PDA

View Full Version : ACF - One on one with your Prez

Paul S
25-01-2004, 02:07 AM
Hi George

I thought I would plagiarise this idea from Amiel Rosario (Arosar) and do this for the ACF, viz "ACF - One on one with your Prez"! Hope you don't mind!

What did ACF Council end up deciding (at its National Coference of earlier this month) to do with my idea of prizes for the best BB posts of 2003?

What format/criteria will there be for judging the posts? What is the prizemoney? etc etc

Regards

Paul

paulb
29-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi George

I thought I would plagiarise this idea from Amiel Rosario (Arosar) and do this for the ACF, viz "ACF - One on one with your Prez"! Hope you don't mind!

What did ACF Council end up deciding (at its National Coference of earlier this month) to do with my idea of prizes for the best BB posts of 2003?

What format/criteria will there be for judging the posts? What is the prizemoney? etc etc

Regards

Paul

The ACF apparently agreed to this, and agreed to a "small" prize. I have to say it's not an idea I favour. I'll set up a board where people can post "candidates" for best post (you'll have to go and fiind them yoourselves). then people can vote. Then at end of february, pick a winner.

Bill Gletsos
29-01-2004, 11:00 AM
The ACF apparently agreed to this, and agreed to a "small" prize.
Did the ACF Council agree to this? I have never seen it as an agenda item.
I believed that the ACF President simply used his discretionary powers to allocate a small amount to bb prizes.

I have to say it's not an idea I favour.
I agree with you on that.

arosar
29-01-2004, 11:26 AM
I also do not agree to an idea of a prize - no matter how small. It's just a waste of money.

AR

paulb
29-01-2004, 03:19 PM
ACF decided it in this sense: George Howard told me "go ahead, small prize". George Howard effectively is the ACF for day-to-day purposes. Obviously tiny decisions like this are not going to go to a council meeting or the meetings would last three weeks instead of three hours.

Kevin Bonham
29-01-2004, 06:13 PM
I can't remember if it was actually meant to go before Council but inadvertently left out or if it was simply never considered a Council item at all.

Either way, it wasn't a Council decision.

I'll be interested to see how many nominations it now attracts, with the amount of trawling needed to find a 2003 post and several 2003 posts very difficult to read due to the Brazilian crash.

I suggest canning it if there are not at least a few non-frivolous nominations. If there does seem to be some interest then go ahead and see what happens.

george
30-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

I remember on the old board the BB Community or at least some people in it crying for a best posting prize of some description.

Therefore I said to Paul that OK lets try it if he thought it was an idea that had merit with the proviso the prize would be small and the funding would come from the President's budget therefore it didnt need to go to the Council.

If Paul or Kevin think this is a nonsense and a waste then lets scrap this idea - no problems - its just that some chess people who are regulars on this board and get much more out of it than others were keen on it.

So Paul , if we dont get burdened with posts on this in the next few days scrap the thing because then obviously Posters dont think its relevant.

Regards
George Howard

Paul S
30-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi all,

I remember on the old board the BB Community or at least some people in it crying for a best posting prize of some description.

Therefore I said to Paul that OK lets try it if he thought it was an idea that had merit with the proviso the prize would be small and the funding would come from the President's budget therefore it didnt need to go to the Council.

If Paul or Kevin think this is a nonsense and a waste then lets scrap this idea - no problems - its just that some chess people who are regulars on this board and get much more out of it than others were keen on it.

So Paul , if we dont get burdened with posts on this in the next few days scrap the thing because then obviously Posters dont think its relevant.

Regards
George Howard

Hi George

Thankyou for your reply.

I'm not totally sure which "Paul" you are referring to, although I suspect it is ACF Webmaster (and now ACF Vice President!), Paul Broekhuyse, and not me.

To BB readers (and especially my critics!)

I'll be the first to admit that idea on prizes for best 2003 BB postings is not the best idea in Australian Chess, but it is also a LONG way from being the worst!!! As I see it, it is something that is worth TRYING, and if it doesn't work out, then OK, we just scrap the idea for next year (2004 BB prizes). Reading "between the lines of posts from Paul B and George", it would appear that there is only going to be one prize (for BB post of the year) and that it will be around $100. Well, to all those BB critics, what is there to lose by giving it a TRY! The worst case is that the ACF loses $100, which is a minimal amount in the ACF's overall finances.

