PDA

View Full Version : Nswjcl

bunta
19-07-2005, 05:34 PM
can anyone load up the NSWJCL website? or is it just my computer?

Bill Gletsos
19-07-2005, 06:17 PM
can anyone load up the NSWJCL website? or is it just my computer?It is currently down. Expect in back in a couple of days.

brett
26-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Seems to be up and going again.

Adamski
30-04-2015, 05:29 PM
This looks like a good place to put on record how impressed I am with the quality of the magazines produced by the New South Wales Junior Chess League (NSWJCL). Well done Richard Gastineau-Hills and team, and over many years!

Max Illingworth
30-04-2015, 09:29 PM
It's also worth pointing out the recent changes to the NSWJCL Executive (http://www.nswjcl.org.au/Contacts/nswcontacts.htm). Congratulations in particular to the new President, Brett Marsh (who succeeds Charles Zworestine, who held the position for 16 years) and new Vice-President, David Webster!

David Webster
01-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Thank you Max. Here is the email sent by Brett Marsh to all members in which he thanked Charles for his years of service to the NSWJCL.

Dear NSW Junior Chess players and parents

After 16 years as President of the NSW Junior Chess League, Charles Zworestine has decided to step down. Charles has been a key part of promoting junior chess and encouraging many juniors to participate. Many of you will know Charles from his participation at St George club as well as seeing Charles at many open tournaments and also the Australian Junior Chess Championship. I know many of you have been encouraged by him. Charles will remain an active participant in Junior Chess – firstly as President of the Australian Junior Chess League and also as arbiter at tournaments. Hopefully for many of you that know him, you will still be crossing paths. On behalf of the Committee and all junior players, I thank Charles for his many years of contribution.

After 6 years as Vice President of the NSW Junior Chess League, Peter Papantoniou has also stepped down having seen one of his children become one of the top junior players and graduate a few years ago. All recent committee members will particularly want to thank Peter for his wonderful hospitality in hosting Committee Meetings for the past 3 years.

We thank also Eu-han Chin for his contribution to the committee over the past year.

We welcome back as committee members:

Richard Gastineau-Hills – Richard many of you will know as Tournament Directors of holiday tournaments and also his tireless efforts in organising schools tournaments – both Primary and Secondary. Richard continues on the committee as Treasurer, Tournament Co-ordinator, Schools Co-ordinator and representing the NSWJCL at the NSW Chess Association.

David Webster – David has been involved on the NSWJCL committee for some years and now will hold the role as Vice President.

Sebastian Jurd – Sebastian continues on the Committee as Secretary.

Richard Torning – Rick returns to the Committee as Magazine editor

Eunice Koh – Eunice returns to the Committee as Membership Registrar

Brett Tindall – Brett returns as a committee member

Laura Moylan – Laura continues as a committee member

Anne Power – Anne continues as a committee member

Allan Wright – Allan continues as a committee member playing the important role of Ratings Officer which he has held since 1990

Bernard Chau – it is with delight that a ‘recently graduated’ junior joins the NSWJCL committee

I return to the committee now as president. As a committee we are keen to continue to encourage juniors to participate and excel at chess. Please feel free to message me if you have something you would like to say.

Kind regards

Brett Marsh

President, NSW Junior Chess League

I would also like to add my own thanks to Charles. Charles remains President of the AusJCL and we will continue to work with him very closely. I also look forward to working with Brett and the rest of the new Council.