PDA

View Full Version : trial run of fritz publish

qpawn
07-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I am trying to use fritz 8 to put a diagram of a game with moves in this thread. I am finding all the instructions in the book gobbledegook. I am trying to use the print/publish function but it isn't doing it. Last trime when I put in the website of chesschat it wasn't recognised.

Anyone know how to do this? :confused:

qpawn
07-02-2006, 02:09 PM
This isn't working.

I have saved my chess position to a windows picture doc on my desktop. So, is there any way of getting that picture onto here? I have tried cut/paste. Export?

What do I do?

Rincewind
07-02-2006, 03:53 PM
This isn't working.

I have saved my chess position to a windows picture doc on my desktop. So, is there any way of getting that picture onto here? I have tried cut/paste. Export?

What do I do?

I'd recommend cutting the FEN string for the position and inserting that inside of FEN tags here. That is a much more efficient and standardised way to go.

For more info look here (http://www.chesschat.org/announcement.php?f=41&a=11).

qpawn
07-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I will give that a go! I might have to do it tomorrow though. Thanks again!

qpawn
07-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know how to put up your own website. I haven't got one. :mad:
I want one :evil: Do I need dreamweaver etc to get one? :confused:

arosar
07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Do I need dreamweaver etc to get one? :confused:

The first question you really need to ask yourself is why you need a website. If it's just to tell the world about this and that - then you can avail yourself of many free hosting services like angelfire.com. Alternatively, set up a blog! Y!, msn, and blogspot are all free.

You don't really need Dreamweaver. But it all depends on your purpose.

AR

Spiny Norman
08-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Does anyone know how to put up your own website. I haven't got one. :mad:
I want one :evil: Do I need dreamweaver etc to get one? :confused:
Does your ISP offer a "free personal website"? If so, start with that and practice creating/editing/publishing pages. Dreamweaver is pretty good I think, but I haven't used it personally. Until very recently I used to edit all HTML by hand using Notepad. Now I have switched to using a content management platform. Its more restrictive, but also more powerful in that I can readily obtain additional modules of functionality and plug them in.

Once you have the tools sorted and are comfortable using them, you can readily acquire your own domain and website from any number of providers. I tend to use GoDaddy for purchasing .COM domains, then go from there (i.e. you can add a website to the base purchase, etc).

Beware ... once you get started on website stuff it can/will consume inordinate amounts of time (more than Chess Chat even!). ;)

qpawn
08-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Time. Gotta get more of the stuff. :D

qpawn
08-02-2006, 08:58 AM
I can get the FEN status of any position with Fritz very easily.

But what do I do with that FEN stuff? How do I make it conjure up a duagram on this board? Do I need to download a program? I have read the files on FEN and there doesn't seem to be any answer to this.

If its any HTML then I can't do any of that stuff.

Spiny Norman
08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Do you mean posting a FEN position here? It used to be by means of putting the FEN string between "FEN tags" in your post ... that is:

left-square-bracketFENright-square-bracket
then the FEN string
left-square-bracket/FENright-square-bracket

qpawn
08-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Think I understand now! :D

qpawn
08-02-2006, 09:44 AM
rnbq1rk1/ppp1ppbp/5np1/3p4/3P4/5NP1/PPP1PPBP/RNBQ1RK1 w - - 0 6

hOoray! Even a dummy like me can do it!

Spiny Norman
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM