PDA

View Full Version : Self publication of chess books

Davidflude
30-11-2005, 04:58 PM
In 1998 a book by Thomas Johansson “The King's Gambit for the creative aggressor was published
in the traditional manner by Schachverlag Kania.

Now he has written a new book “The Fascinating King's Gambit” self published by Trafford Publishing United Kingdom.

Trafford's webpage is at http://www.trafford.com/

Thomas Johansson's web page is at http://hem.passagen.se/tjmisha/\

For years self publishing has been regarded as being somewhat suspect. If there are any publishing experts on this forum I would like you to post your views.

arosar
30-11-2005, 05:37 PM
On that note, whatever happened to JGB's 100 Best Aussie games or whatever that was called?

AR

four four two
30-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Maybe one of the reasons he hasnt been on the board much in the last 2 months is that he's working heavily on that book...just a thought. :hmm:

Rincewind
30-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Maybe one of the reasons he hasnt been on the board much in the last 2 months is that he's working heavily on that book...just a thought. :hmm:

My understanding is that is not what has been keeping JGB busy but it might be part of the story. He told me he was going to make a return anon. Not much sign of that yet...

four four two
01-12-2005, 09:19 AM
He logged on the other day,but didnt post...probably too busy reading about all the shenanigans on the board. ;)

ElevatorEscapee
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
My understanding is that is not what has been keeping JGB busy but it might be part of the story. He told me he was going to make a return anon. Not much sign of that yet...

If he is going to return "anon", how will we know if it is him? :uhoh: ;)

Alan Shore
01-12-2005, 09:49 PM
If he is going to return "anon", how will we know if it is him? :uhoh: ;)

OMG he's really 442!!

(.... nah).

Actually I hear he's been busy with study/work/girls.

JGB
09-12-2005, 10:54 PM
OMG he's really 442!!

(.... nah).

Actually I hear he's been busy with study/work/girls.

Thats about it, well, study/work/girl anyway. ;)

looking forward to seeing you all again real soon!

PHAT
09-12-2005, 11:55 PM

W ewanna know more about studying teh work on the French Grogan Attack: is it as penetratingt as you say?

Alan Shore
10-12-2005, 12:16 AM

Hey, glad to hear from you again mate, hope I see you again sometime soon too.

(P.S. I wasn't able to quit chesschat... sorry.)

four four two
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
You shouldnt feel sorry Belthasar,its no different to people reading the same newspaper and listening to the same radio station everyday.
The surgeon general says the BB causes no long term damage to your health. ;)

Davidflude
12-12-2005, 04:43 PM
This book has now come to hand and it appears to be very good. It doubles my options in that I can now play either bishops or knights gambits.

I blew a won position where I had a forced checkmate on friday when I did not see a rook hiding behind a pawn. When I checked out the line there was only one game played by me on ICCF where I drew with a very strong correspondence player.

I suspect that the rule of thumb is play the bishop's gambit over the board and the kinight's gambit in Email correspondence or database server chess.

If anyone is interested I will post a critical line where according to which analyst
or computer program you look at white is winning, black is winning or the position is totally unclear.