PDA

View Full Version : ACF executive- the real picture

firegoat7
17-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Hello,

I am curious to know whether this list is up to date?

http://www.auschess.org.au/acfexec.htm

Cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
17-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello,

I am curious to know whether this list is up to date?

http://www.auschess.org.au/acfexec.htm

Cheers Fg7Only the Executive section is up to date.

firegoat7
19-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Hello,

So what about the non-executive positions? It is June 2005, maybe names like Michael Baron ought to be removed.

Cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
19-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Hello,

So what about the non-executive positions? It is June 2005, maybe names like Michael Baron ought to be removed.That part of the web page is out of date. The Auduitor is Ross Hamilton and the Public Officer is Denis Jessop. As noted in ACF Bulletin #301 the only other currently appointed office bearers are:

The following office bearers were re-appointed: Archivist/ Historian; Paul Dunn; Bulletin Editor: Paul Broekhuyse; FIDE Delegate; Phil Viner; FIDE ratings officer: Gary Bekker; Grand Prix Coordinator: Gavin Gray; Medals Coordinator: Gary Wastell; National Ratings Officers: Bill Gletsos/ Graham Saint; Publicity Officer: Ashley Rambukwella; Senior Selection Coordinator: Kevin Bonham; Webmaster: Paul Broekhuyse.
However in line with section 8b of the ACF constitution I expect all of them to be reappointed at the next ACF Council meeting on July 18th.

firegoat7
19-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Hello,

We have talked about this before but I thought this would be the proper place to highlight these issues.

Denis has stated that the ACF is his only hat at the moment.

Gary is President of ChessVictoria and a deputy at the ACF, Is this a desirable position for *******?

As for Norm,Kerry,and Jey, I am not sure what other positions they hold. Do they have potential confiicts?

Now for the serious stuff.

1) Does holding two positions within different institutions constitute a conflict of interests?
2) Is Oz chess large enough for seperation of powers?

3) How would you work things if you had the power?

Cheers Fg7

P.S Please don't answer this question in a personal way. Answer it a rational way.

Bill Gletsos
19-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Hello,

We have talked about this before but I thought this would be the proper place to highlight these issues.Or possibly just an excuse to push your own agenda.

Denis has stated that the ACF is his only hat at the moment.

Gary is President of ChessVictoria and a deputy at the ACF, Is this a desirable position for *******?It has advanatges. It allows him to bring a wealth of experience to the ACF Council.

As for Norm,Kerry,and Jey, I am not sure what other positions they hold.Norm is also NSWCA Treasurer. Kerry is a NSWCA Council member. He is also on the NSWJCL Council. Jey is the ACT Secretary.

Do they have potential confiicts?If they do its not to any great extent. And of course if they did for a particular issue then they would no doubt abstain from voting on that issue.

Now for the serious stuff.

1) Does holding two positions within different institutions constitute a conflict of interests?No. See Denis Jessop's response here. http://www.chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=60184&postcount=58

2) Is Oz chess large enough for seperation of powers?Doesnt appear so as there is a distinct lack of people nominating for the positions.

3) How would you work things if you had the power?It is quite normal in the business world for people to hold directorships in several companies. I suspect that if you tried to explicitly exclude it you would lose to a legal challenge.

P.S Please don't answer this question in a personal way. Answer it a rational way.Let us hope you can respond in kind.