PDA

View Full Version : fritz 8 question

bunta
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
hey guys, with fritz 8, how do you do proper analysis? well i know how to perform the operation. But how do you get a print out of all your moves and after every single move you have whose winning (if black is better than - + ) etc. Its just i dont get much out of the analysis, any tippers?

qpawn
24-01-2006, 01:13 PM
I am trying to work out the same thing!:mad:

Phil Bourke
24-01-2006, 08:54 PM
hey guys, with fritz 8, how do you do proper analysis? well i know how to perform the operation. But how do you get a print out of all your moves and after every single move you have whose winning (if black is better than - + ) etc. Its just i dont get much out of the analysis, any tippers?

If you go to Tools/Options/Clocks and Notation you can set it to store evaluations when Fritz is playing. I think this only gets the evaluation after each move that Fritz plays.
If you are entering the moves for both sides, the only way I can think of doing what you want is to allow a couple of minutes for the evaluation to be a more settled figure, then enter the evaluation shown as a comment in the game text. Long process, but if it is what you want, it is achievable.
The simple way for this is, Ctrl + A to open up the text box, Type in the evaluation, and Alt + O to close the text box.
You may be happy with just right clicking the analysis box and using the Copy to Notation for the first line being analysed, or the Copy All to Notation for every line that is being evaluated.
You may also benefit from playing with the options Training, Opening Reference, etc under Full Analysis. The only other tip I can think of is to crank up the Analysis time to 60 secs or more, that will really pull the game to bits. Though you have to realise, Fritz is especially good at the tactical themes you may have missed, but may not help much with any strategical errors. For that you have to go back to the old ways of books, or asking a better player.

qpawn
01-02-2006, 02:56 PM
When I use fritz8 I get a scrensaver conflict that's a pain. My windows csreensaver is set to 4 mins. So every 4 minutes Fritz8 stops for about 10 secs and refreshes the screen. The screensaver never comes up. The hourgalss just freezes.

Any suggestions?

Should I disable the screen saver? Would that burn a hole in my PC?

Rincewind
01-02-2006, 04:11 PM
When I use fritz8 I get a scrensaver conflict that's a pain. My windows csreensaver is set to 4 mins. So every 4 minutes Fritz8 stops for about 10 secs and refreshes the screen. The screensaver never comes up. The hourgalss just freezes.

Any suggestions?

Should I disable the screen saver? Would that burn a hole in my PC?

You probably need to chose a screen saver which is not CPU intensive. Something that just blanks the screen should be ok.

qpawn
03-02-2006, 07:53 AM
That has worked well! The blank saver just blanks the game out for a few seconds and brings it back on again.