PDA

View Full Version : Victorian WINTER Interclub...Eastern Zone

ursogr8
09-07-2005, 10:06 AM
This event kicks off next Friday night at 7.45 pm at the Box Hill Chess Club.
Team entries are being finalised.
C Grade looks to have a full complement and will be a round-robin; the other grades will be SWISSes.
A Grade looks to be dominated by Dark Horse.

starter

Bereaved
10-07-2005, 02:11 AM
Hi Starter,
what do you mean by Swisses;
Do you mean:
a) Too many teams for a round robin?
b) not enough teams for a round robin?
c) intermingling of grades to ensure enough matches?

and if c) how does this affect prize allocation when teams face different fields?

All the best, GB, Macavity

Probably have a couple of teams coming from various places

ursogr8
10-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi Starter,
what do you mean by Swisses;
Do you mean:
a) Too many teams for a round robin?
b) not enough teams for a round robin?
c) intermingling of grades to ensure enough matches?

and if c) how does this affect prize allocation when teams face different fields?

All the best, GB, Macavity

Probably have a couple of teams coming from various places

hi mac
a) no
b) no
c) no
and c) no, I think the CV only award medals and prizes for their competition.

starter

Bereaved
11-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Hi starter,

Given my perfect strike rate on guesses ( 0/4!!! )
Will you please tell me what SWISSes means? :hmm:

All the best, God Bless, Macavity

ursogr8
13-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi starter,

Given my perfect strike rate on guesses ( 0/4!!! )
Will you please tell me what SWISSes means? :hmm:

All the best, God Bless, Macavity

Mrs Cavity

I got this terminology second-hand. I have traced it back to the source; and he meant more teams in the grade than there are rounds in the event. So, (a)=yes in your selections.

regards
starter

ps I am not so sure of the comment made in post 1. Will wait on what appears Friday to advise further.

pps Btw, it is always useful to read the equivalent thread from the previous year. This early post (http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=23660&postcount=2) caught my eye. Can you advise re MCC teams this year?
Although I don't know much about Dark Horse plans this year, I do know that they have spread their talent over more teams and hence will not be quite so competitive, according to their President. Any idea where DHCC meets?

Mischa
13-07-2005, 09:55 AM
I thought they were a part of Box Hill Chess Club!

Bereaved
13-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Starter, A bare two days before the first round, is it still a possibility to enter a team for Frankston Chess Club in A-Grade? If so, who should I call, and if it is enough for you to have this knowledge, could you let me know?

All the best, Take care and God Bless,
Macavity

ursogr8
13-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Starter, A bare two days before the first round, is it still a possibility to enter a team for Frankston Chess Club in A-Grade? If so, who should I call, and if it is enough for you to have this knowledge, could you let me know?

All the best, Take care and God Bless,
Macavity

Totally depends on whether you are willing to talk with Gazza, Oysters, GW; which would be the best solution for you.
And yes, I think A-Grade has room.......but I don't have the detail.
I will PM you his number.

starter

ursogr8
13-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I thought they were a part of Box Hill Chess Club!

hi Mischa

DHCC are not part of BHCC. In fact they are a separate affiliated Club (perhaps provisionally affiliated with CV; I am not sure).

regards
starter

Mischa
13-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Ok I am confused.....My junior's best friend is a member of BHCC but will be playing for DHCC?

ursogr8
13-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Ok I am confused.....My junior's best friend is a member of BHCC but will be playing for DHCC?

R
Personally I would prefer your junior's best friend to be playing for BHCC. However, if he is a member of two or more Clubs, then he has options that he may choose from.

At least we don't have the Welsher problems they have with residency status discussion on GMs. ;)

regards
starter

Mischa
13-07-2005, 01:40 PM
oh ok.
So he pays membershiip to two clubs?
Where are their club rooms?

bobby1972
13-07-2005, 01:56 PM
has mcc put in a team?

ursogr8
13-07-2005, 02:23 PM
oh ok.
So he pays membershiip to two clubs?
Mischa

I guess so.

Where are their club rooms?

