PDA

View Full Version : Elwood Community Bendigo Bank Chess Championship 2005

Bereaved
14-10-2005, 03:55 AM
The Elwood Community Bendigo Bank Chess Championship 2005 is a new initiative which has been organised by Barboros Kara, a local businessman, and an active Victorian player, and a good friend of mine. He has done a great job securing the support of the Elwood Community Bendigo Bank branch. This relationship with the Bendigo Bank is of great benefit for chess within the inner Melbourne area, not merely Elwood.

I will post a link to the official website at the bottom, but will paste the body of the text here.

Elwood Community
Bendigo Bank
Chess Championship 2005

29th October to 1st November, 2005

A FIDE Rated Event

Elwood Primary School, Scott Street, Elwood

Proudly sponsored by:

The Bendigo Bank
Australia's most sucessful community bank.

Additional Sponsors:
Chief Arbiter: IA Gary Bekker: gbekker@mira.net

Prizes:

1st - $2000 (Guaranteed)
2nd - $1000
3rd - $500

Rating Prizes: U/2000, U/1600, U/1200:

1st - $100
2nd - $50.

Junior Prizes: U/18, U/14, U/12:

1st - Chess World Book Voucher

Tournament Format: 7 round Swiss tournamnent.

Time Control: 90 minutes, plus 30 seconds per move. (edit, Macavity: this means that players are required to record all of their moves throughout the game.)

Entry fees: $60 full. $40 concession. $10 surcharge for entries on the day.

Also of especial note is the fact that players who open an account with the Bendigo Bank branch in Elwood before the tournament will be eligible to receive a $5 rebate on their entry fee during the weekend of the tournament upon production of the proof of their new account. This is a form of incentive for showing support to the sponsors of this event, the Elwood Community Bendigo Bank. The chess community should consider matters of sponsorship such as this seriously as we would not want to sour a potentially long lasting relationship. I found the fact of this discount's existence from Barboros, over the phone from Sydney - Macavity

Tournament Schedule:

Saturday 29th Oct:
Opening - 12:00 pm
Round 1 - 12:30 pm
Round 2 - 5:00 pm

Sunday 30th Oct:
Round 3 - 9:30 am
Round 4 - 2:00 pm
Round 5 - 6:30 pm

Tuesday 1st Nov:
Round 6 - 9:30 am
Round 7 - 2:00 pm
Prizes - 6:30 pm

For more details contact:
Barbaros Kara,
E-mail: j.kara@global1t.com
Mobile: 0401 572-549

The website is http://www.auschess.org.au/oceania/elwood/

I would strongly urge anyone able to play to do so to support this new event in its first year. MCC is not running their event on this weekend now, and will be directing any enquiries about this event to Barboros, Gary, or anyone else who ends up in their team of organisers, to ensure the best turnout possible.

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Mischa
14-10-2005, 08:08 AM
I understand this event is to be FIDE rated?

WhiteElephant
14-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Excellent effort from Barbaros to secure sponsorship. :clap:

It is good to see Elwood Chess Club doing well - nice club rooms and very friendly place.

ursogr8
14-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Best of luck with this.

Are you sending us flyers to display on the notice-board at the club rooms. (If not, I will print post #1).

starter

Bereaved
14-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Hello, everyone,
Perhaps the website version is more visually appealling in some ways for the sponsor, starter? It certainly has the Bendigo Bank, ACF and FIDE logos within the site, which I have attempted to replicate in my post to a greater ( or lesser!!) extent.

As far as the provision of fliers to individual clubs for their members, I don't know what plans are being made, as I am not one of the official organisers (yet) but have been unable to contact Barboros this morning yet. This inability to contact him has led to my uncertainty of the FIDE rating of this event, though we have spoken of it, and I had understood it to be his desire for it to be so rated, but things can change...

Will let everyone when I know more,

Oh, and BTW White Elephant, the flier clearly states that the venue for the event is Elwood Primary, not the club rooms at Tennyson street; I agree that the loveliness of their meeting place is unquestioned, just wanted you and any others who may get confused about this point to be correct in your beliefs.

once again, yours, M

Bereaved
14-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Hello, everyone,

I have just concluded what promises to be a series of conversations regarding this event with Barboros, who is in Sydney. Fortuitously, we are going to be still within the window of my ability to edit my posts to this point when some important information is to be Emailed to me.

Most important of all, above and beyond all else is (gulp...) the Tournament has been advertised on the net and here with...the wrong name.

The official name of the tournament is :
Elwood Community Bendigo Bank
Chess Championship 2005

Apologies to all for the errors, and I am looking forward to amending them soon,

Mischa
14-10-2005, 11:56 AM
my initial conversations with Barboros some weeks ago when the idea was first discussed was that the event was most DEFINITELY FIDE rated.
Last week when we again discussed the different venues the event was still to be FIDE rated...what has changed?

DoroPhil
14-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Go Barbaros!

Good luck with it, nice to see Elwood chess club alive and kicking again.

Probably, should stress that the venue is not the usual premises.

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
14-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes, good luck to Elwood Chess Club.

It's good to see that a relatively new face in Barbaros Kara has found the energy and time to create something as promising as this tournament. That he expects to become father in the not too distant future and is busy preparing tenders and meeting orders for his own computer supply business makes his achievement is organising sponsorship for this (with the help, no doubt, of other Elwood Chess Club members, such as Tony Wright and Metin Mustafa) all the more impressive.

MCC News' knowledge of the tournament is a bit sketchy. Like Macavity, MCC News was pulled aside by Barbaros one day at the MCC and informed that this was being planned. Without wishing to pre-empt any developments, MCC News was informed that, among others, GM Johansen, IMs Sandler, Froehlich and West and FMs Baron and Depasquale were all being sounded out to participate. The tournament should prove to be a great lead-up for those who wish to build a bit of form for the Aus Champs and the Queenstown event.

MCC News encourages all chess players able to attend to support this event. The only down-side is that the MCC is now not going to hold its Melbourne Cup Weekender. Let's hope that its Xmas Swiss tournament is a great success.

MCC News.

PS. Another great November weekender to look forward to is the Hobsons Bay Best in the West tournament. I don't have the details to hand. If it's still proceeding, someone should start a thread on that as well.

Leonid Sandler
14-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Well done Elwood chess club !I will be participating in the tournament and would recomend to all my students to play.I hope and believe that event will be highly succesfull.

Mischa
14-10-2005, 05:08 PM
James is certainly going to play!!! It is his Club!!!

Bereaved
14-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello, Everyone,

The flier for the event that is to be distributed, is a PDF file and requires Adobe Acrobat or something like it to read; it is also too big to attach here on this site.

As such I have created a word document with the information from the webpage contained within it.

If anyone wants the official flier, PM me and I will email it to you

PS most, if not all, errors corrected at the official page

Rincewind
14-10-2005, 06:23 PM
The flyer for Elwood Community Bendigo Bank Chess Championship 2005 is available here (http://dreadnought.bjcox.com/downloads/Elwood_Weekender.pdf)

Please let me know if you find access to it painfully slow.

Frank Walker
16-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Very interesting
1st prize 2000 dollars
2nd 1000$
3rd 500$

U2000,1600,1200
1st-100$ 2nd-50 dollars

u18,14,12 Coucher/book prizes

Elwood Primary School
Scott St, Elwood

7 rounds
Fide and ACF rated
90:30
60$ entry
40$ entry concession
-5 bendigo bank customers
-5 Chess kids Elite members
+10 Entries on the day

Coverage: www.auschess.org.au/oceania/elwood

SATURDAY 29, 30 and 1st november (CUP DAY)

Phone entries 95768177 (bh)

Enquires
j.kara@global1t.com

ElevatorEscapee
16-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Very interesting indeed!

Apparently Bendigo Bank can sponsor a chess tournament in Elwood. :)

But have never sponsored a chess tournament in Bendigo! WTF???? :eek:

Bereaved
16-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi Frank,

there is a thread at the base of this page on this topic.

perhaps someone might merge the two???? please?

Spiny Norman
16-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Very interesting indeed!
Have you asked them? The rule is "You gotta ask first!".

Bereaved
16-10-2005, 11:50 PM
hello Everyone,

This is a bump to ensure that the posts regarding this event are in the appropriate thread,

hoping that this clarifies my earlier cross post pollination

ElevatorEscapee
17-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Congratulations Kara :-)

I can't wait for the day when the "Elwood Community Bank" sponsors a chess tournament in Bendigo! :lol: :owned:

terminator
18-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Very interesting indeed!

hello nik

Mischa
18-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually this particular branch is well known for their generosity in sponsering local community
They are to be commended...not critisized!!!!

Mischa
19-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Bump...

Libby
19-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Very interesting indeed!

We actually have "Bendigo Bank" in Canberra. Only a couple - one happens to be in our suburb.

Although we are not even customers ourselves, they did sponsor Kayleigh with $500 when she went overseas. They appear to have a clear brief to actively support the local community in which each "community bank" is based. The managers appear to have a lot of say in what goes through (although not the final rubber stamp).

We still have their (semi-) giant cheque up on Kayleigh's wall.

After fundraising over $5000 for her trip the answer is to ask ... and ask someone else ... and ask about 500 someone else's. If you roll over and play dead the first time somebody says "no" - you won't ever win with sponsorship.

four four two
19-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Never a truer word spoken Libby,if you ask the worse they can say is no.
Now if only the ACF would implement this lesson. :whistle:

ElevatorEscapee
20-10-2005, 09:09 PM
hello nik
He he he, I am not Mr G! :lol: But hello to you too Arnie! ;)

The "Community Bank" project has apparently been a great success for the Bendigo Bank: not only by filling in an area of need when the major banks shut down their branches in small country towns, (and later in large country towns and metropolitan suburbs). Each Community Bank Branch being able to give back some of the profits into their local community.

Have you asked them? The rule is "You gotta ask first!".

Of course I haven't asked them! However, I suspect that even if I did, the Elwood Bendigo Community Bank branch would be reluctant to sponsor a tournament so far away from their home base. ;)

Actually this particular branch is well known for their generosity in sponsering local community
They are to be commended...not critisized!!!!

I thoroughly commend "this particular branch" for supporting chess and their local community (there should be more of it from banks!) and I frown on any who critizise them. (And it is good not to see anybody criticizing them here. However, I fear that my observation may have been misinterpreted as criticism, and to those who may feel slighted, I apologize wholeheartedly. :))

We actually have "Bendigo Bank" in Canberra. Only a couple - one happens to be in our suburb.

Although we are not even customers ourselves, they did sponsor Kayleigh with $500 when she went overseas. They appear to have a clear brief to actively support the local community in which each "community bank" is based. The managers appear to have a lot of say in what goes through (although not the final rubber stamp).

We still have their (semi-) giant cheque up on Kayleigh's wall.

Err, so you never deposited it? ;)

After fundraising over $5000 for her trip the answer is to ask ... and ask someone else ... and ask about 500 someone else's. If you roll over and play dead the first time somebody says "no" - you won't ever win with sponsorship.

Thanks for that inspirational post Libby. :D I suspect that every chess organizer worth his or her salt and seeking funding who reads this post will now head first to their local Bendigo Bank Community Branch with cap in hand. :)

Never a truer word spoken Libby,if you ask the worse they can say is no.
Now if only the ACF would implement this lesson.

An interesting comment fourfy... I remember as a young chessplayer reading Peter Parr's magazine that every couple of years the ACF would put on an appeal for donations for the poor Chess Olympiad participants who "didn't receive government funding or coporate sponsorship".

I believed that for quite a while, and sometimes would send in a few cents here and there.

Then somebody wrote to his "local member", asking why the Australian Chess Federation didn't receive Government funding from the Department of Sport & Recreation. There was a bit of a storm in an herbal teacup when the response came back: "they haven't applied". :eek:! :lol:

ChessGuru
20-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I should also mention the considerable sponsorship being provided by

CHESS WORLD

Of course thanks again to CHESS WORLD for their continued support of chess in Victoria and throughout Australia. They support other clubs and weekend events, particularly:
Ballarat Begonia Open
Drouin Open

four four two
21-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Actually,Elevator escapee,there was a time in 1980's when the ACF did get government funding but it ending up going sour.Alot of water has passed under the bridge since then,so there is no need for the ACF to feel "reluctant" nowadays. ;)

Bereaved
21-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Subsequent to the first mass printing of fliers to this tournament it was decided by Barboros Kara to reset the prizes to the three rating groups, that being an under 2000, under 1600 and under 1200 divisions, to 1st $300 and 2nd $150 within each division.

He asked that this be made known here, and is obviously a recognition that the players must all play for something.

All other prizes remain as previously advertised,

Hope to see you there!

Mischa
21-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Sandler, Johansen, Froehlich, Baron, Depasquale, Guthrie are all definites, and West is 99%, and Rujevic is 70% and Smerdon is I hear about 90%, I've heard said that Jordan was almost certainly playing, and FM Igor Bjelobrk is playing. We are trying to contact Erik Teichmann,......

Mischa
21-10-2005, 10:35 PM
with thanks Macavity

Mischa
21-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Can I add...Morris and SChon

Mischa
21-10-2005, 10:36 PM
and Hacche

Leonid Sandler
22-10-2005, 09:21 PM
With one week before start of the tournament its shaping up to be second strongest weekender in Australia in 2005.Ten titled players confirmed their participation so far ,international grandmaster D.Johansen ,five international masters and four Fide masters,not to mention im strenght I.Bjelobrk.With only three weeks of advertising it is all very impressive.I am recomending to all my students and generally all chess public to support the event which (I heard )can be traditional.

Oepty
23-10-2005, 04:56 PM
This is looking to an excellent tournament. Congratulations to the organisers on getting this together.
There is also at least one Bendigo Bank branch here in Adelaide. Perhaps I should try and get some money for a tournament myself.
Scott

Frank Walker
23-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Any Interstate/International Competitors?

Mischa
23-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Aaron Guthrie from Adelaide

Frank Walker
23-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Maybe Im a bit ambitious about internationals....
Anyway hope there are more interstate players, should have given earlier notice.

Oepty
24-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Maybe Im a bit ambitious about internationals....
Anyway hope there are more interstate players, should have given earlier notice.

