PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for not turning up

sonyrobocup
14-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey, anybody know the punishment of failing to turn up for a game. I just received a letter from NSWCA, they say I didnt appear to play a game without informing the arbiter.

jase
14-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Did you have a good reason? It's not pleasant to leave your opponent sitting around for an hour waiting for you, then having to claim the forfeit.

You should just explain why you didn't turn up and expect a slap on the wrist.

shaun
14-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey, anybody know the punishment of failing to turn up for a game.

Being hung by your thumbs and beaten with sticks?

ElevatorEscapee
24-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Sony, the player who doesn't show up forfeits the game and normally no letters are sent to them.

ElevatorEscapee
24-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, what did it say in the letter that was sent to you?

Kaitlin
24-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Maybe getting sent a letter from the NSWCA is the punishment :buttkick:

ElevatorEscapee
25-11-2005, 12:29 AM
It might depend upon whether or not he replies to the letter in a specified time... if not, he may find himself facing a two year ban from all NSWCA activities! :doh:

ElevatorEscapee
28-11-2005, 08:40 PM
I guess sony isn't showing up to post a response on this thread. :lol:

sonyrobocup
28-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I am here now. The letter said I internationally forfeited one of my games without notifying the arbiter. I did that in the past and I didn't care I lost the game but receiving a letter from the association is the first time. It says the NSWCA is considering to take action against me, but it doesnt say what will it do. It askes me to goto the AGM annual meeting to speak to the council which I didnt bother.

Garvinator
28-11-2005, 10:20 PM
It askes me to goto the AGM annual meeting to speak to the council which I didnt bother.
well if nswca follows through on their letter, then you are in trouble. Saying here wont help either :doh:

Trent Parker
02-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi sonyrobocup!

Unauthorized withdrawal/forfeiture of a game is viewed very negatively by the NSWCA. If you miss a game you should ring the arbiter.... or even myself and i could tell the arbiter......I know that I get really frustrated when my opponent doesn't turn up to a State championship round..... I live at Picton so its an hour or so journey each way to not get a game of chess.

If it is a first offence then you will probably only get a warning. If the person keeps offending then a bond of $100 or so will be imposed.

could you please private message me your name?

Trent Parker