PDA

View Full Version : question for Bill

bobby1972
30-09-2005, 03:38 PM
if there are forfeits in a round robin turney is it possible to get it fide rated,i am refering to the vic ch reserves.thanks

jase
30-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Yes, it's no problem.

A Round Robin event will still be rated if there are withdrawals, forfeits, or otherwise unplayed games.

The arbiter just submits the event as a Swiss tournament (this won't in any way alter ratings performances).

Bill Gletsos
30-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes, it's no problem.

A Round Robin event will still be rated if there are withdrawals, forfeits, or otherwise unplayed games.

The arbiter just submits the event as a Swiss tournament (this won't in any way alter ratings performances).I have heard this said previously but cannot find anywhere in the FIDE Regulations where this is stated.
It appears that it can be submitted as a round robin and still be rated.

In fact from the FIDE Rating Regulations it appears that for round robins only the following is relevant:
In a round robin tournament at least one-third of the players must be rated.

6.31 If the event has less than 10 players, at least 4 must be rated.

6.32 In a double round tournament with unrated participants, there must be at least 6 players, 4 of whom must be rated.

6.33 National Championships played as round robins shall be rated if at least 3 men (or 2 women in events exclusively for women) participants had official FIDE Ratings before the beginning of the tournament

jase
30-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I have heard this said previously but cannot find anywhere in the FIDE Regulations where this is stated.
If you read the regulation immediately following that which you have quoted, you shall find:

6.43 In the case of a round robin tournament where one or more games are unplayed, the results of the tournament are to be reported for rating as for a Swiss system tournament.

Bill Gletsos
30-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks, Jase.

bergil
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Bill, my dog has no nose?

Spiny Norman
02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Bill, my dog has no nose?
How does he smell?

bergil
02-10-2005, 03:43 PM