PDA

View Full Version : chess jerseys?

bunta
11-12-2005, 03:09 PM
i had this great idea that they should make chess jerseys with some design to it, and you can put your name at the back of it similar to football jerseys.. :lol:

The_Wise_Man
11-12-2005, 03:31 PM
but polo shirts are both less expensive and more appropriate for licenced premises...

Wise

PHAT
11-12-2005, 07:55 PM
i had this great idea that they should make chess jerseys with some design to it, and you can put your name at the back of it similar to football jerseys.. :lol:

In deed!

If we cannot get players to dress in smart casual, we could at least have Club colours polo shirts with emblem and name.

bunta
11-12-2005, 08:24 PM
those NSWJCL shirts are a bit.. geeky? no offence to any chess player but we should put more of a representative base thing on the shirt, like what club they represent or country, and also add some strips and style to it so it looks a bit metro, i dont know what you guys think of that though and it has your name plus your chess achievements or rating perhaps? that would be awesome!

Davidflude
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Anyone who plays chess for Australia should be issued with blazers and baggy green caps. I think that blazers may already have been issued. Anyone who knows the full stoey please post.

Whatch out foe what Box Hill players will be wearing in Queenstown.

BFG
12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
those NSWJCL shirts are a bit.. geeky? no offence to any chess player but we should put more of a representative base thing on the shirt, like what club they represent or country, and also add some strips and style to it so it looks a bit metro, i dont know what you guys think of that though and it has your name plus your chess achievements or rating perhaps? that would be awesome!If you are in Brisbane it may be worth checking out the ACTJCL's shirts. They have had a team shirt like you suggested for a few years now.

The_Wise_Man
13-12-2005, 08:46 AM
it has your name plus your chess achievements or rating perhaps? that would be awesome!

I don't think most people would have their rating on their shirt unless your 2400 and then you don't need your rating on your shirt

Wise

Watto
13-12-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't think most people would have their rating on their shirt unless your 2400 and then you don't need your rating on your shirt

Wise
Unless we come up with a system where the smallest rating gets shouted lunch by the rest of the group… think I’d do well out of that in Queenstown... or anywhere for that matter!! Yum. :lol:

bunta
14-12-2005, 08:39 AM
well maybe not a rating since australia doesnt have many people over 2400, but it is good to have a rating on the jersey or at least how people improved from previous ratings, i mean why not
i dont think raymond song would be embarassed to wear a jersey and his rating is 2073

Spiny Norman
14-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Why not follow the cricketer's approach and have numbers for those that represent Australia ... this could be worked out I suppose for adults (Olympiad selection) and juniors (World Junior events)?

Oepty
14-12-2005, 12:43 PM
well maybe not a rating since australia doesnt have many people over 2400, but it is good to have a rating on the jersey or at least how people improved from previous ratings, i mean why not
i dont think raymond song would be embarassed to wear a jersey and his rating is 2073

While Raymond Song's rating is now 2073, it almost certainly will not be in a few months time, and it quite possibly be higher. This means the jersey will be out of date very quickly. A jersey with just the players name could be used for a whole year.
Scott

bunta
04-01-2006, 03:34 PM
While Raymond Song's rating is now 2073, it almost certainly will not be in a few months time, and it quite possibly be higher. This means the jersey will be out of date very quickly. A jersey with just the players name could be used for a whole year.
Scott

yeah true, hmm maybe not rating then but like significant achievements would be great, do you think this idea will pull through? nothing geeky as well

bunta
10-01-2006, 10:11 AM
oh what about, jerseys for clubs to wear to play for games, its a bit of a hassel since where so used to wearing our casual clothes but it does bring something, other sports have it why cant chess have it?