That was my original question. I don't know.

regards
starter

ursogr8
13-07-2005, 02:25 PM
has mcc put in a team?

Ascaro

I have it second-hand that Greg G has not put in a team. (Into the Eastern Zone. Perhaps yes for the Western Zone).

regards
starter

ursogr8
14-07-2005, 10:32 AM

Entries by BHCC and DHCC now appear to have settled on
A grade:
Dark Horse – 3 teams
Box Hill - 2 teams

B grade:
Dark Horse – 0 teams
Box Hill - 6 teams

C grade:
Dark Horse – 2 teams
Box Hill – 7 teams

Other possible teams from Elwood, Frankston, Bosnia, Serbia, Melbourne, Dandenong....but I guess we will not know for certain until start time tomorrow.

starter

WhiteElephant
14-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Entries by BHCC and DHCC now appear to have settled on
A grade:
Dark Horse – 3 teams
Box Hill - 2 teams

B grade:
Dark Horse – 0 teams
Box Hill - 6 teams

C grade:
Dark Horse – 2 teams
Box Hill – 7 teams

Other possible teams from Elwood, Frankston, Bosnia, Serbia, Melbourne, Dandenong....but I guess we will not know for certain until start time tomorrow.

starter

Hi Starter,

Is it possible to get an idea of who the Board 1s for the various A Grade teams are?

I'm still not sure whether I am playing, my team has been slow to get organised.

W.E.

ursogr8
14-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Starter,

Is it possible to get an idea of who the Board 1s for the various A Grade teams are?

I'm still not sure whether I am playing, my team has been slow to get organised.

W.E.

GZ

Box Hill has Mike Woodhams and David Hacche

Dark Horse has probably Igor B, and Chris Wallis and one other.
Frankston contact is Malcolm Pyke judging by posts here.
Milenko Lojanica would be one.
Possibly Mirko Rujevic.
I have not seen Dandenong, nor Melbourne intentions at all.
Your PM a week back listed Elwood possibles.

Actuals could be checked with GW.

regards
starter

WhiteElephant
14-07-2005, 12:54 PM
GZ

Box Hill has Mike Woodhams and David Hacche

Dark Horse has probably Igor B, and Chris Wallis and one other.
Frankston contact is Malcolm Pyke judging by posts here.
Milenko Lojanica would be one.
Possibly Mirko Rujevic.
I have not seen Dandenong, nor Melbourne intentions at all.
Your PM a week back listed Elwood possibles.

Actuals could be checked with GW.

regards
starter

Aha some strong players. I was wondering whether Igor would be in Melb, it is good to see he is playing.

Yes, I am waiting on word from the Elwood team on whether I am needed. We were originally under the impression the rounds were on Tuesdays in which case we were a certainty but Friday makes it difficult for a couple of us.

ursogr8
14-07-2005, 01:16 PM
^^
Well GZ perhaps you were headed for the Western zone instead of the Eastern?

ursogr8
15-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi Starter,

W.E.

All Box Hill teams, for Winter INTERCLUB are now listed on the web-site. (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/teams.htm)

starter

ursogr8
15-07-2005, 08:31 AM
And the good news GZ and Mrs Cavity is that our great State President has cleared away the smokescreen so that we can see composing
A Grade
>> Frankston, BH Betas, Bosnia, DH Skittlebrau, DH Taigastyle, DH Fish, and BH Alphas
B Grade
>> BH Master, Bosnia 2, VP Team, Fast Improvers, Internationals, Top Raters, Challengers
C Grade
>> Set-up Crew, Evenhanded, F for First, Real Chance, Experience, DH Material Girls, Young Guns, Unrated, DH Colthearted

starter

bobby1972
15-07-2005, 11:02 AM
incredible only 3 chess clubs in A grade,its a long way from interclub in the 80`s i remember the old vca in elisabeth st,man that was amazing to see rogers,johansen,jameison,west,solomon,hamilton,smi th,jordan,barber,hjorth
prods to name a few.

ursogr8
15-07-2005, 11:18 AM
incredible only 3 chess clubs in A grade,its a long way from interclub in the 80`s i remember the old vca in elisabeth st,man that was amazing to see rogers,johansen,jameison,west,solomon,hamilton,smi th,jordan,barber,hjorth
prods to name a few.

