhoring sufficiently bad to require moderation before then. From my perspective any time I have to step in the clock resets to zero.

Basil
19-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I have recommended that the ban be lifted sometime within a specific time range (which I won't be stating publicly) provided Howard does not engage in any postwhoring sufficiently bad to require moderation before then. From my perspective any time I have to step in the clock resets to zero.

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin

I appreciate stating the length of sentence is best kept a secret, otherwise some people might inadvertently know what's going on - and I can see that could lead to all sorts of disasterous outcomes :)

I also appreciate that "post-whoring sufficiently bad to warrant stepping in" shouldn't be broadly quantified otherwise people may understand parameters, which I repeat is dangerous.

Much better for the entire process to be vague and variable at all times :)

Signed
W/O/S

Kevin Bonham
19-05-2006, 03:49 PM
I also appreciate that "post-whoring sufficiently bad to warrant stepping in" shouldn't be broadly quantified otherwise people may understand parameters, which I repeat is dangerous.

We would expect a poster to understand those parameters from experience of what of theirs we'd modded before.

Judging from your rapidly-deleted post in the PGN viewer thread, you either don't, or else really aren't that keen on getting in to the hallowed halls.

Bill Gletsos
19-05-2006, 03:52 PM
getting in to the hallowed halls.Or even the shallow halls. ;)

Basil
19-05-2006, 04:01 PM
We would expect a poster to understand those parameters from experience of what of theirs we'd modded before.

Oh no, you're getting serious on me Kevin. I'll play. I was banned for a 1/2 hour of madness. [I still get excited thinking about it - definitely a Kodak moment which I'll take to the grave:)]

I didn't appreciate it at the time, but I now understand that a dim view is taken of that. Not my style, for sure, but I respect it.

However, the rapidly deleted post is an entirely different and unrelated matter. It was a singular event with some distance between the occurances. If it were argued that the events were in fact identical, then i would suggest in the first instance:

- refer my shouts just now, and in the second instance, if you weren't persuaded, that
- we are in fact much further apart than I originally assessed.

Worse though is the complete absence of reasonable feedback. Managing people and situiations, in all their rich tapestries is indeed an art requiring a number of skills developed over time and experience.

Judging from your rapidly-deleted post in the PGN viewer thread, you ... aren't that keen on getting in to the hallowed halls.

Damn, you've winkled me. Its true I'm not keen, but that is no reason to withhold the option.

Bill Gletsos
19-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Oh no, you're getting serious on me Kevin. I'll play. I was banned for a 1/2 hour of madness. [I still get excited thinking about it - definitely a Kodak moment which I'll take to the grave:)]You must have some sort of time space distorion happening. :doh:
Your ban lasted around 5 mins.

Basil
19-05-2006, 04:21 PM
You must have some sort of time space distorion happening. :doh: Your ban lasted around 5 mins.

The short ban from the BB was excellent! Seeing that come up on screen as a life ban was also a Kodak moment.

I am referring to the ban from CL.

Bill Gletsos
19-05-2006, 04:24 PM
The short ban from the BB was excellent! Seeing that come up on screen as a life ban was also a Kodak moment.

I am referring to the ban from CL.Well there ya go. You need to be non ambiguous.

Basil
19-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Well there ya go. You need to be non ambiguous.

No. "ONE needs to be non ambiguous". The way you wrote it [in your quote above] implies that only Howard needs to be non ambiguous. This was not your intention.

I feel you need to be non ambiguous, Bill.

Bill Gletsos
19-05-2006, 04:30 PM
No. "ONE needs to be non ambiguous". The way you wrote it [in your quote above] implies that only Howard needs to be non ambiguous. This was not your intention.

I feel you need to be non ambiguous, Bill.Ah, grasshopper, my response was only directed to thee, hence the "You'.

Basil
19-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Your response was directed at me, but your meaning related to the world's need for unambiguity.

bergil
19-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Ah, grasshopper, my response was only directed to thee, hence the "You'.
:lol: :clap:

Bill Gletsos
19-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Your response was directed at me, but your meaning related to the world's need for unambiguity.I never commented on the world and my meaning was clear.

However that excuse is irrelevant as my reponse was directed to you and you alone. ;)

Kevin Bonham
19-05-2006, 05:10 PM
However, the rapidly deleted post is an entirely different and unrelated matter. It was a singular event with some distance between the occurances.

It doesn't matter. We don't tolerate rubbish posted for the sake of postcount boosting. Even one is one too many.

Basil
19-05-2006, 05:15 PM
It doesn't matter. We don't tolerate rubbish posted for the sake of postcount boosting. Even one is one too many.

Righto Kevin. That's understood. Nice and clear. Thanks.

ursogr8
19-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh no, you're getting serious on me Kevin. I'll play. I was banned for a 1/2 hour of madness. [I still get excited thinking about it - definitely a Kodak moment which I'll take to the grave:)]

I didn't appreciate it at the time, but I now understand that a dim view is taken of that. Not my style, for sure, but I respect it.

However, the rapidly deleted post is an entirely different and unrelated matter. It was a singular event with some distance between the occurances. If it were argued that the events were in fact identical, then i would suggest in the first instance:

- refer my shouts just now, and in the second instance, if you weren't persuaded, that
- we are in fact much further apart than I originally assessed.

Worse though is the complete absence of reasonable feedback. Managing people and situiations, in all their rich tapestries is indeed an art requiring a number of skills developed over time and experience.

Damn, you've winkled me. Its true I'm not keen, but that is no reason to withhold the option.

hi Howard,

Thanks for sharing your style of posts with us in negotiating with the baton holders.
Nobody has tried abject-appeasement before.

It appears to be very effective.

I just hope it is not contagious.

regards
starter

ps Can you give the score at regular intervals, thanks.

Basil
19-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Howard,
Thanks for sharing your style of posts with us in negotiating with the baton holders. Nobody has tried abject-appeasement before. It appears to be very effective.

Pleasure. You think this is good? Move to Queensland and see it IRL. It's a sight to behold.

Can you give the score at regular intervals, thanks.

Will do.

ursogr8
19-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Pleasure. You think this is good? Move to Queensland and see it IRL. It's a sight to behold.

Will do.

At the moment it looks like you are 0-3, but I await your official index.

Basil
20-05-2006, 12:30 AM
It doesn't matter. We don't tolerate rubbish posted for the sake of postcount boosting.

But you do tolerate rubbish, right? The evidence is overwhelming.

So, if I could prove to your satisfaction that the post was not for the purpose of 'postcount boosting', your position would collapse. Is that a fair assessment?

I ask the question to be polite, because the answer is an inductive certainty.

Kevin Bonham
20-05-2006, 12:34 PM
But you do tolerate rubbish, right?

Even there there are limits.

ElevatorEscapee
20-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, pictures of amusingly shaped vegetables are right out! :P

Basil
20-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Even there there are limits.

Aha. "Even there". As we both know "Even There" accepts the existence of the tolerance. So my position survives.

We both know that my position neither tangles with those limits of tolerance, nor remotely sets my behaviour outside those limits.

That said, I comfortably claim actual provable victory with my defence on the second posting; viz "I'd like to be a smilie".

----------------------

Trevor, you've asked for scoring updates.

There are many ways to score these things. I will still post quantitive scores, but for now, an esoteric scorecard looks like this.

Howard Duggan : Roaming around the tournament hall like a young god, chewing up all comers in a simul of the century.
Kevin Bonham : Quietly relegated to the analysis board, respectfully watching the 'new sensation' doing his stuff
Barry : In the courtyard of the tournament hall, steadfastly unwilling to come back in while his position is in tatters.
Bill Gletsos : As The Janitor, and possibly a late substitution considering putting down the mop and bucket and coming to assist. He knows the side's position is weak, but his predisposition for enjoying defending futile positions may be just the ticket.

