PDA

View Full Version : wollongong school chess

samiam
02-07-2005, 09:24 PM
would anyone happen to know anything about wollongong schools in the country section of the nsw secondary school comp , i want to know who is in the smiths hill secondary school team , does anyone know :owned:

samiam
02-07-2005, 09:57 PM
so no one knows so far theres been about 8 views , if anyone knows who i could ask then could you tell me who they are ?

Trent Parker
02-07-2005, 10:11 PM
so no one knows so far theres been about 8 views , if anyone knows who i could ask then could you tell me who they are ?

Has it been played yet?

Candy-Cane
02-07-2005, 11:22 PM
hey

yes we lost to Smiths Hill :( .....our borad 4 won but we lost on bd 2 and 3....i was on bd 1 and the game did not finish so we had to send it off to see the result.... Johnathon Zhu is on Board 1...he is a very good player.

Since we dont have clocks games can tend to go forever!! What ever happens to the result of our game we still lose. The other players in Smiths hill i do not think they play outside of school but for school competition they are good in the area any way.

I also heard games are not rated with the JCL in country areas :evil:

Nessa.

PHAT
03-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Within 5 years, Berkeley High will beat Smith Hill High, like a rented mule :cool:

HAL
03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Within 5 years, Berkeley High will beat Smith Hill High, like a rented mule :cool:

I thought Berkeley High is no more. It's Illawarra Sports High now, isn;t it?

Trent Parker
03-07-2005, 02:31 PM
I thought Berkeley High is no more. It's Illawarra Sports High now, isn;t it?
Does Berkeley High / Illawarra Sports High classify chess as a sport?

HAL
03-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Does Berkeley High / Illawarra Sports High classify chess as a sport?

I don't know, but I doubt it.

Garvinator
03-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Since we dont have clocks games can tend to go forever!! why no clocks, not even some analog clocks from somewhere near by. I would be surprised if the nswjcl wouldnt lend you some analog clocks for the tournament.

I also heard games are not rated with the JCL in country areas :evil: why arent they rated?

samiam
03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
thanks for that candy cane , our board one player should be able to handle him , iam just wondering how strong their board 2 and 3 players are , iam on board three but should be playing on board 2 because i am better than our board 2 ,but she has a rating and i dont , but i should have a rating by next three months.We need all the help we can in beating smiths hill.We have clocks but some schools dont want to use them and i would rather play with out clocks hey candy cane you wouldnt happen to have that game you played against Jonathon Zhu would you ?

Candy-Cane
04-07-2005, 05:04 AM
hey every1 im off to europe today :cool:

will try and post some of the world youth results at an internet café and how were all doing

A bientot! :owned:

Trent Parker
04-07-2005, 06:48 AM
hey every1 im off to europe today :cool:

will try and post some of the world youth results at an internet café and how were all doing

A bientot! :owned:

Good Luck!

And HAVE FUN

:D