View Full Version : Fairfield RSL Winter Cup

Trent Parker
19-06-2005, 12:36 PM
A Category 3 GP tournament
DOP: Charles Zworestine

7 Round Swiss
1hr + 10 seconds a move

When: 16-17 July
Registration 9.15-9.45 saturday. A late fee of $10 applies after this time.

Where:
Fairfield RSL Club
14 Anzac Avenue Fairfield (accross the road from the railway station)

Entry fees:
Adults: $50
Pensioner/students : $40
Juniors : $35

Prizes:
Total Prize pool $2700
First: $650 + trophy Second: $400 Third: $300
4x ratings divisions First: $130 Second: $100 Third: $75
Best Junior: $60 Best Fairfield chess club member: $70
All prize money paid in cash at the conclusion of the tournament. In the event of a tie for first, a playoff for the trophy will be held.

For information about the Fairfield RSL chess club contact:
shaneburgess32@yahoo.com.au or visit our web site www.fairfieldchess.org

Trent Parker
19-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Only Cityrail trackwork for that weekend is on the Eastern suburbs and illawarra lines....

Garvinator
19-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Only Cityrail trackwork for that weekend is on the Eastern suburbs and illawarra lines....
its about time that cityrail decided to fit their trackwork in better with major chess tournaments ;)

EGOR
19-06-2005, 09:55 PM
So! Miracles can happen. :)

antichrist
19-06-2005, 09:57 PM
When organising a comp I now make a point of checking if there are going to be railworks. Otherwise players can become de-railed.

Lucena
19-06-2005, 11:05 PM
its about time that cityrail decided to fit their trackwork in better with major chess tournaments ;)

don't speak too soon, knowing our luck they'll probably change it just to stuff us up.

Garvinator
19-06-2005, 11:07 PM
don't speak too soon, knowing our luck they'll probably change it just to stuff us up.
:lol: :lol: :eek:

bunta
28-06-2005, 10:17 PM
hey all, haven't been online in ages and im saying sorry for dogging my chess games.
Who is going to the winter cup? and what are the rating divisions? anyone find out more information for that area? and what time do you think it will finish? I'm thinking of going to my friend's 16th birthday on the saturday straight after.. :)

Trent Parker
28-06-2005, 11:14 PM
hey all, haven't been online in ages and im saying sorry for dogging my chess games.
Who is going to the winter cup? I am

and what are the rating divisions? determined on the day.
anyone find out more information for that area? what do you mean?
and what time do you think it will finish? I'm thinking of going to my friend's 16th birthday on the saturday straight after.. :) Depends on several things.... what time it starts, how long the other games go for....

If it goes on too late for you, you might be able to ask the dop for a half point bye for round 4.....

auriga
29-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Who is going to the winter cup? and what are the rating divisions? anyone find out more information for that area? and what time do you think it will finish? I'm thinking of going to my friend's 16th birthday on the saturday straight after.. :)

would say quite a few people expected to play!
fairfield is a very active club so hopefully few locals will play.

also, the rsl club is a good venue in general
(food their was pretty good last time i went).
easy to get to (few stop past parra going south on purple line)

Trent Parker
29-06-2005, 03:29 PM
easy to get to (few stop past parra going south on purple line)

Unfortunately Cumberland line is now only weekday Peak service. To go from Parra to Fairfield you'd have to change at Granville.

bunta
30-06-2005, 07:21 AM
I am

determined on the day. what do you mean? Depends on several things.... what time it starts, how long the other games go for....

If it goes on too late for you, you might be able to ask the dop for a half point bye for round 4.....

oh nah, i was just wondering anything after like 9'oclock or something would be quite late for me, that's if 4th round is played then. Ok then, well im unrated and i wouldn't know what division to go to. What division you going in chess nut? what's your rating?

Trent Parker
30-06-2005, 10:09 AM
oh nah, i was just wondering anything after like 9'oclock or something would be quite late for me, that's if 4th round is played then. Ok then, well im unrated and i wouldn't know what division to go to. What division you going in chess nut? what's your rating?

There are no divisions. Only Rating division prizes. Everyone is in the one big tournament.

bergil
30-06-2005, 02:35 PM
yes folks its true, Fairfield is increasing the total prize money on offer for the Winter Cup to $3,200. Yes all you quick math students, we are adding another $500 to the pot.

Here is the new prize list

1st $650 + trophy, 2nd $400, 3rd $300, 4th $150, 5th $90
Plus 4 other divisional groups
1st $150, 2nd $120, 3rd $100
Best Junior $60 Best Fairfield Chess Club member $70

There are so many prizes, you'd have to play as poorly as I do not to get one.

arosar
30-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Is Fairfield fielding a team in the grades? I remember when I played they used to give us $20 pocket money and paid for our weekender entry fees. Really looked after us they did. Is this still the case?