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Aha. "Even there". As we both know "Even There" accepts the existence of the tolerance. So my position survives.

We both know that my position neither tangles with those limits of tolerance, nor remotely sets my behaviour outside those limits.But grasshopper, you are under the false impression that you get to determine the tolerance of the limits.
The reality is you dont.

That said, I comfortably claim actual provable victory with my defence on the second posting; viz "I'd like to be a smilie".

----------------------

Trevor, you've asked for scoring updates.

There are many ways to score these things. I will still post quantitive scores, but for now, an esoteric scorecard looks like this.

Howard Duggan : Roaming around the tournament hall like a young god, chewing up all comers in a simul of the century.Unfortunately the "young god" is getting hammered with the score "young god" 0 - Mod Squad 50

Kevin Bonham : Quietly relegated to the analysis board, respectfully watching the 'new sensation' doing his stuffThe "new Sensation" underestimates the skill of his opponents who had earlier determined from a close study of his style (and we use the term loosely ;)) that he suffers from the typical problem of misanalysing the position and what he believes to be a superior position is in fact losing.

Barry : In the courtyard of the tournament hall, steadfastly unwilling to come back in while his position is in tatters.Another failed analyse by the "new sensation" as he forgets that Barry is the building manager and has locked the "new sensation" out.

Bill Gletsos : As The Janitor, and possibly a late substitution considering putting down the mop and bucket and coming to assist. He knows the side's position is weak, but his predisposition for enjoying defending futile positions may be just the ticket.The Janitor (one of his volunteer jobs) finds that the Mop and Bucket needs to be used on post #90.
The new sensation again misanalyses the situation and fails to realise that the predisposition for defending futile positions is starters forte and goes hand in hand with his defence of dubious causes. ;)
However lastly and most importantly he forgets that the "Janitor" is on the appeals committee and has rejected his appeal.

Kevin Bonham
20-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Bill's comparison with starter is apt. It has occurred to me in the last few days that Howard is extremely starter-like in his devotion to the minute discussion of (often incorrectly) presumed meanings affecting issues of no real importance.

ursogr8
20-05-2006, 03:34 PM
starter, you've asked for scoring updates.

Howard Duggan : Roaming around the tournament hall like a young god, chewing up all comers in a simul of the century.
Kevin Bonham : Quietly relegated to the analysis board, respectfully watching the 'new sensation' doing his stuff
Barry : In the courtyard of the tournament hall, steadfastly unwilling to come back in while his position is in tatters.
Bill Gletsos : As The Janitor, and possibly a late substitution considering putting down the mop and bucket and coming to assist. He knows the side's position is weak, but his predisposition for enjoying defending futile positions may be just the ticket.

Howard
What you have posted is not a score up-date, but is in fact a match-report on the roles of the players.
A score update is something like 0-3, as I said before.
However, time has marched on, and I see you have scored a goal, as has Bill.
That makes my unofficial score, 1-4.
Your goal was an own goal by KB; his backpass into his own net with the lazy smear below is likely to see him dropped from the A squad.

You and I know that straight forward issues require almost no debate; whereas controversial issues require fine examination of the turn of almost every word. This is not appreciated by the black-or-white programmers and scientists among us who have had their faculties warped by an over-dose of a single career.

starter

Bill's comparison with starter is apt. It has occurred to me in the last few days that Howard is extremely starter-like in his devotion to the minute discussion of (often incorrectly) presumed meanings affecting issues of no real importance.

Kevin Bonham
20-05-2006, 03:53 PM
This is not appreciated by the black-or-white programmers and scientists among us who have had their faculties warped by an over-dose of a single career.

Trust me starter, I am at no present risk of an overdose of any career. Must be about time I posted that bit on the // Universe thread I threatened to.

ElevatorEscapee
20-05-2006, 03:57 PM
... It has occurred to me in the last few days that Howard is extremely starter-like in his devotion to the minute discussion of (often incorrectly) presumed meanings affecting issues of no real importance.

Of course, completely unlike «ÇËѧծËл. :P ;) :lol:

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Howard
What you have posted is not a score up-date, but is in fact a match-report on the roles of the players.
A score update is something like 0-3, as I said before.
However, time has marched on, and I see you have scored a goal, as has Bill.
That makes my unofficial score, 1-4.
Your goal was an own goal by KB; his backpass into his own net with the lazy smear below is likely to see him dropped from the A squad.No smear, just an accurate observation by KB.

You and I know that straight forward issues require almost no debate; whereas controversial issues require fine examination of the turn of almost every word. This is not appreciated by the black-or-white programmers and scientists among us who have had their faculties warped by an over-dose of a single career.There is a major difference between examining something and obfuscating dribble.

ursogr8
20-05-2006, 04:33 PM
There is a major difference between examining something and obfuscating dribble.

Looks to me that you want to split hairs about the meaning of some words. ;)

:hand:

starter

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Looks to me that you want to split hairs about the meaning of some words. ;) No doubt if I suggested you examine my meaning, I would be inundated with obfuscating dribble. :owned:

:hand:You wish, but it isnt going to happen. ;)

ursogr8
20-05-2006, 05:07 PM
No doubt if I suggested you examine my meaning, I would be inundated with obfuscating dribble. :owned:
You wish, but it isnt going to happen. ;)

Howard

You may want to tender Bill's post as an example.

starter

ElevatorEscapee
20-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Howard, if you were to be given access to the Coffee Lounge, can you promise that you would wear pants?

I know that it must seem like a silly question, but we have had some problems in the past with that infamous Box Hill identity, Mr Humphrey B. Bear. :confused:

Basil
20-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Ok Bots, nice to have you both back fighting as a unit - closer to even odds :) but all too late - the games are run and won.

There were 3 ISSUES / GAMES being played
GAME 1
Howard's fun - resulting in the restriction from CL. Goes down in the anals as the Mad 1/2 Hour. :)
GAME 2
The assessment / enquiry of the penalty imposed. Chief Duggan presiding.
GAME 3
A single post, some days later which was deleted. By Analysis Room Attendant

GAME 1
Was done and dusted on the night. It was a draw. I'm prepared to accept that the bots won if they claim it. Curious claim though. I was the only player and the bots are the referees. But if the refs want to win, so be it. I had a ball anyway.
That game finished on the night.

GAME 2
Was a bloodbath. I won 50-2. Bot-ulism all 'round. If you recall the Squad got two points in extra-time when Greg turned up. He didn't score goals, but I liked his style and awarded two goals anyway.
That game finished about 4 days ago.

GAME 3
Finished with my post #90 today. Kevin got squished with a QED. And I put up an esoteric scorecoard. I did leave a window open for the blundering dribbling Janitor! :)
At that point the score was 10-0 to me I scored in front of goal, off the backboards, between the legs, everywhere.

Anyway The Janitor turned up and managed to increase my score!

I picked up an extra goal with his first statement. By advising that I couldn't determine tolerances, he'd completely missed the point.
11-0

I picked up a goal with his second statement. The Janitor plucked victory out of thin air! Outrageous! Regardless of losing the first game 50-2, and being 10-zip down in the second, he gratuitously plucks 50 points for his own side that has failed to impress anybody throughout!
12-0

I pick up an extra 3 points for his remaining statements that defy repeating.
15-0

I pick up an extra point from the Analysis Room Attendant who chimed in with a 'play-the-man-and-not-the-ball' job, when he completely vacated the argument alltogether and likened my style to another player.
16-0

A further 10 points is awarded as witless pair together fall foul of all the crimes they have accused the BB of in the last few years; viz

- Obfuscating Dribbling
- Semantics
- Not staying on topic
- Insults
26-0

I pick up a further point when Bill takes his :drool: to the Shoutbox
I concede a point when I follow suit
27-1

I pick up a further point when the Janitor, utterly bereft of staying on topic, manages to re-state the penalty awarded in GAME 1 ! Stupefying!
28-1

All of the above is proven, written and valid. Sentence pending :)

ursogr8
20-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok Bots, nice to have you both back fighting as a unit - closer to even odds :) but all too late - the games are run and won.

