PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help on tournament research

jase
19-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I am not sure if these are still running, but from about 1990 until recently there existed an annual tournament that pitted the best female players against veteran GMs. The match was held over 5 boards, as a Scheviningen Double Round Robin.

Each year's event was held in a different city (usually European), and was named after a local dance.

What I am looking for are images from these events - not of the players, but the posters/artwork produced to promote the event. I've found lots of crosstables and tournament reports, but I know there was some fabulous artwork done for at least some of these tournaments. The poster created the year the event was held in Spain (and called the Flamenco tournament) was a very striking Red and Yellow number, with I think Black and White dancing silhouettes.

The purpose of my seach is to assist in the design of an event I am creating at the moment. Any assistance would be MUCH appreciated.

Thunderspirit
20-05-2005, 11:19 AM
They matches are still be played, you may want to try and contact some of the organisers from past events... Can't help more than that Jase... Sorry...

jay_vee
20-05-2005, 12:07 PM
No, they are no longer played, the last one was in 2001 in Amsterdam (there may have been another in 2002 in Amsterdam as well, I'm not quite sure).

Previous tournaments were:
1992 - Aruba (Neth. Antilles)
1993 - Vienna
1994 - Monte Carlo
1995 - Prague
1996 - London
1997 - Kopenhagen
1998 - Roquebrune (France)
1999 - Marbella
2000 - Munich