PDA

View Full Version : NSWJCL- Fun tournaments

bunta
09-04-2005, 12:37 PM
AUTUMN ONE-DAY TOURNAMENT

Thursday 14 April 2005

AUTUMN TWO-DAY TOURNAMENT

Wednesday-Thursday 20-21 April 2005

These fast time limit tournaments are intended for all levels of players, especially those who might not be ready to play at the slower time limits and higher standards expected in our more serious tournaments.

Format: Each tournament will be run in one open section suitable for all ages (under 18). You play all rounds (it is not a knock-out) and you play someone with a similar score to yours. This means that after the first round or two you will be meeting players of approximately the same ability as yours.

Eligibility: Players must be members of the NSW Junior Chess League and aged under 18 as on the first day of the tournament.
Please note that membership renewals are due at the beginning of January.

For membership details click HERE.

Venue: Auburn-Lidcombe RSL Youth Centre, Church Street, Lidcombe.
(About 700 metres west of Lidcombe Railway Station, just past swimming pool).

For map click HERE.

Time: Registration 9 a.m. on the first day of each tournament. Play starts at 9.30 a.m. and finishes approximately 3.30 p.m. Participants must leave or be collected from the venue by 4 p.m.

Number of Rounds: One-Day: at least 7 rounds; Two-Day: at least 9 rounds (over the two days).

Time Limits: One-Day: 15 minutes per player per game; Two-Day: 30 minutes per player per game.
Players unfamiliar with chess clocks will be given guidance and practice before play starts.

Prizes: There will be trophies for the first three places plus some age awards.

Entry Fees: One-Day: $10; Two-Day: $16. Closing date for entries: two days before each tournament. Late entries may be accepted up to 9.45 a.m. on the day of the tournament, upon payment of a late fee of $10 (per family). This late fee is reduced to $5 if a phone entry is made before the day of the tournament. Late entries and late payments delay the start of tournaments - please enter (and pay) beforehand. If necessary, late entries will be processed after play starts and late entrants (and latecomers) will miss the first round.

For printable entry form click HERE.

Canteen: A canteen will be available for lunch and refreshments.

Enquiries: Margaret Cuckson, phone 9388 7940, or Richard Gastineau-Hills, phone 9412 4579.

is anyone going? who in this site is U18 guys/girls? just curious =P

antichrist
09-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I went to one of these fun tournos celebrating 25 year anniversay of NSWJCL, I played transfer with a wooden opponent as planned one deserted me. Anyway came across Gareth Charles and Kwan Kwan. And guess what I kept wiping out GC but my partner completely lost to KK. Probably only time will ever meet GC and I have on up on him. (even if result reads otherwise)

Lucena
09-04-2005, 06:11 PM
I went to one of these fun tournos celebrating 25 year anniversay of NSWJCL, I played transfer with a wooden opponent as planned one deserted me. Anyway came across Gareth Charles and Kwan Kwan. And guess what I kept wiping out GC but my partner completely lost to KK. Probably only time will ever meet GC and I have on up on him. (even if result reads otherwise)

Just you wait, Peter, just you wait... :devious: :devious: :devious: :rambo:

JGB
09-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Just you wait, Peter, just you wait... :devious: :devious: :devious: :rambo:

I know where my money is! ;)

Candy-Cane
09-04-2005, 08:48 PM

who in this site is U18 guys/girls? just curious =P

I am.

Kerry Stead
10-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Thursday 14 April 2005

AUTUMN TWO-DAY TOURNAMENT

Wednesday-Thursday 20-21 April 2005

is anyone going?

I should be there as a DOP ...

antichrist
10-04-2005, 04:31 PM

Which you probably get paid for and I voluntarily arrange the chairs (or used to) which is about all I am good for anyway.

antichrist
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
I know where my money is! ;)

I must admit because of constant gambling on short games I have lost decent play. I sold my soul. I have lost faith in my game.

bunta
10-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I am.

how old are you? how do they set out these tournaments, since people are at different levels. Are there any prizes?

bunta
10-04-2005, 11:55 PM

what's a DOP?

Rincewind
10-04-2005, 11:57 PM
what's a DOP?

Director Of Play - like an arbiter.

bunta
11-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Director Of Play - like an arbiter.

oh i see, thanks for that Rincewind

Trent Parker
11-04-2005, 08:31 AM
I got Nothing planned later this week.... Need a hand with anything Kerry?