GAME 1
Howard's fun - resulting in the restriction from CL. Goes down in the anals as the Mad 1/2 Hour. :)
GAME 2
GAME 3
A single post, some days later which was deleted. By Analysis Room Attendant

GAME 1
Was done and dusted on the night. It was a draw. I'm prepared to accept that the bots won if they claim it. Curious claim though. I was the only player and the bots are the referees. But if the refs want to win, so be it. I had a ball anyway.
That game finished on the night.

GAME 2
Was a bloodbath. I won 50-2. Bot-ulism all 'round. If you recall the Squad got two points in extra-time when Greg turned up. He didn't score goals, but I liked his style and awarded two goals anyway.
That game finished about 4 days ago.

GAME 3
Finished with my post #90 today. Kevin got squished with a QED. And I put up an esoteric scorecoard. I did leave a window open for the blundering dribbling Janitor! :)
At that point the score was 10-0 to me I scored in front of goal, off the backboards, between the legs, everywhere.

Anyway Bill turned up and managed to increase my score!

I picked up an extra goal with his first statement. By advising that I couldn't determine tolerances, he'd completely missed the point.
11-0

I picked up a goal with his second statement. The Janitor plucked victory out of thin air! Outrageous! Regardless of losing the first game 50-2, and being 10-zip down in the second, he gratuitously plucks 50 points for his own side that has failed to impress anybody throughout!
12-0

15-0

I pick up an extra point from the Analysis Room Attendant who chimed in with a 'play-the-man-and-not-the-ball' job, when he completely vacated the argument alltogether and likened my style to another player.

A further 10 points is awarded as witless pair together fall foul of all the crimes they have accused the BB of in the last few years; viz

- Obfuscating Dribbling
- Semantics
- Not staying on topic
- Insults
25-0

26-1

I pick up a further point when the Janitor, utterly bereft of staying on topic, manages to re-state the penalty awarded in GAME 1 ! Stupefying!
27-1

All of the above is proven, written and valid. Sentence pending :)

a/c

I think you need to consider this for classic stirs thread.

All looks rather sound, except for the fact that the writer of the above post seemed to have been sin-binned by ADMIN for x (totally unjustifiable) days, and did not fight the main game of immediate re-instatement.

starter

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Constant obfuscating dribble.

Alert, Mop and Bucket required

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Urgent request for Mop and Bucket order placed on ACME Inc and ship via DHL to ggrayggray for use as required. ;)

Basil
20-05-2006, 09:20 PM
the writer of the above post seemed to have been sin-binned by ADMIN for x (totally unjustifiable) days, and did not fight the main game

The 'main game' was built in to game 2. If you look back, I created a mating net, and I've not heard from him since. Prior to that we managed "plonk". I think we both knew the writing was on the wall then :)

Basil
20-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Urgent request for Mop and Bucket order placed on ACME Inc and ship via DHL to ggrayggray for use as required. ;)

LOL

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 09:21 PM

GAME 1
GAME 2
GAME 3
A single post, some days later which was deleted.

GAME 1
That game finished on the night.Yes and you clearly lost as you had a number of posts deleted and your access to the CL denied by the admin not the mods.

GAME 2
That game finished about 4 days ago.Yes, more posts were deleted that had been missed previously. You lost again as CL access was still denied.

GAME 3
At that point the score was 10-0 to me I scored in front of goal, off the backboards, between the legs, everywhere.You lost game #3 as soon as it started when you had a useless post deleted. Your access to the CL was still denied by the admin and I wouldn't be staying up tonight waiting for it if I were you.

Anyway Bill turned up and managed to increase my score!

11-0The only one missing the point was you. You dont get to pick the score.

12-0If you were winning you would have access to the CL by now. You dont. Oh BTW did I remind you not to wait up tonight.

15-0

- Obfuscating Dribbling
- Semantics
- Not staying on topic
- Insults
25-0

26-1

27-1

All of the above is proven, written and valid. Sentence pending :)Bottom line is your access to the CL is still denied by the admin.
Oh did I remind you not to wait up tonight.

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 09:22 PM
The 'main game' was built in to game 2. If you look back, I created a mating net, and I've not heard from him since. Prior to that we managed "plonk". I think we both knew the writing was on the wall then :)You self mated. Oh BTW did I remind you not to wait up tonight.

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 09:24 PM
a/c

I think you need to consider this for classic stirs thread.

All looks rather sound, except for the fact that the writer of the above post seemed to have been sin-binned by ADMIN for x (totally unjustifiable) days, and did not fight the main game of immediate re-instatement.

starterI can see I'm going to have to place another order for a Mop and Bucket with ACME and ship via DHL to GW for use as required.
Only difference is I'll need to order the Jumbo Bucket.

Basil
20-05-2006, 09:43 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bill Gletsos
20-05-2006, 09:49 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Yes, I can see you have been infected by the :drool: from contact with the Mexican.

Basil
20-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Yes and you clearly lost as you had a number of posts deleted and your access to the CL denied by the admin not the mods. OK, the REF SQUAD IS claiming GAME 1.

You lost again as CL access was still denied.
Bill, you've finished the mating net dummy. This is where I was leading Baz by the hand. When he saw the writing he ran!:doh: The point. Your blundering team isn't meant to fess up to extending the restriction for reasons other than spamming. You see? Tap tap. Hello!

I spammed = me banned /restricted
In every other case I can determine, a first timer like me would have been told: You're in the can for a week. Don't do it again.
It'd be called natural justice, or similar

When I asked Baz for a timeframe, he obfuscated
When I asked questions, he ran

What's happening here is that the restriction has been extended for other reasons, which he can't tell me else confessing to being outplayed by a guru, and I can't tell you here - have to wait until I get access to CL - and let me tell you, that will be FUN!

You lost game #3 as soon as it started when you had a useless post deleted.
Bill either you understand my argument and you're :drool: or you don't understand GAME 3, and I have to re-asses my estimation of your reasoning capabilities.

Your access to the CL was still denied by the admin Do you respect your admin? I have a feeling you and Kevin have a slightly uneasy feeling about all of this.

If you were winning you would have access to the CL by now.
Bill, by not getting access, I am extending my lead. Come with me into the real world - and you'll see why.

Bottom line is your access to the CL is still denied by the admin.
Definitely that is the bottom line - and you fail to see how that weakens your position.

ElevatorEscapee
21-05-2006, 12:00 AM
What's happening here is that the restriction has been extended for other reasons, which he can't tell me else confessing to being outplayed by a guru...

That's the second mention of The Toothpick today... I cannot quite work out what he has to do with things! :confused:

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 12:11 AM
OK, the REF SQUAD IS claiming GAME 1.And 2 and 3.

Bill, you've finished the mating net dummy. This is where I was leading Baz by the hand. When he saw the writing he ran!:doh: The point. Your blundering team isn't meant to fess up to extending the restriction for reasons other than spamming. You see? Tap tap. Hello!

I spammed = me banned /restricted
In every other case I can determine, a first timer like me would have been told: You're in the can for a week. Don't do it again.
It'd be called natural justice, or similarThere you go making false assumptions again.
You assume your ban was only for a week. It wasnt.
You assume its been extended, it hasnt. It just hasnt been shortened.

When I asked Baz for a timeframe, he obfuscated
When I asked questions, he ranNo he declined to answer. You then obfuscated and he could no longer be bothered and put you on ignore. As such he cannot see your subsequent :drool:.

