PDA

View Full Version : New members count not incrementing

ursogr8
05-02-2004, 07:33 PM
hi Jeo

I notice that the New members count is not incrementing. Stuck on 385

The previous bug about ERIC re-appearing seems to be repaired.

starter

skip to my lou
06-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Its on 387.

It only updates every day or hour once when the cron jobs are executed.

ursogr8
08-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Its on 387.

It only updates every day or hour once when the cron jobs are executed.
hi Jeo
Yes, it is now OK on the new members count.
A new thing >>> the calendar today shows India v Aus (test). It is actually a 1-dayer, not a Test :p :confused: :rolleyes:

starter

skip to my lou
08-02-2004, 08:18 PM
The post was a test, not the game.

ursogr8
08-02-2004, 09:18 PM
The post was a test, not the game.

K. I knew that, but could not resist.

Alan Shore
19-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I think my 'number of posts' has been stuck on 12 for ages.. I'll post this and see if it changes

Alan Shore
19-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh, no it went up.. strange. Maybe I do have a chance of catching up to Bill after all :uhoh:

Alan Shore
19-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Argh, now it's not working any more.. my posts in the non-chess section aren't registering.. is this because they don't officially count?

skip to my lou
19-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Yes, posts in non-chess do not go towards your post count!

Alan Shore
20-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Weak.. they should :P

skip to my lou
20-02-2004, 01:56 AM
thats great. :hand:

ursogr8
31-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Barry

The details in your signature line don't seem to be incrementing?
Is it going to converge to the real value of pi? In mysterious ways?

starter

ps
I like this signature line much better than your previous.

Rincewind
01-09-2004, 12:10 AM
The details in your signature line don't seem to be incrementing?
Is it going to converge to the real value of pi? In mysterious ways?

The question is not if it will converge but HOW it will converge. My bet is it will converge with an order of 1.618... :D

PHAT
01-09-2004, 12:53 AM
The question is not if it will converge but HOW it will converge. My bet is it will converge with an order of 1.618... :D

That repost is worth a gold medal.

Bill Gletsos
01-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Pi or Phi.
Its amazing what a h can do.

PHAT
01-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Pi or Phi.
Its amazing what a h can do.

h=1.5236...

ursogr8
01-09-2004, 08:14 AM

Baz

Another day has gone by and still the estimate of 3 for pi has not incremented. I still think there is something wrong with your formula of relying on 1 Kings 7:23, 2 Chron 4:2.
Can you appeal to a higher authority to have this reviewed? Or perhaps look up the answer for us in the back of the book; is there a section there with the answers?

starter

ps....Took me a while to get your "My bet is it will converge with an order of 1.618... ".
I agree with Matt's post #14. :clap:

pps...I asked a programmer who works with me here in the office. He suggested changing Chron to CRON; he said something to do with you using an old version...don't know if this helps.

Rincewind
01-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Another day has gone by and still the estimate of 3 for pi has not incremented. I still think there is something wrong with your formula of relying on 1 Kings 7:23, 2 Chron 4:2.

Here is my algorithm.

while TRUE
do
PI = 30 / 10;
done

Perhaps we should have a quality walkthrough.

Can you appeal to a higher authority to have this reviewed? Or perhaps look up the answer for us in the back of the book; is there a section there with the answers?

I took your advise and checked out Revelations Ch 8. There are lots of number, especially the number 7, but no estmiate for pi that I could see. :(

ps....Took me a while to get your "My bet is it will converge with an order of 1.618... ".
I agree with Matt's post #14. :clap:

As an aside the Secent root finding method actually does converge to the root with an order of convergence of 1.618... Also the phi allocation to this number is a relatively modern convention. Only around the last 100 years I believe.

pps...I asked a programmer who works with me here in the office. He suggested changing Chron to CRON; he said something to do with you using an old version...don't know if this helps.

:)

$ crontab -l
0 1 * * * export pi=30/10
$

ursogr8
01-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Here is my algorithm.

while TRUE
do
PI = 30 / 10;
done

Looks good to me. I particularly like the built in redundancy of the 0's. Could we build in more redundancy for further security?

I took your advise and checked out Revelations Ch 8. There are lots of number, especially the number 7, but no estmiate for pi that I could see.
No. My text was advice, not advise.
I expected a few 7's would be found. No clowns of course?

As an aside the Secent root finding method actually does converge to the root with an order of convergence of 1.618... Also the phi allocation to this number is a relatively modern convention. Only around the last 100 years I believe.

I am not getting this PHI reference, to be honest.

:)

$ crontab -l
0 1 * * * export pi=30/10$

:eek: Now there is no need to talk dirty just because your formula has a bug. You might attract the attention of a moderator.

starter

Rincewind
01-09-2004, 10:20 AM
I am not getting this PHI reference, to be honest.

Well there is a first time for everything. ;) (NB deliberate ambiguity)

For homework you will have to find one of the schachlieber threads regarding the book, The Da Vinci Code.

ursogr8
02-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Here is my algorithm.

while TRUE
do
PI = 30 / 10;
done

Perhaps we should have a quality walkthrough.

Baz

We conducted a walk-through here in the office. Only one injury as a guy forgot to turn left at the pot-plant.

It was successful though. :clap:
We have found why your formula is not incrementing. When we checked the user requirements we found that the clients were looking for a replacement for one of those 10 'sermon on the mount' sentences. So of course it supposed to stay the same, day-after-day. :doh:
Apparently it is like one of those ink-blot test thingos; it is up to the reader to place his own interpretation on the sentence as a prelude to arguing some position on the BB. I believe the maker calls it a 'starter-pack'.

starter

Glenno
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I have noticed that my number of "total posts" has been on 43 for a while now.

Rincewind
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I have noticed that my number of "total posts" has been on 43 for a while now.

44 now. :)

The reason is posts in the Correspondence Matches forum and sub-forums do not contribute to your total post count. Post elsewhere and you should see your count increment.

ElevatorEscapee
06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
PI??? Mmmmm Pie!!! That is how you estimate Pie? It is much bigger than that... and tastier! Drug will be able to illuminate you! Yes.... Drug's the answer for everything! :P

Glenno
07-07-2007, 05:37 PM
The reason is posts in the Correspondence Matches forum and sub-forums do not contribute to your total post count. Post elsewhere and you should see your count increment.

Thank you for clarifying that now.