Froehlich and Bjelobrk are internationals, at least that is what I would be telling the media if there was going to be any media coverage and they were happy with it. Wohl was called a German in NZ this year in the coverage of their championships.
Scott

Gringo
24-10-2005, 09:37 PM
when Alex snaps, he can be a tad Fuhreresque.....

four four two
25-10-2005, 02:32 AM
NZ lists Wohl as a German? :hmm: Well considering FIDE lists him as an Australian and he has played on our Olmpiad team it shows that those sheep huggers cant read! :lol:

Oepty
25-10-2005, 06:57 PM
NZ lists Wohl as a German? :hmm: Well considering FIDE lists him as an Australian and he has played on our Olmpiad team it shows that those sheep huggers cant read! :lol:

As I understand they did it to help with the media coverage because he apparently spends alot of time there. They do know he is really Australian.
Scott

Mischa
25-10-2005, 08:53 PM
To get back on thread...

RADIO INTERVIEW WITH DARRYL JOHANNSON ON 95.1 FM AT 6.45 TOMORROW MORNING!!!!

Take note future maybe sponsers of advertising opportunity!

Mischa
25-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Canteen will also be available during the tounament....update later

DoroPhil
26-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Can we have an updated list of all the over2000 rated people who entered? Must prepare!

Bereaved
28-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Good evening all,

I received an email from Barboros today with the current field at that point,

The email's attachment made no mention of Erik Teichmann (2373) as a competitor, but I am sure that Barboros told me that he is playing, here is the field, sorted by rating order:

1. Johansen, Darryl K VIC 2460
2. Bjelobrk, Igor VIC 2423
3. Smerdon, David C VIC 2418
4. Goldenberg, Igor VIC 2378
5. Froehlich, Peter VIC 2376
6. West, Guy VIC 2369
7. Sandler, Leonid VIC 2324
8. Depasquale, Chris J VIC 2291
9. Baron, Michael VIC 2260
10. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2221
11. Guthrie, Aaron SA 2189
12. Hislop, James K SA 2155
13. Dragicevic, Domagoj VIC 2106
14. Hacche, David J VIC 2084
15. Skiotis, Pano VIC 2050
16. Lojanica, Milenko VIC 2043
17. Pyke, Malcolm L VIC 2005
18. Wallis, Christopher VIC 2003
19. Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija VIC 1997
20. Stead, Kerry VIC 1964
21. Lojanica, Zdravko VIC 1923
22. Kildisas, Victor E VIC 1914
23. Ly, Thai VIC 1910
24. Tsagarakis, Angelo VIC 1859
25. Voon, Richard VIC 1852
26. Rothlisberger, Marcel VIC 1831
27. Kalisch, Thomas VIC 1790
28. Hilliard, Geoffrey VIC 1763
29. Wolf, Peter VIC 1762
30. Kara, Barbaros VIC 1756
31. Frost, Peter VIC 1754
32. Roberts, Mark S VIC 1737
33. Matelan, Anton VIC 1723
34. Morris, James VIC 1673
35. Brockman, Roland VIC 1614
36. Bultman, Grant VIC 1582
37. Schon, Eugene VIC 1555
38. Stanisheff, Alex VIC 1550
39. Wertheim, Stephen VIC 1541
40. Yu, Derek VIC 1520
41. Reid, Bill VIC 1503
42. Faust, Siegfried VIC 1502
43. Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1469
44. Steel, Michael NSW 1439
45. Tang, Jason VIC 1366
46. Dalton, Samuel VIC 1348
47. Spencer, Anthony G VIC 1336
48. Kostrzewa, Jake VIC 1316
49. Mustafa, Metin VIC 1289
50. Dalton, Joshua VIC 1265
51. Dalton, Laurie VIC 1233
52. Beet, Cameron VIC 1219
53. Zacharczenko, Vladimir VIC 1133
54. Cameron, James VIC 1121
55. Kenmure, Jamie VIC 1102
56. Yu, Sally VIC 1073
57. Wicks, Michael VIC 897
58. Toper, David VIC 796
59. Antolis, Cedric
60. Bean, Graham
61. Buda, Alexander VIC
62. Hodge, Fred VIC
63. Hopkins, Rhys VIC
64. Kordes, David
65. Litviak, Daniel
66. Podvorac, Zeljko VIC
67. Pramod, T.G.
68. Sunder, Vijay VIC

The following are players who appear on the master file, but as are yet unrated.

61. Buda, Alexander VIC
62. Hodge, Fred VIC
63. Hopkins, Rhys VIC
66. Podvorac, Zeljko VIC
68. Sunder, Vijay VIC

This player is currently playing in the Dandenong Club Championships, and is on 3.5/4. He is really quite strong.

67. Pramod, T.G.

These players are unknowns to me.

64. Kordes, David
65. Litviak, Daniel
59. Antolis, Cedric
60. Bean, Graham

I hope that this helps people with their knowledge of the field, remember it is still not too late to enter, So I'll wish all the competitor's luck and hope to see you there as one of them,

Rincewind
28-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Starts this weekend!

Watto
28-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Hi, looks like a great tournament, would love to play in it. Elwood's a lovely suburb- my old neighbourhood.

Just a small point- Guy West won't be playing. He was always an uncertain entry and unfortunately is definitely unable to make it- Barbaros knows.

Cheers
Watto.

ursogr8
28-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Good evening all,

I received an email from Barboros today with the current field at that point,

The email's attachment made no mention of Erik Teichmann (2373) as a competitor, but I am sure that Barboros told me that he is playing, here is the field, sorted by rating order:

<snip>
Take care <snip>, Macavity

Sensational stuff mac. Well done to the organisers.

The list contains 18 players rated over 2000. In comparison to the VIC OPEN w/e which had 12.
Would be interesting to compare with NSW and Ballarat.

regards, and good luck,
starter

four four two
28-10-2005, 09:25 AM
James Hislop has been playing in Melbourne for nearly a year now,including the state championships.I would hope his state listing would change from SA to VIC in the next rating list. ;)

Mischa
28-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Canteen will include (we hope)..
chips and chocolate
soft drink, juice
tea and coffee
toasted sandwiches
hotdogs
soup
salad sandwiches
cake
I think...
as soon as I get around to making them

Bill Gletsos
28-10-2005, 12:31 PM
This player is currently playing in the Dandenong Club Championships, and is on 3.5/4. He is really quite strong.

67. Pramod, T.G. What do the initials T.G. stand for?

Davidflude
28-10-2005, 01:48 PM
The tournament seems to have a fair share of over rated wood ducks for the Box Hill Juniors to steal rating points from.

I will probably be arriving with two more Box Hill players tomorrow morning so this
adds one more wood duck to the field.

Hot tip - the bookies are planning to really take the mug punters on Tuesday.

firegoat7
28-10-2005, 02:56 PM
The tournament seems to have a fair share of over rated wood ducks for the Box Hill Juniors to steal rating points from.

I will probably be arriving with two more Box Hill players tomorrow morning so this
adds one more wood duck to the field.

Hot tip - the bookies are planning to really take the mug punters on Tuesday.

Well put your money where your mouth is and name the ducks!

cheers Fg7

Bereaved
28-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Hello, Bill,

I think that the T stands for Throl, but may be wrong; as it is, in the excel file sent to me he was listed as Promod Throl, but this is likely to be a incorrect sequence of the names and of the spelling of the surname. As such, this is my best answer at this point. I would estimate his rating at 17-1800, though it may be more. You would have received the files for the Dandenong Grades B grade section last list, I believe he was =1st in that group with Matthew Potter,

PS everyone else, will be ringing Barboros now to determine if there are any more names to be added at present.

Mischa
28-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Box Hill Juniors???
There are other juniors you know

Duff McKagan
28-10-2005, 08:20 PM
James Hislop has been playing in Melbourne for nearly a year now,including the state championships.I would hope his state listing would change from SA to VIC in the next rating list. ;)

So he is permanently in Melbourne now you mean? Otherwise what major difference does it make?

Bereaved
28-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Good evening all,

I have recently spoken to Barboros Kara, who is at the venue at the moment.

Firstly,and for some most importantly, the previously stipulated $10 late entry fee for entries on the day has been waived for all who enter tomorrow, so that may encourage anyone who was undecided as to whether they would play, because they had not entered yet, to reconsider.

Secondly, although the stipulated address of the venue is Scott Street, Elwood, Barboros has now advised me that the school is located between Scott Street and Poet Street. By coming along Poet Street, and turning into the car park within the school grounds, near to the big hall, which is the venue for the event, will simplify the process of finding a car park. He believed there should be enough for all competitors, though having not seen the venue myself, don't quote me on that.

I think that Barboros has done a magnificent job and I personally look forward to a very exciting event, I am sure all who are playing do the same,

Hopefully, see you tomorrow,

Oh and seeing as we have been advised that West is not playing, and the other higher rated player that I have been told is playing Hendrik Tabatt, is not on the previous list, nor David Flude, or his Box Hill juniors (x ?), here is the list again with those I have the names for, and with the above amendments. Anyone who is here is welcome to post either a correction as Watto did, or an addition, and I will correct things at that point if it is not too late, M

6. Sandler, Leonid VIC 2324
7. Depasquale, Chris J VIC 2291
8. Baron, Michael VIC 2260
9. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2221
10. Guthrie, Aaron SA 2189
11. Tabatt, Hendrik OS 2157
20. Stead, Kerry VIC 1964
21. Lojanica, Zdravko VIC 1923
22. Kildisas, Victor E VIC 1914
23. Ly, Thai VIC 1910
24. Tsagarakis, Angelo VIC 1859
25. Voon, Richard VIC 1852
26. Rothlisberger, Marcel VIC 1831
27. Kalisch, Thomas VIC 1790
28. Hilliard, Geoffrey VIC 1763
29. Wolf, Peter VIC 1762
30. Kara, Barbaros VIC 1756
31. Frost, Peter VIC 1754
32. Roberts, Mark S VIC 1737
33. Matelan, Anton VIC 1723
34. Flude, David A VIC 1705
35. Morris, James VIC 1673
36. Brockman, Roland VIC 1614
37. Bultman, Grant VIC 1582
38. Schon, Eugene VIC 1555
39. Stanisheff, Alex VIC 1550
40. Wertheim, Stephen VIC 1541
41. Yu, Derek VIC 1520
42. Reid, Bill VIC 1503
43. Faust, Siegfried VIC 1502
44. Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1469
45. Steel, Michael NSW 1439
46. Tang, Jason VIC 1366
47. Dalton, Samuel VIC 1348
48. Spencer, Anthony G VIC 1336
49. Kostrzewa, Jake VIC 1316
50. Mustafa, Metin VIC 1289
51. Dalton, Joshua VIC 1265
52. Dalton, Laurie VIC 1233
53. Beet, Cameron VIC 1219
54. Zacharczenko, Vladimir VIC 1133
55. Cameron, James VIC 1121
56. Kenmure, Jamie VIC 1102
57. Yu, Sally VIC 1073
58. Wicks, Michael VIC 897
59. Toper, David VIC 796
60. Antolis, Cedric
61. Bean, Graham
62. Buda, Alexander VIC
63. Hodge, Fred VIC
64. Hopkins, Rhys VIC
65. Kordes, David
66. Litviak, Daniel
67. Podvorac, Zeljko VIC
68. Pramod, T.G.
69. Sunder, Vijay VIC

And again, yours, Macavity

Bereaved
29-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Have had a few additions rung through to me by Barboros, any others will be added tomorrow, as I am soon to bed.

Field as of Midnight, Saturday 29th October
( some more possibles, but unknown how many)

6. Sandler, Leonid VIC 2324
7. Depasquale, Chris J VIC 2291
8. Baron, Michael VIC 2260
9. Rujevic, Mirko VIC 2221
10. Guthrie, Aaron SA 2189
11. Tabatt, Hendrik OS 2157
20. Flitney, Adrian SA 1990
21. Stead, Kerry VIC 1964
22. Lojanica, Zdravko VIC 1923
23. Kildisas, Victor E VIC 1914
24. Ly, Thai VIC 1910
25. Tsagarakis, Angelo VIC 1859
26. Voon, Richard VIC 1852
27. Rothlisberger, Marcel VIC 1831
28. Kalisch, Thomas VIC 1790
29. Bowen, Leon QLD 1765
30. Hilliard, Geoffrey VIC 1763
31. Wolf, Peter VIC 1762
32. Kara, Barbaros VIC 1756
33. Frost, Peter VIC 1754
34. Roberts, Mark S VIC 1737
35. Matelan, Anton VIC 1723
36. Flude, David A VIC 1705
37. Morris, James VIC 1673
38. Szuveges, Narelle S VIC 1673
39. Macgregor, Angus J VIC 1638
40. Brockman, Roland VIC 1614
41. Bultman, Grant VIC 1582
42. Ghobrial, Adel VIC 1560
43. Schon, Eugene VIC 1555
44. Stanisheff, Alex VIC 1550
45. Wertheim, Stephen VIC 1541
46. Yu, Derek VIC 1520
47. Glenton, Alan VIC 1510
48. Reid, Bill VIC 1503
49. Faust, Siegfried VIC 1502
50. Ivanov, Nikola VIC 1469
51. Steel, Michael NSW 1439
52. Tang, Jason VIC 1366
53. Dalton, Samuel VIC 1348
54. Spencer, Anthony G VIC 1336
55. Kostrzewa, Jake VIC 1316
56. Mustafa, Metin VIC 1289
57. Dalton, Joshua VIC 1265
58. Dalton, Laurie VIC 1233
59. Beet, Cameron VIC 1219
60. Smith, Wendy VIC 1210
61. Zacharczenko, Vladimir VIC 1133
62. Cameron, James VIC 1121
63. Kenmure, Jamie VIC 1102
64. Bhattacharya, Devraj VIC 1085
65. Yu, Sally VIC 1073
66. Wicks, Michael VIC 897
67. Toper, David VIC 796
68. Antolis, Cedric
69. Au, Denis
70. Bean, Graham
71. Buda, Alexander VIC
72. Elmer, Anthony
73. Hodge, Fred VIC
74. Hopkins, Rhys VIC
75. Kordes, David
76. Litviak, Daniel
77. Podvorac, Zeljko VIC
78. Pramod, T.G.
79. Scott, Kate
80. Sunder, Vijay VIC

Frank Walker
29-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Hopefully there will be more han 80 players for suchan event!

Oepty
29-10-2005, 02:24 PM
So he is permanently in Melbourne now you mean? Otherwise what major difference does it make?