Ascaro,
I totally agree.

But it is not only interclub that lacks involvement by the elite. I commented on the previous ratings list that was published, in Victoria, only 4 out of 20 in the ACTIVE players list played even 1 rated-game in the 3 month period.

Btw, there are two zones, Western and Eastern, perhaps your count of 3 chess clubs is a bit low. And technically, your 3 Clubs should read 4 Clubs in Eastern.

regards
starter

ursogr8
18-07-2005, 01:31 PM
All Round 1 results of the 2005 Victorian Winter InterClub, Eastern Zone, can be viewed through this link. (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round1.htm)
This includes team results and individual results.

starter

ursogr8
20-07-2005, 08:40 AM
All Round 1 results of the 2005 Victorian Winter InterClub, Eastern Zone, can be viewed through this link. (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round1.htm)
This includes team results and individual results.

starter

Bulletin for round 1 available for reading (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/news/jul.htm#15) here.

starter

ursogr8
25-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Round 2 Victorian Interclub A Grade results can be viewed through this link. (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round2.htm)
The Bosnia team recovered ground with some very good individual results. Abdulwahab Rashid was a Board_1 worthy substitute for Mehmedalia Dizdarevic (who I can see from the ANU Open cross-table was a strong contender there).

starter

firegoat7
25-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Ascaro,

But it is not only interclub that lacks involvement by the elite. I commented on the previous ratings list that was published, in Victoria, only 4 out of 20 in the ACTIVE players list played even 1 rated-game in the 3 month period.

Good point Starter.

Yes it appears that catering for the elite is problematic. So what could be the root causes?

Cheers Fg7

ursogr8
25-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Good point Starter.

Yes it appears that catering for the elite is problematic. So what could be the root causes?

Cheers Fg7
hi fg7

I have discussed it at length with the fount of all knowledge; when I got the shell open the pearl had small font on it that was too tiny for me to read. (Sorry about that but I had an overwhelming urge to use fount and font in the one sentence).
Anyhow, you know whom.

And actually, we are bereft of ideas that stand up.

Competitiveness.
Prizes.
Ancillary activities.
Adding whole-of-life titles to the ratings system.
Start again.
Hope.
Fischer-Random.
All of the above.

Over to you.

regards
starter

ursogr8
25-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Round 2 Victorian Interclub A Grade results can be viewed through this link. (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round2.htm)
The Bosnia team recovered ground with some very good individual results. Abdulwahab Rashid was a Board_1 worthy substitute for Mehmedalia Dizdarevic (who I can see from the ANU Open cross-table was a strong contender there).

starter

Results for B and C Divisions now posted through the same link.
Well done webyemeisters. :clap:

starter

ursogr8
31-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Full results of the third round results (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/crosstable.htm) can be seen at the BH web-site.

In Division A, two teams have cleared out on 8.15/12; BH Alphas and DH Fish.
This could be the best way to lay to rest the great 'poaching' tryst. :hmm:

In Division B, Top Raters leads from the fast improving Fast Improvers. :cool:

In Division C, the old SETUP Crew is neck and neck (they wish) with the DH Material Girls on 8.5/12. :lol:

In Division D, it is no contest for the reason given in a much earlier post. :uhoh:

starter

ursogr8
08-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Full results of the third round results (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/crosstable.htm) can be seen at the BH web-site.

In Division A, two teams have cleared out on 8.15/12; BH Alphas and DH Fish.
This could be the best way to lay to rest the great 'poaching' tryst. :hmm:

In Division B, Top Raters leads from the fast improving Fast Improvers. :cool:

In Division C, the old SETUP Crew is neck and neck (they wish) with the DH Material Girls on 8.5/12. :lol:

In Division D, it is no contest for the reason given in a much earlier post. :uhoh:

starter

The crosstable after round 4 games can be viewed here (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/crosstable.htm) .

