PDA

View Full Version : Kaspa Walks Away

bobby1972
11-03-2005, 08:24 AM
I wonder how many others at club level have got the strenght to walk away from this Psychosis,it takes REAL STRENGHT to do what kaspa did .

pax
11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
I guess he is serious about his politics, and realizes he can't properly devote himself to both.

A shame for him to go out with such a lame loss.

Trent Parker
11-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Nooooooooo! It can't be true! Come on Kaspa don't let Korchnoi out play you! (Korchnoi still playing isn't he?)

JGB
11-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Nooooooooo! It can't be true! Come on Kaspa don't let Korchnoi out play you! (Korchnoi still playing isn't he?)

Hey, Korchnoi may still have his day yet! Well thats what a few of his confidants believe, still aiming to become the World Champion! :eek:

arosar
11-03-2005, 11:12 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4338719.stm

AR

eclectic
11-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I guess he is serious about his politics, and realizes he can't properly devote himself to both.

A shame for him to go out with such a lame loss.

he most likely blundered because he was thinking to himself ... thank goodness this is my "LAST" game ... rather than about the board

did bradman really care when he got a duck (? not sure) in his last innings?

eclectic

Rincewind
11-03-2005, 05:15 PM
did bradman really care when he got a duck (? not sure) in his last innings?

My memory of interviews I've seen of Bradman (years after the event admittedly) is that he didn't really feel any pressure and it was just one of those things.

When he came out to bat, the English team gathered around the middle and sang "For he's a jolly good fellow". Some people are speculated that he might have had a tear in his eye which caused him to get out. But the man himself (always I think) denied this.

I can't see the remaining Linares players gathering around and singing "For he's a jolly good fellow" before the Kasparov game. But if they had it might have made a nice parallel anecdote. :D

Trent Parker
11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Hmmm i wonder whether Kramnik will play kasim in a Wch match now..... :owned: :whistle:

Thunderspirit
12-03-2005, 08:16 AM
It's a sad day for world chess. The greatest of all time, as hung up the board for good. It"s sad becuase he was still no 1.

Thanks for the memories....

antichrist
12-03-2005, 09:21 AM
He had nothing else to prove. Maybe I could have been world champ if I did not get distracted by politics.

Rincewind
12-03-2005, 09:36 AM
He had nothing else to prove. Maybe I could have been world champ if I did not get distracted by politics.

You had more chance of being voted Miss Vanuatu I think, AC.

antichrist
12-03-2005, 10:14 AM
You had more chance of being voted Miss Vanuatu I think, AC.

Drag has never been my forte but I did play Santa Claus once for the Chinese.