PDA

View Full Version : Dynamite Factor

Blitzer
04-01-2004, 11:45 PM
It's Escribano v's Kordahi again-- get ready to run for a safe hiding place.
Good to see a Solomon endgame special.

peanbrain
05-01-2004, 09:51 AM
[quote="Blitzer"]It's Escribano v's Kordahi again-- get ready to run for a safe hiding place.
quote]

Please explain??

BTW - I'm not Pauline ....

arosar
05-01-2004, 07:20 PM
LOL!

Just been from the tourn. Kordahi was in a schit man. He was saying to me that he shouldn't have to play Jose as after all, he (Kordahi) has played in the grand World Open!

Anyway, lemme tell you something Adelaide boys: the freaking water here tastes horrible! I was smelling the styrofoam cup if it was it, but nah, it was the bloody water! Canfell was saying to me that Adelaide water just tastes like that: horrible!

AR

PHAT
05-01-2004, 10:14 PM
SA water is foul, yes, but the worst water I have ever drunk in a western country was in Los Angles. :-& :-& :-& :-& It make SA water taist like nectar of the gods.

Kevin Bonham
05-01-2004, 11:55 PM
He was saying to me that he shouldn't have to play Jose as after all, he (Kordahi) has played in the grand World Open!

But Jose has been in the FIDE online qualifier for World Championship positions, tee hee.

I propose that we do a deal with Russia and threaten to invade the United States until that event is either renamed the USA Open or else held in another country at least once the odd decade. :shock:

Bill Gletsos
06-01-2004, 12:14 AM
LOL!

Just been from the tourn. Kordahi was in a schit man. He was saying to me that he shouldn't have to play Jose as after all, he (Kordahi) has played in the grand World Open!

At least Nick won against Jose.
Imagine his mood AFTER the game if he had lost. :D

Kevin Bonham
06-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Must have been a quiet one. The two combatants scored one point between them rather than zero and there were no earthquakes reported from SA on the news tonight. Sadly it didn't make the PDFs.

Not fair - all these people who hate playing Jose get to play him all the time. I've only played him once in a blitz game and I reckon it would be quite interesting to play him at a longer time limit. It's like, this is not just another 1500s player you're playing, it's the one and only ...

I'd like to play a lot of people off this (and the previous) BB sometime too.

Rincewind
06-01-2004, 12:21 AM
At least Nick won against Jose.
Imagine his mood AFTER the game if he had lost. :D

Out of idle interest, is Jose playing sans headphones now?

Bill Gletsos
06-01-2004, 12:28 AM
He has been in NSWCA events since he got our letter.

Rincewind
06-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Is that a yes, then?

Bill Gletsos
06-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Yes.
Although what he is doing in SA I do not know.

arosar
06-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Boys . . . I am emailing you from a gorgeous little town called Hahndorf. It is reputed to be the oldest German settlement in Aus. It is sooo beautiful up here. Just been to Mount Lofty too. Adelaide is really quite beautiful you know, especially North Adelaide. My God, what pretty houses they have up there. Also, if you're ever here, try the Grace Emily Hotel (a pub). Was there with some chess people and a coupla gorgeous chicks til about 3AM! Great live music.

Btw, after we got back to the hostel, a chess player gave us all a bit of bible reading at freaking 4AM!!! A truly memorable chess experience.

AR

jenni
06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Boys . . . I am emailing you from a gorgeous little town called Hahndorf. It is reputed to be the oldest German settlement in Aus. It is sooo beautiful up here.AR

Did you find the bakery in Hahndorf?

It has seriously nice cakes and biscuits!

PHAT
06-01-2004, 11:00 PM
It has seriously nice cakes and biscuits!

Arosar would only be interested in their crumpet.

chesslover
06-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Btw, after we got back to the hostel, a chess player gave us all a bit of bible reading at freaking 4AM!!! A truly memorable chess experience.

AR

Adelaide is the city of churches. Good to see that some people still read Bibles no matter what the time. I also read the Bible evry couple of days only, but always try to read positive books before I go to bed

Garvinator
06-01-2004, 11:08 PM

AR

Adelaide is the city of churches. Good to see that some people still read Bibles no matter what the time. I also read the Bible evry couple of days only, but always try to read positive books before I go to bed
i like to think of adelaide as a city that must have a lot of sinners in it to have so many churches :P

arosar
07-01-2004, 08:11 AM
A really top notch tourn this. They have 'em lectures by experts and the players themselves. Yesterday Rogers gave a talk on his game against Solo. Fascinating! You really learn a lot from these GMs and Rogers is a very good speaker. He just seems to extract almost every bit of nugget from his positions and describe them in simple detail. I am really enjoying my time here.

AR