What's happening here is that the restriction has been extended for other reasons, which he can't tell me else confessing to being outplayed by a guru, and I can't tell you here - have to wait until I get access to CL - and let me tell you, that will be FUN!You were warned against spamming. Your "I'd like to be a xxxx, one day" posts were all deleted in the initial purge yet you saw fit to repeat it.

Bill either you understand my argument and you're :drool: or you don't understand GAME 3, and I have to re-asses my estimation of your reasoning capabilities.Your deluding yourself.

Do you respect your admin? I have a feeling you and Kevin have a slightly uneasy feeling about all of this.Then you would be wrong.

Bill, by not getting access, I am extending my lead. Come with me into the real world - and you'll see why.In the real world access to the CL is a bonus not a right.

Definitely that is the bottom line - and you fail to see how that weakens your position.No, you fail to see how access to the CL is not a right.

Basil
21-05-2006, 12:13 AM
OK Bill. I'll go with your versions.

Basil
21-05-2006, 12:17 AM
So Bill, now you're feeling chatty, are you prepared to talk about what you feel is an appropriate restriction for my 1/2 fun?

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 12:20 AM
So Bill, now you're feeling chatty, are you prepared to talk about what you feel is an appropriate restriction for my 1/2 fun?Nope, that is a decison for the admin.

Basil
21-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Nope, that is a decison for the admin.

Oops! Slipped again. Baz was only just telling me before he ran that he passed the decision regarding the length to Mods.

This is too easy.

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Oops! Slipped again. Baz was only just telling me before he ran that he passed the decision regarding the length to Mods.I can see no PM or post where he states that.

Basil
21-05-2006, 12:30 AM
I can see no PM or post where he states that.

Post #54 AKA His Last Post

Doh

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Post #54 AKA His Last Post

DohThen I would suggest you are taking his quote out of context.

On post #54 he said:

I prefer to review the situation on a periodic basis without setting a target number of posts because that was the arbitrary post target which created the situation in the first place.Thats sure sounds like he hasnt decided when to lift it.

As you have hit my killfile I will rely on the recommendation of the mods as to whether the CL ban should be lifted or remain in force.All that says is that since he has you on ignore he cannot tell if you are behaving or not. As such he will needs the modfs to inform him about ypour behaviour.

The final decision whether the ban is lifted undoubtedly rests with him.

Rincewind
21-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Thats sure sounds like he hasnt decided when to lift it.
All that says is that since he has you on ignore he cannot tell if you are behaving or not. As such he will needs the modfs to inform him about ypour behaviour.

Bill is right and it appears Howard is quoting me out of context, or rather, paraphrasing me out of context. The issue is that I have adopted a policy over the past month or so of ignoring posters with a high trolling factor. So far A/C and H/D are both in that category. So I am relying on the mods to inform me of you posting behaviour.

I have discussed with the other mods what would be an appropriate schedule for reviewing the access but there has not been any delegation. In fact, I don't believe the mods have the access to enforce of lift a ban of this type so ultimately it will be stml or I who actually lifts the ban, if and when that day arrives.

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 09:22 AM
So Bill, now you're feeling chatty, are you prepared to talk about what you feel is an appropriate restriction for my 1/2 fun?

hi Howard,
You are doing particularly well at an old game.

But, mate, appealing to appropriateness went out with
> the drop kick in AFL,
> respect for the REF in Soccer, and
> a competitive put-in in NRL.
No-one has seen appropriateness as a factor in the game, for yonks. It is a concept belonging to the previous century.

What you could benefit from is a short discussion with an Army Training Sergeant.
With a new squad, the Sarge picks on some-one ...just to make an example of them. To cower the rest in case they get rebellious ideas.
And, who does he make an example of? Why of course, the cadet who will make the most noise. Then, their message gets out far and wide.

When will your ban be lifted?
This is an easy question...when Matt returns. He makes much more noise than you.

I was going to sign-off as, appropriately yours but I stopped using that in the 20th Century.

starter

Rincewind
21-05-2006, 10:14 AM
When will your ban be lifted?
This is an easy question...when Matt returns. He makes much more noise than you.

Matt's ban is totally not related. Though enough of the wrong kind of noise from any poster could lead to that account being (re-)ban.

Remember it is the type of Matt's noise and not its quantity which gets him into trouble.

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Matt's ban is totally not related. Though enough of the wrong kind of noise from any poster could lead to that account being (re-)ban.

Remember it is the type of Matt's noise and not its quantity which gets him into trouble.

Yes, Sarge

:silenced:

starter

Rincewind
21-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Yes, Sarge

You don't want me to start referring to you are Sad Sack, do you? ;)

Basil
21-05-2006, 02:20 PM
HI TREVOR

No-one has seen appropriateness as a factor in the game, for yonks. It'll come back. I'll do it myself. Cream always rises to the top.

With a new squad, the Sarge picks on some-one ...just to make an example of them.
An old and easy trick, particularly from those who lack the skills to do it the right way. Still not entirely convinced that's what's at play here. Close relation, perhaps.

And, who does he make an example of? Why of course, the cadet who will make the most noise. Then, their message gets out far and wide.
If true, its not a case of 'most noise', probably more like bigger threat to the status quo.

Basil
21-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Bill & Barry

What a load of disgraceful poppycock. Bill has taken a very clear statement from Barry, and turned it into something else to cover his blooper. Then you have the hide to say that I have him out of context. Let's have a close look.

Pretty straight forward stuff. Barry will rely on the mods as to when the ban should be lifted.

But then this from the Janitor

All that says is that since he has you on ignore he cannot tell if you are behaving or not. As such he will needs the mods to inform him about ypour behaviour.

Bill, you're a bloody disgrace and this is why you raise the ire of the posters.

Barry, your legacy is that you
1. overeacted like a humourless Mr Blobby.
2. Failed to put a time frame on the ban for a first time offence - disgrace.
3. Failed to tell me why I hit your kill file.
4. Had the hide to stop posting 'because you couldn't be bothered' - you were backed into a corner you little boob.
5. Your last post, "if and when that day arrives". What the hell is that? Are you seriously holding yourself out as the leader of this board?

Take it from me; - a man with more life experience in my little finger than you will ever have - you are a little, insignificant man, with absoultely no idea about very much when it comes to dealing with people. A Right Boob.

I'm sorry, but Bill and Kevin, you should hang your heads in shame following this limited and sheltered excuse for a leader.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Bill & Barry

What a load of disgraceful poppycock. Bill has taken a very clear statement from Barry, and turned it into something else to cover his blooper. Then you have the hide to say that I have him out of context. Let's have a close look.

Pretty straight forward stuff. Barry will rely on the mods as to when the ban should be lifted.

But then this from the Janitor

Bill, you're a bloody disgrace and this is why you raise the ire of the posters.

Barry, your legacy is that you
1. overeacted like a humourless Mr Blobby.
2. Failed to put a time frame on the ban for a first time offence - disgrace.
3. Failed to tell me why I hit your kill file.
4. Had the hide to stop posting 'because you couldn't be bothered' - you were backed into a corner you little boob.
5. Your last post, "if and when that day arrives". What the hell is that? Are you seriously holding yourself out as the leader of this board?

Take it from me; - a man with more life experience in my little finger than you will ever have - you are a little, insignificant man, with absoultely no idea about very much when it comes to dealing with people. A Right Boob.

I'm sorry, but Bill and Kevin, you should hang your heads in shame following this limited and sheltered excuse for a leader.
HD-IF YOU HADNT ABUSED YOUR POSTING PRIVELAGES,BY SWAMPING THIS BB WITH GARBAGE, THIS WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE!- STOP OBFUSCATING! AND IF YOU THINK BILL IS DOING SUCH A BAD JOB , EITHER 1)APPLY FOR THE JOB YOURSELF OR 2) TRY AND FRAME YOUR COMPLAINTS IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER.

