7 Round Swiss
Time Control: 60 minutes + 30 seconds\move
Saturday 23rd April: Entries close: 2.00pm; Round 1: 3.00 pm; Round 2: 7 pm
Sunday 24th April: Round 3: 11.00 am; Round 4: 3.00 pm; Round 5: 7.00 pm
Monday 25th April: Round 6: 11.00 am; Round 7: 3.00 pm & then prizegiving
Entry fee: $50 full, $40 concession, less $5 MCC Members

Garvinator
04-04-2005, 02:27 PM
I have heard posters on here say that playing mcc comps are more expensive than elsewhere, something like that anyways, but I see from this tournament information that the entry fees are pretty much the same as elsewhere.

Am I missing something?

Rincewind
04-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I have heard posters on here say that playing mcc comps are more expensive than elsewhere, something like that anyways, but I see from this tournament information that the entry fees are pretty much the same as elsewhere.

Am I missing something?

I thought what was said was that club membership at Melbourne Chess Club is more expensive than elsewhere. Don't remember anything particularly on tourny entries (but I might have missed it).

Garvinator
04-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I thought what was said was that club membership at Melbourne Chess Club is more expensive than elsewhere. Don't remember anything particularly on tourny entries (but I might have missed it).
as i said i wasnt sure, just wanted to know if what i remembered was correct or not.

ursogr8
04-04-2005, 02:48 PM

Am I missing something?

hi gg''

I must admit that I raised an eyebrow when I saw the cost of the NSW OPEN advertised a day or so back. But I guess that is a title event.

I don't recall seeing a comparative analysis of sample events posted here before. Sounds like a good metric task for someone. :hmm:

starter

Garvinator
04-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't recall seeing a comparative analysis of sample events posted here before. Sounds like a good metric task for someone. :hmm:

starter
well you are the king of metrics ;) and it would be something that i would be interested in.

Bereaved
05-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Guaranteed 1st $300 on behalf of MCC; other prizes will be proportional to entries,
for and on behalf of the MCC

Recherché
05-04-2005, 11:36 AM

Am I missing something?

I've said something similar to that. I can't speak for anyone else that may have, but I can speak for myself.

What I've said:

MCC membership is more expensive (about double what I pay at Box Hill, from memory, and those are the only two clubs that are remotely accessible to me).

MCC tournament entry is more expensive. That is, significantly more expensive per game than the tournaments I play in at Box Hill.

That said, MCC is not out of line with the pricing on other weekender tournaments. But I don't play in those either. I can't afford it, and they aren't value for money (for me). The only ones I've played in so far are the Mt Buller and Doeberl Minors. Both of which I felt I had a reasonable chance of doing well in. I ultimately went to Buller because I thought I was likely to win enough to pay for most, if not all, of my costs (in the end I won exactly what it cost me, down almost to the dollar), and because I thought I might not get another opportunity at a "Minor" tournament like that. I went to Doeberl because I'd had fun at Buller, and the prospect of a Minor with 70+ participants was very exciting.

What I haven't said:

MCC doesn't provide value for money. An MCC membership can provide you with an enormous amount of chess, especially if you like social blitz. I just can't afford it, regardless of how much value I might get out of it.

Rincewind
05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
MCC tournament entry is more expensive. That is, significantly more expensive per game than the tournaments I play in at Box Hill.

Cost per game doesn't mean much. How does it compare when you look at prize funds?

Garvinator
05-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Cost per game doesn't mean much. How does it compare when you look at prize funds?
I think Recherche's way of looking at value for money is a good way for the average person to look at it. The reason being is that they are not looking at how much money they can make from the tournament, but what value (financial ie cost per game) and standard of opposition they are going to have an opportunity to play.

ursogr8
05-04-2005, 01:04 PM

I will be interested in Rob's reply.
But essentially, BH must come out on the wrong side of the %_equation.
A Tuesday event over 6 nights (as a SWISS) typically has an entry fee of $15. Of that, $5 goes to rating fees, another $5 covers overheads, and the remaining $5 is prizes. So the bottom line % is 33% distribution.
Notice that if the entry fee was $20 then we would be distributing 50%.

starter

firegoat7
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Hello,

I present a mini play.

