PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Tourny on FICS

Rincewind
04-04-2005, 09:56 PM
On a slight tangent, how about a chesschat.org blitz tourny on FICS some night?

arosar
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm all for that!! I've been thinking of the same for some time. I reckon it'll be fun. Is it possible to create a 'room' in freechess so we can just pop in there?

AR

Rincewind
04-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm all for that!! I've been thinking of the same for some time. I reckon it'll be fun. Is it possible to create a 'room' in freechess so we can just pop in there?

I'm told ch 230 is the Aussie channel. Next time you're on, join that channel.

What night is good for people who are interested?

For me Mon/Wed/Thurs are the best nights. Any time from around 9pm.

Trent Parker
04-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I'd be in for Wed/Thurs... Not Monday... chess club night.

Rincewind
05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
This Thursday may be too soon and I may be too tired to play that night anyway. But lets say for now that Thursday is our "club" night. If a group starts to meet for some social games from 9PM EST on Thursdays in channel 230. If that proves popular perhaps we can look at organising a tourny and advertising it here for particular nights and that way get bigger turn outs for those nights.

I was originally thinking Blitz but there is nothing stopping us from playing whatever people are interested in, Blitz, Standard, Losers, Suicide, Bughouse and/or Crazyhouse.

Anyone interested in playing for the fun of it just register on FICS (it's free), log on Thursday evening and look for shouts in channel 230.

Kaitlin
05-04-2005, 08:17 PM
On a slight tangent, how about a chesschat.org blitz tourny on FICS some night?

kewl I unloaded babaschess everything and reloaded it all again today for I went to work sooo hopefully it will work this time ...havent tried it yet ~ but im no talking when i play cause then I lose too quick :(

oh that is if im allowed to play.. please please please [insert sad puppy dogs eyes here] can I :) ~ (but im not very good remember)

:classic:

Rincewind
06-04-2005, 12:24 AM
oh that is if im allowed to play.. please please please [insert sad puppy dogs eyes here] can I :) ~ (but im not very good remember)

Anyone interested in playing for the fun of it just register on FICS (it's free), log on Thursday evening and look for shouts in channel 230.

Last time I checked the lists, you were included on the one called anyone. ;)

Trent Parker
06-04-2005, 12:28 AM
kewl I unloaded babaschess everything and reloaded it all again today for I went to work sooo hopefully it will work this time ...havent tried it yet ~ but im no talking when i play cause then I lose too quick :(

:classic:

Cute. :lol: :lol:

arosar
07-04-2005, 06:27 AM
OK...when do we start? I turn up to ch 230 and there's no one there except for that VamPire fella.

AR

Rincewind
07-04-2005, 09:39 AM
OK...when do we start? I turn up to ch 230 and there's no one there except for that VamPire fella.

VampireGod is always in there. TanTheMan was in there the other night but I think he was scared off.

But to answer your question, I was hoping a few people might turn up tonight for a few games.

Trent Parker
07-04-2005, 10:25 AM
MIght be there.. might not... i'm going to the gym tonight. Parents won't be home to give me a lift home so i might not get home until 10.30.

skip to my lou
07-04-2005, 06:02 PM
I can play tonight.

Rincewind
07-04-2005, 08:20 PM
I'll be doing a role call around around 9pm and we can run probably run a RR blitz event with whoever's there.

skip to my lou
07-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm already there, say my username on IRC to alert me if required.

ElevatorEscapee
08-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Can't play Wed nights.. them's Chess Club nights! :cool:

Garvinator
08-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey Baz, waiting for those results ;)
http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=2262

Rincewind
09-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Can't play Wed nights.. them's Chess Club nights! :cool:

Well Thursday night is officially the unofficial night. So hope you can make it next week. All welcome.