Basil
21-05-2006, 03:05 PM
HD-IF YOU HADNT ABUSED YOUR POSTING PRIVELAGES,BY SWAMPING THIS BB WITH GARBAGE, THIS WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE!- STOP OBFUSCATING! AND IF YOU THINK BILL IS DOING SUCH A BAD JOB , EITHER 1)APPLY FOR THE JOB YOURSELF OR 2) TRY AND FRAME YOUR COMPLAINTS IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER.

Hi Ax

You've missed the point. I agree that I shoudn't have abused the privileges. I agree that a restriction could have been imposed. I said that much on the night and subsequently. So, please get over that one.

This is about the manner in which the leaders deal with complaints and show transparency in their dealings. They have failed to do so.

Which part of my post did you feel was disrespectful, when respect was due? Regarding levels of respect, I have taken my lead from what Bill and Barry have dished out to others. I have not overstepped any of their marks, in fact I have made a point of falling short of them.

From what I can gather, and I may be wrong, there have been a number of talented and balanced people on this BB who have left in disgust over this style of heavy-handedness.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi Ax

You've missed the point. I agree that I shoudn't have abused the privileges. I agree that a restriction could have been imposed. I said that much on the night and subsequently. So, please get over that one.

This is about the manner in which the leaders deal with complaints and show transparency in their dealings. They have failed to do so.

Which part of my post did you feel was disrespectful, when respect was due?

From what I can gather, and I may be wrong, there have been a number of talented and balanced people on this BB who have left in disgust over this style of heavy-handedness.
OK, So our leaders dont handle disputes perfectly,which leaders do?, i and most others have never had the slightest problem...ppl seem to forget these are unpaid volunteers ,doing their best under a barrage flack,providing this very facility in the first place!......you admit you were primarily in the wrong,so your complaints seem somewhat disproportionate...........disrespect-use of the term "boob".......the ppl that have left, have simply voted with their feet,the market will decide.

Basil
21-05-2006, 04:04 PM
OK, So our leaders dont handle disputes perfectly,which leaders do?, i and most others have never had the slightest problem...ppl seem to forget these are unpaid volunteers ,doing their best under a barrage flack,providing this very facility in the first place!......you admit you were primarily in the wrong,so your complaints seem somewhat disproportionate...........disrespect-use of the term "boob".......the ppl that have left, have simply voted with their feet,the market will decide.

Ax
Perfect
Agreed, no-one is perfect. There is all the difference in the world between not being perfect and vacating one's duties, or as I assert, simply not up to the job.
Volunteer
Don't advise me on volunteering, either in the chess world, or otherwise.
Flack
They received no flack from me when they were executing their duties. Only when they vacated them.
Boob
You object to my calling them a boob? Wake up, take the glasses off and have a look at what they dished out to people. Look up disingenuous while you're at it.
Market Place
Agreed. That's exactly what has happened. I am merely pointing out the calibre of the people who are voting with their feet. Tap tap.

Kevin Bonham
21-05-2006, 04:06 PM

Barry said "whether", not "when".

I totally endorse Barry's action in this matter. Anyone who floods the board with nonsense posts to try to get in the Coffee Lounge should consider themselves lucky to have escaped suspension from the board, even for a first offence, and should not expect too much by way of information on when they will be let in to the Lounge. Others must be deterred from taking the same approach, and besides, it was quite a deal of work for us to clean all of that up.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Ax
Perfect
Agreed, no-one is perfect. There is all the difference in the world between not being perfect and vacating one's duties, or as I assert, simply not up to the job.you admit the initial crime, so your post complaints lack obviously the credibility required to support your assertion

Volunteer
Don't advise me on volunteering, either in the chess world, or otherwise.
thus no problem empathising

Flack
They received no flack from me when they were executing their duties. Only when they vacated them. just make sure the flack is thrown from firm ground

Boob
You object to my calling them a boob? Wake up, take the glasses off and have a look at what they dished out to people. Look up disingenuous while you're at it. see above

Market Place
Agreed. That's exactly what has happened. I am merely pointing out the calibre of the people who are voting with their feet. Tap tap.

are you of the same calibre?

Basil
21-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks Kevin

Whether/ when
OK, switch the two words. My secondary point is exactly the same. I sought information from Barry regarding the process. IE Did he have a time frame, and similar. Within the frame of his answer he advised that
a) I was on his kill file
b) He would rely on the mods as to 'whether' the ban should be lifted

Last night, Bill advised it was not a mod decision - it was an Admin decision

I pointed out that that the Admin had killfiled me and he would seek direction from the Mods as to whether the ban should be lifted.

Endorsing Barry's actions
Kevin, why is this point so difficult for everyone? I too am happy enough with Barry's actions - I said so on the night. I said so subsequently. I said so a few posts ago. Barry's action was fine. That has been done to death, OK? I appreciate the clean up time. I appreciate the need to manage flouters. Its all good.

I am talking about the process afterwards. Someone in my position is entitled:

- To know who will review the situation. Not the duckshoving rubbish we've just had.
- To know when the situation will be reviewed.
- To know on what basis the situation will be reviewed.

Crikey, you lot are protecting rights like the crown jewels. I appreciate that some circumstances may be fluid, and that not situations are absolute. But in this case from a first time offender, and for an offence that can we say is moderate [neither minor, nor outrageous], surely the remotest guidelines to resolution could have been forthcoming - not this

we'll see, you guess, you're on a killfile, it maihght be me, it might be Bill rubbish that has been served up.

I am talking about Process and Transparency.

Dozy
21-05-2006, 04:49 PM
The unfortunate part about this discussion is that the goal isn't worth achieving in the first place.

Probably anybody who was expecting something unique in the CL has been disappointed. It's pretty much like the rest of the BB with four letter words allowed.

Of course, Belthasar's unique contribution isn't available anywhere else so there are some rewards...

If this was a democracy I'd vote to let HD in. Sure, the early posts were irritating but most of the later ones have been like a breath of fresh air. We need individuals and personalities or the BB is inevitably going to drown in a pool of stodge.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 04:55 PM
The unfortunate part about this discussion is that the goal isn't worth achieving in the first place.

Probably anybody who was expecting something unique in the CL has been disappointed. It's pretty much like the rest of the BB with four letter words allowed.

Of course, Belthasar's unique contribution isn't available anywhere else so there are some rewards...

If this was a democracy I'd vote to let HD in. Sure, the early posts were irritating but most of the later ones have been like a breath of fresh air. We need individuals and personalities or the BB is inevitably going to drown in a pool of stodge.
i agree,the CL itself is no big deal,but if youre worried about stodge,then hd provided it by the truck load, the stench of stodge allowed little for the breath of fresh air

Basil
21-05-2006, 04:56 PM
you admit the initial crime, so your post complaints lack obviously the credibility required to support your assertion

Just so I understand, your point is that because I offended, I can't claim any credibility when I ask question the transparency of the review process?

Basil
21-05-2006, 04:57 PM

Thanks Dozy, but this isn't about my wanting CL Access. Its about taking a stand against poor decisions.

Basil
21-05-2006, 04:58 PM
i agree,the CL itself is no big deal,but if youre worried about stodge,then hd provided it by the truck load, the stench of stodge allowed little for the breath of fresh air

Ax

Do you know what you are talking about?

Please confirm you do by telling us your version of what I posted. Just approximations of how many posts and where they were located would be fine, thanks.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Just so I understand, your point is that because I offended, I can't claim any credibility when I ask question the transparency of the review process?
CORRECT....it needs to be an independant view..you in effect, need a lawyer!.....however i would applaud you questioning the transparancy of our political system

Axiom
21-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Ax

Do you know what you are talking about?

