PDA

View Full Version : moderation of Classic Stirs thread

antichrist
31-10-2005, 02:34 PM
[Thread locked as AC keeps confusing it for the actual Classic Stirs thread - mod]

Classic Stirs thread contains posts much more nasty on Peter Parr and Jenni than most recent post, 79 from Elwood Community Bendigo Bank Chess Championship 2005 thread. Peter and Jenni took it like a man but post 79 keeps, for some mysterious reason maybe by RW, getting deleted.

May I have a third party unbiased moderator please?

Rincewind
31-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Classic Stirs thread contains posts much more nasty on Peter Parr and Jenni than most recent post, 158 from Elswood thread. Peter and Jenni took it like a man but post 158 keeps, for some mysterious reason maybe by RW, getting deleted.

May I have a third party unbiased moderator please?

The post is misleading and was rebutted on the thread in question. There is no reason to copy it to another thread to humour one poster. If you don't like it, I can always ban your account... again.

Alan Shore
31-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Dude, post it in the Coffee Lounge - the evil mods can't touch you there. ;)

Mischa
31-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Dinner is definitely off....

Rincewind
31-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Dude, post it in the Coffee Lounge - the evil mods can't touch you there. ;)

Evil admins however...

Seriusly, there is no reason to copy the post needlessly. It was rebutted nithe original thead and should not be copied about to be rebutted elsewhere. If you must just say post whatever in the Elswood[sic] thread.

What is the problem? Someone would think I deleted an original post with all the fuss the precious attention whore is trying to create.

Alan Shore
31-10-2005, 03:02 PM
No, no, no. You can't silence free speech just because you don't like what's being said. You can moderate it on the main BB if it inappropriate but that's why the Coffee Lounge exists.

It is up to the people who hear a comment to make a judgement based upon their own perception of the facts and the degree they trust a person to provide an accurate account.

You DO NOT deny anyone the right to express an opinion in a civilised world - it's the first step back to the dark ages.

So if it was a stupid comment, the person saying it will look stupid, nothing more, nothing less.

Rincewind
31-10-2005, 03:05 PM
So if it was a stupid comment, the person saying it will look stupid, nothing more, nothing less.

I'd better lock this thread before it escalates into a full blown freedom of expression discussion. ;)

I have said my piece. The coffee lounge has been administrated before and may do again.

Alan Shore
31-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I'd better lock this thread before it escalates into a full blown freedom of expression discussion. ;)

Well hey, that's the core issue, isn't it? No one did anything when AC heaps crap on Israelis without justification but as soon as it's something that affects your mates, it's a different story.

How true what Joseph Stalin said... 'You kill one, it is a tragedy. You kill ten million, it is a statistic'.

I have said my piece. The coffee lounge has been administrated before and may do again.

When has it? That's abysmal and against the whole point of the existence of the Coffee Lounge.

Rincewind
31-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Well hey, that's the core issue, isn't it? No one did anything when AC heaps crap on Israelis without justification but as soon as it's something that affects your mates, it's a different story.

How true what Joseph Stalin said... 'You kill one, it is a tragedy. You kill ten million, it is a statistic'.

No. The expression was allowed to remain. AC copying of it would have been a distortion as should have required the rebuttal to be copied as well. Better to just point to the original post in the original thread to avoid problems. This option is still open to him.

When has it? That's abysmal and against the whole point of the existence of the Coffee Lounge.

The details are quite incidental I assure you.

antichrist
31-10-2005, 04:28 PM
If I have Classic Stirs in coffee lounge with "that" stir, is it a barring and for how long?

antichrist
02-11-2005, 02:50 PM
No. The expression was allowed to remain. AC copying of it would have been a distortion as should have required the rebuttal to be copied as well. Better to just point to the original post in the original thread to avoid problems. This option is still open to him.

The details are quite incidental I assure you.

What a pathetic cop-out, and I honour you Belthasar for sticking up for someone else's freedom of speech. Both of your posts are well said.

Rincewind
02-11-2005, 03:21 PM
What a pathetic cop-out, and I honour you Belthasar for sticking up for someone else's freedom of speech. Both of your posts are well said.

Well that is hardly a positive review from a 3rd party as you are the guy that is trying to distort the situation by unnecessarily copying someone else's post.

Like I said, if you want to reference it, do so. But don't cut and paste whole posts unnecessarily. If we do then people will cut and paste the replies and we end up with mass duplication. The idea of threads is to separate and categorise ideas, not convolute them.

antichrist
02-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Well that is hardly a positive review from a 3rd party as you are the guy that is trying to distort the situation by unnecessarily copying someone else's post.

Like I said, if you want to reference it, do so. But don't cut and paste whole posts unnecessarily. If we do then people will cut and paste the replies and we end up with mass duplication. The idea of threads is to separate and categorise ideas, not convolute them.

Another pathetic cop-out. It is the first time this argument has been brought up against including a post in Classic Stirs thread nor best post of year etc. Why don't you just admit the truth that you have a bias as big as Ellie's boobs and that you can't help yourself and so accordingly fall on your own sword and resign any moderatoring position. What a bloody disgrace - and for Belthar to back me up I must be right.

Rincewind
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Another pathetic cop-out. It is the first time this argument has been brought up against including a post in Classic Stirs thread nor best post of year etc. Why don't you just admit the truth that you have a bias as big as Ellie's boobs and that you can't help yourself and so accordingly fall on your own sword and resign any moderatoring position. What a bloody disgrace - and for Belthar to back me up I must be right.

It disappoints me that when logic fails you resort to ad hominum attacks. I expected better from a self-proclaimed rationalist.

antichrist
02-11-2005, 06:55 PM
People who use hyprocrisy can't expect any respect - you can use all the fancy words you like. I am already expecting the same reply.
Again - you leave completely too much to be desired. RESIGN.

Rincewind
02-11-2005, 06:58 PM
People who use hyprocrisy can't expect any respect - you can use all the fancy words you like. I am already expecting the same reply.
Again - you leave completely too much to be desired. RESIGN.

Sorry, AC. I'm the check that keeps you in balance. ;)

You have issued the ultimatum. The question remains, however, what is the threat?

antichrist
02-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Sorry, AC. I'm the check that keeps you in balance. ;)

You have issued the ultimatum. The question remains, however, what is the threat?

That is your question: will I be barred for reposting 79 and the associated poll and for how long?

Rincewind
02-11-2005, 07:03 PM
That is your question: will I be barred for reposting 79 and the associated poll and for how long?

Whatever takes my fancy at the time. Remember this is not about a dislike of you but saving the labour of the moderators. The more work you generate the less favourable your position and the harsher the penalty.

antichrist
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Whatever takes my fancy at the time. Remember this is not about a dislike of you but saving the labour of the moderators. The more work you generate the less favourable your position and the harsher the penalty.

You would have no support of other moderators - prove otherwise!

Not a dislike of me but protecting a biased position of yourself. Let go of it.

Rincewind
11-11-2005, 02:45 PM
AC banned for 1 day due to repeated copying of a message to his pet thread.

ElevatorEscapee
15-11-2005, 07:59 PM
One day, this could all be made into a "Stir Wars" saga...

four four two
15-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes, one installment could be called "Attack of the Clowns". ;)

ursogr8
20-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Whatever happened to the CLASSIC smiley, btw?
(http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=89214&postcount=81)