PDA

View Full Version : am i banned from tournaments?

bunta
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
i have this word that i am banned from tournaments because i was sick, i actually went to the hospital to be examined so i had to take time off from the last 2 games of st george summer open and give myself a rest. they value the importance of a chess round draws more than the health and well being of a chess player. so bottom line is, am i banned?

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
You must be referring to being banned from St. George events only. Of course for that to be true you would need to hear it from a St. George chess club official like The Wise Man and not just via hearsay.

bunta
01-02-2006, 06:08 PM
You must be referring to being banned from St. George events only. Of course for that to be true you would need to hear it from a St. George chess club official like The Wise Man and not just via hearsay.

OK there going to tell me on this thread as soon as possible, i just want to see what they say. whatever the decision i'll just have to accept it.

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
OK there going to tell me on this thread as soon as possible, i just want to see what they say. whatever the decision i'll just have to accept it.Did you inform thearbiter or a club official prior to the start of rounds 6 and 7 that you were withdrawing on medical advice or did you just not bother to turn up.

bunta
01-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Did you inform thearbiter or a club official prior to the start of rounds 6 and 7 that you were withdrawing on medical advice or did you just not bother to turn up.

umm yes i did it was only on the last week when my medical condition got really serious, stop thinking im so cheap with these things "you just do not bother to turn up"

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
umm yes i did it was only on the last week when my medical condition got really serious, stop thinking im so cheap with these things "you just do not bother to turn up"Well I doubt they would be considering banning you if that was the case.
Therefore there is either more to it than you are saying or they have no intention of banning you.
Either way lets wait and see what The Wise Man has to say.

Garvinator
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
You would also receive any official actions like suspensions in writing with the St George Chess Club letterhead at the top.

If you havent received anything like this, then it is pretty safe to ignore whatever you have heard. I say pretty safe cause I dont actually know;)

Libby
03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
"you just do not bother to turn up"

I wouldn't take this comment too personally.

It's an expression that springs to mind for far too many chess organisers because many chessplayers don't have the urge to act in reasonable, well-mannered and polite ways.

(Perhaps that's who JH had in mind recently ... :hmm: )

I don't know your circumstances or the St George club rules but I would think most people would react sympathetically if you explained your circumstances. You never know what version of events was communicated to them either, particularly if you didn't provide the details first-hand.

Communication. Essential (and underutilised) chess tool.

Duff McKagan
03-02-2006, 08:14 PM
You would also receive any official actions like suspensions in writing with the St George Chess Club letterhead at the top.

Maybe... this is Sydney we're talking about here.

Garvinator
03-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Maybe... this is Sydney we're talking about here.
;) ;)

bunta
05-02-2006, 08:59 AM
OK then, i'll just take the outcomes

The_Wise_Man
05-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I received your call re not being able to make it last Tuesday night...

It wouldn't have know anything about this rumour if I didn't come across it on the BB.

Whilst you missed the last two weeks of the tournament, it hasn't even crossed my mind that we should start banning people for little indiscretions. (a warning would be the most severe punishment that you would receive and even that is not a given...) I believe that the new committee will think likewise.

Wise