AR

bergil
30-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Yes we have a 1600 and 1400 in Sydney Grades and had an open and 1500 in Western Suburbs chess premiership. The 1500's won their comp.

We have stop paying for weekenders, but we have a couple of Picnic blitz tournaments a year with free prize money, food and drink including beer and a christmas party.

arosar
30-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I attended one Xmas dinner once. Very formal with speeches, officials, and trophies. Wine, 3 course meal, very well organised club. It's a very rich club with plenty of money.

AR

bergil
30-06-2005, 03:50 PM
We do OK :whistle:

bergil
30-06-2005, 03:55 PM
AR, are you going to play in the Winter Cup?

Garvinator
01-07-2005, 02:24 AM
has the trackwork situation changed at all since this post?

Trent Parker
01-07-2005, 10:24 AM
has the trackwork situation changed at all since this post?Not AFAIK

Trent Parker
09-07-2005, 09:42 AM
.....is next week.....

auriga
11-07-2005, 05:10 PM
rogers' sun-herald column said sales was playing at fairfield next week.
anyone going to give him a run for his money?

Lucena
13-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Anyone know round times? I asked Charles who gave me approximations. Does anyone know [scheduled]times for sure?

bunta
13-07-2005, 10:45 PM
i was wondering if there could be late entries, the latest i would come would probably be 11am? but after 10:30am for sure.

Bill Gletsos
13-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Anyone know round times? I asked Charles who gave me approximations. Does anyone know [scheduled]times for sure?The only information is for round 1 from the advert on the NSWCA web site.

REGISTRATIONS
Registrations will be taken between 9.15 and 9.45 am.
Any registrations after 9.45 will incur a $10 late fee.
The first round is scheduled to start at 10.15 am.

Trent Parker
14-07-2005, 12:15 AM
The people at fairfield don't like giving out definite round times....

Lucena
14-07-2005, 12:30 AM
The only information is for round 1 from the advert on the NSWCA web site.

REGISTRATIONS
Registrations will be taken between 9.15 and 9.45 am.
Any registrations after 9.45 will incur a $10 late fee.
The first round is scheduled to start at 10.15 am.

Yeah I read that, it gave me the impression they'll see how they're going on the day rather than planning the schedule in advance too much. Charles told me the last round on the first day would probably start approximately 6pm, that was the main thing I'm trying to work out-how late I could be going home potentially. But that is always subject to the time the 1st round actually gets going of course.

auriga
14-07-2005, 08:10 AM
could you safely assume 3h session finishing around 9pm or is this optimistic?!

PHAT
14-07-2005, 12:46 PM
... it gave me the impression they'll see how they're going on the day rather than planning the schedule in advance too much.

Having played a few dozen weekenders, the experience we always have is that games start ASAP and time is not deliberately waisted. As such, 4 rounds of 60min+10sec will take a max of
4 x 2(1hr + ~30x10sec) +
3 x 15min breaks
= 9hrs 25min ~=9.5 hours

Start at 10:30 am and the latest finish would be 8:00 pm.

As I said weekenders are all about the same.

Oepty
14-07-2005, 02:16 PM
rogers' sun-herald column said sales was playing at fairfield next week.
anyone going to give him a run for his money?

Given Sales performance in the Uni Open (losing to Zhao and Sandler, draw to Chadwick) I would say that the shorter time control/multiple games per day does not favour him. I would think that if the there is a fairly strong field then he would not be favourite. I understand Sales is planning to play the ANU Open as well.
Scott

Trent Parker
15-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Well I won't be playing or going..... something disappointing has come up.....

antichrist
16-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Given Sales performance in the Uni Open (losing to Zhao and Sandler, draw to Chadwick) I would say that the shorter time control/multiple games per day does not favour him. I would think that if the there is a fairly strong field then he would not be favourite. I understand Sales is planning to play the ANU Open as well.
Scott

Sales was a piece behind against Bolens but managed to win on time, rook against Bishop and Knight. Sales was going for a queen.

George Xie and Raymond Song drew in spite of Song's rook against Xie's bishop.

antichrist
16-07-2005, 07:02 PM
In the middle of game the ode was brought on with lights turned off and trumpets blaring. Clocks were stopped accordingly.

I suggested to DOP that the clock of person whose move it is should get an extra minute or two to regain concentration but to no avail.

arosar
16-07-2005, 07:52 PM
That bloody Freddy should keep his bloody chess opinions to himself. He just insulted an entire nation. Bastard.

