PDA

View Full Version : No Bull!

arosar
25-02-2005, 01:45 PM
From today's ACF newsletter:

"No Bull: Outspoken Wollongong chess enthusiast Matthew Sweeney has set up a new bulletin board for chess players - a rival to the popular Chess Chat BB. Matthew says the goals are freedom of expression; to attract and welcome more juniors to the online community in order to nurture their willingness to contribute some of their time to Australian Chess itself; To provide useful information and facilitate greater contacts between players wishing to play OTB chess; and to evolve with the Australian chess scene and thus contribute to the expansion of chess throughout the culture.

Readers should be warned that Bulletin Boards are not for everyone - they're full of strong views, stridently expressed - but hardened BB fans may wish to check out the new board.

(Please note that the ACF has no association with any bulletin board and does not endorse any comments made.)"

AR

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Good luck to Matthew with his new bulletin board.

arosar
25-02-2005, 01:58 PM
I like this board better. I just don't wanna pay fot it. But I want Who's Online access back.

AR

ursogr8
25-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Good luck to Matthew with his new bulletin board.

A message posted on chesschat.com inviting a correspondence game against Matthew's community was deleted by chesschat.com.
It looks like some-one hopes Matthew does not have too much luck with his new board. :confused:

starter

skip to my lou
25-02-2005, 10:38 PM
A message posted on chesschat.com inviting a correspondence game against Matthew's community was deleted by chesschat.com.
It looks like some-one hopes Matthew does not have too much luck with his new board. :confused:

starter

Members may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.

No, It just looks like someone has been breaking rules. :confused:

Paul S
25-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I like this board better. I just don't wanna pay fot it. But I want Who's Online access back. AR

Don't be so stingy, Amiel! You CAN afford it,so don't be a freeloader! Make a donation towards the upkeep of Chess Chat and you will have on-line access - and you will even be able to see the "invisible" members (including yourself!) when they are on line! Trust me, you will feel better for having made a contribution!

Rhubarb
26-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I must admit I'm impressed. The number of times Matty was told to go create his own board if he didn't like the rules here ... I don't think any of us expected him to actually do it.

Garvinator
26-02-2005, 01:15 AM
I must admit I'm impressed. The number of times Matty was told to go create his own board if he didn't like the rules here ... I don't think any of us expected him to actually do it.
he wasnt given much choice after the amount of times he got suspended. By the way is Matt officially banned permanetely now?

auriga
26-02-2005, 12:13 PM
From today's ACF newsletter:

"No Bull

<snip>

and welcome more juniors to the online community in order to nurture their willingness to contribute some of their time to Australian Chess itself; To

good choice for the board name... 'Uber Chess Jehad', not.

i reckon juniors will think he's a real fruit loop
(even though he's more sensible in real life)

antichrist
26-02-2005, 12:22 PM
he wasnt given much choice after the amount of times he got suspended. By the way is Matt officially banned permanetely now?

If you want to save forum space I grant you permission to remove those threads I initiated on the topic.

JGB
26-02-2005, 12:35 PM
good choice for the board name... 'Uber Chess Jehad', not.

i reckon juniors will think he's a real fruit loop
(even though he's more sensible in real life)

I was thinking the same. As someone who has never met the man, boy do I have a weird impression. As for the forum name, yeah well done :clap: :eh: , ... "so sunny what internet site are you looking up ? " Just Uber Chess Jehad, Mum" , "oh how sweet". :eek:

auriga
26-02-2005, 01:05 PM
question is can they change the name.

i think any new ideas in australian chess are ok (eg. upcoming solomon-ly match)
as long they have some chance of success.
this one looks doomed to fail (based on the name alone)