Bereaved
10-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Starter, I had a look at your crosstable and it seems to have a few errors in the Frankston team; I believe that the correct spelling is Kevin Forster and he is on the master file; I also saw that there are a few wrongly attributed results for Frankston; it would be well to correct them prior to the rating of this event??

Take care, all the best, and God Bless, Macavity

kveldulv
10-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Starter, I had a look at your crosstable and it seems to have a few errors in the Frankston team
Apologies in advance; I've been doing web-updates based on 3rd-hand info. which has had many inconsistencies :( [Although, for rounds 1-3 I've now got a set of the team scorecards and I have triple-checked scores.]

Aside from spelling errors [will be fixed in the next update] can you please point out exactly which scores are in error? [As I won't be getting the 4th round score cards until Friday.]

Thanks,
Shaun

ursogr8
13-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Characters and conflicts have always been a feature of Victorian Interclub events over many years; the mixture of eccentrics from various Clubs is always a recipe for misunderstandings and tasks for the Arbiter.
But in a first, to my observation, we watched players from different teams, but the same Club, pose unusual questions for the Arbiter last night.

The chief character in this tale is a player known as Flavoured Dude to many at the Club who indulge in spoonerisms. After 30 minutes, FD stood up from the board to stretch his legs for a walk around the Hall; I usually duck when I see FD coming as he usually asks “what is the cricket score” at the exact moment an Aussie wants to concentrate of other things. Kiwis have a habit of doing this.

FD circulated the Hall and returned to a trestle table where there was a vacant seat on board 1 (4 boards to each trestle table). Standing behind the chair at board 1 was Shop Scarman, one of the nicest of our members. SS makes a habit of standing behind his chair and viewing the game from a higher dimension. FD slides past SS and sits himself down at board 1. Mild-mannered SS gently nudges FD on the shoulder only to watch with alarm as FD waves him away as though it is the attack of the killer blow-flies. This catches the attention of the other 6 players at the trestle-table, and they break into smiles as they immediately twig to the interloper’s error.
Mentally, a member of the Punters Club thinks “what bet is appropriate for the occasion”. Probably the best would have been to offer odds on how long it would take the Flavoured Dude to realize that he was sitting at the wrong board!

One minute ticks by on Shop’s clock but he is a generous spirit and presumes the penny will drop for FD very soon. Six players at the table turn away from their immediate games and watch transfixed as it seems that FD is about to castle king-side. But no! Just at that moment FD sits bolt upright and the penny has dropped. Sheepishly, for a Kiwi, he moves to the correct trestle-table.

Gazza, the Arbiter, heaves a sigh of relief. If FD had actually castled, would FD (or even SS) have been obliged to play a king-move on his correct board? If FD had written any move on Shop Scarman’s scoresheet would Shop be snookered by the new rule governing writing moves after the piece is physically moved? If FD’s mobile phone had rung who loses FD or SS? If FD had offered a draw, while at the wrong board, would Gazza have stepped in?
These questions, and others, make for an interesting coffee-discussion.

starter

ursogr8
14-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Round 5 resluts can be viewed here. (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round5.htm)

But you have to do the arith. on the cross-table as it is only showing to round 4 as @ 9.18pm Sunday.

starter

kveldulv
15-08-2005, 05:50 PM
But you have to do the arith. on the cross-table as it is only showing to round 4 as @ 9.18pm Sunday.
Had to cut my updates short due to a family function. Also, as I now have a set of scorecards for all rounds played thus far, I will be checking the players and results of every game, so might take another day or so before the crosstable is up-to-date.

Shaun

ursogr8
16-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Full results of the fifth round results (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/crosstable.htm) can be seen at the BH web-site.

In Division A, BH Alphas are now led by DH Fish by a point.