AR

auriga
16-07-2005, 10:24 PM
around 64 players at fairfield.
top seeds in order are bjelobrk, xie, sales.
heard bolens whinge that he's 14th seed so quite strong tournament.
thats all the info i can remember.

Lucena
16-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know what time the 5th round starts tomorrow?

auriga
16-07-2005, 10:53 PM
i was told 10am on way out.

arosar
17-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Early impressions now online.

Please note, I have updated to a more elegant blog. See my profile. I'm very sorry that my digital camera is still at the shop. But pics will definitely be available.

Cheers,

AR

Lucena
17-07-2005, 12:38 AM
i was told 10am on way out.

thanks

arosar
17-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Bjelobrk wins the tournament.

AR

Bereaved
17-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Well done Igor!! surely in all those discussions about Tao v Zhao, they forgot about Igor!! Igor plays his best at about 2.30 I reckon,

Congratulations one more time Igor

all the Best, God Bless, Macavity

PS ( Igor ) See you when you get back
PS ( anyone else ) do we have any more detail about the event?? M

arosar
17-07-2005, 10:10 PM
I am updating my blog now. But, of course, we can expect Dr Z to supply a more complete version in the bulletins. Pics will be up on my site in 2 days.

AR

arosar
17-07-2005, 11:48 PM
OK done. With a bit of info and a coupla games. Btw, Jesse reckons James Morris is quite a strong player and should get stronger soon.

Also, now we have some idea of why Paragua is not a GM yet. That's all I'm going to say.

AR

auriga
18-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Bjelobrk wins the tournament.

AR

yep, well played igor.
he snapped me in 20 or so moves after a dodgy qc2 in the opening :(

Bereaved
19-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone,
I would be interested to see the complete tournament crosstable and failing that, a report from the arbiter, and failing that, a couple of games from Igor,
Take care, and God Bless, Macavity

Dozy
19-07-2005, 08:32 AM
I'll be putting up a cross table and tournament report (albeit at second hand) on the fairfield web site (www.fairfieldchess.org) as soon as I can get the SP files. If anybody has any games to contribute would appreciate copies so we can add those too. Send them to footloose@tpg.com.au.

Hi everyone,
I would be interested to see the complete tournament crosstable and failing that, a report from the arbiter, and failing that, a couple of games from Igor,
Take care, and God Bless, Macavity

Trent Parker
19-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Hello Dozy welcome to chesschat!

Trent Parker

Dozy
19-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks, mate. How about a few games for the Fairfield site? Maybe some Blackmar Diemer gambits...

Trent Parker
19-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I have a good one somewhere. From last weeks grade matches.....

Brian_Jones
19-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Hey dozy - what you doing in the Blue Mountains? I thought it was flat down your way!

antichrist
19-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Brian, what is your opinion on the RSL ode interrupting play? Don't you think the person who move is on should receive about a minute extra to compensate for the loss of concentration?

Trent Parker
19-07-2005, 09:55 AM
a/c it wouldn't be worth the time adjusting the clocks......

Besides. you just stop the clocks until it's finished.....

Dozy
19-07-2005, 10:05 AM
What I'm doing this morning is f r e e z i n g. I gotta come over n see you this week. I'll ring beforehand...

Hey dozy - what you doing in the Blue Mountains? I thought it was flat down your way!

antichrist
19-07-2005, 01:08 PM
a/c it wouldn't be worth the time adjusting the clocks......

Besides. you just stop the clocks until it's finished.....

But you have not allowed compensation for big break in concentration. Every time I hear the ode I think of close relos went off to the war (esp the hero) - a total break in concentration. Deep thinking is totally destroyed, one may have almost had the move thought out and now forgets where is up to and could need even much more than a minute to compensate.

If the old clocks were used it would take no time at all to adjust the clocks, with digital I do not know.

Brian_Jones
19-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Now there is a statement Peter. You know how to work a mechanical but you can't cope with a digital. How old are you mate - a geriatic?

Oepty
19-07-2005, 03:23 PM
That bloody Freddy should keep his bloody chess opinions to himself. He just insulted an entire nation. Bastard.

AR

How did I insult a whole nation? I would apologise if I could see in the slightest how my comments reflected badly on all of the Phillipines. I am totally puzzled by the strength of your remarks Amiel.
Scott

arosar
19-07-2005, 04:01 PM
How did I insult a whole nation? I would apologise if I could see in the slightest how my comments reflected badly on all of the Phillipines. I am totally puzzled by the strength of your remarks Amiel.
Scott

Well, you did because I declare it so. Now I make another declaration. You are hereby declared persona non grata in my beloved country. And the only way for you to correct the matter is if you cooked for yourself and ate my favourite dried fish.

Is this acceptable to you?