Please confirm you do by telling us your version of what I posted. Just approximations of how many posts and where they were located would be fine, thanks.
peruse the archives and survey bb'ers

Basil
21-05-2006, 05:12 PM
CORRECT....it needs to be an independant view..you in effect, need a lawyer!.....however i would applaud you questioning the transparancy of our political system

Ok Thanks for conceding that much. Next is are you prepared to make the jump that I don't need a lawyer, because this is not about me and my access to CL - it happens to be the test case.

The issue I am trying to raise on behalf of all those before me is the process itself.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Ok Thanks for conceding that much. Next is are you prepared to make the jump that I don't need a lawyer, because this is not about me and my access to CL - it happens to be the test case.

The issue I am trying to raise on behalf of all those before me is the process itself.i would then say, choose a weightier example to amplify your case against the process, such a trivial case(with dubious credibility) lacks the sufficient gravity to adequately make your point

Basil
21-05-2006, 05:27 PM
peruse the archives and survey bb'ers

Let me save you the trouble.

I started a thread called "I want CL Access". It was a joke. I needed about 20 posts. I was counting down the posts within that thread. I was asking when the mods would crush it/ me.

There was fun in the Shoutbox - its what a BB should be about.

Bill was on duty and watching this all happen - and because he has a job to do, he rightly squished me and the thread as soon as I hit 200. All fun. Nothing malicious.

Kevin killed the entire thread with a keystroke.

I then came back and posted 5 other silly posts in other threads. A thread was entitled Grpahics Cards - so I posted "I want to be a graphics card". I did similar with a NSW tournement thread - "I want to be a NSW tournament".

The vast majority of members at the time thought it was funny. From memory, two of the 5 posts were classified as "gold".

However, as we have found out - the mods didn't think it fun and I accept that. I also accepted the restriction from CL.

But an open-ended ban with no right for a timeframe - c'mon!

Axiom
21-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Let me save you the trouble.

I started a thread called "I want CL Access". It was a joke. I needed about 20 posts. I was counting down the posts within that thread. I was asking when the mods would crush it/ me.

There was fun in the Shoutbox - its what a BB should be about.

Bill was on duty and watching this all happen - and because he has a job to do, he rightly squished me and the thread as soon as I hit 200. All fun. Nothing malicious.

Kevin killed the entire thread with a keystroke.

I then came back and posted 5 other silly posts in other threads. A thread was entitled Grpahics Cards - so I posted "I want to be a graphics card". I did similar with a NSW tournement thread - "I want to be a NSW tournament".

The vast majority of members at the time thought it was funny. From memory, two of the 5 posts were classified as "gold".

However, as we have found out - the mods didn't think it fun and I accept that. I also accepted the restriction from CL.

But an open-ended ban with no right for a timeframe - c'mon!
ok, so you were kidding around,fine, no problem, ..did you consider that the "open ended ban" might have been just kidding around too?

Basil
21-05-2006, 05:54 PM
ok, so you were kidding around,fine, no problem, ..did you consider that the "open ended ban" might have been just kidding around too?
Can't say I considered it. But it has since been made abundantly clear, as you will have read from the dialogue, that there is absolutely no kidding from the Squad on this issue.

As I have said, I am happy to agree to differ with them on whether the restriction should have been placed - they ARE charged with modding this board, and I respect that, and IT IS their call, not mine.

It is the JURISPRUDENCE PROCESS with which I take isuue.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Can't say I considered it. But it has since been made abundantly clear, as you will have read from the dialogue, that there is absolutely no kidding from the Squad on this issue.

As I have said, I am happy to agree to differ with them on whether the restriction should have been placed - they ARE charged with modding this board, and I respect that, and IT IS their call, not mine.

It is the JURISPRUDENCE PROCESS with which I take isuue.
but isnt it like trying to argue whether an executee,should be given lethal injectionA or lethal injectionB along with a percieved appeal process?

Basil
21-05-2006, 06:23 PM
but isnt it like trying to argue whether an executee,should be given lethal injectionA or lethal injectionB along with a percieved appeal process?

No, its like saying to an executee, we going to kill you, but we just won't tell you when! and if you have a right to a lesser sentence, we won't tell you that either. :hmm:

Axiom
21-05-2006, 06:27 PM
No, its like saying to an executee, we going to kill you, but we just won't tell you when! and if you have a right to a lesser sentence, we won't tell you that either. :hmm:
BUT THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO AN EXECUTEE!!

Basil
21-05-2006, 06:31 PM
No it isn't.

They know who the judge is.
They kknow who the appeals judge is.
They know when the appeal is being heard.
They know when the clemency calls are being made.
And finally, they kknow the date of the big BANG.

Jurisprudence follows this course because to do otherwise, is called cruel and unusual.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 07:01 PM
No it isn't.

They know who the judge is.
They kknow who the appeals judge is.
They know when the appeal is being heard.
They know when the clemency calls are being made.
And finally, they kknow the date of the big BANG.

Jurisprudence follows this course because to do otherwise, is called cruel and unusual.
YES, ALL THAT HAPPENS EVENTUALLY, JUST AS IT DID WITH YOU!

Basil
21-05-2006, 09:31 PM
No!

A poxy message - "HD restriction on CL now lifted, followed by some sanctimonious rider" will be posted.

Kevin Bonham
21-05-2006, 09:47 PM
I am talking about the process afterwards. Someone in my position is entitled:

No you're not. The issue in question here is your right to access a private bonus area created by the site owner and not controlled by any agreement with anyone. As such you have no entitlements of the sort you discuss at all.

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 10:29 PM
No you're not. The issue in question here is your right to access a private bonus area created by the site owner and not controlled by any agreement with anyone. As such you have no entitlements of the sort you discuss at all.

Howard

Can you advise if the entitlements to reasonableness and appropriateness have appeared in any of your many posts?

regards
starter

Axiom
21-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Howard

Can you advise if the entitlements to reasonableness and appropriateness have appeared in any of your many posts?

regards
starter starter you need to read my posts re hd, the principle applies to you as well! stop whining! and get a grip of reality, including the concept of context and proportion!..........what in 25 words or less is actually your cause for concern?(keeping in mind onus of responsibility)

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 10:49 PM
starter you need to read my posts re hd, the principle applies to you as well! stop whining! and get a grip of reality, including the concept of context and proportion!..........what in 25 words or less is actually your cause for concern?(keeping in mind onus of responsibility)

hi Axiom (2)

If you can't stand the tension (7)
of a close examination of a thread (8)
then put me on IGNORE. (5)

regards
starter
(2)

;)

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 11:07 PM
hi Axiom (2)

regards
starter
(2)

;)That should be (6) not (7) and (7) not (8).

Looks like instead of your sig saying:
If you can't measure it,
you can't improve it.
it should say:
It doesnt matter if you cant measure it,
because I can't count.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 11:19 PM
hi Axiom (2)

regards
starter
(2)

;)"close examination"??!?, more like close neurosis,why the constant need to whine and bicker?..pick on an authority figure thats at least getting paid to do his job , for a start!.......its way to easy to look downwards to kick, but tilting ones head upwards to attack the big corruption seems all too hard...........bullying is attacking the easy target,..the irony here is most of the bullying is coming from the non-authority sector!

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 11:21 PM
hi Axiom (2)

regards
starter
(2)

;)Translation:

hi Axiom (2)

If you can't stand the rubbish (6)
of me and my mates obfuscating dribble in threads (9)
then dont read our posts. (5)

regards, (1)
:drool:

;)

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 11:23 PM
That should be (6) not (7) and (7) not (8).

Looks like instead of your sig saying:
If you can't measure it,
you can't improve it.
it should say:
It doesnt matter if you cant measure it,
because I can't count.

:D
:eek:

Now listen Bill, if I reply here, will you take it in the right spirit?

