PDA

View Full Version : Adults Internet Comp Soon + Doerbel Meeting

AES
14-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Alan and myself feel we should be ready to take on adult chess starting in July.

I have spoken to Dennis Jessop and alongside making a formal proposal for adult competitions before the ACF committee, we will have a brainstorming session which is open to any individual to take part.

I will be providing the dates shortly and it should be a good session.

free session: 1-2 hours
venue: to be announced
date: prior to ACF committee meeting so our proposal is right
please bring: pen, ideas
We will provide butcher paper for group discussions

Let me know if you would like to attend by emailing me at alexs@ausnetchess.org (just need to know for catering purposes) Only email me once we have announced venue + date + time.

See you at Doerbel!

Libby
14-02-2006, 01:44 PM

don't forget butcher knife, cleaver, grinder etc - might achieve consensus a bit faster

Garvinator
14-02-2006, 02:33 PM
don't forget butcher knife, cleaver, grinder etc - might achieve consensus a bit faster
there must also be a hatchet:cool:

Alan Shore
14-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Hopefully to bury, right?

Garvinator
14-02-2006, 02:38 PM
that is one use:P

jenni
14-02-2006, 02:49 PM

but in whom?

arosar
14-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I must say, this concept is really good. I believe, the recently completed USCL was an online event, over ICC, and made possible interstate teams to compete. So maybe, at last, we can have a truly national "grade matches".

AR

Libby
14-02-2006, 07:13 PM

You're getting out of the butcher shop and into the garden shed now Garvin. There are a great many useful toys in the shed ....

adelaideuni
04-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Its Alex here using my other account temporarily.

Just to let you know I have had converations with Paul Dunn and Denis Jessop and this is the option we have come up with.

Date:
Friday, April 14th 2006

Time:
4:00pm - 6:30 pm (must finish then prior to round 2 at 7:00pm)

Venue:
Board room at the Italo-Australian Club (venue for Doerbel Cup 2006) with a view to moving out to playing room once the last game for round 1 is complete.

Schedule:
junior (1 hours): 4:00pm - 5:00 pm.
Break (10 min)
Adult (1.5 hours) 5:10pm - 6:40pm

Please bring:
pen, ideas,/suggestions/concerns

Other:
We will be taking down names of people or clubs wanting to help out etc.
Other information/instructions for clubs and individuals concnered about ICC etc.

How will it work?
Well we can fit about 30 people in this boardroom (poss more) and the boardroom has one massive table in it. So each state can sit down at different sections of the table.

Let me know ASAP (days not weeks) if you would like to attend by emailing me at alexs@ausnetchess.org (just need to know for catering purposes) First in best dressed (to some extent). Only email me once we have announced venue + date + time.

See you at Doerbel!

If you cant make it, dont worry i will be there for the whole tourney (not playing) and will have sessions throughout Saturday for those who are busy Friday. There will also be feedback forms (MCQs) for players, and general public.

AES
26-03-2006, 05:04 PM
I forgot to mention that if any webmasters want to chat about anything re their website and how they can improve layout etc, i am happy to talk about it with them. I will be around the venue all weekend-need things to keep me busy :)

I hope this comment doesnt come across as being arrogant or anything, it certainly isnt intended.