PDA

View Full Version : ratings question

bobby1992
21-02-2004, 03:46 PM
could some one please tell me.if you are playing in a tournament and the rating list comes out in the midle of it which ratings are used for calculation for your next rating by the acf, the ones at the start of tounament or new ones that came out at half way.thanks

Rincewind
21-02-2004, 04:05 PM
could some one please tell me.if you are playing in a tournament and the rating list comes out in the midle of it which ratings are used for calculation for your next rating by the acf, the ones at the start of tounament or new ones that came out at half way.thanks

I would imagine that the most recent rating (ie the one published 1/2 way through the tournament) would be the one that was used.

The reason this sounds most likely tome is that the rating calculation is geared towards modifying a single rating to a new single rating, rather than accumulating rating adjustments and applying those.

But I'm sure Bill will clarify with a definitive response.

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2004, 05:21 PM
The rating that is used is the rating at the time the tournament is actually rated not at the time it is played.
Thats why every effort is made to get tournament organisers to submit tournaments to the state rating officers as soon as they are completed.