PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis & Chess

arosar
10-03-2005, 03:17 PM
These Queenslanders are funny, aren't they?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1319110.htm

AR

antichrist
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
These Queenslanders are funny, aren't they?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1319110.htm

AR

Which N.S.W. player who won a few things learnt chess in prison? Too easy.

And which N.S.W. player who already knew a few things about chess could not stay out of prison?

Alan Shore
10-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Which N.S.W. player who won a few things learnt in prison? Too easy.

And which N.S.W. who already knew a few things could not stay out of prison?

Now I'm curious who that might be!

I'm guessing none of those listed by David Caldon?

antichrist
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
They departed in different directions.

antichrist
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Another hint.

The one who came from down to up went further up.

And the one who come from up, came down and went further down.

firegoat7
10-03-2005, 10:30 PM
A/C,

I have two for you. Which former N.S.W chessplayer was found dead in Sydney harbour apparently the victim of a gangland execution?

and

An urban story

Which now deceased chess player had a gun placed on a table in front of him and was told that he would be threatend with serious harm if.......? How did he get out of the situation?

antichrist
10-03-2005, 10:36 PM
A/C,

I have two for you. Which former N.S.W chessplayer was found dead in Sydney harbour apparently the victim of a gangland execution?

Know nothing of this one.
and

An urban story

Which now deceased chess player had a gun placed on a table in front of him and was told that he would be threatend with serious harm if.......? How did he get out of the situation?

Did he wash the dishes, our friend from Hungary?

firegoat7
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Did he wash the dishes, our friend from Hungary?

Yeah, The urban legend goes a bit like this.

The restaurant owner puts the gun on the table and says "Im gonna blow your legs off if you don't pay the Bill. Mr X, asks if he can go to the rest room and make a phone call to his friend, who will bring the money down for the meal.

The story then suggests that Mr X dialled the police and told them that a mad man with a gun was running amok at the restaurant.When the swat team turns up Mr X calmly walks out without paying the bill.

cheers Fg7

Kevin Bonham
11-03-2005, 01:05 AM
The restaurant owner puts the gun on the table and says "Im gonna blow your legs off if you don't pay the Bill. Mr X, asks if he can go to the rest room and make a phone call to his friend, who will bring the money down for the meal.

The story then suggests that Mr X dialled the police and told them that a mad man with a gun was running amok at the restaurant.When the swat team turns up Mr X calmly walks out without paying the bill.

Classy - if true. By the way, you cannot defame the dead in Australia so feel free to name names when talking about people who are no longer with us, provided it's nothing too distasteful or offensive that might need modding for other reasons.

antichrist
11-03-2005, 08:53 AM
I have a Hungarian brother-in-law (the one who accused my sister of being unfaithful after I left those tell-tale signs [was the post deleted?]), he knows of this guy very well and when I had a go at him about X -- he say "Yeah, but he's a Jew, not Hungarian!". My brother-in-law absolutely detested X's website, he thought it a slight on all Hungarians.

Do you know he kept that restuarant caper right until his death, dating girls then making them pick up the bill. My boy and I used to help him set up the pieces for the NSW title (I think) he was paid to run, as he had a crook leg. He gave my boy the best chess lessons I have ever seen.

I have been asked to name him, people can find out from someone else, everyone knows him, because I still have a bit of a soft spot for him. We used to get on quite well.

Rhubarb
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Ah, so many stories. So many memories. Such a long and distinguished career. Like the time he racked up a $200 bill in a 5 star restaurant and when asked to pay presented a two-Big-Macs-for-the-price-of-one voucher.

Vale PCD.

arosar
11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
I played this bloke once, in a weekender (Fairfield), while he enjoyed a glass of red. Classic that.

AR

antichrist
11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Remember the big con when representing OZ in the international masters, he ended up in the wrong country?