PDA

View Full Version : howler of the championship

Garvinator
11-01-2004, 10:33 AM
ok guys something a little different here:

with the championships just been played and im sure most ppl have looked through the games by now,

What is your vote and thoughts on the biggest howler in one of the championship games.

My vote so far would be Petra's effort against Tao, ... Rh6 went she was winning.

bobby1972
12-01-2004, 08:41 AM
what about hacche missing mate in one twice and narelle missing ra7 mating in the midle of the two misses ,or daryl not taking canfell queen for nothing.

Kevin Bonham
13-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Yes, the missed win in Canfell-Johansen was probably the most spectacular and poetic mistake I saw, but I've only played through perhaps 15% of the games. I wonder if that was a double blunder and both sides thought Canfell wins if the Q is taken.

Szuveges-Hacche - I strongly suspect the PGN is wrong and Hacche played Nxe2+ not Ne4.

arosar
13-01-2004, 03:42 PM
I have assembled the Aus Chmp pgn files so that they are neatly laid out round by round. Also, I have corrected some of the inconsistencies in the names (ie. <surname>,<first initial>). If any1 is interested, email me and I will email you my version.

I've done the same for the seniors and reserves.

AR

bobby1972
13-01-2004, 04:41 PM
what about fear of allowing 2 ROOKS ON THE 7 it cost alot in the champs.johansen against canfell,also johansen against rogers where rc6 to stop 2 R on 7 but rb3 or bb3 wins
and smerdon against rogers where bb1 and if rdd7 then rf1