PDA

View Full Version : ACF "Rapid" vs "Classic"

Spiny Norman
24-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't recall having seen this mentioned previously. What constitutes a "Classic" tournament vs a "Rapid" tournament under the ACF rating regime?

Reason I ask is I need to decide whether I should submit some of Croydon Chess' junior tournaments to be rapid-rated. All were played with clocks. The time limit was 15 mins each for all moves.

Bill Gletsos
24-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't recall having seen this mentioned previously. What constitutes a "Classic" tournament vs a "Rapid" tournament under the ACF rating regime?

Reason I ask is I need to decide whether I should submit some of Croydon Chess' junior tournaments to be rapid-rated. All were played with clocks. The time limit was 15 mins each for all moves.For events without increments a game will be rated in the rapid system if it is played at a time control of between 15 and 59 minutes per player for the whole game. Longer time limits it will be rated in the normal system.

For events with increments they will be normally rated if G/Xmins + Ysec per move from move 1 where X and Y are 30 or greater or where X is 60 or greater. Time limits of G/Xmins + Ysecs Y secs per move where X is 15-29 will be rated in the rapid system irrespective of the value of Y as will those where X is 30-59 and Y is less than 30.

Spiny Norman
24-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks Bill, much appreciated.