I believe Hislop is now living and working in Melbourne for a reasonable time, or at least that was his intention before he left SA.
Scott

Mischa
29-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Wonderful day at Elwood even if my feet are killing me..........(and my kid did his new first round trick of losing to a significantly lower rated player!!!!)

Mischa
29-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh....90 players I think

Frank Walker
29-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Did he purposely lose?

Mischa
29-10-2005, 09:54 PM
ummm that is a real question?
No...
and then he drew round two!
He blundered and was outplayed.

jay_vee
29-10-2005, 10:07 PM
ummm that is a real question?

There is a thing called the "swiss gambit", where you lose or draw the first round on purpose in order to get worse opponents in future rounds and score better overall. Not advisable, imho, but some would disagree.

Bereaved
29-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Hello everyone,

This data is of course up at Gary Bekker's website, but here it is anyway

Standings

Place Name Feder Rtg Loc Score M-Buch. Buch. Progr.

1-20 Hacche, David J AUS 2187 2084 2 1.5 4.5 5.0
Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 2399 2423 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Sandler, Leonid AUS 2381 2324 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Froehlich, Peter GER 2360 2376 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Goldenberg, Igor AUS 2335 2378 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Baron, Michael AUS 2320 2260 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Depasquale, Chris J AUS 2309 2291 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Tabatt, Hendrik GER 2223 2157 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 2126 2005 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 2122 1997 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Voon, Richard AUS 2090 1852 2 1.0 4.0 5.0
Johansen, Darryl K AUS 2462 2460 2 1.0 3.5 5.0
Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 2135 2106 2 1.0 3.5 5.0
Stirling, Nathan AUS 2087 2021 2 1.0 3.5 5.0
Smerdon, David C AUS 2421 2418 2 1.0 3.0 5.0
Guthrie, Aaron AUS 2257 2189 2 1.0 3.0 5.0
Rujevic, Mirko AUS 2247 2221 2 1.0 3.0 5.0
Wallis, Christopher AUS 2114 2003 2 1.0 3.0 5.0
Lojanica, Milenko BIH 2112 2043 2 1.0 3.0 5.0
Bowen, Leon AUS 1765 2 1.0 3.0 5.0
21-22 Pramod, T.G. AUS 1.5 1.5 4.0 4.0
Stead, Kerry AUS 2056 1964 1.5 1.0 3.5 4.0
23-64 Skiotis, Pano AUS 2178 2050 1 1.5 4.5 3.0
Kildisas, Victor E AUS 2056 1914 1 1.5 3.5 3.0
Matelan, Anton AUS 1723 1 1.5 3.5 2.0
Flitney, Adrian AUS 1990 1 1.0 4.0 3.0
Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 1859 1 1.0 4.0 3.0
Kara, Barbaros AUS 1756 1 1.0 4.0 3.0
Dalton, Samuel AUS 1348 1 1.0 4.0 2.0
Dalton, Laurie AUS 1233 1 1.0 4.0 2.0
Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 1923 1 1.0 3.5 3.0
Hilliard, Geoffrey AUS 1763 1 1.0 3.5 3.0
Zileski, George AUS 1743 1 1.0 3.5 3.0
Sucevic, Milic AUS 1610 1 1.0 3.5 3.0
Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 1084 1 1.0 3.5 3.0
Sunder, Vijay AUS 1 1.0 3.5 2.0
Ly, Thai AUS 2051 1910 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Roberts, Mark S AUS 1972 1737 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 1895 1673 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Schon, Eugene AUS 1790 1555 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Brockman, Roland AUS 1784 1614 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Hislop, James K AUS 2155 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 1831 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Wolf, Peter AUS 1762 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Macgregor, Angus J AUS 1638 1 1.0 3.0 3.0
Bultman, Grant AUS 1582 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Stanisheff, Alex AUS 1550 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Wertheim, Stephen AUS 1541 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Meldau, Henning AUS 1527 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Yu, Derek AUS 1520 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Glenton, Alan AUS 1510 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Reid, Bill AUS 1503 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Stones, Douglas AUS 1460 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Spencer, Anthony G AUS 1336 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Hogan, Steven AUS 1321 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Dalton, Joshua AUS 1265 1 1.0 3.0 2.0
Flude, David A AUS 1788 1 1.0 2.5 3.0
Beet, Cameron AUS 1219 1 1.0 2.5 2.0
Tang, Jason AUS 1366 1 1.0 2.0 2.0
Antolis, Cedric AUS 1 1.0 2.0 2.0
Au, Denis AUS 1 1.0 2.0 2.0
Podvorac, Zeljko AUS 1 1.0 2.0 2.0
Frost, Peter AUS 1942 1754 1 0.5 2.0 2.5
Hopkins, Rhys AUS 1 0.5 1.5 2.0
65-66 Cameron, James AUS 1121 0.5 1.0 3.5 1.5
Morris, James AUS 1865 1673 0.5 1.0 2.0 1.0
67-86 Steel, Michael AUS 1439 0 1.5 1.5 0.0
Graham, Beau AUS 0 1.5 1.5 0.0
Litviak, Daniel AUS 0 1.5 1.5 0.0
Ghobrial, Adel AUS 1560 0 1.0 3.5 0.0
Faust, Siegfried AUS 1502 0 1.0 3.0 0.0
Ivanov, Nikola AUS 1469 0 1.0 3.0 0.0
Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 1316 0 1.0 3.0 0.0
Mustafa, Metin AUS 1289 0 1.0 3.0 0.0
Hodge, Fred AUS 0 1.0 3.0 0.0
Smith, Wendy AUS 1210 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Sanderson, Paul AUS 1191 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 1133 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Kenmure, Jamie AUS 1102 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Yu, Sally AUS 1073 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Wicks, Michael AUS 897 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Toper, David AUS 796 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Buda, Alexander AUS 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Elmer, Anthony AUS 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Kordes, David AUS 0 1.0 2.0 0.0
Scott, Kate AUS 0 1.0 2.0 0.0

Pairings Round 3

No Name Loc Total Result Name Loc Total

1 Hacche, David J 2084 [2] : Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [2]
2 Smerdon, David C 2418 [2] : Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [2]
3 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [2] : Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [2]
4 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [2] : Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2]
5 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [2] : Froehlich, Peter 2376 [2]
6 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [2] : Wallis, Christopher 2003 [2]
7 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [2] : Baron, Michael 2260 [2]
8 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [2] : Voon, Richard 1852 [2]
9 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [2] : Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [2]
10 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [2] : Bowen, Leon 1765 [2]
11 Pramod, T.G. [1.5] : Skiotis, Pano 2050 [1]
12 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [1] : Stead, Kerry 1964 [1.5]
13 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [1] : Ly, Thai 1910 [1]
14 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [1] : Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [1]
15 Meldau, Henning 1527 [1] : Frost, Peter 1754 [1]
16 Glenton, Alan 1510 [1] : Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [1]
17 Schon, Eugene 1555 [1] : Yu, Derek 1520 [1]
18 Stones, Douglas 1460 [1] : Brockman, Roland 1614 [1]
19 Hislop, James K 2155 [1] : Reid, Bill 1503 [1]
20 Tang, Jason 1366 [1] : Flitney, Adrian 1990 [1]
21 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1] : Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [1]
22 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1] : Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [1]
23 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [1] : Hogan, Steven 1321 [1]
24 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [1] : Flude, David A 1788 [1]
25 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [1] : Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [1]
26 Wolf, Peter 1762 [1] : Au, Denis [1]
27 Beet, Cameron 1219 [1] : Kara, Barbaros 1756 [1]
28 Zileski, George 1743 [1] : Sunder, Vijay [1]
29 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1] : Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [1]
30 Antolis, Cedric [1] : Sucevic, Milic 1610 [1]
31 Bultman, Grant 1582 [1] : Podvorac, Zeljko [1]
32 Hopkins, Rhys [1] : Cameron, James 1121 [.5]
33 Morris, James 1673 [.5] : Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [0]
34 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [0] : Toper, David 796 [0]
35 Yu, Sally 1073 [0] : Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [0]
36 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [0] : Buda, Alexander [0]
37 Wicks, Michael 897 [0] : Mustafa, Metin 1289 [0]
38 Elmer, Anthony [0] : Smith, Wendy 1210 [0]
39 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [0] : Hodge, Fred [0]
40 Kordes, David [0] : Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [0]
41 Scott, Kate [0] : Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [0]
42 Matelan, Anton 1723 [1] 0:0 BYE

Frank Walker
30-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Any results from yesterday? (Could no make i, watching cricket)

Frank Walker
30-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Wonderful day at Elwood even if my feet are killing me..........(and my kid did his new first round trick of losing to a significantly lower rated player!!!!)

There was really no point in losing on purpose to a lower rated player in order to get another lower rated player and only swindling a draw (im not sure if he opponent was higher or lower though). So i think he may have wasted a point

Rincewind
30-10-2005, 09:03 AM
There was really no point in losing on purpose to a lower rated player in order to get another lower rated player and only swindling a draw (im not sure if he opponent was higher or lower though). So i think he may have wasted a point

James doesn't lose to anyone intentionally. As Mischa said, he blundered and was out played. His second round opponent (with whom he drew) was 81 points higher rated than James. James was on zero but played up to a player on 0.5.

BTW Did you see the game? How was it a swindle?

Frank Walker
30-10-2005, 08:08 PM
The live games are not working yet.... and only two rounds to go, no results of games and no photos from the webcam, It is not living up to what had been advetised, went for a couple of hours today and saw there was a TV there so i guess that was the only good thing!

Mischa
30-10-2005, 08:32 PM

What is all this about????

James DID NOT deliberately loose CAN YOU NOT READ????

James opponenent...ie Peter Frost, came over a told me how much better Jasmes is playing ( which I disagree with) and how James made a move that impressed him and called the draw...(In a nut shell)

Mischa
30-10-2005, 08:36 PM
The live games are not working yet.... and only two rounds to go, no results of games and no photos from the webcam, It is not living up to what had been advetised, went for a couple of hours today and saw there was a TV there so i guess that was the only good thing!

The live cams are not working cos internet access is FAR away in another building and when finally hooked up it was painfully slow...this was not made clear to the organisers at the time
It has been a WONDERFUL tournament and I don't understand why you are intent on bagging it.

Why don't you try and support the effort that has been put in to getting this tourny up and running so quickly and successfully!!!!!

Carl Gorka
30-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I was at the tourney for a couple of hours today and wish I could have played. The quality of the field is outstanding, the atmosphere seems really good, and the venue is decent with enough space for players not to be falling over each other. A big congrats to Barbaros, Elwood chess club, and the many supporters of the event :)

bergil
30-10-2005, 09:48 PM
CAN YOU NOT READ????

That's rich coming from you!! :hand:

Mischa
30-10-2005, 10:15 PM
You would know?

Altecman
30-10-2005, 10:18 PM
What are the results of rounds 3, 4 and 5?

bergil
30-10-2005, 11:22 PM
You would know?
That should go in the snappy comeback thread! :owned:

Bereaved
31-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Hello everyone,

once again copied from the official website,

Round 6 Pairings

1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [4.5] : Smerdon, David C 2418 [4.5]
2 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [4] : Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [4.5]
3 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [4] : Sandler, Leonid 2324 [4]
4 Voon, Richard 1852 [4] : Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [4]
5 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [4] : Hislop, James K 2155 [4]
6 Baron, Michael 2260 [3.5] : Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [4]
7 Stead, Kerry 1964 [3.5] : Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3.5]
8 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [3.5] : Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [3.5]
9 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [3.5] : Hacche, David J 2084 [3.5]
10 Ly, Thai 1910 [3.5] : Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [3.5]
11 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [3] : Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [3]
12 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [3] : Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [3]
13 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [3] : Stirling, Nathan 2021 [3]
14 Bowen, Leon 1765 [3] : Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [3]
15 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [3] : Roberts, Mark S 1737 [3]
16 Frost, Peter 1754 [3] : Wolf, Peter 1762 [3]
17 Matelan, Anton 1723 [3] : Schon, Eugene 1555 [3]
18 Brockman, Roland 1614 [3] : Zileski, George 1743 [3]
19 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [3] : Flitney, Adrian 1990 [3]
20 Morris, James 1673 [2.5] : Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [3]
21 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2.5] : Tang, Jason 1366 [2.5]
22 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [2.5] : Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [2.5]
23 Pramod, T.G. [2.5] : Flude, David A 1788 [2.5]
24 Sunder, Vijay [2.5] : Stones, Douglas 1460 [2.5]
25 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [2] : Bultman, Grant 1582 [2]
26 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [2] : Faust, Siegfried 1502 [2]
27 Hogan, Steven 1321 [2] : Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [2]
28 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2] : Dalton, Joshua 1265 [2]
29 Cameron, James 1121 [2] : Meldau, Henning 1527 [2]
30 Yu, Derek 1520 [2] : Beet, Cameron 1219 [2]
31 Podvorac, Zeljko [2] : Glenton, Alan 1510 [2]
32 Reid, Bill 1503 [2] : Antolis, Cedric [2]
33 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [1.5] : Hopkins, Rhys [2]
34 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5] : Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1.5]
35 Au, Denis [1.5] : Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [1.5]
36 Toper, David 796 [1.5] : Mustafa, Metin 1289 [1.5]
37 Buda, Alexander [1] : Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1]
38 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1] : Hodge, Fred [1]
39 Kordes, David [1] : Sanderson, Paul 1191 [1]
40 Elmer, Anthony [0] : Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [1]
41 Yu, Sally 1073 [1] : Wicks, Michael 897 [0]

