PDA

View Full Version : Trying to patch together the St George archives...

The_Wise_Man
22-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Knowing that the collective work of many is more than the one...

I have decided to throw up the challenge....

I am in the midst of pulling together the past Champions of St George for the new website... As such their will be a Hall of Fame page....

Any help is much appreciated...

Wise

antichrist
26-08-2005, 08:55 AM
TWM, nothing personal, but a "Hall of Infamey" as well?

(I already know to get st.....)

Lucena
27-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't want to sound mean Chris, but it could be suggested that now is not exactly the most appropriate time to be posting a thread like this?

Garvinator
27-08-2005, 02:02 PM
I don't want to sound mean Chris, but it could be suggested that now is not exactly the most appropriate time to be posting a thread like this?
that would be true.

The_Wise_Man
27-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I, like most of the NSW chess community, have moved on from the past couple of months....

As such, I am trying to do some good things for my club and chess in general in the St George area....

One of those things is getting the St George Leagues Club Chess Club website up with some interesting info on it... It is an area that we have found as a club we are totally lacking.

If you can assist me with my efforts, I would most appreciate it.

Wise

arosar
27-08-2005, 07:15 PM
This is really just an effort by the St George prez to sweep the recent events under the carpet. It's diversion.

AR

bergil
28-08-2005, 01:08 PM
This is really just an effort by the St George prez to sweep the recent events under the carpet. It's diversion.

AR
No they are creating a new web site and wants to honour those players from the past. Chris is trying to do something positive for his club, if you can't help don't hinder!

arosar
28-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Well you obviously took it hook, line and sinker. Think about it: 2 highly damaging controversies and now suddenly they care about their history? Puh-lzz..

AR

The_Wise_Man
28-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Things move on Amiel...

I am more than happy for you to contribute to this thread....

If you want to continue your conspiracy theories... either your blog or the threads involved.... I have a job to do!

If you can help... I am more than willing to take your help....
If you are here to hinder... then I think your time can be better spent...

Wise

ursogr8
28-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Knowing that the collective work of many is more than the one...

I have decided to throw up the challenge....

I am in the midst of pulling together the past Champions of St George for the new website... As such their will be a Hall of Fame page....

Any help is much appreciated...

Wise

hi TWM

I have some real interest in your archive search. We recently completed a 50th year publication, and had a few gaps in records for earlier years.
Your spreadsheet attached to your post lists a Club President, but no mention of the office of Club captain. Who manages your calendar and event-planning & execution if not the Captain?

regards
starter

bergil
29-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Well you obviously took it hook, line and sinker. Think about it: 2 highly damaging controversies and now suddenly they care about their history? Puh-lzz..

AR
What are you trying to achieve?

Why are you giving St George such a hard time?

You don't play grades, so that can't be it.

You weren't involved with their club championship, so that can't be it.

Your not a member of a rival club, so that can't be it.

Your not on the NSWCA council, so that can't be it but maybe you'd like to be! Is that it? or are you using St George to bash the NSWCA?

C'mon AR, what's the reason?

arosar
29-08-2005, 07:08 AM
And you're supporting them because? Oh I get it .... fishing for a new club eh?

Keep replying mate.

AR

antichrist
29-08-2005, 08:03 AM
What are you trying to achieve?

Why are you giving St George such a hard time?

You don't play grades, so that can't be it.

You weren't involved with their club championship, so that can't be it.

Your not a member of a rival club, so that can't be it.

Your not on the NSWCA council, so that can't be it but maybe you'd like to be! Is that it? or are you using St George to bash the NSWCA?

C'mon AR, what's the reason?

One could be none of the above but still have a love and respect for chess in this country and one's homeland.

Thunderspirit
29-08-2005, 09:04 AM

Gazza... It's time to move on... Chris is doing good work as president and this some info he seeks to complete....

Thunderspirit
29-08-2005, 09:06 AM

AR

St George Chess Club will take the club championship problems, learn, move on and it will become stronger from the process...

St George are great club... All 5 Grades this year... maybe interleagues as well...

Trent Parker
29-08-2005, 09:32 AM
St George are great club... All 5 Grades this year... maybe interleagues as well...

[grumble grumbe :evil: ] :lol:

antichrist
29-08-2005, 11:06 AM
The hide of Jessie the Cow is certainly getting a beating.

Rincewind
29-08-2005, 12:14 PM
The hide of Jessie the Cow is certainly getting a beating.

I think Jessie is confused. I always thought she was an elephant.

antichrist
29-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I think Jessie is confused. I always thought she was an elephant.

Up my way she was always a cow.

St George Chess Club remind me of George W Bush, aftering bombing the Christ out of Iraq for no good reason, then saying we have moved on there, aren't we good and smart.

Rincewind
29-08-2005, 01:02 PM

:hmm: I may have to ruminate on that one. :hmm:

Paul S
29-08-2005, 09:11 PM

AR

That is garbage! Amiel, you should apologise to The Wise Man.

No wonder that people don't want to get involved with chess administration when they have to put up with this sort of garbage! Why bother?

bergil
29-08-2005, 11:46 PM
And you're supporting them because? Oh I get it .... fishing for a new club eh?

Keep replying mate.

AR
Nah, they have enough trouble without me. :doh: But I do know its hard to get people to run a club, so I don't want to see people who do move on because of the grief.

bergil
30-08-2005, 12:06 AM

St George Chess Club remind me of George W Bush, aftering bombing the Christ out of Iraq for no good reason, then saying we have moved on there, aren't we good and smart.
"aftering" :hmm:

Bill Gletsos
31-08-2005, 11:01 PM
1995 - George Winter tied with Oleg Raychman for first for the Club Championship according to a report in the August/September 1995 issue of Australian Chess Magazine

The_Wise_Man
04-03-2006, 09:43 PM
updated a little bit... people may recall some more details...

Help appreciated!

Wise