PDA

View Full Version : Australian e-mail bulletins

firegoat7
05-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Hello,

This is a simple question, it may be a repeat from an old thread, but I couldn't find it.

Why does the ACF Australian News email bulletin contain so much overseas news? What is the editorial policy on this subject? Personally I don't really like seeing a repeat of TWIC

Cheers Fg7

auriga
06-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Hello,

This is a simple question, it may be a repeat from an old thread, but I couldn't find it.

Why does the ACF Australian News email bulletin contain so much overseas news? What is the editorial policy on this subject? Personally I don't really like seeing a repeat of TWIC

Cheers Fg7

because the editor (paul b) likes to.

i remember a few club players saying to me they like this part of it (world news/games) though personally i'm not too bothered about them.

i used to like the letters section but sadly there's not many letters being sent anymore (used to be some crackers in there)

i guess as long as the important aussie stuff is in there it's not too bad.
maybe it would be too thin if it was aussie-only.
paul is also good at sending it each week (i can't think of many weeks he skipped)

Thunderspirit
06-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Hello,

Cheers Fg7

Australian Chess doesn't always have enough exciting content that is truely 'National' to fill a whole bulletin each week. Reporting on local club events is a state concern and should be done on the state association's website.

firegoat7
06-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Australian Chess doesn't always have enough exciting content that is truely 'National' to fill a whole bulletin each week. Reporting on local club events is a state concern and should be done on the state association's website.

First point. Maybe,Maybe not- ought the ACF be trying to address this issue?

Second point. Definately not, local club events are important. They are not just state concerns they are often news worthy items in their own rights.

What is more, if you don't treat them like they are important then you belittle your own product. As a suggestion more personal stories would make a much better read then boring crosstables. And yes they don't have to be reports from strong players, they just need good entertainment value.

Am I missing something here, or is the world news thread just beneath the Aussie news thread on the ACF bulletin board?

Cheers Fg7