AR

Oepty
19-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Amiel, I thought Australia was your country. You cannot make something insulting to a whole nation by just saying so. If I wish to visit the Phillipines sometime in the future then I will, you will not stop me. Your response just seems to be irrational nonsense
Scott

arosar
19-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Amiel, I thought Australia was your country. You cannot make something insulting to a whole nation by just saying so. If I wish to visit the Phillipines sometime in the future then I will, you will not stop me. Your response just seems to be irrational nonsense
Scott

I do not give you permission to visit my beloved country. Therefore it is clear that you cannot visit. Our culture demands that you have to be invited. And eat dried fish. Shall I send you some in the mail?

Also, I have many friends there. High up. I tell you, you do not want to be raising my blood pressure.

AR

Garvinator
19-07-2005, 04:30 PM
not sure how much this has to do with the fairfield winter cup.

arosar
19-07-2005, 04:41 PM
So, gray, I take it you no longer want to be invisible?

We're just having a bit of chit chat mate. That's kinda what mates do you know.

AR

Garvinator
19-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I still want to be invisible, but eclectic said in a different thread that he was sick of seeing my sig and had put me on ignore. So i removed it.

antichrist
19-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Now there is a statement Peter. You know how to work a mechanical but you can't cope with a digital. How old are you mate - a geriatic?

In normal circumstances I have worked the digital clocks but is totally irrelevant what I know and don't know.

What is important if it is possible for them to be adjusted easily to add on a minute or so for one player only in the middle of a game?

Now answer that one for me and don't get distracted! You could have answered it the first time.

auriga
19-07-2005, 08:13 PM
In normal circumstances I have worked the digital clocks but is totally irrelevant what I know and don't know.

What is important if it is possible for them to be adjusted easily to add on a minute or so for one player only in the middle of a game?

Now answer that one for me and don't get distracted! You could have answered it the first time.

a/c, i reckon the answer is 'yes'.
you push the ok button and keep you finger down a few seconds.
you can then push +1 to add hour/min, etc. not that hard.

arosar
19-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Photos are now available on the following sites:

http://photos.yahoo.com/chessafficionado
http://spaces.msn.com/members/thekibitzer/

The second link is best viewed with IE6.

AR

Dozy
19-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I'll be putting up a cross table and tournament report (albeit at second hand) on the fairfield web site (www.fairfieldchess.org) as soon as I can get the SP files. If anybody has any games to contribute would appreciate copies so we can add those too. Send them to footloose@tpg.com.au.

The Cross Table and report and a few games are now up at www.fairfieldchess.org.

If anybody has any more games from the event they'd like to share please email them to footloose@tpg.com.au or click the webmaster link on the Fairfield Chess Club's home page.

antichrist
19-07-2005, 09:57 PM
a/c, i reckon the answer is 'yes'.
you push the ok button and keep you finger down a few seconds.
you can then push +1 to add hour/min, etc. not that hard.

Thank you, now we only have to work out the justice of the situation.

When one considers that players were warned that if their mobile phones went off they would forfeit the game (or at least the sign said that, I came in late) imagine how much more distracting the ode is, with the turning off of the lights, trumplets blasting etc etc. and it effects half the hall, i.e., the ones whose move is on.

PHAT
20-07-2005, 02:30 PM
QUESTION:

NSWCA equipment (clocks, sets, boards, score sheets) was used to run the Fairfield Winter Open 2005. How much did they pay for its hire?

bergil
20-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I believe its $100 for equipment and $20 for score sheets

PHAT
20-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I believe its $100 for equipment and $20 for score sheets

OK, that sounds right. THX

DoroPhil
20-07-2005, 06:52 PM
What did you do to Bjelobrk, sydneysiders??

Based on AR's pictures, the guy looks 20 kilos heavier and 10 years older than he was last year in Melbourne!!

And yet, he tore all the overrated NSWelshmen apart!

arosar
20-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Based on AR's pictures, the guy looks 20 kilos heavier and 10 years older than he was last year in Melbourne!!

Maaate! He's in love.

AR

DoroPhil
20-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Maaate! He's in love.

AR

Cool. Congratulations! I wish you two many happy years together!

arosar
20-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Cool. Congratulations! I wish you two many happy years together!

Well, I like his moves - but, I'm not that way at all inclined. Thank you very much.

AR

Garvinator
22-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Place Name Loc Score M-Buch. Buch. Progr.