One of the things that annoys me in chess is that there are FAR more CRITICS than DOERS in chess - is it any wonder that it is so HARD to get people involved in Chess Admin? Is it any wonder that people just give up after a while in trying to improve Australian chess? Constructive criticism is fine (BTW, IMHO when I make criticisms on this BB they are intended as constructive criticisms), but unnecessary whingeing and nit picking is not (in my book). From my experiences in chess I have found that if you want something done then you have to do it yourself, so I guess I will have to do most (if not all!) the searching for suitable candidate posts for best BB post of 2003. No doubt after I have done all this work (which, BTW, I plan to do) and the prize has been decided there will be whingers who will complain AFTER the event!

While its up to people like George and Paul B to have the final say on the BB post prize(s), I would like there to be a condition attached to whoever wins, namely that they have to "re-invest" their prizemoney into Australian Chess (that is, they "donate" their winnings to a "chess cause of their choosing", such as their local chess club or the Olympiad Fund etc), which I think is in keeping with the volunteer ethos of Australian Chess Admin (most of us who read/post on this BB are in some way involved in voluntary Chess Admin roles) and the ethos of the ACF BB. Regardless of what george and Paul B decide on this, if I win I will donate my prize to "a chess cause of my choosing" (most likely to my primary club, Canterbury Leagues Chess Club).

For academic interest (for those who are interested), the reason I had thought this matter was discussed at the ACF Annual Conference (or more precisely the ACF Council Meeting after the ACF Annual Conference) was based on Georges post on the old BB on December 29 at 7.25am in the thread "Prizes for BB Postings" (see below). While George did NOT explicitly state that this matter would be raised (and finalised) at ACF Annual Conference (ACF Council Meeting after the ACF Annual Conference), indications were given in this post of George's that it would be. (BTW, this is not a problem for me that it wasn't raised - its just that others in this thread had questioned this matter, so, for academic interest, here it is!).

Here is the text of George Howard's post of 7.25am 29/12/03 in thread "Prizes for BB Postings".

Hi all,

I had a conversation with Paul the ACF Webmaster a few months ago about the issue of prizes for Postings.

I left the issue in his hands.

At the Council meeting following the ACF Conference in early January in Adelaide would probably be a good time for the Council to chat about this unless Paul wishes to do something earlier.

I indicated if he thought it a productive exercise some money could be made available from the President's budget - by the way I did not use any of that allocated funding to offset my costs during 2003 although probably I should have.

Anyway the Australian Chess Championships are due to start today and there is still work left to do by ALL the organisers including myself - so have a happy new year everyone and may you ALL win your fair share of chess games.

George Howard
President ACF

arosar
30-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Hey Paulie. Every time I read one of your posts man, I always feel like making the sign of the cross and quietly saying, 'Amen'.

:)

AR

Paul S
30-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey Paulie. Every time I read one of your posts man, I always feel like making the sign of the cross and quietly saying, 'Amen'.

:)

AR

It's OK, Amiel! All is forgiven!

:) :D :cool: :lol: :wink:

Kevin Bonham
30-01-2004, 05:16 PM

I don't think my opinion on this carries any more weight than any other poster's.

Rincewind
30-01-2004, 06:24 PM
I don't think my opinion on this carries any more weight than any other poster's.

I'm not particularly for it either. Money that could be better spent on chess admin and development, for mine.

Personally, I think in the future we should try to encourage people to donate any winnings from wagers on this board to chess causes too. How about the Olympiad Fund as a good default considing the year. :wink:

Garvinator
30-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm not particularly for it either. Money that could be better spent on chess admin and development, for mine.

Personally, I think in the future we should try to encourage people to donate any winnings from wagers on this board to chess causes too. How about the Olympiad Fund as a good default considing the year. :wink:
I thought the objective of the prize was to encourage ppl to debate a point properly instead of just being plain abusive.

The bb prize has been advertised, so in my opinion it cannot be withdrawn now :uhoh:

Rincewind
30-01-2004, 06:51 PM
I thought the objective of the prize was to encourage ppl to debate a point properly instead of just being plain abusive.

:eek: No one does that, surely!

