PDA

View Full Version : phpbb2 chess

nitro4ce
13-08-2005, 11:41 PM
do someone know something about an online chess (human vs human) mod with phpbb integration (score is shown at phpbb2 forum )?
it seems that the mod was invented in november 2003. please take a look here:
http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=95&page=2&pp=15&highlight=phpbb+chess

if someone know something (specially member "skip to my lou"), please reply this message with the link, i will really appreciate it.

thx in advance. cya.

skip to my lou
13-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Well yes, I've modded phpBB with the lot, but then we switched to vBulletin.

nitro4ce
14-08-2005, 02:18 AM
is there a site where i can download the mod? or maybe u can email me the mod?, because i want to put that game in my site. thanks.

skip to my lou
14-08-2005, 03:25 AM
No, there is no such site that I know of, and my own is on some backup DVD somewhere. (maybe).

nitro4ce
14-08-2005, 05:22 AM
if u find it please, email it to me at nitro4ce@hotmail.com
come on, please. i will appreciate your help.

ps: if u dont want to email it, u can attach te file here, in a zip or whatever u like, but please do me this favour, im in a hurry. the size of the file isnt too big right? 2 mb at the most.

skip to my lou
14-08-2005, 12:51 PM
hurry? no. my DVDs aren't really organised, and I have 100s of them, unless I stumble across it accidently I doubt I'll find it.

It would be more fun to just code it yourself using the LT PGN/FEN engine.

Garvinator
14-08-2005, 02:02 PM
It would be more fun to just code it yourself using the LT PGN/FEN engine.
it will be more fun for skip if you code it yourself :whistle:

skip to my lou
14-08-2005, 02:24 PM
it will be more fun for skip if you code it yourself :whistle:

:confused: go away. Please take note of forum title before posting in it.

nitro4ce
14-08-2005, 04:34 PM
ehh.. sorry but im not a programmer or coder, so i dont think im going to make it:

first of all i have to write the java game, then i have to make it work online, then i have to make it work betwen members of phpbb, then i have to integer it to the punctuation system, and assemble it with the database, etc.

i dont think im gonna make it indeed. i have no experience with php neither with tpl.

but just for the case i try to begin to do this exhaustive job, in wich i see nothing of "fun", please tell me where to download the "LT PGN/FEN engine".

skip to my lou
14-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Search google for PGN viewer, and good luck.

pax
14-08-2005, 10:11 PM
LT-PGNviewer:
http://www.lutanho.net/pgn/ltpgnviewer.html

It's a really excellent pgn viewer and very versatile.