1 Bjelobrk, Igor 2399 6.5 25.0 35.0 26.5
2 Sales, Jesse Noel 2340 6 25.0 35.0 24.0
3-5 Berezin, Victor 2274 5.5 25.0 34.5 24.5
Ayvazyan, Armen 2180 5.5 22.0 32.0 23.5
Xie, George 2367 5.5 21.0 30.0 21.5
6-11 Bolens, Johny 2014 5 22.0 31.5 22.0
Chan, Jason 1982 5 22.0 31.0 22.0
Ilic, Ilija 2006 5 22.0 30.0 22.5
Charles, Gareth 2121 5 21.0 29.5 21.5
Morris, Michael 1937 5 19.5 26.5 21.5
Ingram, Ben W 1910 5 18.5 25.0 20.5
12-19 Stojic, Danny 2059 4.5 22.5 30.5 21.5
Jones, Lee R 2037 4.5 21.5 31.0 20.0
Song, Raymond 2035 4.5 20.5 28.5 19.5
Musaeva, Aina 2094 4.5 19.0 27.5 19.5
Falchoni, Mario 2060 4.5 18.5 25.5 17.5
Mendes da Costa, Alex 1876 4.5 17.5 26.0 16.5
Watson, James 1817 4.5 16.5 24.5 15.5
Bautista, Elpidio 1835 4.5 16.0 24.0 15.5
20-27 Ali, Mosaddeque 1777 4 22.0 28.5 19.0
Huynh, Arthur 1797 4 20.5 27.5 18.0
Cvetkoski, Tode 1754 4 18.0 25.0 17.0
Redgrave, John 1749 4 18.0 24.5 17.0
Escribano, Jose 1674 4 17.5 26.5 15.0
McNamara, Gary 1884 4 16.5 22.0 14.0
Rachmadi, Herman 1675 4 16.0 24.0 15.0
Zvedeniouk, Ilia 2048 4 14.5 21.0 15.0
28-41 Song, Angela 1801 3.5 21.0 28.5 17.5
Savelieff, Geoffrey 1683 3.5 20.5 28.5 16.5
Doan, Peter 1729 3.5 20.0 27.5 15.0
Hoving, Eliot 1526 3.5 20.0 26.0 14.5
Parravicini, Matthew 1557 3.5 19.5 26.5 14.5
Ramachandran, Raj 1620 3.5 19.0 27.0 15.0
Tomas, Tom 1722 3.5 17.5 24.0 15.5
Kumar, Rakesh 1325 3.5 17.0 24.0 12.5
Buza, Muhamed 1630 3.5 16.5 24.0 13.0
Tubic, Luka 1504 3.5 16.5 22.5 12.5
Nguyen, Peter 1704 3.5 15.0 22.0 13.5
Pickering, Anthony 1689 3.5 14.5 19.5 13.5
Kang, Leo 1336 3.5 14.0 19.0 10.5
Villanueva, Anthony 1594 3.5 13.0 20.0 9.5
42-51 Morales, Raul 1475 3 19.0 25.0 14.0
Barasoain, Fernando 1439 3 19.0 24.0 13.0
Evans, Carrie 1369 3 18.5 27.0 14.0
Keuning, Anthony V 1609 3 18.0 23.5 11.0
Bogdanoski, Petre 1605 3 16.5 23.5 11.0
Kumar, Anish 1338 3 15.5 21.0 11.0
Todorovski, Marjan 3 15.5 21.0 11.0
Kresinger, Frank 1432 3 15.5 20.5 10.0
Tracey, Michael J 1391 3 14.0 20.5 9.0
Ngo, Michael 3 7.5 11.0 7.0
52-56 Katnic, Eddy 1549 2.5 20.5 28.0 14.5
Gonzales, Rolando 1398 2.5 18.0 25.0 10.0
Losh, Gary 1519 2.5 17.0 23.5 11.5
Ivanovic, Radislav 1368 2.5 14.5 21.0 8.5
Rajendran, Prem 632 2.5 13.5 17.5 5.0
57-62 Greenwood, Norman 1477 2 19.0 25.5 11.0
Talisayon, Samuel 1218 2 16.0 19.5 7.0
Karayi, Valsalan 1373 2 15.0 21.0 8.0
Cameron, Jole 1072 2 15.0 19.0 6.5
Talpade, Udit 1040 2 14.0 19.5 5.5
Sweeney, Matthew 1300 2 12.0 16.5 6.5
63-66 Kumar, Dhirendra 1104 1.5 16.0 22.0 4.0
Frerer, Samantha 1060 1.5 14.0 18.0 5.5
Markson, Ellis 1111 1.5 13.5 19.0 6.0
Kumar, Sanjesh 708 1.5 13.0 18.0 2.0
67-68 Kumar, Karishma 161 1 17.0 24.5 7.0
Smirnov, Vladimir 2296 1 3.0 3.0 1.0
69 Kumar, Amit 0 12.0 17.0 0.0