Standings

Place Name Feder Rtg Loc Score

1-3 Johansen, Darryl K AUS 2462 2460 4.5
Smerdon, David C AUS 2421 2418 4.5
Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 2399 2423 4.5
4-11 Sandler, Leonid AUS 2381 2324 4
Froehlich, Peter GER 2360 2376 4
Goldenberg, Igor AUS 2335 2378 4
Tabatt, Hendrik GER 2223 2157 4
Skiotis, Pano AUS 2178 2050 4
Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 2135 2106 4
Voon, Richard AUS 2090 1852 4
Hislop, James K AUS 2155 4
12-20 Baron, Michael AUS 2320 2260 3.5
Depasquale, Chris J AUS 2309 2291 3.5
Guthrie, Aaron AUS 2257 2189 3.5
Hacche, David J AUS 2187 2084 3.5
Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 2122 1997 3.5
Wallis, Christopher AUS 2114 2003 3.5
Stead, Kerry AUS 2056 1964 3.5
Ly, Thai AUS 2051 1910 3.5
Hilliard, Geoffrey AUS 1763 3.5
21-39 Rujevic, Mirko AUS 2247 2221 3
Lojanica, Milenko BIH 2112 2043 3
Stirling, Nathan AUS 2087 2021 3
Kildisas, Victor E AUS 2056 1914 3
Roberts, Mark S AUS 1972 1737 3
Frost, Peter AUS 1942 1754 3
Schon, Eugene AUS 1790 1555 3
Brockman, Roland AUS 1784 1614 3
Flitney, Adrian AUS 1990 3
Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 1923 3
Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 1859 3
Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 1831 3
Bowen, Leon AUS 1765 3
Wolf, Peter AUS 1762 3
Kara, Barbaros AUS 1756 3
Zileski, George AUS 1743 3
Matelan, Anton AUS 1723 3
Macgregor, Angus J AUS 1638 3
Sucevic, Milic AUS 1610 3
40-48 Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 2126 2005 2.5
Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 1895 1673 2.5
Morris, James AUS 1865 1673 2.5
Flude, David A AUS 1788 2.5
Stones, Douglas AUS 1460 2.5
Tang, Jason AUS 1366 2.5
Dalton, Laurie AUS 1233 2.5
Pramod, T.G. AUS 2.5
Sunder, Vijay AUS 2.5
49-65 Bultman, Grant AUS 1582 2
Ghobrial, Adel AUS 1560 2
Stanisheff, Alex AUS 1550 2
Wertheim, Stephen AUS 1541 2
Meldau, Henning AUS 1527 2
Yu, Derek AUS 1520 2
Glenton, Alan AUS 1510 2
Reid, Bill AUS 1503 2
Faust, Siegfried AUS 1502 2
Ivanov, Nikola AUS 1469 2
Hogan, Steven AUS 1321 2
Dalton, Joshua AUS 1265 2
Beet, Cameron AUS 1219 2
Cameron, James AUS 1121 2
Antolis, Cedric AUS 2
Hopkins, Rhys AUS 2
Podvorac, Zeljko AUS 2
66-72 Dalton, Samuel AUS 1348 1.5
Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 1316 1.5
Mustafa, Metin AUS 1289 1.5
Kenmure, Jamie AUS 1102 1.5
Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 1084 1.5
Toper, David AUS 796 1.5
Au, Denis AUS 1.5
73-80 Spencer, Anthony G AUS 1336 1
Smith, Wendy AUS 1210 1
Sanderson, Paul AUS 1191 1
Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 1133 1
Yu, Sally AUS 1073 1
Buda, Alexander AUS 1
Hodge, Fred AUS 1
Kordes, David AUS 1
81-86 Steel, Michael AUS 1439 0
Wicks, Michael AUS 897 0
Graham, Beau AUS 0
Elmer, Anthony AUS 0
Litviak, Daniel AUS 0
Scott, Kate AUS 0

12:00am Monday 31/10/05 by Swiss Perfect (TM) www.swissperfect.com

Frank Walker
31-10-2005, 11:23 AM
If anyone looks back at previous posts you will see that whenever James loses to a lower rated player Mischa comes along and makes the most ridiculous excuses ie. His opponent was offering too many draws, he was running low on time, he was winning all the way, he was distraced by other players, he did it on purpose....

Why did you mention it was a first round trick when you knew that it was just a little mistake? :mad: :hand:

The List Goes On and on

Watto
31-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I think you're having a misunderstanding over language.

Mischa's 'first round trick' isn't to be taken literally. It's obvious she's just using a pretty common expression to describe the fact that he has recently lost to lower rated opponents in the first round... which has been misunderstood because coincidentally it is a practice which does exist in chess.

About the rest of it I won't comment except that I do feel that the more talk and hype there is about James, and every game he plays, the more pressure he is going to be under (I mean Raymond Song doesn't even get this amount of exposure on this bb.)

He's obviously a talented player and good luck to him. This will be my last post on James Morris, with the above comments in mind :)

antichrist
31-10-2005, 11:57 AM
I would certainly appreciate a full blooded in-your-face effort for Classic Posts thread.

jenni
31-10-2005, 11:59 AM
About the rest of it I won't comment except that I do feel that the more talk and hype there is about James, and every game he plays, the more pressure he is going to be under (I mean Raymond Song doesn't even get this amount of exposure on this bb.)

Hopefully James doesn't read the BB. There are some very destructive things said about kids on the BB and the later they are exposed to it the better.

antichrist
31-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Hopefully James doesn't read the BB. There are some very destructive things said about kids on the BB and the later they are exposed to it the better.

When I brought up this objection to RW he reakons it was good for their experience or something like that. Post 168 has just crossed the line to Classic Stir threads.

But the less said about that thread the better...

Rincewind
31-10-2005, 01:28 PM
When I brought up this objection to RW he reakons it was good for their experience or something like that. Post 168 has just crossed the line to Classic Stir threads.

But the less said about that thread the better...

No you have it arse-about as usual AC.

Rincewind
31-10-2005, 01:37 PM
If anyone looks back at previous posts you will see that whenever James loses to a lower rated player Mischa comes along and makes the most ridiculous excuses ie. His opponent was offering too many draws, he was running low on time, he was winning all the way, he was distraced by other players, he did it on purpose....

Why did you mention it was a first round trick when you knew that it was just a little mistake? :mad: :hand:

The List Goes On and on

Frank, Watto has pointed out your various misunderstandings. I'll just like to point out that I don't know if you are genuinely mean or just clueless. Either way you cost more than you contribute.

Jenni & Watto, I don't believe James regularly reads this board much if at all except to find specific tourny results or like info. His mother however is a regular reader and poster. The BB really is a farily small community and I don't think any hype I generate is as much exposure as he might receive from a game in Garry's column or a mention in Aust Chess. I certainly don;t think James feels any pressure from the hoardes of online followers. I suggest the lack of exposure of Raymond is more a function that neither he not his parents post here, as far as I am aware.

As an aside, I had the pleasure of losing to Raymond on the October long weekend and he seems a very nice kid and reminded me in some of his mannerisms of James and scores of other 11 year olds. They are both just normal fun-loving kids who are good at playing chess.

Watto
31-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks macavity for posting the round 6 pairings and standings. Last time I looked the Elwood site still didn't have a crosstable of results to date. Any chance of them uploading one?

ursogr8
31-10-2005, 02:07 PM
^^
I talked with Gary Bekker this a.m.
He said the upload from a remote dial-up had proved too slow. His next try was from laptop to mobile phone using a gizmo....GW uses one successfully.
Have you tried Gary's OCEANIA site?

Watto
31-10-2005, 02:19 PM
^^
I talked with Gary Bekker this a.m.
He said the upload from a remote dial-up had proved too slow. His next try was from laptop to mobile phone using a gizmo....GW uses one successfully.
Have you tried Gary's OCEANIA site?

Thanks starter, thought they might be having problems. We'll just have to use our imaginations until they work it out. ;)
(Yes, I've tried his site but any Elwood info is provided via a link to the official Elwood site as far as I can see.)

Frank Walker
31-10-2005, 02:30 PM
IS there a crosstable of results?

Bereaved
31-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello, everyone,

There is no crosstable on official site.

If you ask about someone specific, I can provide some help, although with 80+ players, do not really know as much as I suggest.

Of the top players, Igor Bjelobrk and Darryl Johansen drew with each other in round 5, Smerdon drew with Baron in round 4, and then won in round 5 against Aaron Guthrie, although his position (smerdon's) looked a bit difficult in the early stages.

The other IM's excluding Rujevic have each had 2 draws, and Tabatt who is on 4 lost only to Smerdon, Hislop on 4 lost only to Baron, I do not remember who Voon lost to, but he beat Rujevic in round 5 to reach 4 points.

I know things about my own results, but was not super happy about them after Round 3, when I had a good draw, although I was lucky. In fact my opponent missed a forced win, but these things can happen to anyone under tournament conditions in a weekender.

Anyway, will try and contact Gary and suggest that he post a crosstable on his site.

Bereaved
31-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Just checked the official site and have noticed that the pairings have changed

They now read:

Round 6 Pairings

1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [4.5] : Smerdon, David C 2418 [4.5]
2 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [4] : Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [4.5]
3 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [4] : Sandler, Leonid 2324 [4]
4 Voon, Richard 1852 [4] : Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [4]
5 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [4] : Hislop, James K 2155 [4]
6 Baron, Michael 2260 [3.5] : Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [4]
7 Stead, Kerry 1964 [3.5] : Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3.5]
8 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [3.5] : Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [3.5]
9 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [3.5] : Hacche, David J 2084 [3.5]
10 Ly, Thai 1910 [3.5] : Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [3.5]
11 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [3] : Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [3]
12 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [3] : Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [3]
13 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [3] : Stirling, Nathan 2021 [3]
14 Bowen, Leon 1765 [3] : Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [3]
15 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [3] : Roberts, Mark S 1737 [3]
16 Frost, Peter 1754 [3] : Zileski, George 1743 [3]
17 Matelan, Anton 1723 [3] : Schon, Eugene 1555 [3]
18 Brockman, Roland 1614 [3] : Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [3]
19 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [3] : Flitney, Adrian 1990 [3]
20 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2.5] : Stones, Douglas 1460 [2.5]
21 Pramod, T.G. [2.5] : Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [2.5]
22 Morris, James 1673 [2.5] : Dalton, Laurie 1233 [2.5]
23 Sunder, Vijay [2.5] : Flude, David A 1788 [2.5]
24 Bultman, Grant 1582 [2] : Tang, Jason 1366 [2.5]
25 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [2] : Dalton, Joshua 1265 [2]
26 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [2] : Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [2]
27 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2] : Beet, Cameron 1219 [2]
28 Hogan, Steven 1321 [2] : Meldau, Henning 1527 [2]
29 Yu, Derek 1520 [2] : Antolis, Cedric [2]
30 Cameron, James 1121 [2] : Glenton, Alan 1510 [2]
31 Reid, Bill 1503 [2] : Hopkins, Rhys [2]
32 Podvorac, Zeljko [2] : Faust, Siegfried 1502 [2]
33 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [1.5] : Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1.5]
34 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5] : Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [1.5]
35 Toper, David 796 [1.5] : Mustafa, Metin 1289 [1.5]
36 Buda, Alexander [1] : Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1]
37 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1] : Hodge, Fred [1]
38 Kordes, David [1] : Sanderson, Paul 1191 [1]
39 Elmer, Anthony [0] : Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [1]
40 Yu, Sally 1073 [1] : Wicks, Michael 897 [0]

Please note that pairings were modified at 8:30pm on Monday 31/10/05 due to the withdrawal of two players from the field.

The reasons for the change are specified,

Rincewind
01-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Any results?

Garvinator
01-11-2005, 11:13 PM

1-3 Smerdon, David C AUS 2421 2418 6
Goldenberg, Igor AUS 2335 2378 6
Tabatt, Hendrik GER 2223 2157 6
4 Froehlich, Peter GER 2360 2376 5.5
5-14 Johansen, Darryl K AUS 2462 2460 5
Baron, Michael AUS 2320 2260 5
Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 2399 2423 5
Sandler, Leonid AUS 2381 2324 5
Wallis, Christopher AUS 2114 2003 5
Hacche, David J AUS 2187 2084 5
Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 2122 1997 5
Skiotis, Pano AUS 2178 2050 5
Lojanica, Milenko BIH 2112 2043 5
Rujevic, Mirko AUS 2247 2221 5
15-24 Guthrie, Aaron AUS 2257 2189 4.5
Hislop, James K AUS 2155 4.5
Stead, Kerry AUS 2056 1964 4.5
Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 2135 2106 4.5
Ly, Thai AUS 2051 1910 4.5
Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 2126 2005 4.5
Zileski, George AUS 1743 4.5
Stirling, Nathan AUS 2087 2021 4.5
Frost, Peter AUS 1942 1754 4.5
Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 1895 1673 4.5
25-34 Voon, Richard AUS 2090 1852 4
Depasquale, Chris J AUS 2309 2291 4
Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 1859 4
Bowen, Leon AUS 1765 4
Schon, Eugene AUS 1790 1555 4
Flitney, Adrian AUS 2047 1990 4
Kara, Barbaros AUS 1756 4
Kildisas, Victor E AUS 2056 1914 4
Podvorac, Zeljko AUS 4
Sucevic, Milic AUS 1610 4
35-51 Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 1831 3.5
Brockman, Roland AUS 1784 1614 3.5
Pramod, T.G. AUS 3.5
Beet, Cameron AUS 1219 3.5
Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 1923 3.5
Stones, Douglas AUS 1460 3.5
Morris, James AUS 1865 1673 3.5
Sunder, Vijay AUS 3.5
Macgregor, Angus J AUS 1638 3.5
Dalton, Joshua AUS 1265 3.5
Yu, Derek AUS 1520 3.5
Matelan, Anton AUS 1723 3.5
Ghobrial, Adel AUS 1560 3.5
Reid, Bill AUS 1503 3.5
Flude, David A AUS 1878 1788 3.5
Bultman, Grant AUS 1582 3.5
52-61 Tang, Jason AUS 1366 3
Antolis, Cedric AUS 3
Stanisheff, Alex AUS 1550 3
Dalton, Samuel AUS 1348 3
Kenmure, Jamie AUS 1102 3
Faust, Siegfried AUS 1502 3
Toper, David AUS 796 3
Hodge, Fred AUS 3
Wolf, Peter AUS 1762 3
62-69 Wertheim, Stephen AUS 1541 2.5
Glenton, Alan AUS 1510 2.5
Cameron, James AUS 1121 2.5
Meldau, Henning AUS 1527 2.5
Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 1316 2.5
Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 1084 2.5
Hogan, Steven AUS 1321 2.5
70-78 Ivanov, Nikola AUS 1469 2
Sanderson, Paul AUS 1191 2
Mustafa, Metin AUS 1289 2
Buda, Alexander AUS 2
Spencer, Anthony G AUS 1336 2
Yu, Sally AUS 1073 2
Hopkins, Rhys AUS 2
Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 1133 2
Wicks, Michael AUS 897 2
79 Au, Denis AUS 1.5
80-82 Kordes, David AUS 1
Smith, Wendy AUS 1210 1
Elmer, Anthony AUS 1
83-86 Scott, Kate AUS 0
Graham, Beau AUS 0
Litviak, Daniel AUS 0
Steel, Michael AUS 1439 0