Is that a YES?

can't = 2

You and I had an agreement not to chip each other about spelling errors.
Right?

Agreed?

No going back now.
Confirm?

Well, I left a word out...that is a spelling mistake, of total proportions.
That is how the typed version differs from the virtual version, which is the one I counted.

:uhoh:

Btw Bill, have you counted Axiom's posts (to Howard) to see if he stayed within the 25 word limit?

regards
starter

ps
Or, did you just count mine?

Irresistable innit.

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 11:26 PM
:D
:eek:

Now listen Bill, if I reply here, will you take it in the right spirit?

Is that a YES?

can't = 2

You and I had an agreement not to chip each other about spelling errors.
Right?

Agreed?

No going back now.
Confirm?

Well, I left a word out...that is a spelling mistake, of total proportions.
That is how the typed version differs from the virtual version, which is the one I counted.

:uhoh:

Btw Bill, have you counted Axiom's posts (to Howard) to see if he stayed within the 25 word limit?

regards
starter

ps
Or, did you just count mine?

Irresistable innit.

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 11:29 PM
"close examination"??!?, more like close neurosis,why the constant need to whine and bicker?..pick on an authority figure thats at least getting paid to do his job , for a start!.......its way to easy to look downwards to kick, but tilting ones head upwards to attack the big corruption seems all too hard...........bullying is attacking the easy target,..the irony here is most of the bullying is coming from the non-authority sector!

Sorry mate

Put me on IGNORE.

With all the self-improvement Bill has put into me with his corrective posts over a few years I just don't measure up to the standard you expect of me. I think the change you require is beyond me. :P

You will feel better in the morning. ;)

regards
starter

Axiom
21-05-2006, 11:30 PM

bill, once that joke is in the context of such gravitas, it really is quite amusing

Axiom
21-05-2006, 11:31 PM
bill, once that joke is in the context of such gravitas, it really is quite amusing..AND I KNOW, ITS ALL IN THE TIMING..

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Translation:

hi Axiom (2)

If you can't stand the rubbish (6)
of me and my mates obfuscating dribble in threads (9)
then dont read our posts. (5)

regards, (1)
:drool:

;)

Yeh, thanks Bill.
Maybe Axiom understands the Welsher vernacular. ;)

Axiom
21-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Sorry mate

Put me on IGNORE.

With all the self-improvement Bill has put into me with his corrective posts over a few years I just don't measure up to the standard you expect of me. I think the change you require is beyond me. :P

You will feel better in the morning. ;)

regards
starter STARTER, SERIOUSLY, THERE ARE A SQUILLION THINGS U CAN TALK ABOUT HERE, QUESTION YOUR FIXATION ON THE WINDMILLS, LOOK AT PROPORTION,BIG PICTURE,CONTEXT

Bill Gletsos
21-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeh, thanks Bill.
Maybe Axiom understands the Welsher vernacular. ;)I thought he was one of your mob.
However he clearly can recognise :drool:.

Axiom
21-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Starter, I Just Ask One Thing, Remember That This Bb Is Owned By Admin/mods, If U Dont Like It Put The Bb On Ignore,ie.leave, Its Just An Obsessional Fixation Thing, Just Misdirected, Due To Context

ursogr8
21-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I thought he was one of your mob.
However he clearly can recognise.

ps

I thought he was one of your mob.
However he clearly can recognise . :wall:

We don't mob down here Bill.
We assemble. ;)

ursogr8
22-05-2006, 12:01 AM

Howard

regards
starter

ps Or have you restricted your argument to legalistic entitlements

Basil
22-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Ax are you still posting here?

I thought you had revised your position so many times, you would have given up trying to look like you're across the issues.

Your point about "stodge" was blown out of the water - you didn't know what you were talking about. Does that mean you lack credibility? If so, you'll have to stop posting by your own argument.

Now please stop reducing a thread awhich should approximate middle to upper management stuff down to a year one university jaunt where we're all expirimenting with life and our minds.

I know its terribly exciting for you, but you are obfuscating the real issues I wish to raise, which as it appears certain has escaped you, is for your benefit.

Axiom
22-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Ax are you still posting here?

I thought you had revised your position so many times, you would have given up trying to look like you're across the issues.

Your point about "stodge" was blown out of the water - you didn't know what you were talking about. Does that mean you lack credibility? If so, you'll have to stop posting by your own argument.

Now please stop reducing a thread awhich should approximate middle to upper management stuff down to a year one university jaunt where we're all expirimenting with life and our minds.

I know its terribly exciting for you, but you are obfuscating the real issues I wish to raise, which as it appears certain has escaped you, is for your benefit.REAL ISSUES- LOL...ACCESS PROCESS TO THE CL !? ..YOU ARE JOKING OF COURSE

Basil
22-05-2006, 12:25 AM

Kevin

You have said that people in my position are not entitled to the processes which I claim. You qualify your position by saying its a special area and falls under different auspices.

More poppycock defending the indefensible.

Firstly, the whole board is privately owned. Therefore claiming private ownership for a part of the board is terminally unsound.

Second, your paraphrasing of my position is inaccurate. You have said that the issue in question is my right to access an area.

Allow me to correct you on what my position is. It is after all my position.
I have never said that this is about any right I have to access anywhere. Please don't put words in my mouth.

My position is that we should be permitted the trancparencies I seek. You say I am not entitled to those transparencies because of the private ownership of the area in question. We have just established the ownership of that area to be irrelevent. Yet, again, your position is circular.

Interestingly enough, because the entire BB is privately owned, none of the rights I seek are enforceable or anything approaching. This is something I raised as a side issue some days ago.

Basil
22-05-2006, 12:27 AM
REAL ISSUES- LOL...ACCESS PROCESS TO THE CL !? ..YOU ARE JOKING OF COURSE

Axiom, are you dense?

This is not about the right to access the CL. Its about process and transparency. Please go away. Your lack of grasp is annoying everyone, including me - and that takes a lot of doing.

Axiom
22-05-2006, 12:29 AM
REAL ISSUES- LOL...ACCESS PROCESS TO THE CL !? ..YOU ARE JOKING OF COURSE
whose dense? reread i said access PROCESS!!!!!!!

Axiom
22-05-2006, 12:30 AM
This Would Have To Be The Dumbest Test Case You Could Possibly Investigate, Given The Foundational Facts

Basil
22-05-2006, 12:34 AM
This Would Have To Be The Dumbest Test Case You Could Possibly Investigate, Given The Foundational Facts

Not the process to gain access - due process, generally. Please stop wasting my time. You've made your point now go away.

Kevin Bonham
22-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Sheesh, this thread is just one big AMABR. Or as we used to call it, goosefest. :rolleyes:

You have said that people in my position are not entitled to the processes which I claim. You qualify your position by saying its a special area and falls under different auspices.

More poppycock defending the indefensible.

Firstly, the whole board is privately owned. Therefore claiming private ownership for a part of the board is terminally unsound.

Well actually that would again mean I was simply needlessly restricting a sound claim. As you would have noticed by now the mods have made considerable efforts to inform posters of standards applying in general board moderation - I was just making clear why none of that applies to anything to do with the Lounge. There is some difference in approach to be expected on account of the rest of the board being covered by agreements between the site owner and the ACF BB (rest its soul) mods but the CL being a completely private addition.

Second, your paraphrasing of my position is inaccurate. You have said that the issue in question is my right to access an area.

The issue in question is your right to access that area and everything to do with the processing of that right - including the latter changes nothing.

My position is that we should be permitted the trancparencies I seek.

It is am ambit claim with no particular merit. :P

Yet, again, your position is circular.

Yet again you don't understand what "circular" means.

Axiom
22-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Not the process to gain access - due process, generally. Please stop wasting my time. You've made your point now go away.
So now its "generally"!??, what happened to the test case??, youre trying to argue general due process from a specific case, which is riddled with flaws.....am i right kb?