Garvinator
22-07-2005, 03:36 AM
No Name Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 Bjelobrk, Igor 2399 6.5 24:W 17:W 13:W 2:W 3:D 4:W 6:W
2 Sales, Jesse Noel 2340 6 33:W 18:W 6:W 1:L 11:W 3:W 7:W
3 Berezin, Victor 2274 5.5 46:W 21:W 7:W 5:W 1:D 2:L 12:W
4 Ayvazyan, Armen 2180 5.5 41:W 28:W 8:D 14:W 12:W 1:L 13:W
5 Xie, George 2367 5.5 36:W 19:W 14:D 3:L 30:W 28:W 8:W
6 Bolens, Johny 2014 5 49:W 39:W 2:L 34:W 20:W 10:W 1:L
7 Chan, Jason 1982 5 50:W 26:W 3:L 36:W 23:W 9:W 2:L
8 Ilic, Ilija 2006 5 53:W 29:W 4:D 15:D 22:W 14:W 5:L
9 Charles, Gareth 2121 5 32:W 22:W 11:D 20:D 21:W 7:L 25:W
10 Morris, Michael 1937 5 44:W 57:W 12:D 13:D 29:W 6:L 21:W
11 Ingram, Ben W 1910 5 55:W 67:W 9:D 0:D 2:L 29:W 20:W
12 Stojic, Danny 2059 4.5 37:W 23:W 10:D 52:W 4:L 15:W 3:L
13 Jones, Lee R 2037 4.5 42:W 34:W 1:L 10:D 33:W 27:W 4:L
14 Song, Raymond 2035 4.5 43:W 38:W 5:D 4:L 52:W 8:L 31:W
15 Musaeva, Aina 2094 4.5 31:W 20:D 30:W 8:D 28:D 12:L 34:W
16 Falchoni, Mario 2060 4.5 54:W 30:D 20:L 0:D 31:W 22:W 17:D
17 Mendes da Costa, Alex 1876 4.5 40:W 1:L 52:L 50:W 57:W 24:W 16:D
18 Watson, James 1817 4.5 62:W 2:L 31:D 30:L 41:W 52:W 28:W
19 Bautista, Elpidio 1835 4.5 35:W 5:L 32:L 53:W 54:D 43:W 33:W
20 Ali, Mosaddeque 1777 4 63:W 15:D 16:W 9:D 6:L 44:W 11:L
21 Huynh, Arthur 1797 4 65:W 3:L 37:W 26:W 9:L 42:W 10:L
22 Cvetkoski, Tode 1754 4 60:W 9:L 57:W 42:W 8:L 16:L 32:W
23 Redgrave, John 1749 4 64:W 12:L 43:W 32:W 7:L 25:L 45:W
24 Escribano, Jose 1674 4 1:L 55:W 35:W 28:L 48:W 17:L 43:W
25 McNamara, Gary 1884 4 47:L 44:L 67:W 49:W 37:W 23:W 9:L
26 Rachmadi, Herman 1675 4 48:W 7:L 47:W 21:L 43:L 49:W 46:W
27 Zvedeniouk, Ilia 2048 4 57:L 59:W 46:W 29:L 45:W 13:L 42:W
28 Song, Angela 1801 3.5 58:W 4:L 54:W 24:W 15:D 5:L 18:L
29 Savelieff, Geoffrey 1683 3.5 51:W 8:L 49:W 27:W 10:L 11:L 40:D
30 Doan, Peter 1729 3.5 61:W 16:D 15:L 18:W 5:L 32:L 44:W
31 Hoving, Eliot 1526 3.5 15:L 63:W 18:D 44:W 16:L 38:W 14:L
32 Parravicini, Matthew 1557 3.5 9:L 60:W 19:W 23:L 34:D 30:W 22:L
33 Ramachandran, Raj 1620 3.5 2:L 62:W 48:W 0:D 13:L 35:W 19:L
34 Tomas, Tom 1722 3.5 66:W 13:L 53:W 6:L 32:D 54:W 15:L
35 Kumar, Rakesh 1325 3.5 19:L 45:W 24:L 46:W 38:D 33:L 52:W
36 Buza, Muhamed 1630 3.5 5:L 40:W 58:W 7:L 44:L 53:D 55:W
37 Tubic, Luka 1504 3.5 12:L 64:W 21:L 58:W 25:L 47:W 39:D
38 Nguyen, Peter 1704 3.5 56:W 14:L 42:L 55:W 35:D 31:L 54:W
39 Pickering, Anthony 1689 3.5 69:W 6:L 44:L 47:W 42:L 57:W 37:D
40 Kang, Leo 1336 3.5 17:L 36:L 56:W 45:L 67:W 64:W 29:D
41 Villanueva, Anthony 1594 3.5 4:L 58:L 60:D 63:W 18:L 61:W 53:W
42 Morales, Raul 1475 3 13:L 66:W 38:W 22:L 39:W 21:L 27:L
43 Barasoain, Fernando 1439 3 14:L 56:W 23:L 67:W 26:W 19:L 24:L
44 Evans, Carrie 1369 3 10:L 25:W 39:W 31:L 36:W 20:L 30:L
45 Keuning, Anthony V 1609 3 68:L 35:L 63:W 40:W 27:L 50:W 23:L
46 Bogdanoski, Petre 1605 3 3:L 65:W 27:L 35:L 59:W 48:W 26:L
47 Kumar, Anish 1338 3 25:W 52:L 26:L 39:L 66:W 37:L 57:W
48 Todorovski, Marjan 3 26:L 50:W 33:L 60:W 24:L 46:L 63:W
49 Kresinger, Frank 1432 3 6:L 69:W 29:L 25:L 58:W 26:L 59:W
50 Tracey, Michael J 1391 3 7:L 48:L 64:W 17:L 65:W 45:L 60:W
51 Ngo, Michael 3 29:L 53:L 65:L 66:W 63:L 69:W 67:W
52 Katnic, Eddy 1549 2.5 0:D 47:W 17:W 12:L 14:L 18:L 35:L
53 Gonzales, Rolando 1398 2.5 8:L 51:W 34:L 19:L 62:W 36:D 41:L
54 Losh, Gary 1519 2.5 16:L 61:W 28:L 62:W 19:D 34:L 38:L
55 Ivanovic, Radislav 1368 2.5 11:L 24:L 66:W 38:L 64:D 58:W 36:L
56 Rajendran, Prem 632 2.5 38:L 43:L 40:L 0:D 61:L 67:W 65:W
57 Greenwood, Norman 1477 2 27:W 10:L 22:L 65:W 17:L 39:L 47:L
58 Talisayon, Samuel 1218 2 28:L 41:W 36:L 37:L 49:L 55:L 69:W
59 Karayi, Valsalan 1373 2 0: 27:L 61:W 0:D 46:L 60:D 49:L
60 Cameron, Jole 1072 2 22:L 32:L 41:D 48:L 69:W 59:D 50:L
61 Talpade, Udit 1040 2 30:L 54:L 59:L 0:D 56:W 41:L 62:D
62 Sweeney, Matthew 1300 2 18:L 33:L 69:W 54:L 53:L 63:D 61:D
63 Kumar, Dhirendra 1104 1.5 20:L 31:L 45:L 41:L 51:W 62:D 48:L
64 Frerer, Samantha 1060 1.5 23:L 37:L 50:L 69:W 55:D 40:L 66:L
65 Markson, Ellis 1111 1.5 21:L 46:L 51:W 57:L 50:L 66:D 56:L
66 Kumar, Sanjesh 708 1.5 34:L 42:L 55:L 51:L 47:L 65:D 64:W
67 Kumar, Karishma 161 1 0:W 11:L 25:L 43:L 40:L 56:L 51:L
68 Smirnov, Vladimir 2296 1 45:W 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0:
69 Kumar, Amit 0 39:L 49:L 62:L 64:L 60:L 51:L 58:L

