PDA

View Full Version : chicken factor

Garvinator
04-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Kevin,

can you run the chicken factor test over Boyd v zhao, a twelve move draw in mid tournament.

Kevin Bonham
04-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Um, didn't I get flamed last time I did that?

The URL (if you want to look up what species Mig classifies them as, I'm afraid to repeat his fowl language over here) is
http://www.chessninja.com/migonchess/migonchess116.htm

I get:

Boyd +47, Zhao +79. Nasty. :shock:

In particular the Chicken Factor thwacked this game for failing to exceed known theory by at least five moves, when in fact it did not exceed known theory at all.

And sensing there might be some other feathers to pluck I investigated further:

Bjelobrk +10, Johansen +54.

That was a rather odd one. Darryl's previous draws have all been hard-fought and generally unlucky but what's this one about, conceding Rogers another half-point and leaving Rogers now a whole point clear of his fellow GM with six rounds to play? I wonder if Darryl is feeling a bit out of sorts and has adjusted his strategy accordingly or something.

Garvinator
06-08-2004, 05:20 PM
i think i have a game that could deserve the chicken factor treatment kevin:

2004 Australian Masters; Canfell- West. drawn in 20 moves with both sides having 7 pawns and six pieces.

arosar
06-08-2004, 05:25 PM
2004 Australian Masters; Canfell- West. drawn in 20 moves with both sides having 7 pawns and six pieces.

Brilliant analysis gray. Simply brilliant! Just count the pawns and pieces.

AR

Kevin Bonham
06-08-2004, 09:39 PM
i think i have a game that could deserve the chicken factor treatment kevin:

Link's up there, go for it. :D