PDA

View Full Version : Papua and Refugees

antichrist
07-04-2006, 06:33 PM
It is fact that Papuans have been abused by Indonesia for 40 years, we know them to be genuine refugees, they came to Australia's shores first, were approved for Temporary y Protection Visas in quick time as obvious, they fit Aussie and UN Refugee law perfectly.

Now ruddy John Howard wants to deny new arrivals any further refugees legal protection, with Downer even referring them as "illegal entrys". What utter bulldust, they fit UN refugee status and are absolutely LEGAL.

Mischa
07-04-2006, 10:59 PM
On this I have to aggree...Indonesia DO NOT have a good record with human rights!

firegoat7
08-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Now ruddy John Howard wants to deny new arrivals any further refugees legal protection, with Downer even referring them as "illegal entrys". What utter bulldust, they fit UN refugee status and are absolutely LEGAL.

Howard is a petrified centrist, and most probably a bigot.

cheers Fg7

Tomas Kessler
09-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Firegoat, You couldn't slot your favourite word "empirical" anywhere in the last statement?:naughty:

pballard
11-04-2006, 01:05 PM

Disgusting as the post-Tampa refugee restrictions were, at least they were in response to Australian concerns. Now he is changing refugee rights to appease Indonesian concerns. Sheesh.

The correct response to Indonesia's complaints would have been: "How we deal with refugees is an internal Australian matter."

arosar
11-04-2006, 01:10 PM
The correct response to Indonesia's complaints would have been: "How we deal with refugees is an internal Australian matter."

Else, we just get all this tension over and done with and invade that country immediately. We are better equipped and more powerful.

I love Australia. Best country in the world.

AR

antichrist
11-04-2006, 06:47 PM
How long will it be before Indonesia begins labelling Papuan freedom-fighters as TERRORISTS, as Israelis label Palestinian freedom-fighters.

pballard
11-04-2006, 07:14 PM
How long will it be before Indonesia begins labelling Papuan freedom-fighters as TERRORISTS, as Israelis label Palestinian freedom-fighters.

When they start deliberately killing civilians.

antichrist
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
When they start deliberately killing civilians.

But the civilians that the PLO were killing were so called settlers who came to feed off the killing machine of the Israeli military. On stolen land. If the Papuans were killing Indonesians living in Papua well I am all for it. Because the intruders know they are on stolen land and are rubbing salt into the wound.

Those Zionist settlers are against many UN resolutions - one could say that the Palestinians were just doing the UN's job.

And the imbalance between Palistinian fighters and the hi tech Israeli army is so great that Palestinians cannot take on the military, but they must take on someone until their land is free again.

pballard
11-04-2006, 08:29 PM
But the civilians that the PLO were killing were so called settlers who came to feed off the killing machine of the Israeli military. On stolen land. If the Papuans were killing Indonesians living in Papua well I am all for it.

So you'd have no problem with aborigines killing you? (Assuming you're not aboriginal).

antichrist
11-04-2006, 08:33 PM
So you'd have no problem with aborigines killing you? (Assuming you're not aboriginal).

that does not answer the question over there where there is trouble. If the Aboriginals were claiming much land back, I would not really mind giving it back to them. I still have a very cute little villege I can return to. We still have land over there. But be careful I might join them killing other people who won't leave voluntarily.

antichrist
11-04-2006, 08:51 PM
It is on TV now that the Prime Minister's Elect son, signed a petition calling on the army reservists not to serve in the occupied territories as it is an illegal occupation.

pballard
12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
This is drifting off topic. All I will say is that, IMHO, killing someone except in defence (i.e. when they are directly attacking you or others) serves no purpose other than to perpetuate violence and hatred. Jesus said to love your enemies, and I believe that is a good motto to live by.

antichrist
12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
these threads re Palestine moved to Blood on Hands thread

antichrist
14-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Now Howard wants to keep the Papuans refugees off shore so they can't fight for freedom of fellow Papuans.