The bb prize has been advertised, so in my opinion it cannot be withdrawn now :uhoh:

We haven't taken any entry fees yet. :wink:

Bill Gletsos
30-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Perhaps whatever money was going to be awarded in prizes should just be added to the Olympiad Appeal fund as a donation from the BB posters. :owned:

skip to my lou
30-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Perhaps they should go towards the fees of running the BB. :)

Paul S
30-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Perhaps they should go towards the fees of running the BB. :)

Hi Jeo

How much do you charge the ACF for your services? BTW, my understanding was that the ACF BB was all FREE prior to Chess Kit taking it over!

Paul S
30-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Perhaps whatever money was going to be awatded in prizes should just be added to the Olympiad Appeal fund as a donation from the BB posters. :owned:

The Olympiad is a worthy enough cause to donate to. :)

However, I have already donated well above the average chess player donation (and $75 more than the majority of chess players who contributed NOTHING!) to this cause (2004 Olympiad), so personally (if I won), I would want to donate to some other "chess cause". After all, what is the point of winning something if the winner has no say in what to do with their prize? :wall:

Bill Gletsos
30-01-2004, 09:39 PM
The Olympiad is a worthy enough cause to donate to. :)

However, I have already donated well above the average chess player donation (and $75 more than the majority of chess players who contributed NOTHING!) to this cause (2004 Olympiad), so personally (if I won), I would want to donate to some other "chess cause". After all, what is the point of winning something if the winner has no say in what to do with their prize? :wall:
Well personally I don't believe we should be wasting ACF funds on BB prizes.

skip to my lou
30-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Jeo

How much do you charge the ACF for your services? BTW, my understanding was that the ACF BB was all FREE prior to Chess Kit taking it over!

Nothing.

Though I spend US$160 once off + US$30 per year for forum software. (vBulletin)

Paul S
31-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Nothing.

Though I spend US$160 once off + US$30 per year for forum software. (vBulletin)

OK, it looks like I was mistaken. :oops:

Jeo, this is very noble of you to offer your services to the ACF for free. :D

Bill Gletsos
31-01-2004, 04:21 PM

I think you would find virtually all people involved with the ACF offer their services for free.
The same is true for those involved with State associations all the way down to clubs.

PHAT
01-02-2004, 06:14 AM
I think you would find virtually all people involved with the ACF offer their services for free.
The same is true for those involved with State associations all the way down to clubs.

Yep, very true, Bill. The reason you must use the phrase "vertuallt all", is that one very special chosen group must be paid peanuts - DOPs.

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Yep, very true, Bill. The reason you must use the phrase "vertuallt all", is that one very special chosen group must be paid peanuts - DOPs.
Keep in mind that at least at the club level in NSW those who act as DOP's for their club's internal competitions dont get paid to act as DOP's as far as I am aware.

As for those DOP's who are paid as you put it peanuts are you suggesting they should be paid more?

george
01-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

Yes Administrators etc do get bad press at times. Norbert for instance has been organising junior events for decades in WA. He is one of those tireless workers without whom chess would not have flourished.

We must all give the guy a break - we all at times make unfortunate decisions - only those who do nothing make NO mistakes.

Generally all the chess officials I know take on at times odious responsibilities with only the best of intentions.

Anyway we have our SACA AGM next Sunday so I have to make some preparations for that - bye now.

George Howard

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2004, 05:26 PM
We must all give the guy a break - we all at times make unfortunate decisions - only those who do nothing make NO mistakes.

Generally all the chess officials I know take on at times odious responsibilities with only the best of intentions.
Although what you say is fair comment and errors made thru ignorance of the rules although undesireable can be understood, it is an entirely different matter when the errors are due to stubborness and disregard for the opinions of those who clearly knew what the relevant rules were.

george
01-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi Bill,

I'm trying to be nice!! Diplomatic and friendly - the message gets through without necessarily hitting him in the head with a 4 x 2.

Regards

George

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi Bill,

I'm trying to be nice!! Diplomatic and friendly - the message gets through without necessarily hitting him in the head with a 4 x 2.
The message did not seem to get through when it was most needed at the actual tournament. It appears diplomacy failed at that time.

As for a piece of 4 x 2, I hadn't worked my way up to that yet. :wink: :whistle:

Garvinator
01-02-2004, 07:03 PM
As for a piece of 4 x 2, I hadn't worked my way up to that yet. :wink: :whistle:
more like you were trying to run over him with a 4 x 4 :hmm:

george
01-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi All,

In the end the playoff was achieved in accordance with ACF By-laws.

I arrived at the comp early the last day and I think with the best of intentions diplomacy , commonsense and honesty usually prevails.

I respect anyone who has done for chess in WA what Norbert has done - read earlier posts if anyone requires an explanation. ACF is taking steps to make sure at least that from our point of view ACF requirements are perfectly clearly expressed in our by-laws.

Regards
George Howard

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 01:48 PM

No, this bulletin board is not a service to ACF.

chesslover
02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Perhaps whatever money was going to be awarded in prizes should just be added to the Olympiad Appeal fund as a donation from the BB posters. :owned:

I think that all prizes should be donated back to australian chess, but should be to the australian chess activity of the poster's choice. Whilst some would like to give to the Olympiad, others would prefer to give it to the state chess asssociation, their local clubs to buy eqipment, junior chess etc

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Then its not a prize for that person, its a prize to whatever they choose, except they cant choose themselves.... :hmm:

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Then its not a prize for that person, its a prize to whatever they choose, except they cant choose themselves.... :hmm:
It was agreed on the old BB that if a prize must be given for the best bb posts then the money should go to some chess activity and not to the poster. Hence those whose posts won could nominate the activity it wa sto go towards.

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 05:48 PM
more like you were trying to run over him with a 4 x 4 :hmm:
Nope. Hadnt reached that point yet. :wink:
It comes after if the 4 X 2 fails.

Of course why use a 4 x 4 at all.
In such circumstanbces I'd go for a tank. :whistle:

chesslover
02-02-2004, 05:59 PM
It was agreed on the old BB that if a prize must be given for the best bb posts then the money should go to some chess activity and not to the poster. Hence those whose posts won could nominate the activity it wa sto go towards.

true

that is what I was saying too. That it should be given to an aust chess activity, but the winning poster dtermines what that is

Byteh way, what does your custom title mean, supreme leader?

PHAT
02-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Nope. Hadnt reached that point yet. :wink:
It comes after if the 4 X 2 fails.

Of course why use a 4 x 4 at all.
In such circumstanbces I'd go for a tank. :whistle:

If you want to stay out of gaol, you can't run about being so physically violent against those whom you need to control - guns, tanks, tsk tsk tsk.

Just put a snapshot of their kids going to school, a razerblade, and certain bodily emissions all in a cliplock bag, and send it to them.

No blood, no witnesses, and you should receive "respect".

chesslover
02-02-2004, 07:50 PM
If you want to stay out of gaol, you can't run about being so physically violent against those whom you need to control - guns, tanks, tsk tsk tsk.

Just put a snapshot of their kids going to school, a razerblade, and certain bodily emissions all in a cliplock bag, and send it to them.

No blood, no witnesses, and you should receive "respect".

you are mad...

what kind of a nutcase would do this thing? does your new wife know how your mind works?

I would call the police, and the police take a dim view of all of this.....you are really going beyond what is decent here :mad:

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 09:10 PM
you are mad...

what kind of a nutcase would do this thing? does your new wife know how your mind works?

I would call the police, and the police take a dim view of all of this.....you are really going beyond what is decent here :mad:
This is a BB. Keep your threats to PM's or phone calls. Any more of this crap from you and I will request one of the mods to take action.

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Barry, please delete and repost in non-chess.

Thanks.
What should or should not be deleted should be left to the moderators.
After all thats what you agreed. :whistle:

Rincewind
02-02-2004, 09:53 PM

It's fine Bill, Jeo just split this thread at the same time as I posted a message. The message I was replying to was no longer a part of this thread.

I'm glad Jeo split this thread because all that French dress regulation in school stuff was beginning to detract from the real reason for this thread. Which was again? :lol:

BTW the new thread also has comments re: Your Custom Title.

Bruce spoilt the fun and put CL out of his misery. :sad:

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 09:56 PM
I didn't delete anything, infact no one can delete anything, including you.

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 10:00 PM
I didn't delete anything, infact no one can delete anything, including you.
Well I know I can't delete anything.
What made you think I thought I could.

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 10:01 PM
As in, you can't delete your own post! :)

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 10:10 PM
People can delete their own posts. I did just a few seconds ago.

