PDA

View Full Version : Chess Thought Process

timeggers
18-01-2004, 10:03 PM
What is your thinking pattern when playing chess? How do you approach your game? What runs through your ming during each move? How does traditional play affect your strategy? How do you establish your self during play? Why do I ask so many questions? :?:

skip to my lou
18-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Because you have hit rating wall?

Read "Think like a grandmaster" by Kotov.

And as I said in the other thread you made, read Jeremy Silmans "How to reassess your chess" etc.

And DO NOT forget "My System" By Nimzowitsch. It is a MUST.

These strategy books will help you improve the thinking process.

timeggers
18-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Thank you Jeo. In this thread I was just hoping to hear about others and how they play, just for the sake of discussion, not so much to assist myself. I do appreciate your help on my other posting. I am looking into those books. Thanks again.

skip to my lou
18-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Ok well the way I think, not that its good, or that it matters......

First identify strategical points, such as open ranks, open diagonals, pawn structure, space etc etc.

Do this for both your side and opponents.

Now what is lacking in either side?

Work out if you can attack your opponents weak points quicker than he/she can attack yours... (work out the tactics).

Then execute the plan that you think is right.

Vijayendra
20-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Sometimes mind blanks out and we play some moves impulsively. True one should get control and come to the right track. :)

arosar
28-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello you blokes - got a bit of a question here again. What's the process for getting someone an OAM? I have another chess player in mind that I think deserves it.

AR

skip to my lou
28-01-2004, 10:49 AM
What is OAM?

. . .

Rincewind
28-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I think Amiel is referring to the Order of Australia Medal. Although what this has to do with the chess thought process I have no idea. I'm not familiar with the process but I assume there is some formal nomination procedure. Ring the office of your local Federal member and ask them.

antichrist
28-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Hello you blokes - got a bit of a question here again. What's the process for getting someone an OAM? I have another chess player in mind that I think deserves it.

AR

AR
I deserve it for the Sydney Easter Cup alone. Also for inciting Lloyd Fell into his first disqualification for 50 years. Also for showing up Big George Xie and Ed Agulto when Lloyd brought one of his problems along.

skip to my lou
28-01-2004, 12:15 PM
I think Amiel is referring to the Order of Australia Medal. Although what this has to do with the chess thought process I have no idea. I'm not familiar with the process but I assume there is some formal nomination procedure. Ring the office of your local Federal member and ask them.

So why is this idiot posting random questions in random threads? :confused:

Rincewind
28-01-2004, 12:53 PM
So why is this idiot posting random questions in random threads? :confused:

I'm sure Amiel had his reasons but I can't even begin to imagine what they were. Equally :confused:

skip to my lou
28-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm sure Amiel had his reasons but I can't even begin to imagine what they were. Equally :confused:
Look at the calendar thread, "Report Chess Events"

I got a bit of a question for you mate. Do you know ASP or some other superior code that can read a textfile like the ratings text file and turn that into a kinda like searchable data?

AR

. . .