Basil
22-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Axiom, please go away.

Due procees in general. I am saying its lacking here. Kevin says its not relevent here.

If I were to say you were out of your depth, you'd be offended. You're out of your depth.

Now at least you're trying to think in straight lines, go back and have a look at your posts on page 9 and 10 and see how wildly you have run around the park on this one.

Axiom
22-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Axiom, please go away.

Due procees in general. I am saying its lacking here. Kevin says its not relevent here.

If I were to say you were out of your depth, you'd be offended. You're out of your depth.

Now at least you trying to think in straight lines, go back and have a look at you posts on page 9 and 10 and see how wildly you have run around the park on this one.
kevin is right , its just not an issue here,breaking of bb rules will result in sanctions, and no debate need be entered into, its like the rules of a private club

Basil
22-05-2006, 12:59 AM
kevin is right , its just not an issue here,breaking of bb rules will result in sanctions, and no debate need be entered into, its like the rules of a private club

You'll forgive me for not replying to any more of your eeer logic.

Axiom
22-05-2006, 01:02 AM
You'll forgive me for not replying to any more of your eeer logic.
the logic is, private clubs dont need to adhere to the principles of due process.........simple straight line.

Basil
22-05-2006, 01:11 AM
As you would have noticed by now the mods have made considerable efforts to inform posters of standards applying in general board moderation.
I have indeed. Further I have applauded that when defending the generally sound job I believe you all do. I am on the record with that position, multiple times :clap:

I was just making clear why none of that applies to anything to do with the Lounge.
Yes, I agree you were doing that. I still disagree with the rationale, however.

There is some difference in approach to be expected on account of the rest of the board being covered by agreements between the site owner and the ACF BB (rest its soul) mods but the CL being a completely private addition.
I didn't expect a difference in approach. Good governence is good governernce.

The issue in question is your right to access that area and everything to do with the processing of that right...
With that addition [the bolding] we are making headway in jointly understanding the issue. Up until now [viz, The Janitor, The Fool and The Leader], mutual understanding [or certainly verbalising the mutual understanding] of the position has been impossible. You have taken the time to explain that there is a reason [and what that reason is] for a prima facie lack of transparency. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I still utterly disagree with the rationale, but am heartened to know there is one.

Let me consider my position a while :)

Axiom
22-05-2006, 01:23 AM
I have indeed. Further I have applauded that when defending the generally sound job I believe you all do. I am on the record with that position, multiple times :clap:

Yes, I agree you were doing that. I still disagree with the rationale, however.

I didn't expect a difference in approach. Good governence is good governernce.

With that addition [the bolding] we are making headway in jointly understanding the issue. Up until now [viz, The Janitor, The Fool and The Leader], mutual understanding [or certainly verbalising the mutual understanding] of the position has been impossible. You have taken the time to explain that there is a reason [and what that reason is] for a prima facie lack of transparency. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I still utterly disagree with the rationale, but am heartened to know there is one.

Let me consider my position a while :)
see, "private addition"! , "a reason for prima facie lack of transparancy" , now i was on the track oui?

Basil
22-05-2006, 01:38 AM
So Kevin

Its taken us a week to find out there is a rationale for no transparency. Do you think that is appropriate?

Kevin Bonham
22-05-2006, 01:43 AM
No. You should have been able to work it out for yourself in less than five minutes. :hand:

Basil
22-05-2006, 01:46 AM
No. You should have been able to work it out for yourself in less than five minutes. :hand:

Well I have to assume that you actually believe that. Incredulously. However, working with that premise, do you think it would have been appropriate to explain like you just have, once I first raised genuine non comprehension?

Kevin Bonham
22-05-2006, 01:54 AM
No more appropriate than not to.

This is a privately owned internet forum, not a branch meeting of the Australian Democrats.

Bill Gletsos
22-05-2006, 01:57 AM
not a branch meeting of the Australian Democrats.In which case he should have taken the left turn at Albuquerque. ;)

Axiom
22-05-2006, 02:03 AM
lol kb, lol bg ....:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

ursogr8
22-05-2006, 09:35 AM
STARTER, SERIOUSLY, THERE ARE A SQUILLION THINGS U CAN TALK ABOUT HERE, QUESTION YOUR FIXATION ON THE WINDMILLS, LOOK AT PROPORTION,BIG PICTURE,CONTEXT

Yeh, right, Axiom. :rolleyes:

Focus on the big issues, eh. :rolleyes:

You have 25 posts to my 17 on this CL thread. :doh:

Your two other big posting threads recently have been

1 The Eurovision song contest. :lol:
and
2 Something about Michael Baron's cat. :lol:

regards, and just bringing some facts into the debate,
starter

Basil
24-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Apart from the conclusion to the following observation being:

a) HD is a twat
b) HD is shallow
c) Can HD discuss anything chess related?
d) Insert other
e) All of the above

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=3220

I nevertheless offer that until now I had not noticed this thread and certainly had no idea that Barry shared his humanitarian love and style for others.

Again, I don't object to the ruling per se, more the gentle, guiding hand with which it is delivered. Certainly a man I would follow into battle ::choke::

A notable footnote is that I confess to having misjudged Belty to some degree.

Brian_Jones
24-05-2006, 04:18 PM
a) HD is a twat
b) HD is shallow
c) Can HD discuss anything chess related?
d) Insert other
e) All of the above

Sorry Howard, cannot pay out on this each way bet. :(

Basil
24-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Sorry Howard, cannot pay out on this each way bet. :(

Fair suck, Brian. The ambit "all of the above" satisfies you, surely!?:(
No HCD's this time.

antichrist
25-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Howard, we know what Poopoopousis is famous for, the best player never to win a grand slam. Well you are in the same boat. The best poster never to enter Coffee Lounge.

Why don't you do a Matt and go all poopy and accuse everyone of everything - at least yours would be a proper grudge.

Basil
25-05-2006, 05:54 PM
The best poster never to enter Coffee Lounge.
Damn straight!

Why don't you do a Matt and go all poopy and accuse everyone of everything
Because I have styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle and mooooooooooooves!

at least yours would be a proper grudge
What's a grudge?

antichrist
25-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Damn straight!

Because I have styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle and mooooooooooooves!

What's a grudge?
complaint or reason to be upset with someone

Basil
25-05-2006, 09:44 PM
complaint or reason to be upset with someone
:hmm:

Basil
27-05-2006, 11:05 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/scene66/spam.gif

bergil
27-05-2006, 11:07 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/scene66/spam.gif
Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, wonderful spam beautiful spam!

Garvinator
27-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, wonderful spam beautiful spam!
i thought spamming was illegal in australia now :P

Axiom
27-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, wonderful spam beautiful spam!HD! How on earth do you expect to reach the promised land with behaviour like that? i ask you?....only with patience,humility and wisdom will you ever grace the hallowed halls of CL land......it is a land rich and glowing bright with wonder........i hope one day to see you there HD, ..but you do concern me at times..

Basil
27-05-2006, 11:41 PM
HD! How on earth do you expect to reach the promised land with behaviour like that?
Multiple Torture
A. I will reach CL when I chose to.
B. Perhaps we have different goals in life.
C. Perhaps its the same reason why I refuse to partake in the Da V Code thread.
D. Perhaps its more fun being banned.

...only with patience,humility and wisdom will you ever grace the hallowed halls of CL land.
I have those qualities. I bought them last week.

...it is a land rich and glowing bright with wonder
No it's not. It's full of chess players. And besides, you're a member.

but you do concern me at times.
I concern most people, most of the time.

bergil
28-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Your in thread closed.

Axiom
28-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Your in thread closed.
:cool: :lol: :rolleyes: :whistle: :hand: