PDA

View Full Version : No entry fee no prize money! sf. Congratulations: Fide title recipients

fletch
08-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Why should i pay extra entry fee to have the honor of playing along side masters?

When :

1. they win prize money which i might win if they were not there.

2. i might not get to play them anyway.

3. it seems now that some of them (WIM) have a lower rating than me.

4. i have more interesting games against people my own rating.

antichrist
08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Why should i pay extra entry fee to have the honor of playing along side masters?

When :

In my thread She's a Stunner I was gunned down for giving females piece odds as insulting yet giving titles to lower rated females than males is permitted and breaks the same principle???

pax
08-09-2005, 04:12 PM

When :

There is an easy solution to that. Stick to club events and low profile weekenders, and steer clear of the big important events like Doeberl and Australian Championships. It's your choice.

jenni
08-09-2005, 05:16 PM

When :

People play for all sorts of reasons - I play because my kids play and it is fun. (also it is impossible to yell at your kid for blundering in an important game, when you have done it 100 times yourself :lol: ) Others play because they enjoy seeing their mates and it is a social thing. Others play to win rating group prizes and get really disappointed when their rating goes up :) Others play to improve their chess, others because they are at the top and they enjoy winning the tournament and a big prize.

There is plenty of choice - no need to worry about it, cos you don't have to pay "extra" and play in a tournament with GM's and IM's if you don't want to - choose a low profile weekender that doesn't have them play in it. Those people who want to play alongside an IM and watch their games and maybe even get to play them if they perform well enough, can choose the high profile tournaments.

Kevin Bonham
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
fletch: perhaps Matthew Sweeney's "Common Man" tournament is the tournament for you. :P

ElevatorEscapee
08-09-2005, 10:09 PM

When :

Just curious Fletch, what do you think of Pauline Hanson? ;) :lol:

eclectic
08-09-2005, 10:35 PM

message to matthew sweeney

hey matt,

after seeing this )*( deal out the above underhanded blow against narelle

i'll turn a blind eye should you reprise an accidental mispelling of his username

eclectic

PHAT
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
fletch: perhaps Matthew Sweeney's "Common Man" tournament is the tournament for you. :P

Yes it would. :banana:

PHAT
08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
i'll turn a blind eye should you reprise an accidental mispelling of his username

I wonder if we can narrow down the suspects for his ID. With a rating above 1673 and living in Victoria he could only be one of a dozen or so ;)

ElevatorEscapee
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
The Country Victorian Chess Championships will be held in Castlemaine this year on the weekend of October the 15th and 16th (so as not to clash with the Geelong open)...

All elligible entrants welcome! :D

(Of course, one could always have a sex change operation, and compete for the women's Country Vic title... ;) :lol: )

fletch
13-09-2005, 07:52 PM
i fancy pauline hanson

fletch
13-09-2005, 07:55 PM
i think Narelle is good for Aust. chess and have never insulted her.