In Division B, Top Raters lead from the fast improving Fast Improvers by half a point. :cool:

In Division C, the DH Material Girls have shot to the front by a large margin. Go Girls. :cool: :clap:

starter

Bereaved
20-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi everyone how do you like my 31st move tonight? I don't know how I found it but I did. Note well, Igor Bjelobrk is a very good player and that is why I am so pleased to have played a good game. He is also my friend, and I value him a lot and think that he is a lovely person.
Winter Interclub
Melbourne, Eastern Zone
White: Macavity
Black: Igor Bjelobrk

1.c4 e6 2.Nf3 Nf6 3.g3 d5 4.d4 dxc4 5.Bg2 Nc6 6.Qa4 Bb4+ 7.Bd2 Bd6 8.O-O O-O 9.Qxc4 e5 10.d5 Ne7 11.Nc3 a6 12.a4 c6 13.dxc6 Nxc6 14.Bg5 Be6 15.Qh4 Be7 16.Rad1 Qc7 17.Ne4 Nxe4 18.Qxe4 f6 19.Be3 Rac8 20.Rc1 Rfd8 21.b4 Bd5 22.Qb1 b5 23.axb5 axb5 24.Bc5 Bc4 25.Qe4 Bxc5 26.bxc5 Nd4 27.Nxd4 Rxd4 28.Qf5 Qxc5 29.e3 Rd6 30.Rfd1 Be6 31.Bd5 Kf8 32.Bxe6 Qxc1 33.Rxc1 Rxc1+ 34.Kg2 Rcc6 35.Bb3 g6 36.Qb1 Kg7 37.e4 b4 38.Bd5 Rb6 39.Qb3 Rd8 40.h4 Rdb8 41.g4 Kh6 42.Kg3 g5 43.Be6 Ra8 44.Qd5 gxh4+ 45.Kxh4 Rab8 46.Qd2+ Kg6 47.Qd7 Rxe6 48.Qxe6 b3 49.g5

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Spiny Norman
20-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Very pretty ... and nicely followed up too ...

ursogr8
24-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Full results of the sixth round results (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round6.htm) can be seen at the BH web-site.

In Division A, DH Fish have scooted to a very handy lead.

In Division B, the VP team leads the Top Raters by half a point. :cool:

In Division C, the DH Material Girls are still in front, albeit by a half point. Go Girls. :cool: :clap:

starter

ursogr8
26-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Full results of the sixth round results (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round6.htm) can be seen at the BH web-site.

In Division A, DH Fish have scooted to a very handy lead.

In Division B, the VP team leads the Top Raters by half a point. :cool:

In Division C, the DH Material Girls are still in front, albeit by a half point. Go Girls. :cool: :clap:

starter

Games are underway.
In A Grade
DH Fish on 13 face BH Betas on 10
While their nearest rival BH Alphas (11) face Frankston on 9.5.
The dark Horse team would be favoured to finish first.

In B Grade
The VP team (13.5) is playing the Internationals (9.5)
and nearest is Top Rtaers (13) v Bosnia 2 (11.5)

In C Grade
The Semi-finals are
DH Material Girls v Set-up Crew
Evenhanded v Real Chance

starter

klyall
26-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Go Material Girls - you can do it!!

Garvinator
27-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Why dont teams just call themselves by the name of their clubs that I assume they play for. Or at least have the club mentioned in their name. I dont have much of a clue which clubs these teams are located at/play for. :(

Frank Walker
27-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I believe DH stands for Dark Horse and BH stands for Box Hill, this tournament is dominated by BH and DH so they cannot all be called Darke Horse or Box Hill

Why dont teams just call themselves by the name of their clubs that I assume they play for. Or at least have the club mentioned in their name. I dont have much of a clue which clubs these teams are located at/play for. :(

Garvinator
27-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I believe DH stands for Dark Horse and BH stands for Box Hill, this tournament is dominated by BH and DH so they cannot all be called Darke Horse or Box Hill
yes you would be right that DH stands for Dark Horse and BH stands for Box Hill, but it was these teams that I was talking about:

In B Grade

In C Grade
The Semi-finals are
Evenhanded v Real Chance

Only one mentions DH.

ursogr8
27-08-2005, 05:01 PM
yes you would be right that DH stands for Dark Horse and BH stands for Box Hill, but it was these teams that I was talking about:

In B Grade

In C Grade
The Semi-finals are
Evenhanded v Real Chance

Only one mentions DH.

