PDA

View Full Version : Interesting facts !!

hitman84
09-12-2005, 04:35 AM
There are only two players on this planet who can boast a plus score against Kasparov,
One is obviously ice-man Vladimir Kramnik and the other Vassily Ivanchuck!

Nobody knew what motivated him so much when he was up against Kasparov.

He knocked out Kasparov in the knock out rapid championship held at Prague!
eventually which was won by People's champ Viswanathan Anand!

Here is a nice story:

They say that the look on the face of a player before his/her game against
Kasparov is somethin similar to this :confused:
Once Ivanchuck was to play Kasparov and he arrived wearing this strange look on his face :evil:
Soon after the opening the look on Kasparov's face - :(
Needless to say the game was won by chucky as he is popularly called.

In the post match interview a reporter asked him what was the factor that motivated him to reject kasparov's draw offer and go for a win!

Here was cool ole chucky's answer "I went to watch a bull fight last night , the raging bull ,motivated me!"(the torney was held at Spain)

So the next time if by any chance you get to play kasparov make sure you have enough time to watch a bull fight before the match!

Kasparov admitted that chucky's chess was kinda outa this world it was difficult to prepare as he always chose outdated lines!

Did you know that chucky has this strange habit of watching upwards and analysing his moves during a match.Hey maybe he is taking some tips from heaven!

How great is kasparov?

After the final round of Linares topolov,bareev and shirov went to a hotel .
Topolov commented "not a bad tourney vishy's first kramnik is second and i finish third".The GM's are surprised they have'nt ordered anythin yet and Topolov has gone nuts.So they ask him what about Kasparov The actual champion !
Topolov says hey thats not fair you cant consider kasparov He is something else!!
This was just the frustration of losing the final round game to kasparov where topolov thought it was the best fight he had put up in the whole tourney!!

So what did kramnik say after beating Kasparov in the world championship

My knowledge in chess is like drop of water from kasparov's Ocean of knowledge!!

So all we can do is just :clap:

So thats about all the greats
Now is there someone out there who can match his wits against all these guys and still be totally down to earth!

Sure!Thats why he is called the People's champ!

Recently Vishy played this simul exhibition in Germany.
There was this old man who was his big fan and wanted to play Vishy.So Vishy asked the organisers to include him in the simul.

After the simul Vishy had lost two games and drawn seven and won maybe 25 i dont remember the numbers.

Guess who had won ,one was an experienced rated player and the other the old man(History proffessor).

Now this made Big news even in our country but what nobody knows except Anand and the organizers who had observed that anand had made several cosecutive weak moves, is the happiness Vishy gets makin people happy!

The old man was so overjoyed he hugged Anand and took photographs and showed it everyone with great pride!

I hope the old man does'nt read this!

There are numerous such incidents i can just go on typing.
He lives in Spain but often comes and gives a simul.
He once gave unique simul which included only mentally retarded children!!
One of the children was so overjoyed he burst into laughter which had deserted him for a long time!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beat that Kasparov,Kramnik,Topolov,Ivanchuck !!!

WhiteElephant
09-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Hi Hitman,

I haven't posted here for a long time because of some of the bickering and arguing that goes on here. But you have inspired me to come out of retirement - your posts are very refreshing and lots of fun to read. Hope to see more!

Lucena
09-12-2005, 08:38 AM
There are only two players on this planet who can boast a plus score against Kasparov,
One is obviously ice-man Vladimir Kramnik and the other Vassily Ivanchuck!

What about Gulko? Or Chandler?

four four two
09-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Doesnt Topalov have a plus score against Kasparov,even after this years Linares? :hmm:

I presume you are counting classical games[time limit at least 40/90],and not including rapid. :hmm:

Watto
09-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi Hitman,

I haven't posted here for a long time because of some of the bickering and arguing that goes on here. But you have inspired me to come out of retirement - your posts are very refreshing and lots of fun to read. Hope to see more!
I’ve been enjoying your posts too Hitman. Great anecdotes.

Nice to see White Elephant back (one of the better posters on chesschat). So congrats too for bringing him out of retirement!

sonyrobocup
09-12-2005, 10:56 AM
No way. Kasparov has plus score against Ivanchuk in either rapid or classical chess. There are some other players who have positive score against Kasparov.

WhiteElephant
09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Sheesh...why not take it in the lighthearted spirit it was intended and enjoy the story?

Oh and thanks Watto....I am on holidays so have a bit of time on my hands...to enjoy the sunshine and post on ChessChat.

four four two
09-12-2005, 02:15 PM
While it was lighthearted WE,it is important to get the plus score results against world champions right. Its a question of basic history.
And Im not trying to be pedantic here,but Vassily's surname is Ivanchuk.
Although having gone out in the early rounds of the world cup again he might want to chuck. ;)

hitman84
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys for your positive response,I'm really honoured.
As far as the plus scores against Kasparov goes i'm really sorry for not doin enough research.
Here are some other people who have plus scores against him.
His,
1.dad
2.mom
3.first chess coach
4.Alexi Shirov in his dreams!

ElevatorEscapee
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I can honestly say that I have never lost a single game against Mr Kasparov! :)