However more importantly why shouldnt people be able to delete their own posrs.

chesslover
02-02-2004, 10:12 PM
As in, you can't delete your own post! :)

but he can edit his post

and if you delete your post where you replied to Bill, then he can delete his own post

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 10:14 PM
do you mean "Since when can't people delete their own posts.

More importantly why shouldnt people be able to delete their own posts." this post?

As I said, you cant really delete it.

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Your post has been resurrected :)

chesslover
02-02-2004, 10:17 PM
This is a BB. Keep your threats to PM's or phone calls. Any more of this crap from you and I will request one of the mods to take action.

may i seek clarification here on what I did wrong that deserved such a response? :confused:

Matt posted something that was really inappropriate;

("If you want to stay out of gaol, you can't run about being so physically violent against those whom you need to control - guns, tanks, tsk tsk tsk.

No blood, no witnesses, and you should receive "respect".)

I merely pointed out that this was really going over the top, and that this sort of violent postings should not continue, and if carried out would have led to police action against anyone who undertook this sort of action that Matt posted...

was that wrong?

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Your playing semantics.

The post may still reside in the BB database but for all intents and purposes to the bb posters it is deleted, because they can no longer see or access it.

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Whatever it is, send it to the moderators if you feel it is not suitable for the board. There is also a button with the exclamation mark to report a bad post. If you feel it does not belong on the board, then there is no reason to quote it. Please make the mods job easier.

Thanks

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Matt posted something that was really inappropriate;

I merely pointed out that this was really going over the top, and that this sort of violent postings should not continue, and if carried out would have led to police action against anyone who undertook this sort of action that Matt posted...

was that wrong?
Get a grip CL. :rolleyes:
Matt was being ironic.

If I thought he was serious you would have seen me jump all over his post.

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Your playing semantics.

The post may still reside in the BB database but for all intents and purposes to the bb posters it is deleted, because they can no longer see or access it.
The original reason I said it can not be deleted is because you were referring to me moderating a post (deleting posts from this thread). So I told you that because even if I did delete the posts, it can be recovered.

chesslover
02-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Get a grip CL. :rolleyes:
Matt was being ironic.

If I thought he was serious you would have seen me jump all over his post.

well okay :)

How are people supposed to know taht he is joking or being ironic? maybe next time Matt just puts come symbols next to that, so people do not get confused and think that he has said something dangerous?

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 10:29 PM
The original reason I said it can not be deleted is because you were referring to me moderating a post (deleting posts from this thread). So I told you that because even if I did delete the posts, it can be recovered.
Then I suggest you misunderstood my post.
I never said you deleted a post.

You virtually demanded athe mods delete a post.
I suggested that it should be up to the mods to decide without being subjected to undue pressure.
My comment about what you agrreed was in that vein.

It just seemed to me that it would have been better to send a message to the mods rather than just place a post in the thread, a post that is then out of place if the moderators do actually delete the requested post.

Bill Gletsos
02-02-2004, 10:31 PM

How are people supposed to know taht he is joking or being ironic? maybe next time Matt just puts come symbols next to that, so people do not get confused and think that he has said something dangerous?
The written word has long existed without the use of smilies.

It is normally fairly obvious when someone is being ironic.

skip to my lou
02-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Right, then I mis understood.

I split the topic and he had replied to a post in the already moved posts and did not know if he picked up that it had been *split* rather than *deleted*.

Kevin Bonham
03-02-2004, 02:20 AM
Whatever it is, send it to the moderators if you feel it is not suitable for the board. There is also a button with the exclamation mark to report a bad post. If you feel it does not belong on the board, then there is no reason to quote it. Please make the mods job easier.

Nice to see some sense amid all the rubbish on this thread.

Yes, if anyone wants to reply to an offensive post please do not quote the post. Just name the person you are responding to. If you do quote an offensive post, you risk losing your own post.

Also if you have an issue with a post and think it should be deleted, report it, either using the ! button or by PMing one or more of the moderators. Otherwise we don't guarantee to see it.

george
03-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi All,

Talk about thread drift - getting back to the original topic - anybody want to talk to me about anything - if not OK.

George Howard

antichrist
03-02-2004, 04:22 PM

CL
You are another one who doesn't know when the penny drops. Your posts are famous for their inepitude, like that PR dude from Iraq during the war.

