PDA

View Full Version : Poker added to Corporate Games 2006

News Bot
11-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Poker added to Corporate Games 2006.

Link To Original Article (http://www.corporategames.net.au/nsw/sportsevents.shtml)

Trent Parker
12-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Yet chess isn't in there yet.

How Pathetic.

Garvinator
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
everything else that is regarded in the same categories as chess are there, so why isnt chess there?

eclectic
12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
everything else that is regarded in the same categories as chess are there, so why isnt chess there?

because when tenders for participating activities were called for chessguru wasn't there to promote it as a marketing analysis tool!!

ok sorry i'm bored too ... have they dried and pressed the begonias yet?

bergil
13-03-2006, 04:20 AM
because when tenders for participating activities were called for chessguru wasn't there to promote it as a marketing analysis tool!!

ok sorry i'm bored too ... have they dried and pressed the begonias yet?
Do you post in light colours so the rubbish you post can't be read? :hmm:

Watto
14-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Do you post in light colours so the rubbish you post can't be read? :hmm:

at least eclectic shows some imagination when he posts... makes up his own material... ;)

Tomas Kessler
24-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Not realising thi opportunity to raise the profile of chess in the wider community is understandable considering the laziness and general slackness of SOME of our administrators one of whom is none other than Gary Wastell President of Chess Victoria

Tomas Kessler
24-03-2006, 06:31 PM
..and Vice President of the ACF. No wonder chess cannot get corporate sponsorship...but then again do SOME in the 'Chess Administrator' community actually WANT corporate sponsorship. They might then have to justify what they do (or NOT do) and their positions.

arosar
24-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm taking up poker. Any suggestions on a good book?

AR

Rincewind
24-03-2006, 08:27 PM

Lord of the Rings.

Alan Shore
24-03-2006, 09:07 PM

AR

Doyle Bronson's book is one of the best.. I think it is called 'Theory of Poker' or something.

Poker is an awful game, I hate it. The thing is, I'm actually pretty good at it and it can be quite profitable but it consumes your soul - and it's an even more hateful game than chess because you get really bad beats that are purely based on chance.

If you want to make some $$$, take it up but don't expect to love it!