PDA

View Full Version : Change username?

pballard
03-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Is it possible to change my displayed username? Or do I have to just open a new account?

--
Peter

Rincewind
03-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Is it possible to change my displayed username? Or do I have to just open a new account?

There is no Display Name separate to username but it is possible to change username by PMing an admin.

http://www.chesschat.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=401

tcn (on locatio
11-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Just thought i'd let the mods and admin know that i'm using this name when i'm not using my home computer. I don't trust public machines.... (and it was supposed to be tcn on location ... but it got cut off.....

Trent Parker

eclectic
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Just thought i'd let the mods and admin know that i'm using this name when i'm not using my home computer. I don't trust public machines.... (and it was supposed to be tcn on location ... but it got cut off.....

Trent Parker

why not

tcnONlocation

?

that's if the problem is due to a limit on how many characters you are allowed

eclectic

Spiny Norman
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
TCNonLocation ;)

skip to my lou
11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
the chess bolt

ElevatorEscapee
26-08-2005, 09:02 PM

--
Peter

Um, can I change my username to pballard, if pballard no longer wishes to call himself pballard anymore? ;) :D

Spiny Norman
26-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Um, can I change my username to pballard, if pballard no longer wishes to call himself pballard anymore? ;) :D
Stirrer! :) How's things up at Bendigo?

ElevatorEscapee
26-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Stirrer! :) How's things up at Bendigo?

Things aren't going too badly, however I suspect that the new pballard will be able to give you a more detailed response (as soon as the old pballard decides on a new username that is. ;) ) :lol:

pballard
26-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Things aren't going too badly, however I suspect that the new pballard will be able to give you a more detailed response (as soon as the old pballard decides on a new username that is. ;) ) :lol:

Eh?

ElevatorEscapee
26-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Have you decided what you would like your name changed to yet, Peter? ;)

pballard
27-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Have you decided what you would like your name changed to yet, Peter? ;)

Well I wanted to change it from pballard to peterballard, but it's no big deal, which is why hadn't followed on from my original request.

Why I don't understand is why you claim to want the username pballard... please explain :)

Spiny Norman
27-08-2005, 12:03 PM
This could be heading for a Pythonesque moment:
"I'm Peter Ballard ..."
"NO, I'M Peter Ballard!"
"Wait a sec, I'm Peter Ballard!"
"Look here, I'm Peter Ballard ... and so is my wife!"

pballard
29-08-2005, 01:32 PM
"I'm Peter Ballard ..."
"NO, I'M Peter Ballard!"

Err, so you're saying the ElevatorEscapee is really a Bendigo resident called Peter Ballard??

Rincewind
29-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Well I wanted to change it from pballard to peterballard, but it's no big deal, which is why hadn't followed on from my original request.

I must have missed this, Peter. If you are still interested please send me a PM and I can action.

antichrist
29-08-2005, 02:28 PM
You are welcome to change mine to "The Anti-Christ 666" while you are at it.

ElevatorEscapee
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
"I'm Peter Ballard ..."
"NO, I'M Peter Ballard!"
:lol:

Err, so you're saying the ElevatorEscapee is really a Bendigo resident called Peter Ballard??

No, by quoting the Monty Python, Life of Brian reference, I believe that Frosty was pointing out that I was just pulling your leg ... :lol: (either that, or his wife is named Peta Ballard ;))

If I were to change my name, there are a couple that I thought of just after joining this forum.

My favourite would have to be: "Slobodan Pesak" (according to an old Informator, this is Serbo-Croatian for "passed pawn", however it looks like a genuine name).

Favoured to a lesser extent would be: "Freibauer" (this one is German for "passed pawn"). :)

However, now that I have posted a fair bit under my current name, it would only serve to confuse people by changing, so I will stick with the one I have. :D

antichrist
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Reminder to several posters: wishing other posters dead, encouraging other posters to kill themselves, threats of violence (implied or explicit) and other things like that are not allowed and will be deleted - even if there was serious provocation.

Issues related to suicide and depression are sensitive for several posters on this board for a variety of reasons. Please try to be tactful when discussing them.

My post which was deleted was actually meant as a play on Brodgen's suicide attempt - I thought RW would pick that up. You all should know better of me than that.

Rincewind
03-09-2005, 12:22 AM
My post which was deleted was actually meant as a play on Brodgen's suicide attempt - I thought RW would pick that up. You all should know better of me than that.

The point is you should not be making plays on the suicide attempts of others you lame ignoramus.

antichrist
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
The point is you should not be making plays on the suicide attempts of others you lame ignoramus.

To be consistent you should also be tolerant of lame ignoramus's, lame is only step away from death!

ElevatorEscapee
03-09-2005, 12:44 AM
What does this have to do with changing usernames? :confused:

Rincewind
03-09-2005, 12:45 AM
To be consistent you should also be tolerant of lame ignoramus's, lame is only step away from death!

That is just afunny.

antichrist
03-09-2005, 12:52 AM
What does this have to do with changing usernames? :confused:

Well the decision to delete my post was posted in a locked thread so had to be somewhere.

pballard
03-09-2005, 05:21 PM
:lol:
No, by quoting the Monty Python, Life of Brian reference, I believe that Frosty was pointing out that I was just pulling your leg ... :lol:

Thanks... The whole episode has left me a bit puzzled, but at least I know what was going on now. :)