Chessplayer (selfus focus)
Organiser (slavus bitternus)
Strong Chessplayer (competitivus dominus)
Elite Official (taxemus Maximus)

picture a group of people gathering together 15 minutes before a chess tournament in the middle of nowhere on the other side of somewhere

(Selfus focus): Good evening Bitternus, I was thinking of playing in your tournament

(Slavus bitternus): Hello Focus, thats great news, we havent seen you around here for quite a while.

(Selfus focus): Whats the prize money?

(Slavus bitternus) $300 guaranteed

(Selfus focus) Thats a bit low, I thought it would be $500, more in line with the Welshie district.

(Slavus bitternus) Well we only had twenty players last year, so we really need to balance the books

(Selfus focus) hmmmm, (shows disgust)....well whats the entry fee then?

(Slavus bitternus) $30

(Selfus focus) $30!! thats outrageous!...in the cordless district, entry is only $15

(Slavus bitternus) Yes but they don't pay a rating fee there do they?

(Selfus focus) Thats true they don't

(Slavus bitternus) Nor do they give out cash prizes

(Selfus focus) Well Im not playing for first prize am I,so i don't care, afterall I presume dominus is playing?

(Slavus bitternus) Yes he is a confirmed entry, here he is now

(Competitivus dominus) (enters the room) Greetings everyone, focus, how are you? hows the antique business going?, long time no see, it must be two years since we last played?

(Selfus focus) Yes two years, you swindled me two pawns down in the bishop of opposite color ending, remember?

(Competitivus dominus) How could I forget, I almost had a lost position at one point in the game.

(Selfus focus) I was winning the whole way into I blundered

(Competitivus dominus) If you recall I won the analysis aswell.

(Selfus focus) (leaves in a huff)

(Slavus bitternus) How are you dominus?

(Competitivus dominus) great bitternus, yourself? When are you going to play chess again?

(Slavus bitternus) Im ok Dominus, just a bit tired, no time for chess.

(Competitivus dominus) Chear up old chap, its a beautiful day, you really ought to make some time for chess, it helps balance your life.

(Slavus bitternus) Yes.. I really would like to play...but someone has to do this

(Competitivus dominus) There you are, your already thinking more positive!, by the way is Grandmasterus superdominatis playing?

(Selfus focus) (re-joins the conversation)

(Slavus bitternus) Yes, he is dominus

(Competitivus dominus) Great it will be nice to play for the competition instead of the money and the conditions are great.

(Slavus bitternus) Yes it should be a good tourney, we have an unknown from antarticamus playing with a huge Fodder rating!

(Competitivus dominus) Where is he?

(Slavus bitternus) Over there in the corner playing blitz

(Competitvus dominus) I think I will go and watch a liitle bit (dominus blends in with the gallery watching the blitz players)

(Selfus focus) I see I am paired in the top half, why is that?

(Slavus bitternus) The imperial authority gave you 150 points for not playing

(Selfus focus) Jeeez..... but I thought I would be in the bottom half and a certainty for the rating prize

(Slavus bitternus) Hey I don't make the rules, they did it to everyone

(Selfus focus) Well on 2nd thoughts I want to withdraw, give me my money back!, such a crappy tournament, I have better things to do.

(Slavus bitternus) sigh (hands over the money)

4 days later the phone rings as slavus maximus finishes the crosstable for the umbi bumbi dumbi open.

(Slavus bitternus) Umbi bumbi dumbi chess club- Maximus speaking

(Taxemus maximus) How many players bitternus?

(Slavus bitternus) 42

(Taxemus maximus) Not a bad turn out Bitternus, make sure you make the $430 credits payable to the Imperial alliance by last Monday, otherwise you will risk being disaffilliated (phone disconnects)

(Slavus bitternus) sigh

Cheers Fg7

ursogr8
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Very humourous firegoat7

:clap: :D

But aren't you worried that you may have diverted the thread off-topic? ;)

starter

Garvinator
05-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Very humourous firegoat7

:clap: :D

But aren't you worried that you may have diverted the thread off-topic? ;)

starter
i actually thought it was a rather true but depressing account of a conversation that could happen quite often, if chess people spoke that amount of times together ;)

Recherché
05-04-2005, 04:35 PM

Cost per game means everything, as far as I'm concerned. I play chess tournaments assuming I won't be winning any money. I'd play in a tournament without prizes. In fact my ideal tournament would be one without prizes that simply charged enough to cover ratings fees and other costs. Unfortunately I suspect it might not be too popular. Prizes seem very deeply ingrained into the psyche of chess players, even the ones who hardly ever (or even never) win any.

