PDA

View Full Version : Large lot of chess books for sale: cheap!

Kyclee23
24-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi guys,

I hope this post is not inappropriate. If so, Mods: please move to the right forum or delete this thread.

Just some background, I was an active chess player a few years ago with the Koala chess club with lots of great memories but I had recently given chess up (!) and so it is a good time to pass my books onto someone else.

There are some "good" books and some "bad" books in the list I'm sure, but they are all in good condition etc

Ebay auction for my books is here (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8376981043). Feel free to bid or else contact me via the Ebay link or this thread. I'd prefer to save the hassle and sell my books to someone here. Cheers

Book List:

Improve Your Chess Now – Jonathan Tisdall

Chess for Tigers 2nd Edition – Simon Webb

The World’s Greatest Chess Games – Graham Burgess, Dr John Nunn & John Emms

My 60 Memorable Games - Bobby Fischer

More Chessercizes: Checkmate! – Bruce Pandolfini

Beginner’s Guide to Winning chess – Fred Reinfeld

Gambits – Yakov Estrin

Pawn Endings – A. Cvetkov

How to play The Opening in Chess – Raymond Keene and David Levy

Nigel Short’s Chess Skills – Nigel Short

Duels of the Mind, The Twelve Best Games of Chess – Raymond Keene

Trends: Spanish Exchange – Bruno Carlier

Master Class: Planning in Chess – John Littlewood

Better Chess for Young Players – McLeod and Mongredien

Frank Walker
24-01-2006, 05:51 PM
If the postage cost wasnt 20 bucks i would buy some...

Kyclee23
24-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi Frank,

Sorry mate! As you'll appreciate this many books are quite heavy and to box them and pack them nicely will probably result in shipping costs of around $15-18 according to Austpost.com.au estimates.

Just bet would be just to reduce the $ amount to bid and include postage in your estimates :)

Frank Walker
24-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Ill ask my son whether he wants any books.
He has a couple of scholarships test coming up soon so maybe I will delay him playing too much chess for a lil while.