Garvinator
01-11-2005, 11:13 PM
No Name Feder Rtg 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1. Johansen, Darryl K AUS 2462 44:W 22:W 12:W 8:W 3:D 2:D 6:L
2. Smerdon, David C AUS 2421 45:W 23:W 11:W 7:D 9:W 1:D 13:W
3. Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 2399 46:W 25:W 14:W 10:W 1:D 5:D 11:L
4. Sandler, Leonid AUS 2381 47:W 27:W 15:D 17:D 7:W 13:L 19:W
5. Froehlich, Peter GER 2360 48:W 30:W 16:D 20:W 6:D 3:D 9:W
6. Goldenberg, Igor AUS 2335 49:W 31:W 17:D 21:W 5:D 19:W 1:W
7. Baron, Michael AUS 2320 50:W 32:W 18:W 2:D 4:L 14:W 16:D
8. Depasquale, Chris J AUS 2309 51:W 24:W 19:W 1:L 17:D 21:L :D
9. Guthrie, Aaron AUS 2257 52:W 33:W 20:D 16:W 2:L 37:W 5:L
10. Rujevic, Mirko AUS 2247 53:W 34:W 36:W 3:L 19:L 33:W 21:W
11. Tabatt, Hendrik GER 2223 54:W 35:W 2:L 34:W 18:W 32:W 3:W
12. Hacche, David J AUS 2187 55:+ 28:W 1:L 15:W 23:D 17:D 22:W
13. Skiotis, Pano AUS 2178 56:W 36:L 84:W 35:W 30:W 4:W 2:L
14. Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 2135 57:W 37:W 3:L 33:W 26:W 7:L 32:D
15. Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 2126 58:W 38:W 4:D 12:L 32:L 54:W 30:W
16. Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 2122 59:W 39:W 5:D 9:L 29:W 23:W 7:D
17. Wallis, Christopher AUS 2114 60:W 40:W 6:D 4:D 8:D 12:D 24:W
18. Lojanica, Milenko BIH 2112 61:W 42:W 7:L 36:W 11:L 34:W 39:W
19. Voon, Richard AUS 2090 62:W 70:W 8:L 38:W 10:W 6:L 4:L
20. Stirling, Nathan AUS 2087 63:W 43:W 9:D 5:L 31:D 35:D 29:W
21. Stead, Kerry AUS 2056 64:W 84:D 22:W 6:L 28:W 8:W 10:L
22. Kildisas, Victor E AUS 2056 65:W 1:L 21:L 58:W 47:W 36:W 12:L
23. Ly, Thai AUS 2051 66:W 2:L 46:W 40:W 12:D 16:L 37:W
24. Flitney, Adrian AUS 2047 74:W 8:L 56:D 54:W :D 43:W 17:L
25. Roberts, Mark S AUS 1972 67:W 3:L 47:L 70:W 44:W 39:L 43:L
26. Frost, Peter AUS 1942 68:D 29:D 48:W 64:W 14:L 40:D 42:W
27. Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 1895 69:W 4:L 50:D 74:W 37:L 84:W 35:W
28. Flude, David A AUS 1878 77:W 12:L 62:D 63:W 21:L 86:D 51:D
29. Morris, James AUS 1865 70:L 26:D 45:W 50:W 16:L 63:W 20:L
30. Schon, Eugene AUS 1790 71:W 5:L 49:W 47:W 13:L 41:W 15:L
31. Brockman, Roland AUS 1784 72:W 6:L 54:D 56:W 20:D 42:D 40:L
32. Hislop, James K AUS 73:W 7:L 51:W 83:W 15:W 11:L 14:D
33. Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 75:W 9:L 57:W 14:L 46:W 10:L 49:D
34. Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 78:W 10:L 58:+ 11:L 49:W 18:L 46:W
35. Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 76:W 11:L 59:W 13:L 51:W 20:D 27:L
36. Bowen, Leon AUS 79:W 13:W 10:L 18:L 48:W 22:L 56:W
37. Hilliard, Geoffrey AUS 80:W 14:L 63:D 84:W 27:W 9:L 23:L
38. Wolf, Peter AUS 81:W 15:L 75:W 19:L 53:W : :
39. Kara, Barbaros AUS 82:W 16:L 64:L 60:W 62:W 25:W 18:L
40. Zileski, George AUS 83:W 17:L 86:W 23:L 68:W 26:D 31:W
41. Matelan, Anton AUS 84:L 68:W :D 62:D 74:W 30:L 86:D
42. Macgregor, Angus J AUS 85:W 18:L 70:D 68:D 83:W 31:D 26:L
43. Sucevic, Milic AUS 86:W 20:L 74:L 66:W 64:W 24:L 25:W
44. Bultman, Grant AUS 1:L 65:W 83:L 59:W 25:L 56:D 60:W
45. Ghobrial, Adel AUS 2:L 64:L 29:L 76:W 66:W 62:D 63:W
46. Stanisheff, Alex AUS 3:L 67:W 23:L 61:W 33:L 53:W 34:L
47. Wertheim, Stephen AUS 4:L 66:W 25:W 30:L 22:L 64:D 62:L
48. Meldau, Henning AUS 5:L 69:W 26:L 65:W 36:L 59:D 83:L
49. Yu, Derek AUS 6:L 71:W 30:L 67:W 34:L 74:W 33:D
50. Glenton, Alan AUS 7:L 73:W 27:D 29:L 86:D 68:D 84:L
51. Reid, Bill AUS 8:L 72:W 32:L 69:W 35:L 80:W 28:D
52. Faust, Siegfried AUS 9:L 75:L 73:W 86:L 71:W 83:L 67:W
53. Ivanov, Nikola AUS 10:L 74:L 71:W 80:W 38:L 46:L 79:L
54. Stones, Douglas AUS 11:L 76:W 31:D 24:L 70:W 15:L 68:W
55. Steel, Michael AUS 12:- : : : : : :
56. Tang, Jason AUS 13:L 79:W 24:D 31:L 75:W 44:D 36:L
57. Dalton, Samuel AUS 14:L 78:+ 33:L 75:D 84:L 69:D 71:W
58. Spencer, Anthony G AUS 15:L 81:W 34:- 22:L 63:L 76:W 69:L
59. Hogan, Steven AUS 16:L 77:W 35:L 44:L 67:W 48:D 64:L
60. Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 17:L 83:L 76:W 39:L 73:D 70:W 44:L
61. Mustafa, Metin AUS 18:L 80:L 72:W 46:L :D 73:D 74:L
62. Dalton, Joshua AUS 19:L 85:W 28:D 41:D 39:L 45:D 47:W
63. Dalton, Laurie AUS 20:L 82:+ 37:D 28:L 58:W 29:L 45:L
64. Beet, Cameron AUS 21:L 45:W 39:W 26:L 43:L 47:D 59:W
65. Smith, Wendy AUS 22:L 44:L 77:W 48:L 80:L 79:L 76:L
66. Sanderson, Paul AUS 23:L 47:L 79:W 43:L 45:L 81:W 73:L
67. Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 25:L 46:L 81:+ 49:L 59:L 77:W 52:L
68. Cameron, James AUS 26:D 41:L 80:W 42:D 40:L 50:D 54:L
69. Kenmure, Jamie AUS 27:L 48:L 85:+ 51:L :D 57:D 58:W
70. Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 29:W 19:L 42:D 25:L 54:L 60:L 80:W
71. Yu, Sally AUS 30:L 49:L 53:L 77:W 52:L 72:W 57:L
72. Wicks, Michael AUS 31:L 51:L 61:L 79:L 77:W 71:L 81:W
73. Toper, David AUS 32:L 50:L 52:L 81:W 60:D 61:D 66:W
74. Antolis, Cedric AUS 24:L 53:W 43:W 27:L 41:L 49:L 61:W
75. Au, Denis AUS 33:L 52:W 38:L 57:D 56:L : :
76. Buda, Alexander AUS 35:L 54:L 60:L 45:L 79:W 58:L 65:W
77. Elmer, Anthony AUS 28:L 59:L 65:L 71:L 72:L 67:L :W
78. Graham, Beau AUS 34:L 57:- : : : : :
79. Hodge, Fred AUS 36:L 56:L 66:L 72:W 76:L 65:W 53:W
80. Hopkins, Rhys AUS 37:L 61:W 68:L 53:L 65:W 51:L 70:L
81. Kordes, David AUS 38:L 58:L 67:- 73:L :W 66:L 72:L
82. Litviak, Daniel AUS 39:L 63:- : : : : :
83. Podvorac, Zeljko AUS 40:L 60:W 44:W 32:L 42:L 52:W 48:W
84. Pramod, T.G. AUS 41:W 21:D 13:L 37:L 57:W 27:L 50:W
85. Scott, Kate AUS 42:L 62:L 69:- : : : :
86. Sunder, Vijay AUS 43:L :W 40:L 52:W 50:D 28:D 41:D

Garvinator
01-11-2005, 11:14 PM

1 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [5] 1:0 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [5]
2 Smerdon, David C 2418 [5] 1:0 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [5]
3 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [5] 0:1 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [5]
4 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [4.5] 0:1 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [4.5]
5 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [4.5] .5:.5 Baron, Michael 2260 [4.5]
6 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [4] 1:0 Stead, Kerry 1964 [4.5]
7 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [4] 1:0 Voon, Richard 1852 [4]
8 Hacche, David J 2084 [4] 1:0 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [4]
9 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [4] .5:.5 Hislop, James K 2155 [4]
10 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [4] 0:1 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [4]
11 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [4] 1:0 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [4]
12 Schon, Eugene 1555 [4] 0:1 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [3.5]
13 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [3.5] 1:0 Morris, James 1673 [3.5]
14 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [3.5] 0:1 Ly, Thai 1910 [3.5]
15 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [3.5] 0:1 Frost, Peter 1754 [3.5]
16 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [3.5] 1:0 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [3.5]
17 Zileski, George 1743 [3.5] 1:0 Brockman, Roland 1614 [3.5]
18 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [3] 0:1 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [3]
19 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [3] .5:.5 Yu, Derek 1520 [3]
20 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [3] 0:1 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [3]
21 Flude, David A 1788 [3] .5:.5 Reid, Bill 1503 [3]
22 Tang, Jason 1366 [3] 0:1 Bowen, Leon 1765 [3]
23 Sunder, Vijay [3] .5:.5 Matelan, Anton 1723 [3]
24 Meldau, Henning 1527 [2.5] 0:1 Podvorac, Zeljko [3]
25 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [2.5] 0:1 Bultman, Grant 1582 [2.5]
26 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [2.5] 0:1 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [2.5]
27 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [2.5] 1:0 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2.5]
28 Glenton, Alan 1510 [2.5] 0:1 Pramod, T.G. [2.5]
29 Stones, Douglas 1460 [2.5] 1:0 Cameron, James 1121 [2.5]
30 Beet, Cameron 1219 [2.5] 1:0 Hogan, Steven 1321 [2.5]
31 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [2] 0:1 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [2]
32 Hodge, Fred [2] 1:0 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [2]
33 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [2] 1:0 Yu, Sally 1073 [2]
34 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [2] 0:1 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [2]
35 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [2] 0:1 Antolis, Cedric [2]
36 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [2] 0:1 Toper, David 796 [2]
37 Hopkins, Rhys [2] 0:1 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5]
38 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1] 0:1 Buda, Alexander [1]
39 Wicks, Michael 897 [1] 1:0 Kordes, David [1]
40 Elmer, Anthony [0] 1:0 BYE
41 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3.5] .5:0 BYE

Bereaved
02-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Good evening all,

Home very late after cleaning up the venue, and going for drinks with a large number of the organising crew and some of the other players, including equal first place getter Hendrik Tabatt, who was naturally in quite a good mood.

I thought that I would post the pairings round by round as it makes it easier to see the progress of the tournament; I haven't done this to this point as I was not the arbiter ( Gary Bekker was ) but he kindly agreed to email me the Swiss Perfect Files, so that I could post some of the tournament information here.

Thanks Garvin for getting the final standings and other information ahead of my arrival home and posting them here from the official website, it is a great help.

Let's start with what the field ended up being as opposed to the projected fields before the event.

No Name Feder Rtg Loc Title

1. Johansen, Darryl K AUS 2462 2460 gm
2. Smerdon, David C AUS 2421 2418 im
3. Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 2399 2423 fm
4. Sandler, Leonid AUS 2381 2324 im
5. Froehlich, Peter GER 2360 2376 im
6. Goldenberg, Igor AUS 2335 2378 fm
7. Baron, Michael AUS 2320 2260 fm
8. Depasquale, Chris J AUS 2309 2291 fm
9. Guthrie, Aaron AUS 2257 2189 fm
10. Rujevic, Mirko AUS 2247 2221 im
11. Tabatt, Hendrik GER 2223 2157
12. Hacche, David J AUS 2187 2084
13. Skiotis, Pano AUS 2178 2050
14. Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 2135 2106
15. Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 2126 2005
16. Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 2122 1997
17. Wallis, Christopher AUS 2114 2003
18. Lojanica, Milenko BIH 2112 2043
19. Voon, Richard AUS 2090 1852
20. Stirling, Nathan AUS 2087 2021
21. Stead, Kerry AUS 2056 1964
22. Kildisas, Victor E AUS 2056 1914
23. Ly, Thai AUS 2051 1910
24. Flitney, Adrian AUS 2047 1990
25. Roberts, Mark S AUS 1972 1737
26. Frost, Peter AUS 1942 1754
27. Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 1895 1673 wim
28. Flude, David A AUS 1878 1788
29. Morris, James AUS 1865 1673
30. Schon, Eugene AUS 1790 1555
31. Brockman, Roland AUS 1784 1614
32. Hislop, James K AUS 2155
33. Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 1923
34. Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 1859
35. Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 1831
36. Bowen, Leon AUS 1765
37. Hilliard, Geoffrey AUS 1763
38. Wolf, Peter AUS 1762
39. Kara, Barbaros AUS 1756
40. Zileski, George AUS 1743
41. Matelan, Anton AUS 1723
42. Macgregor, Angus J AUS 1638
43. Sucevic, Milic AUS 1610
44. Bultman, Grant AUS 1582
45. Ghobrial, Adel AUS 1560
46. Stanisheff, Alex AUS 1550
47. Wertheim, Stephen AUS 1541
48. Meldau, Henning AUS 1527
49. Yu, Derek AUS 1520
50. Glenton, Alan AUS 1510
51. Reid, Bill AUS 1503
52. Faust, Siegfried AUS 1502
53. Ivanov, Nikola AUS 1469
54. Stones, Douglas AUS 1460
55. Steel, Michael AUS 1439
56. Tang, Jason AUS 1366
57. Dalton, Samuel AUS 1348
58. Spencer, Anthony G AUS 1336
59. Hogan, Steven AUS 1321
60. Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 1316
61. Mustafa, Metin AUS 1289
62. Dalton, Joshua AUS 1265
63. Dalton, Laurie AUS 1233
64. Beet, Cameron AUS 1219
65. Smith, Wendy AUS 1210
66. Sanderson, Paul AUS 1191
67. Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 1133
68. Cameron, James AUS 1121
69. Kenmure, Jamie AUS 1102
70. Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 1084
71. Yu, Sally AUS 1073
72. Wicks, Michael AUS 897
73. Toper, David AUS 796
74. Antolis, Cedric AUS
75. Au, Denis AUS
76. Buda, Alexander AUS
77. Elmer, Anthony AUS
78. Graham, Beau AUS
79. Hodge, Fred AUS
80. Hopkins, Rhys AUS
81. Kordes, David AUS
82. Litviak, Daniel AUS
83. Podvorac, Zeljko AUS
84. Pramod, T.G. AUS
85. Scott, Kate AUS
86. Sunder, Vijay AUS

Firstly I must say that to some the order of the seedings looks quite unusual, but Gary Bekker decided that as a FIDE rated event where not all players had FIDE ratings, he would use those who had FIDE Ratings as the basis for the seedings; hence Roland Brockman (FIDE 1784, ACF 1614 ) was seeded above Jamie Hislop ( ACF 2155 ) in the event; Jamie was the highest rated of those without FIDE ratings; those above him with FIDE ratings were seeded according to those, not their ACF Ratings.