bunta
22-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Anish Kumar got 3 points for the rating prize Unr-1380 and i also got three points but they didn't mention me for a prize???

arosar
22-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Who r u?

AR

antichrist
22-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Anish Kumar got 3 points for the rating prize Unr-1380 and i also got three points but they didn't mention me for a prize???

Maybe Anish beat higher rated players than yourself - it is called "countback".

Kerry Stead
22-07-2005, 05:41 PM
I wasn't there, so don't know what the prizes were, but as an unrated player, you should not be eligible for a ratings prize - you could have any rating at all. To my mind, more logical would have been an under 1380 prize, which you aren't eligible for.

antichrist
22-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Who r u?

AR

It gets narrowed down to Todorovski, Marjan or Ngo, Michael, pinning the tail on the donkey I will say Michael?

bunta
22-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Who r u?

AR

Michael Ngo, the asian junior whose aged about 16, i asked why you wanted angela song's game. Do you remember? and you said you were going to post it on your blog which you did because you found it interesting to post up a girl's game. I'm the guy who asked you those questions lol, that's if you can remember!

bunta
22-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I wasn't there, so don't know what the prizes were, but as an unrated player, you should not be eligible for a ratings prize - you could have any rating at all. To my mind, more logical would have been an under 1380 prize, which you aren't eligible for.

