PDA

View Full Version : Listen! Let Me Whisper In Your Ear

eclectic
29-01-2004, 09:43 PM
I notice at the top of ChessKit with regard to those chess aphorisms there is sometimes displayed ...

It is your move and ChessKit whispers in your ear

"You have a winning position"

or

You are in a losing position and ChessKit whispers in your ear

"Hang in there"

(quotations probably not exact but you should get the drift)

Surely the opponent could go to Bill Gletsos or Kevin Bonham and object that unwarranted assistance was being given !!!

Also ...

The question of how you "covert" a bad bishop into a good bishop ...

That's why the bad bishop is "covert" ...

no doubt doing something undercover with the actress !!

Furthermore ...

Are the Cardon and Cheron Squares one and the same ?

Finally ...

Re Gerald Abrahams quote

Is a "Strategian" someone from Norway or Glasgow who can think long term ?

:hmm:

eclectic

skip to my lou
29-01-2004, 09:53 PM
The point of this post is...?

Rincewind
29-01-2004, 11:07 PM
The point of this post is...?

Fix the typos in the banner. Don't worry about the pedantic point regarding assistence, that's just a red herring.

However, I noticed it says "whispers in your ears", the expression is with "ear" singular. "Ears" sounds not quite right. Not enough for me to bother mentioning it until eclectic's post reminded me of it.

skip to my lou
29-01-2004, 11:11 PM
I think I made those banners about 4 years ago.

Im not editing till I do a total rewrite of chess kit because I dont have the source files.

Rincewind
29-01-2004, 11:14 PM
I think I made those banners about 4 years ago.

Im not editing till I do a total rewrite of chess kit because I dont have the source files.

:eek: :doh: :hmm: :lol:

Fair enough.

Bereaved
12-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone,

I found this thread title and thought of the Fairground Attraction song, 'Do you want to know a secret?' In which the line, "Listen; let me whisper in your ear, say those words you long to hear, I'm in love with you!!"

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

The funny thing is that I don't understand any of the threads previous posts...can anyone explain??

WhiteElephant
12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I found this thread title and thought of the Fairground Attraction song, 'Do you want to know a secret?' In which the line, "Listen; let me whisper in your ear, say those words you long to hear, I'm in love with you!!"

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

The funny thing is that I don't understand any of the threads previous posts...can anyone explain??

Originally recorded by The Beatles I believe.

I have no idea what eclectic is on about either.