As for prize funds, I don't really know. I've always been very happy with the prizes I've won at Box Hill, but any prize is a bonus from my point of view, so I may not be the best judge.

Rincewind
05-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Cost per game means everything, as far as I'm concerned. I play chess tournaments assuming I won't be winning any money. I'd play in a tournament without prizes. In fact my ideal tournament would be one without prizes that simply charged enough to cover ratings fees and other costs. Unfortunately I suspect it might not be too popular. Prizes seem very deeply ingrained into the psyche of chess players, even the ones who hardly ever (or even never) win any.

As for prize funds, I don't really know. I've always been very happy with the prizes I've won at Box Hill, but any prize is a bonus from my point of view, so I may not be the best judge.

Thanks for the explanation and I suspect you may be right that the rank and file might prefer to play in lower cost, lower prize tournies. However, I think the higher the prize the more big fish you attract which also helps increase number of people who want to play the big fish. MCC seems quite proud of their obviously strong level of club members and so higher entry fees for events are probably a part of that package.

A thread rehashing tournament cost models should be started on this issue if anyone wants to develop this theme further rather than continue to drift MCC's thread on their ANZAC Day weekender.

All the best with the event Bill/FG7/Malcolm et al.

Recherché
05-04-2005, 05:09 PM
MCC seems quite proud of their obviously strong level of club members and so higher entry fees for events are probably a part of that package.

Oh yes, I'm certainly not condemning the MCC model. It just happens to be unsuitable for me at the moment. Maybe when I'm ~2000 with a regular income I'll change my mind. ;)

HappyFriend
10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
MCC strong level of club members? You are talking about body odour I presume....

Rincewind
10-04-2005, 10:55 PM
HappyFriend,

I'm getting the distinct impression that you aren't that happy with, or friendly toward, the MCC. Observant I know, seeing as though you have only slagged them off in 4 out of your first 5 posts. But I'm picking up a trend.

(Edit: 5 out of 6)

Garvinator
10-04-2005, 11:03 PM
HappyFriend,

I'm getting the distinct impression that you aren't that happy with, or friendly toward, the MCC. Observant I know, seeing as though you have only slagged them off in 4 out of your first 5 posts. But I'm picking up a trend.

(Edit: 5 out of 6)
a trend or a metric ;) ;) :owned: who are you grumpyfriend and why are you slagging mcc?

WhiteElephant
11-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Hello HappyFriend,

I have to admit, my one experience with the MCC in recent years was not a particularly pleasant one. This is what happened:

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine - one of the leading players in Qld at the time - was in Melb and wanted to check out a chess club while he was here. I suggested MCC even though I hadn't been there for a long time.

We dropped in on a Thursday night (a night which I thought might have been fairly well attended). There were maybe 3 or 4 guys sitting around playing Blitz so we thought we might as well have a couple of games too. We started a game and after we'd made a few moves, we heard a voice over our shoulder saying: 'that will be $5 visitors fee thanks!'

No 'hello', no 'welcome to our club'. Just, 'hand over the money'. Fair enough, we were happy to pay the fee, but we were made to feel like we were just a source of revenue rather than a potential valued member. (In contrast I was made to feel particularly welcome at Box Hill).

Anyway, the reason I tell this story is not because I have anything against MCC. That was only one negative experience and I plan to make a return visit in the future - I know that MCC regularly draws strong fields to its club tournaments in which I would like to play someday.
The reason I tell this story is because I would like to know specifically what it is you don't like about MCC. It would help me (and others) take you a little more seriously and I am sure the MCC members here would appreciate the constructive criticism.

W.E.

JGB
11-04-2005, 01:41 AM
MCC strong level of club members? You are talking about body odour I presume....

I am assuming already I have met yourself. Your posting style strikes me as someone I have met twice now, at the MCC.