Thanks stead, as you explained it to me on msn messenger lol :)

antichrist
23-07-2005, 07:40 PM
During the recent Fairfield Winter Cup when play was interrupted by the ode, that is darkness, trumpets blasting etc. I enquired of the DOP if the players on move should maybe get a minute or so extra to reconcentrate. Answer was in the negative.

When brought up here TCN said the adjustments of the clocks was not worth the trouble. And I queried if digital clocks could be adjusted accordingly.

All this is unnecessary.

On resumption of play, before the re-starting of the clocks the DOP just announces that play has resumed without starting clocks, then after say 2 minutes tells the players to start clocks. No time adjustment is necessary.

bunta
24-07-2005, 12:25 PM
During the recent Fairfield Winter Cup when play was interrupted by the ode, that is darkness, trumpets blasting etc. I enquired of the DOP if the players on move should maybe get a minute or so extra to reconcentrate. Answer was in the negative.

keep in mind that the interruption was inevitable..

antichrist
24-07-2005, 12:35 PM
keep in mind that the interruption was inevitable..

Of course, and it will happen many times in the future which is why we should cater for it by method of my previous post, with no adjustments of clocks necessary.

I would hate to be trying to calculate knight moves 6-8 moves ahead when interrupted by the longish ode, which as stated previously has personal significance to me.

Just out of interest I wonder what FIDE rules would say on this?

Bereaved
24-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Hello, everyone,
In the 2004 Ballarat Begonia, during the second round, which was on the Saturday evening, the lights in the venue failed, came back on, failed again and then came back on, and I think they stayed on then. The arbiter, Kevin Perrin, who does an excellent job as an aside, was quick to get the clocks stopped after the lights failed the first time.

Play resumed when the lights went back on, and then had to be stopped again after the second light failure.

It was a very unsettling experience, and in all truth, although it was not the only factor, I don't tend to lose too many games a piece for pawn up in general, as I did here.

It is hard to see an absolute solution to this one, and a very light reading of the copy of the Chess Organiser's Handbook, 2nd edition, I have here does not bring up an immediately pertinent entry, but I will look more later.

Certainly, the conduct of a game is supposed to be merely the moves played across the board, and the result that arrives at, but at times other things can impede the regular flow of play... :hmm:

Take care and God Bless, Macavity,

Oh and AR, If you want to hear a comment about the poaching, PM me and I'll see what I can come up with..

Kerry Stead
24-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Of course, and it will happen many times in the future which is why we should cater for it by method of my previous post, with no adjustments of clocks necessary.

I would hate to be trying to calculate knight moves 6-8 moves ahead when interrupted by the longish ode, which as stated previously has personal significance to me.

Just out of interest I wonder what FIDE rules would say on this?
What you do then Peter is to VISUALISE the position ... so in fact while the ode is going on, you pause briefly to remember the fallen and then turn your mind back to the calculation ... and all this while your clock is stopped! So in fact, you get an EXTRA minute or two thinking time ... :hmm:

antichrist
24-07-2005, 03:07 PM
What you do then Peter is to VISUALISE the position ... so in fact while the ode is going on, you pause briefly to remember the fallen and then turn your mind back to the calculation ... and all this while your clock is stopped! So in fact, you get an EXTRA minute or two thinking time ... :hmm:

That is the best I can remember coming from you. You are not a lawyer are you?

I would not mind if they left the lights on so could ACTUALLY VISUALISE out of the corner of my eye. I admit my visualising is not too good, but can calculate up to 8 moves ahead sometimes in a classic game.

But chess is not a game (according to the rules) to be played under onerous conidtions. And what does the rule book say anyway, I looked but cannot find my yellow 1977 USA edition?

Kerry Stead
24-07-2005, 05:01 PM
That is the best I can remember coming from you. You are not a lawyer are you?

I would not mind if they left the lights on so could ACTUALLY VISUALISE out of the corner of my eye. I admit my visualising is not too good, but can calculate up to 8 moves ahead sometimes in a classic game.

But chess is not a game (according to the rules) to be played under onerous conidtions. And what does the rule book say anyway, I looked but cannot find my yellow 1977 USA edition?
No Peter, I'm not a lawyer.

Why is this a matter of concern for you? Its one minute in a game of chess ... get over it!

antichrist
24-07-2005, 06:29 PM
No Peter, I'm not a lawyer.

Why is this a matter of concern for you? Its one minute in a game of chess ... get over it!

Maybe so, but there are about a hundred rules on how a person cannot be distracted in the game, and unfairly only one player, whose move is on, cops it predominantly during the ode, and whilst there is such a simple correction like I have proposed earlier why not try it a few times.

The more delay I encounter in finding out the FIDE rules on it the more suspicious I become.

By the way I was greatly amused by your previous post.

I hope this complaint does not drive you to another post about people complaining!