The truth can hurt but it also handy.

arosar
03-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Here's a perfect ACF role for you chesslover - from today's bulletin:

__________________________________________________ _____

Wanted: Olympiad Appeal Co-ordinator: The ACF is calling for interested persons wishing to fulfill the role of Olympiad Appeal Co-ordinator. The tasks involved can be flexible but the occupant must fulfil or arrange to have fulfilled the ACF Olympiad By-Laws, specifically para 2.
This is obviously a very important task this year and available resources will be allocated to assist the occupant of this position to carry out this important function. The ACF Treasurer will obviously assist in the usual manner with accounting tasks if required.
The success of the Olympiad Squads depend not only on their abilities but our (Australian Chess Community) ability to financially support the players, captains etc.
Persons interested should not hesitate to send applications to George Howard
ACF President at georgeshoward@hotmail.com or call me on 0414841575 for a confidential discussion.

AR

Garvinator
03-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Here's a perfect ACF role for you chesslover - from today's bulletin:

Wanted: Olympiad Appeal Co-ordinator: The ACF is calling for interested persons wishing to fulfill the role of Olympiad Appeal Co-ordinator. The tasks involved can be flexible but the occupant must fulfil or arrange to have fulfilled the ACF Olympiad By-Laws, specifically para 2.
This is obviously a very important task this year and available resources will be allocated to assist the occupant of this position to carry out this important function. The ACF Treasurer will obviously assist in the usual manner with accounting tasks if required.
The success of the Olympiad Squads depend not only on their abilities but our (Australian Chess Community) ability to financially support the players, captains etc.
Persons interested should not hesitate to send applications to George Howard
ACF President at georgeshoward@hotmail.com or call me on 0414841575 for a confidential discussion.

AR

I had the exact same thought when I read the acf bulletin too. But would CL be able to guarantee that appeals are run properly in this position :lol: :owned:

Bill Gletsos
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Of course just because someone applies does not mean they are accepted.

Rincewind
03-02-2004, 06:01 PM
I had the exact same thought when I read the acf bulletin too. But would CL be able to guarantee that appeals are run properly in this position :lol: :owned:

I believe the role is coordinatnig the Olympiad Appeal. IE raising funds to cover the team costs, etc. Not coordinating appeals of the olympiad selections.

Bill Gletsos
03-02-2004, 06:16 PM
I believe the role is coordinatnig the Olympiad Appeal. IE raising funds to cover the team costs, etc. Not coordinating appeals of the olympiad selections.
Entirely correct Barry. :clap:

chesslover
03-02-2004, 08:17 PM
The written word has long existed without the use of smilies.

It is normally fairly obvious when someone is being ironic.

I beg to differ

It is NOT obvious when someone is being ironic to EVERYONE. Just because it is obvious to you, does not mean it is obvious to EVERYONE

I just think that where theere is the potential to be misunderstood, you should use the symbols to indicate what the true intention of the text is :)

Now smiley told you that this is a "soft core" criticism of you, and there is no hard feelings, and that this is not a hard core attack on you for your email :)

chesslover
03-02-2004, 08:19 PM
But would CL be able to guarantee that appeals are run properly in this position :lol: :owned:

have your little fun..you know what they say about little minds... :hand:

Garvinator
03-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Entirely correct Barry. :clap:
thanks for ruining the joke guys :snooty: :p

Rincewind
03-02-2004, 10:08 PM
thanks for ruining the joke guys :snooty: :p

All right, be snooty! :snooty:

Garvinator
03-02-2004, 10:14 PM
All right, be snooty! :snooty:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :wall: :clap:

Bill Gletsos
03-02-2004, 10:17 PM
I beg to differ

It is NOT obvious when someone is being ironic to EVERYONE. Just because it is obvious to you, does not mean it is obvious to EVERYONE

I just think that where theere is the potential to be misunderstood, you should use the symbols to indicate what the true intention of the text is :)

Now smiley told you that this is a "soft core" criticism of you, and there is no hard feelings, and that this is not a hard core attack on you for your email :)
What email. :rolleyes:
I've sent you no email or PM. :rolleyes:
:whistle:

samspade
26-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by ggrayggray

I believe the role is coordinatnig the Olympiad Appeal. IE raising funds to cover the team costs, etc. Not coordinating appeals of the olympiad selections.Hey that's right we don't need anyone to process appeals against olympiad selections-we have courts for that;)

arosar
26-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Mr Prez.

How much does the ACF pay to FIDE annually?

AR