Wow, results are up (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/round7.htm) already. :eek: Well done weibye-guys. :clap:

Mrs Holy from the A Grade showed me his win against the former Olympian, Mike Woodhams. Geez he is passionate about his chess. I think he accepted the task to write about the funding the helped MCC get their premises.

Dark Horse team-names start with DH
Frankston has a team
Bosnia have two teams.
The rest here (http://www.boxhillchess.org.au/e2005/e0507fwi/teams.htm) are Box Hill.

starter

Bereaved
27-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Kind comments, Starter!!
Will look at the possibility of getting the file ready soon,
Take care and God Bless, Macavity

ursogr8
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Results of divisions A, B and C attached.

starter

ps Woodhams game left unplayed.

firegoat7
08-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Hello Starter,

4-0 mate. Go Melbourne B. Congratulations Kara,Roberts,Kaplan and Soco.

Did I mention who they beat? I will leave that to you Starter......Starter........yooohoooo......Starter are you there?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers Fg7

ursogr8
08-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Hello Starter,

4-0 mate. Go Melbourne B. Congratulations Kara,Roberts,Kaplan and Soco.

Did I mention who they beat? I will leave that to you Starter......Starter........yooohoooo......Starter are you there?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers Fg7

huh

Wha..?

Is there someone there. :uhoh:

Oh...it is you fg7..

You are on the wrong thread matey....this is the Eastern zone thread, :uhoh:

err.....well done.

s.......

ursogr8
14-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Characters and conflicts have always been a feature of Victorian Interclub events over many years; the mixture of eccentrics from various Clubs is always a recipe for misunderstandings and tasks for the Arbiter.
But in a first, to my observation, we watched players from different teams, but the same Club, pose unusual questions for the Arbiter last night.

The chief character in this tale is a player known as Flavoured Dude to many at the Club who indulge in spoonerisms. After 30 minutes, FD stood up from the board to stretch his legs for a walk around the Hall; I usually duck when I see FD coming as he usually asks “what is the cricket score” at the exact moment an Aussie wants to concentrate of other things. Kiwis have a habit of doing this.

FD circulated the Hall and returned to a trestle table where there was a vacant seat on board 1 (4 boards to each trestle table). Standing behind the chair at board 1 was Shop Scarman, one of the nicest of our members. SS makes a habit of standing behind his chair and viewing the game from a higher dimension. FD slides past SS and sits himself down at board 1. Mild-mannered SS gently nudges FD on the shoulder only to watch with alarm as FD waves him away as though it is the attack of the killer blow-flies. This catches the attention of the other 6 players at the trestle-table, and they break into smiles as they immediately twig to the interloper’s error.
Mentally, a member of the Punters Club thinks “what bet is appropriate for the occasion”. Probably the best would have been to offer odds on how long it would take the Flavoured Dude to realize that he was sitting at the wrong board!

One minute ticks by on Shop’s clock but he is a generous spirit and presumes the penny will drop for FD very soon. Six players at the table turn away from their immediate games and watch transfixed as it seems that FD is about to castle king-side. But no! Just at that moment FD sits bolt upright and the penny has dropped. Sheepishly, for a Kiwi, he moves to the correct trestle-table.

Gazza, the Arbiter, heaves a sigh of relief. If FD had actually castled, would FD (or even SS) have been obliged to play a king-move on his correct board? If FD had written any move on Shop Scarman’s scoresheet would Shop be snookered by the new rule governing writing moves after the piece is physically moved? If FD’s mobile phone had rung who loses FD or SS? If FD had offered a draw, while at the wrong board, would Gazza have stepped in?
These questions, and others, make for an interesting coffee-discussion.

starter

Well FD and SS are paired tonight, instead of the arrangement in the anecdote above.
A repeat of the incident above seems unlikely, but 'expect the unexpected' I say.

I am thinking of a new title for this post, in view of the pairing.

?

starter