PDA

View Full Version : A Ratings Calculator with a Database??

jase
07-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I have been on the lookout for a program that will calculate ratings from a database. Essentially, precisely what the likes of the ACF, NSWJCL, etc do already, just on a micro-scale.

At the high school where I teach, the vast number of chess players either do not have ratings, or are provisionally rated on account of their participation in the annual inter-schools competition, providing a sample of 6 or 7 games.

I think rating all the students who are playing chess, either in the school chess club, or socially, might help lift the profile, and create further interest by providing barometer for chess abilities.

There are many easily accessible programs online that will allow me to enter opponent ratings and produce a new rating, but what I would like is to be able to do that for 40-50 students, over the course of a tournament or two.

The software "Chess Club Manager", which I found at www.thinklikeaking.org does just this, but at a cost of $121USD in cluding shipping.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kevin Bonham
22-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Thread locked

...because it is an old thread posted by someone no longer active in the chess scene that seems to have become a repository for duplicate advertising (which I've deleted).