PDA

View Full Version : Open post to Jenni Oliver

PHAT
27-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Dear Jenni,

You are a breath of fresh air in the squalid cess pit of male dominated chess politics. I am sorry that you you felt so out of step with the other mods that you needed to quit.

While you and I have not aways agreed, on most matters I have sided with you. I don't know if you were or were not on the side to give me a perminant ban, but it does not matter to me. If you banned banned me, I probably deserved it. I trust you and your judgement. Please reconsider your resignation from being a moderator.

Kevin Bonham
28-11-2005, 12:55 AM
I am sorry that you you felt so out of step with the other mods

Um, not quite. Read more carefully.

jenni
28-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Dear Jenni,

You are a breath of fresh air in the squalid cess pit of male dominated chess politics. I am sorry that you you felt so out of step with the other mods that you needed to quit.

While you and I have not aways agreed, on most matters I have sided with you. I don't know if you were or were not on the side to give me a perminant ban, but it does not matter to me. If you banned banned me, I probably deserved it. I trust you and your judgement. Please reconsider your resignation from being a moderator.

It became a matter of principle with me. I think if you read the whole of the "Moderation of an unmoderated thread" thread carefully, my reasons are clear. I also didn't use words lightly. There is a technical difference between the word "mod" and the word "admin".

Realistically not much will change, as I didn't do that much moderating anyway - perhaps just brought a slightly different perspective to some of the internal moderator debates.

As far as general posting goes, I don't intend to stop handing out my opinion (whether wanted or not :) )

There have been times when I could quite happily have seen you off the board permanently, when we were having our clashes. However in order to have a truly representative board, we need the extremes of opinions such as myself and Libby, you, ChessGuru, Fg7 etc.

Anyway must go - I have staying with me this week, Laszlo Hazai, Catherine Lip and friend and Charles Zworestine. Hotel Oliver needs cleaning. :)

ElevatorEscapee
01-12-2005, 06:45 AM
I think you may mean controversial Arosar,your not renowned for being "sensitive",and if its about wcbc I would be surprised she grants your request. :whistle:

I never knew that Jenni was involved in the World Chess Boxing Championships! :eek:

arosar
01-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Does jenni still read or post here? I need to contact here immediately.

AR

Rincewind
01-12-2005, 03:30 PM

Have you heard of the telephone?

jenni
01-12-2005, 03:43 PM

AR

yes of couse I do :) Just busy at the moment....

arosar
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
yes of couse I do :) Just busy at the moment....

I wish to do an interview with you jenni. It's a bit of a sensitive issue.

AR

jenni
01-12-2005, 03:55 PM
I wish to do an interview with you jenni. It's a bit of a sensitive issue.

AR

depends what it is on... why don't you e-mail me?

four four two
01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
I think you may mean controversial Arosar,your not renowned for being "sensitive",and if its about wcbc I would be surprised she grants your request. :whistle:

jenni
01-12-2005, 05:22 PM

Absolutely - I am much better at saying "no comment" than doing interviews...