PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Cup Weekender

adelandre
16-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Dear all,

The new SACA committee will be putting on a revamped Adelaide Cup long weekend tournament this year, on 14th-16th May.

Features include:
- FIDE rated
- $1000 in prizes, $500 first guaranteed
- free BBQ for Sunday lunch
- 90 mins + 30 seconds/move from move one.
- Category 1 GP.

This will be held at the Chess Centre of South Australia - which is being given a spring clean over the next few weeks (steam cleaning, painting, repairs).

This will most probably be the only FIDE rated tournament in South Australia this year - and does not as yet clash with any other weekend events (this long weekend is unique to Adelaide).

For more details, see www.sachess.org

What do you guys think?

Kind Regards,
Andrew

adelandre
07-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Dear all,

A reminder that the Adelaide Cup long weekend tournament is just around the corner - next week.

This is an excellent chance to pick up some prizes and play in another FIDE tournament.

Details at www.sachess.org

Bill Gletsos
07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
If the SP files can get sent to your Rating Offcier right after the event, then he can process them and they can be included in the June rating list.

Thunderspirit
07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi Andrew,
Can't come, but best of luck with the event.

adelandre
12-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks Lee - we hope it will be a good event. Its certainly a trial for SACA.

We already have James Obst, Aaron Guthrie, Trevor Tao and Srbo Zaric as our top seeds, which should make for a very interesting contest!

Bill - I'll let Alex know to send you the SP files early next week after the event. Alex is now our ratings officer as he receives all SP files anyway for the website, so will forward them to yourself for inclusion in the ratings list.

By the way, SACA had three rapid events in late November/ early December last year. Only 1 was included in the ratings list, I think because our ratings officer at the time forgot / had a miscommunication. Can we still have these included retrospectively?

Kind Regards
Andrew

Bill Gletsos
22-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Bill - I'll let Alex know to send you the SP files early next week after the event. Alex is now our ratings officer as he receives all SP files anyway for the website, so will forward them to yourself for inclusion in the ratings list.I have not yet received these. Can you ensure they are submitted ASAP.

Garvinator
22-05-2005, 11:41 PM
and please send the sp files to myself as well at ggrayggray@hotmail.com

Oepty
24-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Trevor Tao won the event with 6/7. I have taken this off the SACA website and there are no other details.
Scott

Oepty
29-05-2005, 03:13 PM
All of the results plus all of the games are now available on the SACA website
Scott