WhiteElephant
11-04-2005, 01:43 AM
I am assuming already I have met yourself. Your posting style strikes me as someone I have met twice now, at the MCC.

Do tell. :)

HappyFriend
11-04-2005, 12:27 PM
...the Jackass was bored when he posted this LOL

Garvinator
11-04-2005, 01:32 PM
These pairings are often subject to great revision by certain committee members lest they be seen as "extremely odd"/corrupted. Rnd 2 of the MCC Championship this year had the IMs playing on boards 10, 8, 3 after all having won their 1st Round before they were rejigged. It takes "Pikey" nearly a week to come up with dud pairings. What a joke.
can you please give more information about this rejigging?

JGB
11-04-2005, 01:35 PM
can you please give more information about this rejigging?

Just wait Gray, im sure he will ;)

Garvinator
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
actually what i wanted is some directions to see the tournament in question ie a tournament link, so i can run some testing of these claims.

Garvinator
11-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Correction "to board 2.2/"
Basically the place is run to suit the biggest brown-nosers. And it is for this reason you will find committee memebers who would get kicked out of other clubs becoming board members. Nepotism rules at the MCC. I have noticed, however, they whinge like anything whenever they(the committee)think they have even been ever so slightly put out by certain decisions by Chess Victoria. Strange? Not really! Its what happens when a club is mismanaged for such a long time, no checks and balances. Members who are homeless and/with criminal convictions, live with parents until they are well into their forties, never worked in a REAL job etc
you are starting to sound like jammo ;) not to be confused with jamo or jammmooooo :lol: and i have found the relevant thread about the 2005 mcc club championships

Bill Gletsos
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
you are starting to sound like jammo ;)Actually to me he sounds nothing like jammo.

Garvinator
11-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Actually to me he sounds nothing like jammo.
what i was meaning was his latest description of mcc and i just remember jammo talking/complaining about the amount of graffiti on the walls outside and other lovely comments about the standard of some mcc members.

HappyFriend
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I remember Robert Jamieson from the old Elizabeth St days but I have not spoken to him for 25 years +. Recently got interested in chess again and how all clubs pull their weight except for MCC. It is very strange to me why/how a particular species of "dud" seems to be attracted to go there regularly, like nearly everyday, and then nominate themselves for the committee. Why cant they attract Guy West to be the president? Why not "the Fat German"? Why people like "Tsag the slag", Jackass and "Pikey"? Why? Why? WHY?????????

firegoat7
19-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

I think this event is a bit of a sleeper. Latest mail suggests a reasonably strong field. A few nibbles from some IM and FMs.

Cheers Fg7
P.S Pity our friend Happytroll wasn't playing he might have been a chance in the u1400 section after 25 years.

DoroPhil
19-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

I think this event is a bit of a sleeper. Latest mail suggests a reasonably strong field. A few nibbles from some IM and FMs.

Could you give us some names here, Dave?

firegoat7
19-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi DP,

I was told that Froehlich and Bjelobrk had expressed some interest in playing. Although unlike guruboy I will not suggest that they are absolute certainties, just highly probable ;) .

Cheers Fg7

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
25-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Quick results from MCC Anzac Day Weekender:

1st - FM Igor Bjelobrk.
= 2nd - FM Bill Jordan, FM Michael Baron, Domagoj Dragicevic.
1st rating prize - Richard Voon
2nd rating prize - Damien Arkins

24 participants (5 > 2100 ACF).

ursogr8
25-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the report on the MCC event from MCC News

Interesting that you can persuade Richard Voon to play, but he will only visit us while we run an event with $500 first prize and $1200 prizes in total. I really should try to learn mind-reading.

starter

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Some games. A more complete selection can be seen at the MCC website
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~chessmel/games.html

Event: MCC Anzac Day Weekender 2005
Site: MCC
Date: 2005.04.24
Round: ?
White: Bjelobrk, Igor
Black: Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija
Result: 1-0
ECO: E81
PlyCount: 103
EventDate: 2005.??.??

