PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship to be announced shortly!

Brian_Jones
23-11-2005, 09:23 AM
The Australian Chess Federation is now accepting entries for the 2006 Australian Chess Grand Prix.
Details are at www.chessaustralia.com.au/grandprix
The Tournament Registration Form is at pdf version and doc version.

Organisers please note that the closing date for tournament registration is 15 December 2005.
Entries must be lodged and all fees paid in full before this date (Category 1 is free).
The tournament program will be finalised and published no later than 1 January 2006.

Please note there are new rules for the 2006 Australian Grand Prix.
It is expected that players will be attracted by the new format.
And we are still hopeful of finding significant commercial sponsorship.
However, this may not be confirmed until after the Grand Prix has started in January 2006.

Brian Jones
Australian Chess Enterprises
www.chessaustralia.com.au/grandprix

jase
23-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Brian,

The title of your message implies that you are close to agreement with a corporate entity regarding sponsorship for the Grand Prix, and that these details would be announced when contracts were exchanged and like formalities complete.

The body of your message implies little of the sort:

we are still hopeful of finding significant commercial sponsorship.

Perhaps we can talk if you are present at the NSWCA AGM on Sunday, or alternatively, soon thereafter? Looks like a case of "Man Bites Dog" sub-editing to me.

Brian_Jones
23-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Just a little timing issue Jase.

The main message is being sent out to tournament organisers all over Australia.

The more optimistic post on this BB is to let everyone know that sponsorship was confirmed this morning but details cannot be released for a few weeks!

jase
23-11-2005, 08:41 PM
The more optimistic post on this BB is to let everyone know that sponsorship was confirmed this morning but details cannot be released for a few weeks!

That's excellent. If I happen to land a spot on the NSWCA Council I'll be looking for more details post-haste.

Brian_Jones
26-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Here is a small clue to wet your appetite. The prizes for the 2006 Grand Prix will include some overseas air fares.

four four two
26-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Hmmm....lets see,there is Qantas,Virgin Blue ,Singapore airlines,and Emirates.
Care to play 20 questions Brian?
How about you give us another clue in the next few days,is the sponsor an Australian company? :hmm:

The_Wise_Man
26-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Having worked in the industry, Emirates would be my guess as having the money to throw around...

Wise

Brian_Jones
28-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Neither sponsor is an Australian company.

Leonid Sandler
28-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Brian Jones should be congratulated for the excellent job of resurecting dead Grand Prix.I hope that next year will make the difference and more people will be attracted to Grand Prix.
Well done ,Brian I wish you will be Chess Olympiad fundraiser!

Brian_Jones
30-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Scoresheets and posters being printed before Xmas!

Brian_Jones
01-12-2005, 09:27 AM
The Australian Chess Federation is now accepting entries for the 2006 Australian Chess Grand Prix.

Details are at www.chessaustralia.com.au/grandprix.

The Tournament Registration Form is at pdf version and doc version.

Organisers please note that the closing date for tournament registration is 15 December 2005. Entries must be lodged and all fees paid in full before this date. The tournament program will be finalised and published no later than 1 January 2006. We expect to print scoresheets and posters to supply to all organisers.

Please note there are new rules for the 2006 Australian Grand Prix. Sponsorship has been confirmed and details will be annnounced in mid-December. It is expected that players will be attracted by the new format so please ensure that your tournament is in the correct category!

Brian Jones
ACF Grand Prix Director 2006
www.chessaustralia.com.au