Round 1 was a little late in starting owing to some uncertainty as to had everyone arrived, and secondly, had everyone been entered that should be.

Round 1 Pairings

1 Bultman, Grant 1582 [0] 0:1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [0]
2 Smerdon, David C 2418 [0] 1:0 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [0]
3 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [0] 0:1 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [0]
4 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [0] 1:0 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [0]
5 Meldau, Henning 1527 [0] 0:1 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [0]
6 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [0] 1:0 Yu, Derek 1520 [0]
7 Glenton, Alan 1510 [0] 0:1 Baron, Michael 2260 [0]
8 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [0] 1:0 Reid, Bill 1503 [0]
9 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [0] 0:1 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [0]
10 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [0] 1:0 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [0]
11 Stones, Douglas 1460 [0] 0:1 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [0]
12 Hacche, David J 2084 [0] +:- Steel, Michael 1439 [0]
13 Tang, Jason 1366 [0] 0:1 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [0]
14 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [0] 1:0 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [0]
15 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [0] 0:1 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [0]
16 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [0] 1:0 Hogan, Steven 1321 [0]
17 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [0] 0:1 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [0]
18 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [0] 1:0 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [0]
19 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [0] 0:1 Voon, Richard 1852 [0]
20 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [0] 1:0 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [0]
21 Beet, Cameron 1219 [0] 0:1 Stead, Kerry 1964 [0]
22 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [0] 1:0 Smith, Wendy 1210 [0]
23 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [0] 0:1 Ly, Thai 1910 [0]
24 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [0] 1:0 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [0]
25 Cameron, James 1121 [0] .5:.5 Frost, Peter 1754 [0]
26 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [0] 1:0 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [0]
27 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [0] 1:0 Morris, James 1673 [0]
28 Schon, Eugene 1555 [0] 1:0 Yu, Sally 1073 [0]
29 Wicks, Michael 897 [0] 0:1 Brockman, Roland 1614 [0]
30 Hislop, James K 2155 [0] 1:0 Toper, David 796 [0]
31 Antolis, Cedric [0] 0:1 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [0]
32 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [0] 1:0 Au, Denis [0]
33 Graham, Beau [0] 0:1 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [0]
34 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [0] 1:0 Buda, Alexander [0]
35 Elmer, Anthony [0] 0:1 Flude, David A 1788 [0]
36 Bowen, Leon 1765 [0] 1:0 Hodge, Fred [0]
37 Hopkins, Rhys [0] 0:1 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [0]
38 Wolf, Peter 1762 [0] 1:0 Kordes, David [0]
39 Litviak, Daniel [0] 0:1 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [0]
40 Zileski, George 1743 [0] 1:0 Podvorac, Zeljko [0]
41 Pramod, T.G. [0] 1:0 Matelan, Anton 1723 [0]
42 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [0] 1:0 Scott, Kate [0]
43 Sunder, Vijay [0] 0:1 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [0]

Round 2

1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [1] 1:0 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [1]
2 Ly, Thai 1910 [1] 0:1 Smerdon, David C 2418 [1]
3 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [1] 1:0 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [1]
4 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [1] 0:1 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [1]
5 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [1] 1:0 Schon, Eugene 1555 [1]
6 Brockman, Roland 1614 [1] 0:1 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [1]
7 Baron, Michael 2260 [1] 1:0 Hislop, James K 2155 [1]
8 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [1] 0:1 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [1]
9 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [1] 1:0 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [1]
10 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [1] 0:1 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [1]
11 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [1] 1:0 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [1]
12 Flude, David A 1788 [1] 0:1 Hacche, David J 2084 [1]
13 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [1] 0:1 Bowen, Leon 1765 [1]
14 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [1] 0:1 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [1]
15 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [1] 1:0 Wolf, Peter 1762 [1]
16 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [1] 0:1 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [1]
17 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [1] 1:0 Zileski, George 1743 [1]
18 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [1] 0:1 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [1]
19 Voon, Richard 1852 [1] 1:0 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1]
20 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [1] 0:1 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [1]
21 Stead, Kerry 1964 [1] .5:.5 Pramod, T.G. [1]
22 Frost, Peter 1754 [.5] .5:.5 Morris, James 1673 [0]
23 Matelan, Anton 1723 [0] 1:0 Cameron, James 1121 [.5]
24 Smith, Wendy 1210 [0] 0:1 Bultman, Grant 1582 [0]
25 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [0] 0:1 Beet, Cameron 1219 [0]
26 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [0] 0:1 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [0]
27 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [0] 1:0 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [0]
28 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [0] 0:1 Meldau, Henning 1527 [0]
29 Yu, Derek 1520 [0] 1:0 Yu, Sally 1073 [0]
30 Toper, David 796 [0] 0:1 Glenton, Alan 1510 [0]
31 Reid, Bill 1503 [0] 1:0 Wicks, Michael 897 [0]
32 Au, Denis [0] 1:0 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [0]
33 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [0] 0:1 Antolis, Cedric [0]
34 Buda, Alexander [0] 0:1 Stones, Douglas 1460 [0]
35 Hodge, Fred [0] 0:1 Tang, Jason 1366 [0]
36 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [0] +:- Graham, Beau [0]
37 Kordes, David [0] 0:1 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [0]
38 Hogan, Steven 1321 [0] 1:0 Elmer, Anthony [0]
39 Podvorac, Zeljko [0] 1:0 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [0]
40 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [0] 0:1 Hopkins, Rhys [0]
41 Scott, Kate [0] 0:1 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [0]
42 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [0] +:- Litviak, Daniel [0]
43 Sunder, Vijay [0] 1:0 BYE

Round 3

1 Hacche, David J 2084 [2] 0:1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [2]
2 Smerdon, David C 2418 [2] 1:0 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [2]
3 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [2] 0:1 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [2]
4 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [2] .5:.5 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2]
5 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [2] .5:.5 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [2]
6 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [2] .5:.5 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [2]
7 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [2] 0:1 Baron, Michael 2260 [2]
8 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [2] 1:0 Voon, Richard 1852 [2]
9 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [2] .5:.5 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [2]
10 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [2] 1:0 Bowen, Leon 1765 [2]
11 Pramod, T.G. [1.5] 0:1 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [1]
12 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [1] 0:1 Stead, Kerry 1964 [1.5]
13 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [1] 0:1 Ly, Thai 1910 [1]
14 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [1] 0:1 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [1]
15 Meldau, Henning 1527 [1] 0:1 Frost, Peter 1754 [1]
16 Glenton, Alan 1510 [1] .5:.5 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [1]
17 Schon, Eugene 1555 [1] 1:0 Yu, Derek 1520 [1]
18 Stones, Douglas 1460 [1] .5:.5 Brockman, Roland 1614 [1]
19 Hislop, James K 2155 [1] 1:0 Reid, Bill 1503 [1]
20 Tang, Jason 1366 [1] .5:.5 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [1]
21 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1] 0:1 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [1]
22 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1] -:+ Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [1]
23 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [1] 1:0 Hogan, Steven 1321 [1]
24 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [1] .5:.5 Flude, David A 1788 [1]
25 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [1] .5:.5 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [1]
26 Wolf, Peter 1762 [1] 1:0 Au, Denis [1]
27 Beet, Cameron 1219 [1] 1:0 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [1]
28 Zileski, George 1743 [1] 1:0 Sunder, Vijay [1]
29 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1] .5:.5 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [1]
30 Antolis, Cedric [1] 1:0 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [1]
31 Bultman, Grant 1582 [1] 0:1 Podvorac, Zeljko [1]
32 Hopkins, Rhys [1] 0:1 Cameron, James 1121 [.5]
33 Morris, James 1673 [.5] 1:0 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [0]
34 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [0] 1:0 Toper, David 796 [0]
35 Yu, Sally 1073 [0] 0:1 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [0]
36 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [0] 1:0 Buda, Alexander [0]
37 Wicks, Michael 897 [0] 0:1 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [0]
38 Elmer, Anthony [0] 0:1 Smith, Wendy 1210 [0]
39 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [0] 1:0 Hodge, Fred [0]
40 Kordes, David [0] -:+ Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [0]
41 Scott, Kate [0] -:+ Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [0]
42 Matelan, Anton 1723 [1] .5:0 BYE

Round 4

1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [3] 1:0 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3]
2 Baron, Michael 2260 [3] .5:.5 Smerdon, David C 2418 [3]
3 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [3] 1:0 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [3]
4 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [2.5] .5:.5 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [2.5]
5 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [2.5] 1:0 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [2.5]
6 Stead, Kerry 1964 [2.5] 0:1 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [2.5]
7 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [2.5] 1:0 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [2.5]
8 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2.5] 0:1 Hacche, David J 2084 [2]
9 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [2] 1:0 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [2]
10 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [2] 1:0 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [2]
11 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [2] 0:1 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [2]
12 Bowen, Leon 1765 [2] 0:1 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [2]
13 Voon, Richard 1852 [2] 1:0 Wolf, Peter 1762 [2]
14 Ly, Thai 1910 [2] 1:0 Zileski, George 1743 [2]
15 Frost, Peter 1754 [2] 1:0 Beet, Cameron 1219 [2]
16 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2] 0:1 Schon, Eugene 1555 [2]
17 Podvorac, Zeljko [2] 0:1 Hislop, James K 2155 [2]
18 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [1.5] 1:0 Antolis, Cedric [2]
19 Morris, James 1673 [1.5] 1:0 Glenton, Alan 1510 [1.5]
20 Brockman, Roland 1614 [1.5] 1:0 Tang, Jason 1366 [1.5]
21 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [1.5] 1:0 Stones, Douglas 1460 [1.5]
22 Flude, David A 1788 [1.5] 1:0 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [1.5]
23 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [1.5] 1:0 Pramod, T.G. [1.5]
24 Matelan, Anton 1723 [1.5] .5:.5 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [1.5]
25 Cameron, James 1121 [1.5] .5:.5 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [1.5]
26 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [1] 1:0 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5]
27 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1] 0:1 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [1]
28 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [1] 1:0 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [1]
29 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [1] 1:0 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [1]
30 Hogan, Steven 1321 [1] 0:1 Bultman, Grant 1582 [1]
31 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [1] 0:1 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [1]
32 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1] 0:1 Meldau, Henning 1527 [1]
33 Yu, Derek 1520 [1] 1:0 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [1]
34 Reid, Bill 1503 [1] 1:0 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [1]
35 Sunder, Vijay [1] 1:0 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [1]
36 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [1] 1:0 Hopkins, Rhys [1]
37 Au, Denis [1] .5:.5 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1]
38 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [0] 1:0 Buda, Alexander [0]
39 Yu, Sally 1073 [0] 1:0 Elmer, Anthony [0]
40 Hodge, Fred [0] 1:0 Wicks, Michael 897 [0]
41 Toper, David 796 [0] 1:0 Kordes, David [0]

Round 5

1 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [4] .5:.5 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [4]
2 Smerdon, David C 2418 [3.5] 1:0 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [3.5]
3 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [3.5] .5:.5 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [3.5]
4 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [3] 1:0 Baron, Michael 2260 [3.5]
5 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3] .5:.5 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [3]
6 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [3] 0:1 Voon, Richard 1852 [3]
7 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [3] 0:1 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [3]
8 Hacche, David J 2084 [3] .5:.5 Ly, Thai 1910 [3]
9 Schon, Eugene 1555 [3] 0:1 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [3]
10 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [3] 1:0 Frost, Peter 1754 [3]
11 Hislop, James K 2155 [3] 1:0 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2.5]
12 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [2.5] 1:0 Morris, James 1673 [2.5]
13 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [2.5] .5:.5 Brockman, Roland 1614 [2.5]
14 Flude, David A 1788 [2.5] 0:1 Stead, Kerry 1964 [2.5]
15 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [2.5] 1:0 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [2.5]
16 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [2] 1:0 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2]
17 Bultman, Grant 1582 [2] 0:1 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [2]
18 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [2] 0:1 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [2]
19 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [2] 1:0 Yu, Derek 1520 [2]
20 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [2] 1:0 Reid, Bill 1503 [2]
21 Meldau, Henning 1527 [2] 0:1 Bowen, Leon 1765 [2]
22 Wolf, Peter 1762 [2] 1:0 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [2]
23 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [2] 0:1 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [2]
24 Zileski, George 1743 [2] 1:0 Cameron, James 1121 [2]
25 Antolis, Cedric [2] 0:1 Matelan, Anton 1723 [2]
26 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [2] 1:0 Podvorac, Zeljko [2]
27 Beet, Cameron 1219 [2] 0:1 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [2]
28 Glenton, Alan 1510 [1.5] .5:.5 Sunder, Vijay [2]
29 Stones, Douglas 1460 [1.5] 1:0 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5]
30 Tang, Jason 1366 [1.5] 1:0 Au, Denis [1.5]
31 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1.5] 0:1 Pramod, T.G. [1.5]
32 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [1.5] 1:0 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1]
33 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [1] 0:1 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [1]
34 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [1] 1:0 Yu, Sally 1073 [1]
35 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [1] 0:1 Hogan, Steven 1321 [1]
36 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [1] .5:.5 Toper, David 796 [1]
37 Hopkins, Rhys [1] 1:0 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1]
38 Buda, Alexander [0] 1:0 Hodge, Fred [1]
39 Wicks, Michael 897 [0] 1:0 Elmer, Anthony [0]
40 Kordes, David [0] 1:0 BYE
41 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [2.5] .5:0 BYE
42 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [1] .5:0 BYE
43 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [1] .5:0 BYE