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. f3 O-O 6. Nge2 e5 7. Bg5 h6 8. Be3 c6
9. Qd2 Kh7 10. O-O-O Qa5 11. Kb1 Be6 12. d5 cxd5 13. cxd5 Bd7 14. Nc1 Rc8 15.
Nb3 Qb4 16. Nb5 Qxd2 17. Nxd2 Bxb5 18. Bxb5 a6 19. Be2 Nbd7 20. Rc1 Bf8 21. a4
Be7 22. a5 Bd8 23. Nc4 Be7 24. Rc3 Kg7 25. Rhc1 Kh7 26. Bd1 Kg7 27. b4 Rc7 28.
Ba4 g5 29. Nxd6 Rxc3 30. Nf5+ Kf8 31. Rxc3 Bxb4 32. Rc7 Bxa5 33. Rxb7 Rb8 34.
Rxb8+ Nxb8 35. Bc5+ Kg8 36. Nxh6+ Kg7 37. Nf5+ Kg6 38. Bd6 Nbd7 39. Kc2 Bb6 40.
Ne7+ Kh7 41. Nc6 Bg1 42. Nxe5 Nxe5 43. Bxe5 Kg6 44. Kd3 Bb6 45. Bb8 Nh7 46. d6
Nf8 47. Bc7 Bg1 48. d7 Ne6 49. h3 f5 50. d8=Q Nxd8 51. Bxd8 Bh2 52. Be8+ 1-0

White: Baron, Michael
Black: Jordan, Bill
Result: 0-1
ECO: A09
PlyCount: 84

1. Nf3 d5 2. c4 d4 3. e3 c5 4. exd4 cxd4 5. d3 Nc6 6. g3 e5 7. Bg2 Bd6 8. O-O
Nge7 9. Re1 f6 10. Na3 Bf5 11. Nc2 Qd7 12. a3 a5 13. b3 g5 14. Rb1 h5 15. h4 g4
16. Nh2 O-O 17. b4 axb4 18. axb4 Bg6 19. Ba3 Rxa3 20. Nxa3 Bxb4 21. Nc2 Bxe1
22. Nxe1 Rb8 23. Nf1 Kg7 24. Nd2 f5 25. Rb5 Ra8 26. Nb3 Ra7 27. Nc2 Qd6 28. Nc5
b6 29. Nb3 Ra6 30. Qe1 Be8 31. Kh2 Ng6 32. Rd5 Qf8 33. Rb5 Qe7 34. c5 bxc5 35.
Nxc5 Ra7 36. Nb3 Nd8 37. Ra5 Rxa5 38. Qxa5 f4 39. gxf4 Nxf4 40. Nc5 Nf7 41. Qb6
Ne2 42. Ne6+ Kh8 0-1

White: Davis, Tony
Black: Pyke, Malcolm
ECO: C05
PlyCount: 39

1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 Nf6 4. e5 Nfd7 5. f4 c5 6. c3 Nc6 7. Ndf3 Be7 8. Ne2
O-O 9. Qc2 f6 10. f5 fxe5 11. fxe6 Nf6 12. dxe5 Ne4 13. Be3 Bxe6 14. O-O-O g5
15. Ng3 Nxg3 16. hxg3 Rf7 17. Bd3 g4 18. Bxh7+ Kf8 19. Bg6 Rg7 20. Rh8+ 1-0

White: Bjelobrk, Igor
Black: Jordan, Bill
ECO: E80
PlyCount: 69

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. f3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. Nc3 Nc6 6. Nge2 O-O 7. Bg5 h6 8. Be3
a6 9. Qd2 Kh7 10. g4 Rb8 11. h4 b5 12. g5 Nh5 13. gxh6 Bf6 14. Nd5 Bh8 15.
O-O-O e5 16. Rg1 Be6 17. Kb1 f5 18. Bg5 Qd7 19. cxb5 axb5 20. Rc1 Rf7 21. dxe5
Nxe5 22. Rxc7 Nc4 23. Qb4 Qe8 24. Rxf7+ Bxf7 25. Ndc3 fxe4 26. fxe4 Qe5 27. Bh3
d5 28. exd5 Nxb2 29. Be6 Na4 30. Rf1 Rb7 31. Bxf7 Nf6 32. Qf8 Nxc3+ 33. Nxc3
Qxc3 34. Qxh8+ Kxh8 35. Bxf6+ 1-0

