PDA

View Full Version : Drouin Open Championship on 21/22 Feb

biggles
19-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Another reminder that the inaugural Drouin Open Championship is being held over the weekend of 21/22 February in Drouin. All details can be found on the web site at www.possumpages.com.au/drouinchess
Cost is $40 ($50 for late registration) or $20 for juniors under 18.
It is a 7 round swiss, starting 10 am Saturday.
This tournament is part of the Drouin Festival and we hope to attract a lot of younger players, to encourage chess in Gippsland.

David Bell
Organiser

ursogr8
19-01-2004, 07:19 AM
David

You have already a thread under the TOURNAMENTS FORUM, advertising the Drouin event. And a few posters have left questions there. You may wish to rationalisethe duplicate.

biggles
19-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Naturally I am keen to promote this new event as widely as possible, hence the double set of info..but on the tournament page I see no questions as suggested by the previous respondent.

David Bell

Commentator
19-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Naturally I am keen to promote this new event as widely as possible, hence the double set of info..but on the tournament page I see no questions as suggested by the previous respondent.

David Bell

David

Our Club placed a flyer for this event on the local notice-sheet. Seemed to have been received from Chess Guru which makes me think this is a GP event and will be rated by the ACF. But this was not in the flyer. Can you confirm?

C

arosar
19-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Don't be so formal man. We're on first name basis here. He is 'starter' - a very friendly and helpful Mexican.

Anyways, I believe the question in question was posed by Commentator. Also, spamming isn't a good idea. It turns people off. And unlike one or two members here, most of us BBers do pay attention - so need to place same thread in 2 different sections next time OK?

AR

biggles
21-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Everything seems to be a drama in the chess world. So to rehearse the facts about the Drouin Open. Yes it is rated. It is a category 1 Grand Prix event. The Drouin committee engaged Chess World to run it for us, but it is a Drouin event as part of the local festival. We are offering prize money of $1000 (and maybe some junior prizes) so we hope to get a good turnup and cover our costs.
One of our reasons for mounting this event is to bring good players into the region whom our young school players can meet and play. This is our primary objective.
One more thing. I love chess. I think it is one of life's greatest challenges, and I want to develop the Drouin championship into one of the great championships in the country. I will not be content until the prize money is $1,000,000 and one of our kids wins it.

David Bell
Organiser