PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Shout Posts

Mischa
08-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm starting this thread as it has been pointed out to me that I "shout " more than post. This may be a sad reflection on my life, but I couldn't "shout' this so I'm posting it.
I'm still hoping to meet some of you in Ballarat. As mentioned earlier, I will be the long suffering mother sitting outside smoking. Come and say hello!

Mischa
08-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey, if you drop my junior off to Hubby and take me with you can I still come too?

Mischa
08-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Only to let you know that I'm not shouting at the moment.
maybe I should have called this the Shout box Thread.

Mischa
08-03-2005, 10:16 PM
It was just supposed to be a bit of fun. Some people have no sense of humour. Perhaps better close this thread oh powers that be...

antichrist
08-03-2005, 10:24 PM
No idea
If you talk to yourself people will begin to wonder, so talk to me

Mischa
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
People already wonder...and I have talked to you.

JGB
08-03-2005, 10:36 PM
No idea
If you talk to yourself people will begin to wonder, so talk to me

You have some style chap.
I have to remember that one, A true classic chatup line! :clap:

JGB
08-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey, if you drop my junior off to Hubby and take me with you can I still come too?

We can sort out a 'local' where we (CC members etc) all meet after the games Saturday night. As long as it has a nice selection of beer. ;)

Mischa
08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Problem for me is Hubby at lodgings minding little junior and me at tournament waiting for chess junior. Only one car...chess junior to get home...me to go out? Not going to work without help. But never mind will at least meet some of you during the day.

antichrist
08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
You have some style chap.
I have to remember that one, A true classic chatup line! :clap:

Saying so myself, I do have the gift of the gabb with the girls.

I have a photo in front of a beautiful chick who because of her living overseas we had to split - if I could turn back time. In six weeks together we did not have one cross word.

skip to my lou
09-03-2005, 12:18 AM
You may chat here: http://www.chesschat.org/irc

eclectic
09-03-2005, 12:55 AM
You may chat here: http://www.chesschat.org/irc

so the shoutbox will soon be decommissioned, if not already?

eclectic

Spiny Norman
09-03-2005, 06:59 AM
We can sort out a 'local' where we (CC members etc) all meet after the games Saturday night. As long as it has a nice selection of beer. ;)

Damn ... I'll have to take a rain check ... for about 5-10 years when my kids have all grown up and can look after themselves a bit better, so that I'm free to play a few more tourneys.

skip to my lou
09-03-2005, 08:46 AM

eclectic

Don't know

Mischa
09-03-2005, 10:49 PM
STML...Am trying not to shout, instead am using pm's etc. Just not working. maybe it is just me?

JGB
09-03-2005, 10:58 PM

eclectic

It shouldn't be, its a very helpful tool. Some of us are just abusing it a little :uhoh:. Perhaps it could be limited to two Shouts per person per day?

eclectic
09-03-2005, 11:03 PM
It shouldn't be, its a very helpful tool. Some of us are just abusing it a little :uhoh:. Perhaps it could be limited to two Shouts per person per day?

what!

turn it into a trappist monastery where you [almost] shut up and simply consume the propriety beer?

burp [ = shout 1 for the day]

burp [ = shout 2 for the day]

;) [:crazy:]

eclectic

Alan Shore
09-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Like banning Lee if he posts 'time' just once more....

Mischa
09-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I guess I will just have to whisper?

JGB
09-03-2005, 11:19 PM
what!

turn it into a trappist monastery where you [almost] shut up and simply consume the propriety beer?

burp [ = shout 1 for the day]

burp [ = shout 2 for the day]

;) [:crazy:]

eclectic

Me shutup? :lol:. Just wait till I find this pub on Saturday arvo mate, im going to put the trappists to work until March 2006. ....how early was that first game Sunday morning?

I might even stroll down Friday arvo, setup camp and see how the trappists are getting along. ;)

Mischa
09-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Sorry JGB but I thinkit is before midday

JGB
09-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Sorry JGB but I thinkit is before midday

Midday!, So I can polish off my last pint as im finishing of breakfast then, nice, thanks. :hand:

Mischa
09-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Worth a try!

skip to my lou
10-03-2005, 06:45 AM
STML...Am trying not to shout, instead am using pm's etc. Just not working. maybe it is just me?

Why are you not using the chat room that is now available?

Mischa
10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
How do I access it?

eclectic
10-03-2005, 12:31 PM
How do I access it?

http://www.chesschat.org/irc/

:)

eclectic

Mischa
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks!