Date: 2005.04.25
White: Jordan, Bill
Black: Pecak, Mariusz
ECO: B50
PlyCount: 51

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 e6 4. O-O Nc6 5. Qe2 a6 6. c3 b5 7. Bb3 c4 8. Bc2 e5
9. a4 Rb8 10. d3 Na5 11. axb5 axb5 12. dxc4 Nxc4 13. Bd3 Bd7 14. Rd1 Qc7 15.
Na3 Nxa3 16. Rxa3 Nf6 17. Be3 Be7 18. Nh4 O-O 19. Rda1 Ng4 20. Ra7 Qc8 21. Rxd7
Qxd7 22. Ra7 Qe6 23. Nf5 Ra8 24. Qxg4 Bf6 25. Nh6+ Kh8 26. Nxf7+ 1-0

Bill Gletsos
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I havent received this for rating yet. Hopefully you have submiited it to the CV Ratings Officer.

I have received the MCC Championship.

NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK
10-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Sources confirm that the event's co-DOP Thai Ly has sent the swissperfect files for the event to Milic Sucevic.

Below is the crosstable for the event forwarded to MCC news from Mr Ly. Apologies for the formatting:

1.|Bjelobrk, Igor|VIC||2384|6.5|13:W|8:W|6:W|5:W|2:W|3:D|9:W
2.|Jordan, Bill|VIC||2291|5|14:W|7:W|3:W|9:W|1:L|12:W|5:L
3.|Baron, Michael|VIC||2286|5|15:W|10:W|2:L|13:W|11:W|1:D|6: D
4.|Partsi, Dimitry|VIC||2180|3|16:W|9:L|5:L|20:W|21:W|7:L|13:-
5.|Dragicevic, Domagoj|VIC||2138|5|17:W|12:D|4:W|1:L|13:W|6:D|2:W
6.|Dizdarevic, Mehmedalija|VIC||1942|4.5|18:W|11:W|1:L|14:W|9:D|5 :D|3:D
7.|Pyke, Malcolm L|VIC||1916|4.5|19:W|2:L|15:D|10:L|17:W|4:W|12:W
8.|Hogg, Dean|VIC||1892|1|20:W|1:L| :| :| :| :| :
9.|Voon, Richard|VIC||1890|4.5|21:W|4:W|12:W|2:L|6:D|11:W|1 :L
10.|Davis, Tony J|VIC||1878|4|22:W|3:L|14:L|7:W|16:L|21:W|19:W
11.|Van Riel, Bas|VIC||1847|4|23:W|6:L|17:W|15:W|3:L|9:L|16:W
12.|Pecak, Mariusz|||1820|3.5|24:W|5:D|9:L|18:W|14:W|2:L|7:L
13.|Hilliard, Geoffrey|VIC||1740|4|1:L|20:W|16:W|3:L|5:L|17:W|4: +
14.|Wildes, John|VIC||1727|3.5|2:L|19:W|10:W|6:L|12:L|16:D|21: W
15.|Kara, Barbaros|||1712|2.5|3:L|22:W|7:D|11:L|18:W| :| :
16.|Stanishef, Alex|||1525|3|4:L|21:W|13:L|17:D|10:W|14:D|11:L
17.|Wertheim, Stephen|VIC||1521|2.5|5:L|24:W|11:L|16:D|7:L|13:L| :W
18.|Arkins, Damien|NSW||1435|3.5|6:L|23:D|19:W|12:L|15:L|24:W| 22:W
19.|Kostrzewa, Jake|VIC||1334|2.5|7:L|14:L|18:L|24:W|20:D| :W|10:L
20.|Hogan, Steven|VIC||1294|1.5|8:L|13:L|23:W|4:L|19:D| :| :
21.|Baxter, Craig|VIC||1256|2|9:L|16:L|22:W|23:W|4:L|10:L|14:L
22.|Theodosiou, Peter|VIC||1126|1.5|10:L|15:L|21:L| :D|24:L|23:W|18:L
23.|Noonan, Tom||||2|11:L|18:D|20:L|21:L| :D|22:L|24:W
24.|Simuntanyi, Kozo||||1.5|12:L|17:L| :D|19:L|22:W|18:L|23:L

Garvinator
10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
to get rid of the lines, use space or tab instead of the default option when you are exporting from sp.