Round 6

1 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [4.5] .5:.5 Smerdon, David C 2418 [4.5]
2 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [4] .5:.5 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [4.5]
3 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [4] 1:0 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [4]
4 Voon, Richard 1852 [4] 0:1 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [4]
5 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [4] 1:0 Hislop, James K 2155 [4]
6 Baron, Michael 2260 [3.5] 1:0 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [4]
7 Stead, Kerry 1964 [3.5] 1:0 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3.5]
8 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [3.5] 1:0 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [3.5]
9 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [3.5] .5:.5 Hacche, David J 2084 [3.5]
10 Ly, Thai 1910 [3.5] 0:1 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [3.5]
11 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [3] 0:1 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [3]
12 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [3] 0:1 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [3]
13 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [3] .5:.5 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [3]
14 Bowen, Leon 1765 [3] 0:1 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [3]
15 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [3] 1:0 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [3]
16 Frost, Peter 1754 [3] .5:.5 Zileski, George 1743 [3]
17 Matelan, Anton 1723 [3] 0:1 Schon, Eugene 1555 [3]
18 Brockman, Roland 1614 [3] .5:.5 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [3]
19 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [3] 0:1 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [3]
20 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [2.5] 1:0 Stones, Douglas 1460 [2.5]
21 Pramod, T.G. [2.5] 0:1 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [2.5]
22 Morris, James 1673 [2.5] 1:0 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [2.5]
23 Sunder, Vijay [2.5] .5:.5 Flude, David A 1788 [2.5]
24 Bultman, Grant 1582 [2] .5:.5 Tang, Jason 1366 [2.5]
25 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [2] .5:.5 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [2]
26 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [2] 0:1 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [2]
27 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2] .5:.5 Beet, Cameron 1219 [2]
28 Hogan, Steven 1321 [2] .5:.5 Meldau, Henning 1527 [2]
29 Yu, Derek 1520 [2] 1:0 Antolis, Cedric [2]
30 Cameron, James 1121 [2] .5:.5 Glenton, Alan 1510 [2]
31 Reid, Bill 1503 [2] 1:0 Hopkins, Rhys [2]
32 Podvorac, Zeljko [2] 1:0 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [2]
33 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [1.5] .5:.5 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [1.5]
34 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5] 0:1 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [1.5]
35 Toper, David 796 [1.5] .5:.5 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [1.5]
36 Buda, Alexander [1] 0:1 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [1]
37 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1] 0:1 Hodge, Fred [1]
38 Kordes, David [1] 0:1 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [1]
39 Elmer, Anthony [0] 0:1 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [1]
40 Yu, Sally 1073 [1] 1:0 Wicks, Michael 897 [1]

Round 7
( yes I know it is here already, but...)

1 Goldenberg, Igor 2378 [5] 1:0 Johansen, Darryl K 2460 [5]
2 Smerdon, David C 2418 [5] 1:0 Skiotis, Pano 2050 [5]
3 Bjelobrk, Igor 2423 [5] 0:1 Tabatt, Hendrik 2157 [5]
4 Guthrie, Aaron 2189 [4.5] 0:1 Froehlich, Peter 2376 [4.5]
5 Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija 1997 [4.5] .5:.5 Baron, Michael 2260 [4.5]
6 Rujevic, Mirko 2221 [4] 1:0 Stead, Kerry 1964 [4.5]
7 Sandler, Leonid 2324 [4] 1:0 Voon, Richard 1852 [4]
8 Hacche, David J 2084 [4] 1:0 Kildisas, Victor E 1914 [4]
9 Dragicevic, Domagoj 2106 [4] .5:.5 Hislop, James K 2155 [4]
10 Flitney, Adrian 1990 [4] 0:1 Wallis, Christopher 2003 [4]
11 Lojanica, Milenko 2043 [4] 1:0 Kara, Barbaros 1756 [4]
12 Schon, Eugene 1555 [4] 0:1 Pyke, Malcolm L 2005 [3.5]
13 Stirling, Nathan 2021 [3.5] 1:0 Morris, James 1673 [3.5]
14 Hilliard, Geoffrey 1763 [3.5] 0:1 Ly, Thai 1910 [3.5]
15 Macgregor, Angus J 1638 [3.5] 0:1 Frost, Peter 1754 [3.5]
16 Szuveges, Narelle S 1673 [3.5] 1:0 Rothlisberger, Marcel 1831 [3.5]
17 Zileski, George 1743 [3.5] 1:0 Brockman, Roland 1614 [3.5]
18 Roberts, Mark S 1737 [3] 0:1 Sucevic, Milic 1610 [3]
19 Lojanica, Zdravko 1923 [3] .5:.5 Yu, Derek 1520 [3]
20 Stanisheff, Alex 1550 [3] 0:1 Tsagarakis, Angelo 1859 [3]
21 Flude, David A 1788 [3] .5:.5 Reid, Bill 1503 [3]
22 Tang, Jason 1366 [3] 0:1 Bowen, Leon 1765 [3]
23 Sunder, Vijay [3] .5:.5 Matelan, Anton 1723 [3]
24 Meldau, Henning 1527 [2.5] 0:1 Podvorac, Zeljko [3]
25 Kostrzewa, Jake 1316 [2.5] 0:1 Bultman, Grant 1582 [2.5]
26 Dalton, Laurie 1233 [2.5] 0:1 Ghobrial, Adel 1560 [2.5]
27 Dalton, Joshua 1265 [2.5] 1:0 Wertheim, Stephen 1541 [2.5]
28 Glenton, Alan 1510 [2.5] 0:1 Pramod, T.G. [2.5]
29 Stones, Douglas 1460 [2.5] 1:0 Cameron, James 1121 [2.5]
30 Beet, Cameron 1219 [2.5] 1:0 Hogan, Steven 1321 [2.5]
31 Zacharczenko, Vladimir 1133 [2] 0:1 Faust, Siegfried 1502 [2]
32 Hodge, Fred [2] 1:0 Ivanov, Nikola 1469 [2]
33 Dalton, Samuel 1348 [2] 1:0 Yu, Sally 1073 [2]
34 Spencer, Anthony G 1336 [2] 0:1 Kenmure, Jamie 1102 [2]
35 Mustafa, Metin 1289 [2] 0:1 Antolis, Cedric [2]
36 Sanderson, Paul 1191 [2] 0:1 Toper, David 796 [2]
37 Hopkins, Rhys [2] 0:1 Bhattacharya, Devraj 1084 [1.5]
38 Smith, Wendy 1210 [1] 0:1 Buda, Alexander [1]
39 Wicks, Michael 897 [1] 1:0 Kordes, David [1]
40 Elmer, Anthony [0] 1:0 BYE
41 Depasquale, Chris J 2291 [3.5] .5:0 BYE

There is still much more to post, but that will have to wait a bit longer, very tired, Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Oh alright, the Elo Rating calculations based on ACF Ratings as well, which as always are in no way to be taken as how a person's rating will actually change

No Name Feder Loc Id Loc Score Exp. Chg*K Rav Rprfm

1. Johansen, Darryl K AUS 3077431 2460 5.0/7 6.02 -15 2156 2314
2. Smerdon, David C AUS 4152022 2418 6.0/7 6.16 -3 2084 2393
3. Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 3106496 2423 5.0/7 6.16 -18 2087 2245
4. Sandler, Leonid AUS 3001890 2324 5.0/7 6.51 -22 1912 2070
5. Froehlich, Peter GER 3118073 2376 5.5/7 6.30 -12 2013 2243
6. Goldenberg, Igor AUS 3098685 2378 6.0/7 6.44 -6 1970 2279
7. Baron, Michael AUS 3097403 2260 5.0/7 5.18 -3 2079 2237
8. Depasquale, Chris J AUS 3073522 2291 3.5/6 5.28 -27 1962 2019
9. Guthrie, Aaron AUS 5203763 2189 4.5/7 5.25 -12 2000 2102
10. Rujevic, Mirko AUS 3084140 2221 5.0/7 6.09 -16 1894 2052
11. Tabatt, Hendrik GER 3123020 2157 6.0/7 4.76 18 2027 2336
12. Hacche, David J AUS 3075762 2084 4.0/6 3.60 6 2013 2138
13. Skiotis, Pano AUS 3085072 2050 4.0/6 4.38 -6 1877 2002
14. Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 3101710 2106 4.5/7 4.97 -7 1947 2049
15. Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 3097031 2005 4.5/7 5.25 -12 1811 1913
16. Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 3101894 1997 5.0/7 4.20 12 1926 2084
17. Wallis, Christopher AUS 3110804 2003 5.0/7 3.36 24 2018 2176
18. Lojanica, Milenko BIH 3105133 2043 5.0/7 5.46 -7 1818 1976
19. Voon, Richard AUS 3032292 1852 4.0/7 3.01 15 1904 1954
20. Stirling, Nathan AUS 1270745 2021 4.5/7 5.53 -15 1789 1891
21. Stead, Kerry AUS 2050690 1964 4.0/6 2.94 16 1969 2094
22. Kildisas, Victor E AUS 3078234 1914 4.0/7 4.90 -13 1766 1816
23. Ly, Thai AUS 3115085 1910 4.5/7 4.34 3 1821 1923
24. Flitney, Adrian AUS 5292283 1990 2.5/5 4.00 -22 1746 1746
25. Roberts, Mark S AUS 3083790 1737 3.0/7 4.90 -28 1590 1540
26. Frost, Peter AUS 3074863 1754 4.5/7 5.11 -9 1575 1677
27. Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 3096051 1673 2.5/5 2.25 4 1706 1706
28. Flude, David A AUS 3074620 1788 2.0/5 3.65 -25 1610 1538
29. Morris, James AUS 3114724 1673 3.5/7 4.27 -12 1594 1594
30. Schon, Eugene AUS 3115450 1555 4.0/7 1.68 34 1755 1805
31. Brockman, Roland AUS 3071676 1614 3.5/7 3.22 4 1643 1643
32. Hislop, James K AUS 5192566 2155 3.5/6 5.34 -27 1805 1862
33. Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 3112974 1923 2.5/6 3.84 -19 1822 1765
34. Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 3086435 1859 2.0/5 2.25 -4 1898 1826
35. Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 7293495 1831 2.5/6 3.36 -13 1788 1731
36. Bowen, Leon AUS 3104783 1765 3.0/6 2.28 10 1854 1854
37. Hilliard, Geoffrey AUS 3076521 1763 1.5/5 2.10 -9 1822 1673
38. Wolf, Peter AUS 3104304 1762 1.0/3 1.44 -6 1775 1650
39. Kara, Barbaros AUS 3116021 1756 3.0/6 4.26 -19 1596 1596
40. Zileski, George AUS 3243695 1743 2.5/5 2.95 -7 1680 1680
41. Matelan, Anton AUS 3101964 1723 1.5/3 2.76 -19 1314 1314
42. Macgregor, Angus J AUS 3079730 1638 1.5/5 3.30 -27 1523 1374
43. Sucevic, Milic AUS 3092724 1610 3.0/5 2.35 10 1632 1704
44. Bultman, Grant AUS 3120121 1582 3.5/6 3.12 6 1568 1625
45. Ghobrial, Adel AUS 3094920 1560 2.5/6 3.48 -15 1500 1443
46. Stanisheff, Alex AUS 3117130 1550 3.0/7 1.96 15 1715 1665
47. Wertheim, Stephen AUS 1272484 1541 2.5/7 2.94 -6 1601 1499
48. Meldau, Henning AUS 3116054 1527 2.5/6 2.52 0 1588 1531
49. Yu, Derek AUS 3106021 1520 2.5/6 1.92 9 1654 1597
50. Glenton, Alan AUS 3120456 1510 2.0/5 2.55 -9 1505 1433
51. Reid, Bill AUS 3101846 1503 2.5/6 1.62 13 1677 1620
52. Faust, Siegfried AUS 3074373 1502 3.0/4 3.04 0 1298 1491
53. Ivanov, Nikola AUS 3077195 1469 1.0/4 1.04 0 1652 1459
54. Stones, Douglas AUS 3121654 1460 2.5/6 1.44 16 1662 1605
55. Steel, Michael AUS 2147560 1439 0 0
56. Tang, Jason AUS 3116953 1366 1.0/5 0.30 10 1800 1560
57. Dalton, Samuel AUS 3115413 1348 1.5/4 0.96 7 1551 1464
58. Spencer, Anthony G AUS 3085396 1336 0.0/4 0.84 -12 1564 565
59. Hogan, Steven AUS 3112941 1321 1.5/6 1.26 3 1548 1355
60. Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 3117535 1316 1.5/5 1.65 -3 1444 1295
61. Mustafa, Metin AUS 3106441 1289 1.5/4 1.80 -4 1322 1235
62. Dalton, Joshua AUS 3115612 1265 2.5/6 0.36 31 1703 1646
63. Dalton, Laurie AUS 3117561 1233 1.5/6 0.30 18 1690 1497
64. Beet, Cameron AUS 3120261 1219 3.5/7 0.49 45 1644 1644
65. Smith, Wendy AUS 3102060 1210 0.0/3 0.15 -3 1674 675
66. Sanderson, Paul AUS 3101861 1191 0.0/5 0.75 -12 1483 484
67. Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 3098840 1133 0.0/5 0.40 -6 1526 527
68. Cameron, James AUS 3111692 1121 1.5/6 0.24 19 1638 1445
69. Kenmure, Jamie AUS 3119641 1102 1.5/5 0.45 16 1477 1328
70. Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 3121444 1084 1.5/6 0.18 19 1613 1420
71. Yu, Sally AUS 3113302 1073 1.0/6 0.84 3 1382 1109
72. Wicks, Michael AUS 2409035 897 0.0/4 0.20 -3 1370 371
73. Toper, David AUS 3118871 796 2.0/6 0.06 28 1494 1369
74. Antolis, Cedric AUS 3.0/7 1611 1561
75. Au, Denis AUS 1.5/5 1580 1431
76. Buda, Alexander AUS 3123230 1.0/6 1452 1179
77. Elmer, Anthony AUS 0.0/6 1237 238
78. Graham, Beau AUS 0.0/1 1859 860
79. Hodge, Fred AUS 3122235 3.0/6 1316 1316
80. Hopkins, Rhys AUS 3122983 2.0/7 1348 1190
81. Kordes, David AUS 0.0/5 1196 197
82. Litviak, Daniel AUS 0.0/1 1756 757
83. Podvorac, Zeljko AUS 3123193 4.0/7 1638 1651
84. Pramod, T.G. AUS 3.5/7 1719 1719
85. Scott, Kate AUS 0.0/2 1452 453

once again yours, M

bobby1972
02-11-2005, 09:37 AM
good to see someone in the prize list who didn`t play for 8 years,its makes a mockery of all those who work so hard and get nothing ,good to see ,caisa takes only the weak souls and never lets them go even for a few years and we know many whose lives are chess and will never be let go,good to see some one who has defied chess mania for 8 years winning,

four four two
02-11-2005, 10:08 AM
You know Stallone is making Rocky6 and Rambo4 next year,its true people.

