PDA

View Full Version : President & Secretary Positions Vacant

rob
05-08-2005, 03:28 PM
At the CAWA AGM on Monday all those present were elected into one or two positions, however, some positions were unfilled.

The vacant positions include that of President and Secretary. So if there are any persons that may be interested in taking on a role for the CAWA they should contact a member of the CAWA executive.

The positions do require the persons to be residing in WA - so how about a move to Perth :)

Rincewind
05-08-2005, 03:59 PM
At the CAWA AGM on Monday all those present were elected into one or two positions, however, some positions were unfilled.

The vacant positions include that of President and Secretary. So if there are any persons that may be interested in taking on a role for the CAWA they should contact a member of the CAWA executive.

The positions do require the persons to be residing in WA - so how about a move to Perth :)

NSWCA seems to have one member in excess of requirements. Perhaps that person is considering a move. ;)

Garvinator
05-08-2005, 04:13 PM

i would guess that the person would also need to have some knowledge of perth and wa chess affairs and matters right ;)

How come Haydn stepped down? I remember you saying that wa was rife with politics, is this part of it?

rob
05-08-2005, 04:43 PM
i would guess that the person would also need to have some knowledge of perth and wa chess affairs and matters right ;)

Desirable perhaps, need - I think not :)

How come Haydn stepped down? I remember you saying that wa was rife with politics, is this part of it?

Haydn is one of the ppl doing two positions and that is plenty. Although any of the current executive could easy have taken up 4 or 5 positions if they wanted to.

rob
05-08-2005, 04:47 PM
NSWCA seems to have one member in excess of requirements. Perhaps that person is considering a move. ;)

:) I was also wondering about him

rob
05-08-2005, 05:44 PM
If we had wanted Iím sure my chess playing family (me, my wife, my father, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law) could have taken on many of the CAWA positions. :uhoh:

Of the five of us only my brother-in-law has not been held a CAWA position. At one point the other 4 held 6 positions, it may sound like we had too much influence but I don't think ppl saw it that way (I vaguely recall a few occasions when a small faction voted against my dad and I defeating us by 10 votes to 2 :lol: )
Currently only two of us have one CAWA position each.

antichrist
05-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Is Matthew getting going while the going is good?

Garvinator
06-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Desirable perhaps, need - I think not :)
i have been thinking for a while about coming to perth and seeing the city and playing in a chess tournament. I already have your calendar, just need the cash :whistle: