PDA

View Full Version : Chess Tiger for the PDA...

StoneWall
18-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Does anyone ever use Chess Tiger on the Palm Pilot or any other PDA? I've found it to be a very good chess program.:owned:

skip to my lou
18-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Not on palm, but I use it on XP and it is quite good.

Kiracov
28-11-2004, 12:19 PM
I have both for the palm. Chess Genius is stronger! But Chess Tiger is no slouch, in fact it will beat most average club players even on instant move.

Kasporov has played Chess Genius, visit www.chessgenius.com for games.
Many have faced off CT and CG, generally CG will win, especially if you have a Tunsten or Zire Palm because of the super fast 400mhz processor and CG's ARM engine which combined can analise about 75,000 moves per second, verses 24,000 moves per second CT or CG on any other palm.

I would suggest downloading both trials and playing them to get the feel. If your serious about chess, you will end up with one of these programs for the palm, the others are toys.

Regards

Javier Gil
15-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I think at present pocket fritz2 is the strongest program for the pocket pc and chess genius is the strongest for palm (chess genius also has a pocket pc version, but weaker than pocket fritz 2).
I know I'm a patzer, but sometimes I lose against pocket fritz at blitz... so it can't be that bad. :)