When will you be making your comeback Bobby1972? 8 years from now? Next Australian open? Do you think you can still land a few "uppercuts" to the IM's? It would be good to see you don your "gloves" again. ;)

Mischa
02-11-2005, 04:03 PM
My head hurts!

Rincewind
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
My head hurts!

I meant open the door and come in, Mr Gumby.

firegoat7
02-11-2005, 06:19 PM
good to see someone in the prize list who didn`t play for 8 years,its makes a mockery of all those who work so hard and get nothing ,good to see ,caisa takes only the weak souls and never lets them go even for a few years and we know many whose lives are chess and will never be let go,good to see some one who has defied chess mania for 8 years winning,

Ahhh quit you belly aching. Chess is only for those strong in character. :boohoo:

cheers Fg7

firegoat7
02-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Hello,

Is this the official crosstable? Because I don't believe this is correct.

32. Hislop, James K AUS 5192566 2155 3.5/6 5.34 -27 1805 1862

cheers Fg7

ursogr8
02-11-2005, 08:30 PM
The Competitive index for round 1 is calculated at 692 (after exclusion of unrated players, and the Toper-Hislop game).

starter

Garvinator
02-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Firstly I must say that to some the order of the seedings looks quite unusual, but Gary Bekker decided that as a FIDE rated event where not all players had FIDE ratings, he would use those who had FIDE Ratings as the basis for the seedings; hence Roland Brockman (FIDE 1784, ACF 1614 ) was seeded above Jamie Hislop ( ACF 2155 ) in the event; Jamie was the highest rated of those without FIDE ratings; those above him with FIDE ratings were seeded according to those, not their ACF Ratings.

Were players aware that players were going to be seeded like this before entering?

Alan Shore
02-11-2005, 09:10 PM
The Competitive index for round 1 is calculated at 692 (after exclusion of unrated players, and the Toper-Hislop game).

starter

Please go away.

Mischa
02-11-2005, 09:11 PM
:)

bobby1972
03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
:P Hey firegoat you must be joking strong in what ? look around pal ,look and tell me is that the truth is,do you think you got strong character. "CHESS is only for those strong in character",here is a good one for you "MY SELF WORTH IS NOT RELATED TO CHESS" yes i have heard that one before.by the way i am quite happy with my results over last 2 years love chess in moderation here is where CHARACTER is needed do you agree.but the truth is it tends to suck the very bone marrow out of some people (the same people with the strong character you are talking about)till it becomes everything,you know what i mean because we have talked about it,you know no carrer,family,children,partner but what the hell they got character and play chess,i tell you caisa is strong. :P :P :D :)

four four two
03-11-2005, 08:55 AM
So do some chess players need an "exorcism" to rid them selves of this "devil" Caissa? :hmm: :lol: :whistle:

Watto
03-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Perhaps someone from the Does God Exist thread can offer their services? ;)

firegoat7
03-11-2005, 12:24 PM
:P Hey firegoat you must be joking strong in what ? look around pal ,look and tell me is that the truth is,do you think you got strong character. "CHESS is only for those strong in character",here is a good one for you "MY SELF WORTH IS NOT RELATED TO CHESS" yes i have heard that one before.by the way i am quite happy with my results over last 2 years love chess in moderation here is where CHARACTER is needed do you agree.but the truth is it tends to suck the very bone marrow out of some people (the same people with the strong character you are talking about)till it becomes everything,you know what i mean because we have talked about it,you know no carrer,family,children,partner but what the hell they got character and play chess,i tell you caisa is strong. :P :P :D :)

Ok I Ascaro i will bite.

Firstly from a personal level, chess has helped to keep me on the straight and narrow. For instance of my five best friends in high school. Three are now dead! All died young in their twenties and thirties from drug abuse and medical conditions related to legal and illegal drugs.
I believe that chess helps you to respect thinking, anything that helps you to not blow your mind when it comes to drugs must be a good thing.

On the second personal note. I have some wonderful friends from chess, god knows I even met you!

So let us talk about you.

If your obsession with chess is interfering with your personal life then that is a problem. IMO the secret is to find a balance. You can still study and play chess, just make it based on qualitative experiences instead of quantitative experiences. I don't really know your personal experience, but there is no reason to suggest chess is the cause, maybe its your personality, maybe its something else? Have you ever thought that you may be suffering from a medical condition your not aware of?

As for self worth not being related to chess? Well that is an interesting question. Losing a game ought not to be related to self worth. It simply makes no sense to base self worth on winning and losing. If self worth is related to chess, then it is related in the form of stoic determination, creativity, inquisitivness, sportsmanship, love for the game or care for the relationships you develop with the people who play the game.

I reckon your a champ Ascaro, I hope you come back to play at MCC. I love your post mortems they are a great life experience.

cheers Fg7

47MC
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
congratz to the 3 winners. also congratz to chris wallis, who was undefeated beating a 1316 a 1743 and a 1990, and drawing with a 2378, a 2324, a 2291 and a 2084. solid! :)

ursogr8
03-11-2005, 01:37 PM
The Competitive index for rounds 1, 2 are calculated at 692, 431 (after exclusion of unrated players).

starter

bobby1972
03-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Dave that was a heavy reply man.yes chess has been good to me too the following are all due to chess in a round about way in my life, going back to study, this job,and meeeting my wife .but if i had let chess suck the very bone marrow out of my life like too many do none of that would have come about.why is it so hard to see the truth,caisa preys on the weak souls its there for all too see ,i am as much into chess as you are but i see what it does to some people its dangerous for some they retreat into a fantasy world and never get out.

Mischa
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
congratz to the 3 winners. also congratz to chris wallis, who was undefeated beating a 1316 a 1743 and a 1990, and drawing with a 2378, a 2324, a 2291 and a 2084. solid! :)

Yes Chris played like the solid champion he is...well done!
Also congrats to Eugene Schon for his convincing win in the under 1600!

Jeff's kids did him proud!

Cas
03-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I was at the Elwood Championship - not as a chess player, but as a wife and friend of people involved.

I'd just like to say it was a great day, very friendly and relaxed - as well as some excellant chess played.

Igor_Goldenberg
04-11-2005, 09:49 AM

He was set to win in two of his draws (against myself and Hacche). Better luck next time!

Mischa
04-11-2005, 08:26 PM
ha he will get you next time I bet!!

Igor_Goldenberg
04-11-2005, 09:08 PM
ha he will get you next time I bet!!

You want a bet? :)

Mischa
04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
hmmmmm....interesting idea....
I will certainly wach the game with 'interest'

four four two
04-11-2005, 11:29 PM
My money is on Igor,no offense to Chris. Lets not forget Igor did win the vic champs in 1995. Any plans on playing in Brisbane or Queenstown Igor? :hmm:

ursogr8
05-11-2005, 04:10 PM
The Competitive Indicies for rounds 1 - 3 are calculated at 692, 431, 371 (after exclusion of unrated players).

starter

Igor_Goldenberg
05-11-2005, 04:29 PM
My money is on Igor,no offense to Chris. Lets not forget Igor did win the vic champs in 1995. Any plans on playing in Brisbane or Queenstown Igor? :hmm:

Do I get a percentage if you win your bet? :)
Queenstown - no.
Brisbane - not likely, but still possible.

Starter, what is "competitive index"?

ursogr8
05-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Do I get a percentage if you win your bet? :)
Queenstown - no.
Brisbane - not likely, but still possible.

Starter, what is "competitive index"?

Igor

There is a summary here, in the first post in another thread. (http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=4315&postcount=1)

You are unlikely to want to read the whole thread (at one sitting :uhoh: ;)) , but the thread address is here. (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=229&page=1&highlight=competitive)

regards
starter

Igor_Goldenberg
05-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Starter

ursogr8
06-11-2005, 06:02 AM
The Competitive Indicies for rounds 1 - 4 are calculated at 692, 431, 371, 318 (after exclusion of unrated players).

starter

Bill Gletsos
06-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I have been informed by the arbiter that the result of the round 7 game between Rhys Hopkins and Devraj Bhattacharya should be 1:0 and not 0:1 as shown in the previous results listings.

Bereaved
06-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Hello everyone, in light of the above post, here is a revised set of final standings

Apologies for any confusion about the results Firegoat, but the results for ratings is only indicative of games against rated players.

1-3 Smerdon, David C AUS 2421 2418 6
Goldenberg, Igor AUS 2335 2378 6
Tabatt, Hendrik GER 2223 2157 6
4 Froehlich, Peter GER 2360 2376 5.5
5-14 Johansen, Darryl K AUS 2462 2460 5
Baron, Michael AUS 2320 2260 5
Bjelobrk, Igor NZL 2399 2423 5
Sandler, Leonid AUS 2381 2324 5
Wallis, Christopher AUS 2114 2003 5
Hacche, David J AUS 2187 2084 5
Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija BIH 2122 1997 5
Skiotis, Pano AUS 2178 2050 5
Lojanica, Milenko BIH 2112 2043 5
Rujevic, Mirko AUS 2247 2221 5
15-24 Guthrie, Aaron AUS 2257 2189 4.5
Hislop, James K AUS 2155 4.5
Stead, Kerry AUS 2056 1964 4.5
Dragicevic, Domagoj AUS 2135 2106 4.5
Ly, Thai AUS 2051 1910 4.5
Pyke, Malcolm L AUS 2126 2005 4.5
Zileski, George AUS 1743 4.5
Stirling, Nathan AUS 2087 2021 4.5
Frost, Peter AUS 1942 1754 4.5
Szuveges, Narelle S AUS 1895 1673 4.5
25-34 Depasquale, Chris J AUS 2309 2291 4
Voon, Richard AUS 2090 1852 4
Tsagarakis, Angelo AUS 1859 4
Bowen, Leon AUS 1765 4
Schon, Eugene AUS 1790 1555 4
Flitney, Adrian AUS 2047 1990 4
Kara, Barbaros AUS 1756 4
Kildisas, Victor E AUS 2056 1914 4
Podvorac, Zeljko AUS 4
Sucevic, Milic AUS 1610 4
35-51 Rothlisberger, Marcel AUS 1831 3.5
Brockman, Roland AUS 1784 1614 3.5
Pramod, T.G. AUS 3.5
Beet, Cameron AUS 1219 3.5
Lojanica, Zdravko BIH 1923 3.5
Sunder, Vijay AUS 3.5
Stones, Douglas AUS 1460 3.5
Macgregor, Angus J AUS 1638 3.5
Morris, James AUS 1865 1673 3.5
Dalton, Joshua AUS 1265 3.5
Yu, Derek AUS 1520 3.5
Matelan, Anton AUS 1723 3.5
Reid, Bill AUS 1503 3.5
Ghobrial, Adel AUS 1560 3.5
Flude, David A AUS 1878 1788 3.5
Bultman, Grant AUS 1582 3.5
52-62 Tang, Jason AUS 1366 3
Antolis, Cedric AUS 3
Stanisheff, Alex AUS 1550 3
Dalton, Samuel AUS 1348 3
Kenmure, Jamie AUS 1102 3
Faust, Siegfried AUS 1502 3
Toper, David AUS 796 3
Hopkins, Rhys AUS 3
Hodge, Fred AUS 3
Wolf, Peter AUS 1762 3
63-69 Wertheim, Stephen AUS 1541 2.5
Cameron, James AUS 1121 2.5
Glenton, Alan AUS 1510 2.5
Meldau, Henning AUS 1527 2.5
Kostrzewa, Jake AUS 1316 2.5
Hogan, Steven AUS 1321 2.5
70-77 Ivanov, Nikola AUS 1469 2
Mustafa, Metin AUS 1289 2
Sanderson, Paul AUS 1191 2
Buda, Alexander AUS 2
Spencer, Anthony G AUS 1336 2
Yu, Sally AUS 1073 2
Zacharczenko, Vladimir AUS 1133 2
Wicks, Michael AUS 897 2
78-79 Bhattacharya, Devraj AUS 1084 1.5
Au, Denis AUS 1.5
80-82 Smith, Wendy AUS 1210 1
Kordes, David AUS 1
Elmer, Anthony AUS 1
83-86 Scott, Kate AUS 0
Graham, Beau AUS 0
Litviak, Daniel AUS 0
Steel, Michael AUS 1439 0

ursogr8
07-11-2005, 06:48 AM
The Competitive Indicies for rounds 1 - 5 are calculated at 692, 431, 371, 318, 294 (after exclusion of unrated players).

starter

ursogr8
08-11-2005, 07:25 AM
The Competitive Indicies for rounds 1 - 6 are calculated at 692, 431, 371, 318, 294, 226 (after exclusion of unrated players).

starter

ElevatorEscapee
08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
What was the prize money split from such a generous sponsorship?

ursogr8
09-11-2005, 07:31 AM
The Competitive Indicies for rounds 1 - 7 are calculated at 692, 431, 371, 318, 294, 226, 254 (after exclusion of unrated players).

starter

Carl Gorka
10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
More congrats to Elwood....your tourney was covered in TWIC, with 28 games included. That truly puts you on the map :cool: