PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sign-on required

ursogr8
17-01-2004, 07:34 AM
I notice that if I log-in from the Forum Index screen and then choose a topic via right mouse-click and select 'Open in a new Window', that the board is requiring me to log-in a second time in the new window, (and sometimes a third time if I choose a second topic via the same navigation). Have had the anomaly for about 7 days. Any ideas what I am doing illogical?

starter

skip to my lou
17-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Check if cookies are enabled.

I open like 10 windows with no problem. (Mozilla Firebird 0.7)

ursogr8
17-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Check if cookies are enabled.

I open like 10 windows with no problem. (Mozilla Firebird 0.7)

hi Jeo

How is your dog?
No, strike that, I am in need of help. Don't annoy someone about to help you.

Start again.
hi Jeo
Yes your diagnosis is probably correct.
I turned off something, in I.E., on the other BB when the loading was slow.
Can't remember what I turned off.
And what does cookies enabled mean. Like, where do I check?

starter
PS
Oh yes, and
please.

Rincewind
17-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Start again.
hi Jeo

If you're using IE6 you go Tools->Internet Options->Privacy - I have mine set to Medium.

If you're using IE5 you go Tools->Internet Options->Security. I don't have IE5 installed, but from memory you go into Custom Levels and about half way down the list is the cookie options. You can choose accept, or prompt. Better to just accept I think. Unless you want to get a pop-up at every second site you go to.

OH, and when you log on, don't forget the check the "Automatically log me on every time" box on the login screen.

ursogr8
18-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Start again.
hi Jeo

If you're using IE6 you go Tools->Internet Options->Privacy - I have mine set to Medium.

If you're using IE5 you go Tools->Internet Options->Security. I don't have IE5 installed, but from memory you go into Custom Levels and about half way down the list is the cookie options. You can choose accept, or prompt. Better to just accept I think. Unless you want to get a pop-up at every second site you go to.

OH, and when you log on, don't forget the check the "Automatically log me on every time" box on the login screen.

Thanks Barry
I found I am using IE5.
I found that I already had 'cookies-enabled' accepted.

But, I didn't check the box that you referred to. What does that do or mean?

starter

ursogr8
18-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Start again.
hi Jeo

Thanks Barry
I found I am using IE5.
I found that I already had 'cookies-enabled' accepted.

starter

I think I am now fixed, OK, and happy. :)
Thanks B an K.

starter

Rincewind
18-01-2004, 03:05 PM

It's the option that tells phpBB to store a cookie on your machine. Without that you will need to re-login with each session.

If you are accessing the board from your machine, have it checked. If you are accessing it from a library or internet cafe or some other non-exclusive resourse, best to not check it. Or if you do, delete local content after you are finished.

Otherwisem, thenext user on that machine will still be effectively "logged on" should they visit this board (which they might if you also haven't flushed the history).

I think I am now fixed, OK, and happy. :)
Thanks B an K.starter

Don't mention it.

arosar
20-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Excuse me you blokes - does anyone else see those in-text hyperlinks? I seemed to have got them only recently. The links seem to go all over the place totally unrelated to the context.

They actually appear to be advertising to me.

AR

skip to my lou
20-01-2004, 07:21 PM
lol, scan your comp for virus/spyware.

skip to my lou
20-01-2004, 07:27 PM
:D and dont forget to check for "adware" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ursogr8
21-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Excuse me you blokes - does anyone else see those in-text hyperlinks? I seemed to have got them only recently. The links seem to go all over the place totally unrelated to the context.

They actually appear to be advertising to me.

AR

No AR, I am not seeing them.
starter

arosar
21-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Cheers boys. I was in a net cafe last night. I don't observe the problem here @ work.

AR

arosar
01-04-2004, 01:26 PM
have you recently banned another user. We can't seem to log-in under that ID anymore.

AR

skip to my lou
01-04-2004, 02:33 PM
have you recently banned another user. We can't seem to log-in under that ID anymore.

AR

what is the username?

It is possible that the table is corrupted and it can be fixed. No one is on banned list.

Bill Gletsos
01-04-2004, 03:05 PM

AR
Oh, that wouldnt be the chesslover id would it.