Mischa
10-03-2005, 12:34 PM
It won't let me in

Rincewind
21-03-2005, 06:25 PM
AusNet having probs at the moment?

JGB
21-03-2005, 06:47 PM
AusNet having probs at the moment?
I couldnt get in last night or this morning. Looks like 'ole faithful' (shoutbox) comes into its own once again.

... All appolgies forwarded to the punters club.

Rincewind
21-03-2005, 06:52 PM
I couldnt get in last night or this morning. Looks like 'ole faithful' (shoutbox) comes into its own once again.

... All appolgies forwarded to the punters club.

Looks like it is working. Just taking long time to complete login. Anyway, it does seem to evetually work even using the java app.

skip to my lou
21-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Looks like I need to get our own ircd up.

Rincewind
21-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Looks like I need to get our own ircd up.

That could have advantages but I thought you said most ISP don't like you hosting an IRC server on their network.

ursogr8
22-03-2005, 07:17 AM

... All apologies forwarded to the punters club.

Punters Club have had a shock 'redundancy' action occur, reducing membership by 33 1/3 %.
Remaining two members have decided on a survival strategy, :eek: :uhoh: " work ".

starter

antichrist
22-03-2005, 08:23 PM
With reference to shoutbox, I guess I do have a problem with shoutbox becoming a chat forum

Genuine shouts don't see the light of day

Mischa
22-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Sorry sir, if I be good will you forgive me?

Kaitlin
22-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Found you.. you all moved and didnt tell me mmm :ponder:

Alan Shore
22-03-2005, 09:08 PM
You can always just post more instead.. you'll be pleasantly surprised when you reach 200, a magic leprechaun comes out of the forest and shows you a secret garden reserved only for those elite and beautiful souls.

....or something...!

Mischa
22-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Cool...I will now post this

Mischa
22-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry Kity Kat..Mr. antichrist sir said I had been bad and had to be moved.
There was no time to warn you.

skip to my lou
22-03-2005, 09:14 PM
That could have advantages but I thought you said most ISP don't like you hosting an IRC server on their network.

Yeah, most do not like it... but there might be a few that do accept.. might be US based.

Mischa
23-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Today is 'Harmony Day'-what does that mean?
It means the kids have to wear something 'orange' to school-who has orange clothes?
A tired mum slept in so everyone is late. I bully and yell them through breakfast and music practice and school preparation and briefly wish my husband 'Happy Birthday" as I push him out the door...in light of the occasion, not yelling at him for his lack of assistance. Harmony Day?
I yell instead at the kids as we drag school bags, lunches and projects into the car and drive the 20 minutes to school. There was no harmony in the back seat this morning.
But when we got to school, there were 700 or more kids dressed in orange and carrying orange, teachers and parents too, some even with orange hair. The bell went and over the loud speakers came came beautiful, joyous soul uplifting music in celebration of Harmony Day.
700+ orange clad children aged 5-12 broke into smiles, danced and played and held hands-all colours, races and religions.
Parents and teachers smiled and my heart lightened. Here is Harmony Day.
The motto is, "The hand of friendship has no colour"
I found an old orange T-shirt in the back of my wardrobe and am now proudly wearing it.
Happy Harmony Day.

ursogr8
23-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Today is 'Harmony Day'-what does that mean?
It means the kids have to wear something 'orange' to school-who has orange clothes?
A tired mum slept in so everyone is late. I bully and yell them through breakfast and music practice and school preparation and briefly wish my husband 'Happy Birthday" as I push him out the door...in light of the occasion, not yelling at him for his lack of assistance. Harmony Day?
I yell instead at the kids as we drag school bags, lunches and projects into the car and drive the 20 minutes to school. There was no harmony in the back seat this morning.
But when we got to school, there were 700 or more kids dressed in orange and carrying orange, teachers and parents too, some even with orange hair. The bell went and over the loud speakers came came beautiful, joyous soul uplifting music in celebration of Harmony Day.
700+ orange clad children aged 5-12 broke into smiles, danced and played and held hands-all colours, races and religions.
Parents and teachers smiled and my heart lightened. Here is Harmony Day.
The motto is, "The hand of friendship has no colour"
I found an old orange T-shirt in the back of my wardrobe and am now proudly wearing it.
Happy Harmony Day.

Nice post noidea.

And good choice of location. It was a bit long for the shoutbox. ;)

starter

Mischa
23-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah I thought it might be...

JGB
23-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah, nice post Noidea! :)